Language Learning with Netflix and YouTube
Say Goodbye to Using Dictionaries When Watching Movies. A must-have tool that makes your life A LOT easier. - The best Google chrome extension for language learning Learning a language is f ☠️ ing hard. So we made it f 🦋 ing fun for you ;) Language Learning with Netflix ( Beta ) Language Learning with YouTube ( abbreviations LLN + LLY ) **************** HOW TO USE THE EXTENISON? **************** 1-After installation, go to any Netflix movie or YouTube 2-Only for the first time, REFRESH the page so that the extension load 3-Now enjoy foreign movies and language learning ******In YouTube, the movie should have CC/closed captions subtitle***** The Netflix part works but it is Beta and is not completed yet. ************************* ************************** - Install for FREE and start having more fun with foreign movies - This extension helps you to turn movies to an enjoyable personal language course! - No more dictionaries, you can just hover over a word and get the meaning right away, you can also keep the words and practice them later - Fast fluency by learning from native speakers - Master any language without any boring book or language class ************************* ************************** ★ ON PAGE MEANING OF WORDS -Quickly get the meaning of any word on the subtitle and learn them in the context. No need to leave the movie to type and waste your time in dictionaries ★ SAVE NEW WORDS -Keep the movie's interesting phrases and vocabularies with yourself, show them off to your friends later ;) - Your saved words will be highlighted in subtitles so that you learn them faster ★ DUAL SUBTITLES -With this free extension you can simultaneously compare each sentence with your native language. ★ DOWNLOAD SUBTITLES - You want to review the dialogues of a movie? now you can download the whole subtitle for later review ★ HANDY SHORTCUTS - This shortcuts make your life easier for watching and learning on Netflix ★ OFFLINE REVIEW - with the ability to EXPORT words and sentences, review these interesting phrases, with no distraction, in the offline world- even with Anki - or other flashcard apps - on you android or iOS phone ★ WORD PRONUNCIATION - Increase your listening and speaking skills with correct pronunciation of any words in the movie ★ SAVE PHRASES - Don't like to save a full, meaningless sentence? Just edit the sentence and keep the interesting part of it ★ WHOLE SUBTITLE IN THE SIDEBAR -You can see the whole subtitle of the movie on the sidebar to check the previous sentence or the next one. You can also quickly jump to any sentence ★ SMART AUTO-PAUSE - Don't miss interesting moments of a movie when you don't know the vocabulary, just hover the mouse on that word, we will hold the movie for you :) ★ COMING SOON: - Language Learning with Netflix----DONE - Downloading and Printing subtitles----DONE - Export file ready to use with Anki--- DONE - Custom playback speed: the ability to slow down dialogue to increase comprehension in Netflix and YouTube - Language learning with Netflix android and Safari ★ USER-FRIENDLY • Customizable • Easy to install and use • Ad-free ********************** ********************** How much does using this extension cost? Nothing. You can learn languages in language learning with Netflix and YouTube completely free. You can use it on your computer with Google chrome and enjoy any movie in any language at no cost. No catch. Install today and get started for FREE! We do have a premium subscription available to users. With the subscription, you will have an ad-free experience with access to some additional features. Learn more about subscription benefits on our home page. ********************** ********************** ********************** - NO disturbing ads - NO need for credit card - Optional login ********************** ********************** ********************** *We're releasing at least one new feature every second week.* Be the first to install and enjoy the benefits of this revolutionary way of language learning with Netflix and YouTube movies ★ QUESTIONS, FEEDBACK: Language learning with YouTube extension is very new, and still in development. Please help us by sending a little e-mail if you see crashes, bugs or just want to say Hi 😊 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScf7T_M46CIzwJ2KUtFF5PMFZJOBJEUVuednyrYz7l3I9RU7w/viewform ********************** ********************** ********************** **VERSION: 2.0.0 Added Pinyin to Netflix translation **VERSION: 1.5.0 - Added Pinyin - phonetic support - for Japanese, Korean, traditional and simplified Chinese **VERSION: 1.4.0 - Added SHORTCUTS to YouTube - Added a 30-day Free trail, so that you enjoy a longer free trail without paying anything ;) **VERSION: 1.2.0 - Added SHORTCUTS to Netflix - Now you can DOWNLOAD subtitles for any movies and review them later - Added the ability to EDIT your saved vocabularies and sentences and keep the interesting part of it - Removed some UI bugs **VERSION: 1.1.1 - Now you can enjoy a Free trial for 10 DAYS - Tutorial for pronunciation in the sidebar - Export word lists based on movies and dates for using with flashcard softwares like Anki **VERSION: 1.1.0 - Improved UI for a better user friendly experience in setting - Support for Korean **VERSION: 1.0.0 - Language Learning with Netflix released( beta) **VERSION: 0.2.0 -Word PRONUNCIATION with left click -Ability to change the location of subtitles by drag and drop -Blur subtitles so that you can better watch movies -Enable/disable secondary subtitle -The ability to change subtitle background color to increase contrast for watching any kind of movies -OFFLINE REVIEW by exporting PDF of the saved vocabularies in the movies **VERSION: 0.1.3 -Tutorial in the sidebar was added: Now you can find a tab named help in the sidebar -Export words as text format was added: Go to setting and click on the export words button. -Transparent background for subtitle was added - A link for reporting bugs and feedback was added: Go to setting and click on report bugs/give feedback **VERSION: 0.1.2 -Save sentences -Making the app more user friendly for language learners with YouTube -Minor performance improvement **VERSION: 0.1.1 -Save words
- (2021-02-20) Bau Senh Voong: just wondering if there is a feature already built in. where by i can repeat the dialogue of the subtitle. i can't seem to find this feature.
