Get instant access to YouTube's automatic captions. Transcribe/caption in DIY Captions, TranscriptionPad, Amara, or oTranscribe.
GET IMMEDIATE ACCESS TO THE TEXT OF YOUTUBE CAPTIONS AND EVEN "AUTOGENERATED CAPTIONS" RIGHT FROM ALMOST ANY YOUTUBE PAGE. When you're watching a YouTube video, just click on the extension icon, then click on "Get Automatic Captions." A transcript of the captions for the video will immediately be displayed (assuming that they exist). From there, you can copy that text to a clipboard and edit it in the word processor or text editor of your choice. But that kind of editing can be a hassle, since you'll probably have to switch between the YouTube video and your editor, which can be very time-consuming. No worries, we've got you covered. Here's how. By selecting the second option in the DIY Captions Launcher extension, "Edit with DIY Captions," the captions for the video will be opened in a fully-integrated captions editor that has been designed to make it super-fast and easy to turn YouTube's automatic captions into a professional transcript of the video. Your target video doesn't have any captions yet? We've got you covered there too. This extension allows you to immediately open the video in one of two editors specifically designed for transcribing YouTube videos, Transcription Pad, and oTranscribe. Or, if you're interested in actually creating captions for the video, you can immediately open the video in Amara's tool for creating captions for videos whether you're the creator of the video or not. And captions or subitles created using in the Amara system can be viewed directly in YouTube using the "Subtitles for YouTube Chrome" extension by Yash Agarval. You can add Yash's extension to Chrome by visiting the page below. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/subtitles-for-youtube/oanhbddbfkjaphdibnebkklpplclomal Give the DIY Captions Launcher a try today. You'll be hooked.
- (2020-04-04) P0rñhüb: The web hosting plan for this site is expired. If you are the owner of this domain, please renew today. If you require assistance with your renewal, contact our support team by calling (877) 905-6500, write to us by email or connect via secure chat
- (2020-02-15) myTech Vids: Wow! This extension is really cool. You can actually get a pretty accurate set of captions or transcription of a video done. I will definitely be using this in the near future. Thanks for developing this extension.
- (2019-08-06) Vida Selvagem: Nao funciona mais, uma pena, pois era muito bom.
- (2019-07-05) Zoltán Fábián: Very useful for translators.
- (2018-12-05) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche
- (2018-09-25) Peter Gayed: So awesome.
- (2018-09-23) Hi, can anyone help me how can I open an audio from google drive without downloading it to my hard disk and re import it to Otranscribe? thanks in advance
- (2018-09-12) Molly Pfaff: Thank you so, so much! This is super helpful and amazing that it's free. Just an idea: since editing punctuation is so commonplace, it would be neat if you could turn on an option that, upon entering a period, the next alphabetic character is auto-capitalized. Thanks again!
- (2018-07-24) Matjaz Hrovat: This is an exceptional extention/website. And it's FREE,... hard to believe. Works great,.. seems like developers have thought trough just about all th epossible angles that you'd need. Thank you!!!
- (2018-05-03) Giuseppe C.: After having tried other options from my web search this seem the only one to do the job extracting the automated generated subtitles or editing/adding the existing ones. Thank you for being free.
- (2018-03-09) Katarina Zhou: Simply amazing and incredible! It's exactly what I need.
- (2017-10-23) Roberto Maurizzi: Does exactly what it promises, quickly and neatly. Very helpful if you need to find where they talk about something you're interested in in a very long video, or if you want to translate the subtitles in your language starting from the existing ones (including auto-generated ones). Youtube should offer something similar itself (i.e. "search in subtitles", and improve their sub translation interface by integrating it with Google Translate)
- (2017-10-09) William Bailey: powerful tool, get it.
- (2017-09-24) Gersivan Oliveira: Não funcionou em muitos videos em português, apesar de conter legendas. ago-2017 - Funciona nas dua versões do YT.
- (2017-07-29) Chryssa Skop: κάνει αυτό που λέει. είναι εξυπηρετικό να έχεις τους υπότιτλους ως srt ή ως txt. ευχαριστώ πολύ!
- (2020-06-05, v:0.2.6) samir alsyed: عدم تفعيل البرنامج فى جوجل كروم
البرنامج غير واضح فى التفعيل على جوجل كروم وكذلك لا يتم التفعيل من اليو تيوب [email protected]
- (2020-05-29, v:0.2.6) P0rñhüb: ok
Sorry, but due to outrageous overutilization on the part of a few jerks, the "Grab captions as text" feature is currently unavailable. Hopefully, this will be addressed soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- (2020-03-22, v:0.2.6) Raina Chinese: How to set the script language in English?
How to set the script language in English? Or can I set it in both English and Chinese?
- (2020-03-15, v:0.2.6) Greg Garner: getting error message
Hey there, I really like Diy captions; it recently stopped working for me, getting this error message: Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/captions?part=snippet&videoId=nlMe0SStn0U&fields=items(snippet(language%2Cname%2CtrackKind))&key=AIzaSyDen99uTRRPl9VT_Ra9eAisvZSc4aZDEns): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/diyc22d9/public_html/include/launcher.php on line 378 Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/videos?part=snippet%2CcontentDetails%2Cstatistics&id=nlMe0SStn0U&fields=items(contentDetails%2Fduration%2Csnippet(channelId%2CchannelTitle%2CpublishedAt%2Ctitle)%2Cstatistics%2FviewCount)&key=AIzaSyDen99uTRRPl9VT_Ra9eAisvZSc4aZDEns): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/diyc22d9/public_html/php/insert-video-mysql-record.php on line 90 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/diyc22d9/public_html/php/insert-video-mysql-record.php on line 94
- (2019-07-26, v:0.2.2) Pedro Santiago: no longer works
The "Edit Automatic Caption" function has stopped working, could you check?
- (2019-07-10, v:0.2.2) Hacks Games: Not Found
The requested URL /php/get_captions_and_subtitles_as_text.php/index.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.
- (2019-06-04, v:0.2.1) Roberto Maurizzi: Permission changes
Hello (and thanks for creating a very handy tool)! Why is it now asking for access to browsing history?
- (2017-05-10, v:0.1.19) Mario Amatucci: when it will be back
any date... i see the msg about he youtube backend changes