This extension narrates text on the page.
This is an open source simple text-to-speech narrator that uses Chrome's built-in Text-to-Speech API. Tested on Windows 8 and OSX so far. Please report any issues. Source code and issue tracking are available here: https://github.com/sajacy/textnarrator-chrome-extension
- (2019-09-05) lizbeth portales rusel: facil de usar solo seleccionas el texto y precionas play
- (2019-04-25) Lynn Marie: it sucks because i cant cram a million a's into it if you make it so i can ill rate it 5 stars
- (2018-11-24) I have used it and found it good and speed option should also be made so that it can also be reduced as its very high.
- (2018-09-06) Arshmier Zada Khan: Awesome! it saves the stress on my eyes
- (2018-06-30) kevin nurhakim: best
- (2018-06-06) Kostik Dos: Hey I liked your extension:) You created a cool product. Are you interested in selling it? My mail: [email protected]
- (2018-03-05) Luke Breakspear: i was in class and annoyed everyone it was fanstastic thank you please make more
- (2018-01-25) Sophie M: GOOGLE DOCS?
- (2017-11-02) Amber DeWitt: This app is okay and I know it is free but I wish you could change the voice and the speed of what it reads because I find it hard to follow what is being read. I downloaded this hoping it would help me with college so that I could listen and take notes on the articles I have to read but I find it easier to just read it myself and take notes as I go.
- (2017-09-03) KA Fleury: it doesn't read web pages
- (2017-06-30) Paul Menard: love it
- (2017-04-12) Denis Zabodailo: Stops after narrating short peace of text. Why?
- (2017-03-29) Marcos Oliveira: po só narra umas 2 linhas e para :(
- (2017-02-09) redhotjezebel: Not all that helpful, actually. I am legally blind and it is sometimes very hard to actually find the text that I need narrated. Doesn't work on all web pages. Unfortunately, Windows offers Narrator through their OS, and you have to use Microsoft Edge to use it, which I hate. And it's not all that great either.
- (2017-02-06) Yashkumar Budhane: Sucks! Pauses frequently after narrating 2 - 3 lines. Pause is a must for this extension if you leave the window.
- (2016-12-22) GameAdventure //Jonathan Pecany: I did love it at first til it only read part of it than stop.
- (2016-12-20) Robert Bigham: Only works for a couple of lines.
- (2016-09-16) Angelo: to fast cant understand
- (2016-08-16) vivek kashyap: A light app that is straight and simple. Lacks features, but its a 18kb package! That's cool. But it may need better pauses and stops.But hey, it doesn't need internet to recognize words and speak it out loud, it just uses chromes built-in text-to-speech engine. WAAAAAY better than most renouned narrators in the store.
- (2015-11-24) Dominique Ellis Perez: voice is bad, can't understand it.
- (2015-09-01) דינה רחמני זילברשטיין: לא עובד לי
- (2015-08-20) Guy Koekelbergh: stops all the time
- (2015-07-28) Mark Halvorsen: it doesnt work
- (2015-07-20) Renge: Can't even read a full paragraph in Wikipedia.
- (2014-11-26) Randy Vanderpool: It will stop around 3 or 4 lines. Sucks.
- (2019-10-19, v:1.0) Herman Verwey: The < caracter stops the narration
The < character stops the narration. if for instance it reads this line it stops at the < for ( int i = 0; i < list.length; i++ )
- (2018-04-09, v:1.0) Valerie Harris: TALKS TOO FAST
is thee a way to slow the voice down a bit?