- (2021-02-11) Alex Wilson: I'll give this app 10/10 if the developer did a few things: 1- Add shortcuts. 2- Shortcut to save current subtitle this is very IMPORTANT. 2- Save the current subtitle with time. 3- Save Youtube scripts to Anki with embedding the Youtube video time like, for example, this great excitation (Youtube2Anki).
- (2021-02-11) Taeho Yoon: I have completely no idea how to use it. After installing it Netflix just not showing subtitles at all. You really have to describe a short manual at least, not just saying "It's easy to use!". + Took a time and I got that this app uses it's own subtitle system stopping Netflix's original one. I made it work after a couple of tweak in settings menu but I want to leave this review as it is because nothing changed that it is not very comfortable to start.
- (2021-02-07) Lily Ng: good
- (2021-02-06) James Botwina: Great app, but how do you cancel the premium plan?
- (2021-02-05) Nguyễn Hoàng Long: Great !
- (2021-02-03) Gökhan Güner: Highly recommended! Very easy to use and great performance.
- (2021-02-03) Begum Karahisarli: Super useful, great ıdea
- (2021-02-03) Natalia Márquez: Great
- (2021-02-02) Warners Sporthorses: Best double subtitle extension ever This is the least cumbersome language learning extension. Love the feature where you can click on an individual word as well. How many times do you understand all the words except that single one! I'm using it to learn German and just showed my Brazilian friend this extension to learn english. I love how it does both youtube AND netflix!
- (2021-01-30) Caroline Parks: I didn't expect this extension to work so seamlessly. i'm very genuinely thrilled about it. thank you so much!!!!!
- (2021-01-29) Alan Kretkowski: This app helps me to learn german! super cool!!!
- (2021-01-22) Javane Royan: Unbelievably useful! It saved two hours of my time watching my favorite movie on YouTube. I don't need to waste my time looking up words in the dictionary, it simply gives me the meaning, really quickly! It would be even better if you can add Netflix as well! A must-have tool for watching YouTube.
- (2021-01-22) negar kamrani: A magical tool for sub-consciously improving my language skill! I was really pleased to find that it ran automatically when I was watching a show in Turkish and by the time I had finished two seasons of The Protector I was already recognizing a lot of words in Turkish without even studying the language!
- (2021-01-22) Vermi Kararn: I love the feature that it STOPS automatically to see the meaning of the vocabulary. I also love the ability to SAVE words for FREE. I can save four words per day which means more than a thousand words per year. That is more than enough for me to learn German😊 I can save sentences with their meaning on Netflix. The ability to EDIT the meaning is very handy. Another good point about this extension is that you can MOVE the location of subtitles by dragging them and change the font size to fit your screen I recommend this extension to anyone who wants to learn a language to the advance level
- (2021-01-22) Azarakhsh Niroo: It's absolutely great and I highly recommend you use this if you are learning any new language. This developer has put so much effort into this extension it takes my breath away. It is brilliant.
- (2021-01-22) Alex: I highly recommend trying it out. I assume it works as well with other languages. This is so amazing!! it's so fun to learn and watch a show at the same time!! Thank you so much for making such a wonderful extension!!
- (2021-01-22) Amir Ghorbani: I have only been using this app for a few hours now, but I already love it. I watch a lot of YouTube movies for language learning, and instead of watching things passively, this app really helps me to learn actively because I can SAVE WORDS and SENTENCES in the context and review them later. Now, I am watching German news and with this extension I feel the improvement every day. So far , so good.
- (2021-01-22) Alireza Bakhtiari: From now on, I can watch my favorite movies in not only in my mother tongue but also in English, FOR FREE. It works really well and has a number of options you can set to get it to behave the way you need (or at least I did) I have the feeling that I have just touched the tip of the iceberg, eager to dig deeper into this stuff. Big thumbs up!
