This extension allows you to change the color of your visited links
Color Links enhances how users navigate visited page search results on the web by allowing the user to select the color of the visited link. Color Links is an excellent enhancement for color deficient users. The ability to control the color of the visited site link, improves the visual comfort of the search by creating a color contrast that is appealing to the user. Browsing search results on google.com can be overwhelming, especially when the default colors for referencing visited links can be similar for end users with decreased ability to discern colors. Multiple color options are available in this light weight extension that will help you immediately sort out your visited links. Color Links is not only light weight but it is only one click. One click and the visited link stands out giving you quick visual confirmation of where you have already been. To get started, navigate to a page, toggle color links to the on (or green) position, and select your color. You can turn color links off at any time if you'd like by setting the toggle to off (or red). Developer Notes: If you're interested in the project, or maybe you want to contribute, be sure to check out the open source repository hosted here https://github.com/therynamo/color-links. View the README for instructions on contributing. All contributions are welcomed, and we will get to them as soon as we can.
- (2021-06-09) ねろ: 下の方同様使えません…。 使えたけど、他のソフトと一緒で自動で反応しない…残念。
- (2021-06-02) Alexandro Lopes: Na primeira vez em que instalei no MS Edge Chromium a navegação ficou lenta e travada. Na segunda vez funcionou, mas não gostei do fato de ter que configurar a extensão para cada site e não uma vez só para todos.
- (2021-05-22) · Nayde ·: I recently discovered that previously visited links appear with a different color. I never noticed so far because I'm color blind. I can't see the difference between purple and blue. This extension opened the doors to a whole new world for me!
- (2021-04-18) sneyfa sun: Excellent Extension! Five Stars remark. But there has a little issue: some websites not convert all of their links from http to https yet, that make the http links still marked unread and the truth is that I have read the https links. Kindly remove the prefix http/https of website recognized. Thank you very much!
- (2021-02-09) Это печально: Лучшее приложение по смене цвета просмотренных ссылок , удобное и минималистическое . Ничего лишнего , плюс возможность выбрать свой цвет в HEX. Спасибо разработчику.
- (2021-02-03) John C: Only changes the color on sites that don't force the color. I was hoping it would force the color over the web site code. Still better than the default color.
- (2021-01-30) MaXxX XaAaM: super simple et marche parfaitement merci!
- (2021-01-14) Marcel Moga: WORKS FINE WITH PRESET COLORS, IF YOU WANT ANOTHER COLOR YOU HAVE TO GOOGLE IT, PASTE IT, AND AFTER ALL THAT DOES NOT WORK
- (2020-11-08) Сергей Клешнёв: Приложение хорошее, но разработчикам нужно иметь в виду, что оно имеет баг. В консоли разработчика выскакивает ошибка source maps. При отключении данного расширения ошибка пропадает. Good App, but it has a bug. It shows the source maps error in dev tools.
- (2020-10-13) Ulysses Omycron: Works as expected. I recommend custom color #47c1bf for visited links (it's the color the extension uses for the ON switch.) It meshes well for most websites that include cyan/blue/green links and looks totally different from them.
- (2020-09-27) Chuck R: Works fine with Chrome 85. I dumped the ugly red color I was stuck with using "Visited" for this extension because I can change the color.
- (2020-09-14) Leigh Frost: Didn't work at all.
- (2020-09-02) Mike: Too simple for me to understand. Finally I got the brilliance of it. Very slick. But the colour FF0000 does not show up red, it shows as orange. I'm not sure why. Still it is miles better than the windows default.
- (2020-08-29) Vin Biker Dusky: No longer seems to work after last "update". Removing it will find one that works.
- (2020-08-23) siren synapse: The pre-defined colors work fine for me, but I can't get a custom color to work at all. Your choice of colors sucks. Give us a nice mellow, but brighter than google's, purple/maroon of some ilk.
- (2020-07-07) アスカラングレー: 使えない
- (2020-07-07) David Galbraith: OMG I've been so sick of that pale purple look on links since 1996! This is so useful. Now visited links really stand out (I picked deep green). I've used something similar in Firefox but didn't know I could get this for Chrome (actually Brave Browser--light-years faster than Chrome)
- (2020-07-01) SK L: Finally! Clicked links are discernible again---many thanks to the developer for allowing us to easily overcome the ridiculously similar default color choices for links. Chrome seems to have become increasingly oriented towards the nanny-state philosophy "this is what we have decided is best for you; live with it" . This extension helps peel back one of the many layers of frustration that result from that dubious approach. Thanks!
- (2020-06-28) JustHitTheDab: Thx soooooo much that worked amazingly !
- (2020-03-31) Lindsey Leeanna: Is not working in New Microsoft Edge with bing, but does work with Google. No worries they literally just added compatibility with Chrome. Unless this is a user error (lol), please inform. Cheers !
