Load the AMP version of a page if available
The AMP Project (https://www.ampproject.org) aims to improve the experience of reading web content on mobile clients. There's no reason to only consume AMP enabled content on mobile. For that reason we've built Safari and Chrome extensions that will load AMP versions of articles when present.
- (2017-04-20) Richard Fish: works every time if it is an AMP article
- (2016-12-22) Barbara Romanowska: Unreliable, and no switch form AMP to desktop site.
- (2016-06-25) Matt Tagg: Works ok. But needs the ability to turn off per site
- (2016-04-12) Christopher W.: The button in the extensions section on the top of the browser. It would make a great on/off switch.
- (2016-02-25) Nuria Serrano: Pefer other ones
- (2016-02-24) Mike Schneider: Works as advertised but I'd like to be able to disable it for certain domains.
- (2016-02-09) Jürgen Geuter: It works as advertised (pun intended) but I'd like to be able to have a little more control on when the extension does its thing. Maybe by blacklisting URLs to exempt them from redirects?
- (2015-12-30) Chris Woodley: I've yet to see a single time this has actually shown a AMP page on BBC or elsewhere and no indication of it working if even partially got it to work on The Guardian only after just doing random Google News clicks on sites supposedly supporting it
- (2015-12-14) Andy Baker: If you think adblockers make the internet more pleasant - try this.
- (2015-10-17) Kyle Schrama: Works well to strip all the crud out of overly complicated pages, but the AMP versions often don't have a max-width set. If the extension could enforce a reasonable max-width it would be perfect.
- (2017-03-02, v:2.3.1) Make the button toggable!
I found another app that shows regular page and user can click the icon to load the AMP page. I had like this to do the opposite so that AMP page is loaded by default but one can switch to regular page on demand. An exclusion list would also be helpful!
- (2016-09-25, v:2.3.1) Francisco Estévez García: Per-site disable
Reddit just added amp support and used it almost as an ad page. I'd like the plugin to not work for that site.