- (2021-01-22) Sophia Dock: I use your extension and it WASN"T USEFULL and when contact you, you BLOCKED my account and delete my info It's NOT FAIR
- (2021-01-22) Sina Ravi: 📢 📢 📢 📢 I prefer LLN & LLY with more than 1,000,000 USERS!!!!!! they are more reliable with more free features, here are their links: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/language-learning-with-ne/a?hl=en&authuser=5 https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/language-learning-with-yo/jkhhdcaafjabenpmpcpgdjiffdpmmcjb?hl=en&authuser=5
- (2021-01-22) John Marine: ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ Based on my EXPEREINCE, this extension is HARMFUL for your personal data and your security! DON'T INSTALL, then YOU REMAIN SECURE :))))))) you are DENYING your users, SORRY FOR YOU
- (2021-01-22) Monica Rodrigez: HATEFULL, first of all, there NO FREE FEATURE and it slows down my youtube. don't WASTE your TIME on this USELESS extension!!!!! This kind of dealing with your users is not POLITE :|
- (2021-01-22) Sarah Lenon: there is NO FREE FEATURE and if you don't pay, it delete your data. actually they want you to PAY for each item and that's kind of DISRESPECT there are lots of BUGs in this extension and you get bored :((((((
- (2021-01-22) Python Developer: 🛑🛑🛑🛑🛑 Be CAREFUL, this extension steals your information. look at your local storage :| when I relized this, I DELETE it immediately 🛑I WARNED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE THIS SERIOUS
- (2021-01-18) Javad Ebrahimi: This is extremely useful - you can have the transcript of a foreign language on the right side and the subtitles on the bottom . Also the transcript is selectable and clickable for direct translation!!! It can't get easier to learn a language !
- (2021-01-18) Sarah Lenon: there is NO FREE FEATURE and if you don't pay, it delete your data. actually they want you to PAY for each item and that's kind of DISRESPECT there are lots of BUGs in this extension and you get bored :(
- (2021-01-17) QAQ QAQ: Like this extension. It helps me a lot while I'm learning English~
- (2021-01-14) hadi ebrahimi: It is awesome idea and easy way to learn different language , It helped me to improve my English by watching my favorite movie , it is kind of learning and entertainment together
- (2021-01-14) Viktor Navali: Super cool app. This extension is so helpful and not intrusive at all. Helpful for any language level. Just a good tool that works well. Great for Spanish. You can play many shows with English and Spanish subtitles together in both Netflix and YouTube. Hover over a word that you don't know and the show pauses with a translation of the word.
- (2021-01-02) Glitch Man: Alanının en iyisi. Amazon prime video platformuna da gelmeli.
- (2020-11-23) Stefan Kammermeier: Super Idee und gut umgesetzt
- (2020-11-18) IK: Great application!
- (2020-11-08) Irakli Dvaladze: Really useful application! Great!
- (2020-11-06) mohammad parviz: its Great ! helps me in language learning
- (2020-10-30) Mehdi Poorajab: Great !
- (2020-10-10) Milad Azami: It's amazing :) really helps me in language learning
- (2021-02-24, v:2.0.0) simon parker: change primary subtitle
fixed to english but learning vietnamese. need to change so pronounces in vietnames but wont allow. thanks
- (2021-02-19, v:2.0.0) Juergen Metzger: Poor translation of Italian language to German subtitles
Hi, tried the app by looking the movie below but I am dissatisfied with the translation of the subtitles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEsap19eeBc
- (2021-02-10, v:1.3.0) Karolyne Carvalho: Not showing portuguese subtitle
The "secondary subtitle language" option don't show Portuguese. If i chose portuguese for the "word translation language" the hover popups do translate, but the subtitle itself it's still in the original language. Problem only for Netflix, working great on youtube!
- (2021-02-06, v:1.2.0) Hoàng Long Nguyễn: Problem with English subtitles
I was watching netflix with bilingual english - vietnamese subtitles, I noticed that some sentences in English subtitles did not appear at all, but only displayed part of the sentence. Hope you can fix it, thanks
- (2021-02-01, v:1.2.0) Monika Ramzy: Please make this extension for Disney Plus!
I think that Disney Plus is the ideal place to learn languages because children's shows and movies are usually easier to understand. I pay for Disney Plus and not Netflix so I can only use it on YouTube currently. I would love it so much if you made it work on Disney plus. Thank you for all your efforts!
- (2021-01-16, v:1.2.0) QAQ QAQ: Add alipay please~
Lots of user of this extensions are from China. But most of us don't get a VISA card. So could you add an option to pay with Alipay/Wechat pay (Both famous payment software in China) ? If it is hard for you to add those payment, can you just add paypal ? This extension is great. Thanks a lot~
- (2020-12-31, v:1.1.1) w jean: Problem subscribing
I am unable to subscribe. Gold free trial button not working on website.
- (2020-12-03, v:0.2.0) Véronique Lemoine: Unable to use it for Chinese?
Hi I tried to use the extension on Chinese videos subtitled in Chinese, for instance this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScuP4md9SRU TheLLY interface says "No titles in this video", however there ARE subtitles. So how does it work???