- (2020-03-25) Kathe Galiano: ME HA ENCANTADO QUE APARTE DE LAS OPCIONES PREDETERMINADAS UNO PUEDA ELEGIR EL COLOR QUE LE GUSTE COLOCANDO EL CÓDIGO. Lo malo: *No se diferencia el botón habilitar y desabilitar. *Tienes que habilitarlo en la pagina que estas visitando. *La pagina no da instrucciones de como personalizar el color : hay personas que no saben que deben buscar "colores código" copiar el código del color que eligieron y en la extensión dar clic en el (#) y pegar el código [ #E026A3 ] y clic en (save) o guardar.
- (2020-02-21) игорь мамонтов: Отлично работает!!!))) Хорошо бы добавить палитру выбора цвета. Писал Хрому чтобы сделали встроенную опцию,но ни ответа ни привета. Гугл такая мощная фирма но почему не сделали??? Спасибо "therynamo"
- (2020-01-24) William Brennan: Thank you so much for making this extension! Works great. I hate how Chrome's default is blue and purple links that don't have enough contrast between them!
- (2019-11-10) Otto Kan: Not working
- (2019-10-13) pfettig77: Doesn't do anything. Links are still blue and purple (or whatever).
- (2019-06-20) Cazador de DRAGONES: Funciona, cuando se instala presionas el icono en la parte superior derecha y te permite agregar el color que quieres para los enlaces visitados de esa pagina en especifico.
- (2019-05-30) Sayeed Alireza Zanjani: it works
- (2019-05-20) Eduardo Morales Hudtwalcker: Not working in incognito mode even with the option for it to work, now I can't tell which porn sites I've already visited !
- (2019-05-11) LooneyTunes Horner: It's not working
- (2019-05-05) Drasko Divic: Just installed. It seems useful. Suggestion:more options (it now not exist). For example: permanent switched on! Or tooltips?
- (2019-04-19) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche
- (2019-03-09) Does not work in the Gov't of Canada Job Bank...
- (2019-02-23) ruska myrsky: Does nothing on the news web site: www.yle.fi
- (2019-02-15) Leslie Gordon: doesnt work
- (2019-02-04) Dmitrii Starovoytov: works
- (2019-02-02) Mauro Ciomei: Funziona solo su Google (Win 10). Meglio di niente.
- (2018-12-21) Captain Sunday: Finally relief for the color impaired among us. Blue and purple look the same to me. Did Google ever care? NO EVEN A LITTLE. Why did it take 30 freaking years!
- (2018-12-16) Sigitas Bartkevicius: Do not work on version 71
- (2018-12-03) KDASthenerd: It's more or less good, but it's only working on Google for me. I try using it at Bing and YouTube, but it doesn't work there.
- (2018-11-14) live oak: Yay, works perfectly. Very easy, does the one simple thing it's supposed to do. I'm not even color blind but was completely unable to discern the slight color difference for visited sites without squinting. I love an easy fix, thanks.
- (2018-10-31) Garth Robbins: Very nice. I'd recommend explaining the color selection option and, if possible, integrating a color selector directly into your extension. The selector that's built into Google is convenient (just Google a hex color code). But I have to copy/paste each new value into your extension.
- (2018-10-20) Saleh Mahmud: Not working :(
- (2018-10-20) jesse blakely: works great! i can finally stop clicking on the same links.
- (2018-10-19) Ron Schmiege: Does not work in Chrome vs. 69. The Chrome developers broke all the methods to change the visited link color in their latest update.
- (2018-09-28) Arya Singh: i think this is great tool for SEO brothers :) and i am sure we never ever visit visited site :) :)
- (2018-09-18) Jean Pierre Papon: ça marche ultra simple...mais que veut dire acces à toutes les données sites visités et pourquoi ?
- (2018-09-08) Thanks! Chrome's built in blue-to-purple color change for visited links is almost imperceptible on my Pixelbook. This extension showed me that all those links I thought were purple (visited) were really links I hadn't yet clicked on. Just what the doctor ordered.
- (2018-08-14) Reinhardt Gätzi: Does not work at all. at least not on ebay.
- (2021-04-03, v:0.2.2) Paul D'Andrea: RUSH
Kudos!!! For using Rush as your screen to showcase the App!!!
- (2021-03-11, v:0.2.2) Tábor Góth: synchronized links stopped to become colorized
Dear Developer, thank you for this wonderful extension. I started to use it on two computers, with the same google account, I synchronize the history. I see the visited links in history with all computers, but only that links get colorized what I visit on the actual computer. Can I do something about it? Getting all the links be colorized, no matter what computer was putting it into the history? Thank you for answering and for this very useful extension.
- (2020-12-29, v:0.2.2) Betsy Ford: Resetting back to 'zero'
I love Color Links (& use green). However, every time I log into Chrome, every link of been to in the past shows as green. I want to be able start over with ALL links reset to blue, then turn on color links and only have new visited links turn green. In other words, I dont want to just shut color links off, only to have it - when I turn it back on - recolor all the old visited links to green again How do I do this?
