This extension narrates text on the page.
This is an open source simple text-to-speech narrator that uses Chrome's built-in Text-to-Speech API. Tested on Windows 8 and OSX so far. Please report any issues. Source code and issue tracking are available here: https://github.com/sajacy/textnarrator-chrome-extension
- (2020-04-15) Ella Threlfall: Does exactly what I need it to. I have ADHD, which makes it difficult for me to focus on the words on the page. Listening to the text being spoken at the same time means that if I zone out and miss what I was trying to read, I have a fallback in being able to hear it too. What this does well for me in particular is that I can target which text I want it to read to me, letting me skip over things that are repetitive, irrelevant, and uninteresting, which are things that cause me to lose focus more often. Another benefit this has is that I can easily jump *backwards* too, letting me re-read text I lost focus on.
- (2019-09-05) lizbeth portales rusel: facil de usar solo seleccionas el texto y precionas play
- (2019-04-25) Lynn Marie: it sucks because i cant cram a million a's into it if you make it so i can ill rate it 5 stars
- (2018-11-24) I have used it and found it good and speed option should also be made so that it can also be reduced as its very high.
- (2018-09-06) Arshmier Zada Khan: Awesome! it saves the stress on my eyes
- (2018-06-30) kevin nurhakim: best
- (2018-06-06) For Videos: Hey I liked your extension:) You created a cool product. Are you interested in selling it? My mail: [email protected]
- (2018-03-05) Luke Breakspear: i was in class and annoyed everyone it was fanstastic thank you please make more
- (2018-01-25) Sophie M: GOOGLE DOCS?
- (2017-11-02) Amber DeWitt: This app is okay and I know it is free but I wish you could change the voice and the speed of what it reads because I find it hard to follow what is being read. I downloaded this hoping it would help me with college so that I could listen and take notes on the articles I have to read but I find it easier to just read it myself and take notes as I go.
- (2017-09-03) KA Fleury: it doesn't read web pages
- (2017-06-30) Paul Menard: love it
- (2017-04-12) Denis Zabodailo: Stops after narrating short peace of text. Why?
- (2017-03-29) Marcos Oliveira: po só narra umas 2 linhas e para :(
- (2017-02-09) Blind Girl, Baking.: Not all that helpful, actually. I am legally blind and it is sometimes very hard to actually find the text that I need narrated. Doesn't work on all web pages. Unfortunately, Windows offers Narrator through their OS, and you have to use Microsoft Edge to use it, which I hate. And it's not all that great either.
- (2017-02-06) Yashkumar Budhane: Sucks! Pauses frequently after narrating 2 - 3 lines. Pause is a must for this extension if you leave the window.
- (2016-12-22) Jonathan Pecany: I did love it at first til it only read part of it than stop.
- (2016-12-20) Robert Bigham: Only works for a couple of lines.
- (2016-09-16) Angelo: to fast cant understand
- (2016-08-16) Vivek kashyap: A light app that is straight and simple. Lacks features, but its a 18kb package! That's cool. But it may need better pauses and stops.But hey, it doesn't need internet to recognize words and speak it out loud, it just uses chromes built-in text-to-speech engine. WAAAAAY better than most renouned narrators in the store.
- (2015-11-24) Dominique Ellis Perez: voice is bad, can't understand it.
- (2015-09-01) דינה רחמני זילברשטיין: לא עובד לי
- (2015-08-20) Guy Koekelbergh: stops all the time
- (2015-07-28) Mark Halvorsen: it doesnt work
- (2015-07-20) Samuel: Can't even read a full paragraph in Wikipedia.
- (2019-10-19, v:1.0) Herman Verwey: The < caracter stops the narration
The < character stops the narration. if for instance it reads this line it stops at the < for ( int i = 0; i < list.length; i++ )
- (2018-04-09, v:1.0) Anthony Becerra: TALKS TOO FAST
is thee a way to slow the voice down a bit?