- (2020-12-17, v:0.2.2) Nagual Návid El Vidente Salvadora: extensions data
Hi. Where are "extensions data" saved in windows. How do I for backup visited links. Thanks
- (2020-11-24, v:0.2.2) Brian Weitz: How I got it to work
This was a mystery to get to work. Here's how I did it (last ditch effort before uninstalling it). 1. To the right of the Address Bar, there's an icon for Extensions (looks like a puzzle piece). Click it. 2. It shows a pop up with a list of your Extension programs. 3. Whether you Pin it or not, click "Color Links". 4. This should pop up a small window with some color dots. Click one to make that the color of your visited links. You can also hit the pound sign to type in your own value. 5. Then make sure the toggle switch is on teal (with button slid to the right). Whew.
- (2020-11-05, v:0.2.2) gökhan demirkiran: it didnot work for me, or I dont know how to use it.
it didnot work for me, or I dont know how to use it.
- (2020-09-23, v:0.2.2) Henry Snyder: Color links on multiple sites?
I have the extension and love it - works great for goolge search links. Is there a way to enable it on other sites at the same time? I have trouble with the color differences between links on wikipedia and would love to have this extension for both google search and wikipedia. When I turn it on on wikipedia, it turns off on google search. If there is not an option for this, I'd love it if it were added.
- (2020-09-14, v:0.2.2) Ovidiu Crisan: Color Links for Edge
Hi guys, we love your product by my firm is moving to Edge. Is there or will you provide a addon for Edge soon? Thank you!
- (2020-08-24, v:0.2.2) siren synapse: Custom color never works
I type in correct #123456 type numbers in the space, hit save, choose the option, and it never works. What gives?
- (2020-07-01, v:0.2.1) Michael Evangelo: Color links for Microsoft Edge
Are you going to create an extension for Edge as well?
- (2020-05-06, v:0.1.8) Jack Poore: Not working?
On very stable and friendly pc. It's set on "all links" or websites. And the color is only used the Windows. From blue to a light purple? Suggestions
- (2020-03-23, v:0.1.8) Daniel Souza: Color Link turns off
Color Link disables itself and when enabled does not work. It used to work but stopped. this is true for Windows 8.1 and Windoes 10 Can you offer any help? Please? Dan
- (2020-03-21, v:0.1.8) Ian Wager: Color Links default
Could an option allow the on/off slider switch to be defaulted ON for all sites? Having to set each site is an unnecessary distraction and is easily forgotten.
- (2020-01-16, v:0.1.8) Michel Lovis: Domain wide setting
Hello, can one also use this setting domain wide? So, not every user has to install the plugin and select the color, but the admin can set the setting for the whole domain? Thank you
- (2019-11-30, v:0.1.8) Choke Correa: No funciona
Hola. cómo puedo activar la extensión?
- (2019-09-30, v:0.1.8) Matthew Ellis: Google scholar
Hi this works perfectly on normal Google searches, but for some reason doesn't work on Google Scholar. It's definitely turned on, and I have specified a custom colour #ffa500, but it still uses the default clicked link colour. Thanks
- (2019-09-28, v:0.1.8) Leroy Casterline: Doesn't highlight all visited links.
I'm using the extension in the Edge Beta. It works great on regular Google search results, but not if I select the 'News' category.
- (2019-09-27, v:0.1.8) Henry Sohm: Color Links
Keeps getting turned off.
- (2019-09-11, v:0.1.8) Robert Whelan: Color Links Chrome Extension
It keeps getting turned off. I like Color Links better than Stylist and hope for a way to keep it turned on in Chrome.
- (2019-08-14, v:0.1.8) Kat Darling: All websites?
Hi there. I can change the color of visited links on Google search, but not on other search engines. How can I set this up to work everywhere, please?
- (2019-07-26, v:0.1.8) Josef Kadlec: Google works. LinkedIn does not. Why?
Hello! I tried to install your plugin. While for Google links it works like a charm, for LinkedIn it does not. The latest Chrome browser + Mac OS. Thx, --j
- (2019-01-15, v:0.1.8) Eddy Q: Doesn't work on Windows 10
I tried your "Color Links" but it doesn't work on Windows 10 using Chrome "Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)"
- (2019-01-11, v:0.1.8) Edward Sun: Mobile version
Re: Color Links - does it work on Android?
- (2018-11-05, v:0.1.8) Bob White: Maybe I don't know how?
nothing happens when I turn the extension on or off I might have missed on the instructions on how to change the color of the links! would it be at all possible to do a DETAILED (with photo clips) so a dummy like me can get the job done? I would very much appreciate anything possible! I will check with this area for any help/comments. Thank you very much!
- (2018-09-18, v:0.1.8) P Taylor: Changing link color does not work with current Chrome version.
Changing link color does not work with current Chrome version.