Opens PGN of a game from chess.com or chessgames.com in lichess.org analysis
This extension has the following features: NEW! Supports chessgames.com, chess-db.com and chesstempo.com (as well as chess.com) * Allows you to view lichess analysis for any finished chess.com game. * Works from the Game Archive as well as from finished live games * Also supports chessgames.com, chess-db.com and chesstempo.com I am not affiliated in any way with lichess or chess.com (but I'm a fan of both). I'm not playing chess as much right now, so if it's broken, please let me know at [email protected] Reddit discussion is here: https://redd.it/47cdew Source code is on Github here: https://goo.gl/rOZqsm Recent changes: 2021 December 20: Fixed for chess.com games via download button (thanks Pierre-Louis!). 2021 July 29: Fixed for chess.com daily games and events. 2021 February 6: Fixed when launched from the chess.com analysis pages. (thanks Johannes!) 2020 November 18: Fixes for recent chess.com changes. Now works from chess.com analysis pages. 2020 September 19: Fixes for changes to urls on chess.com and chesstempo.com. 2020 September 3: Updated for new url format on chess.com (thanks mhssmnn!). 2019 December 20: Fixed after recent changes to chess.com. 2019 October 8: Fixed after recent changes to chess.com. Now works with games against the computer. 2019 April 16: Support for games from chessgames.com, chess-db.com and chesstempo.com. Improved manifest to limit permissions as much as possible. Icon now becomes enabled only when there is a valid game to analyse. Improved colour of icon so that it is clear when it is available. 2019 April 4: Fixed after live game. Avoided 'the message port closed...' error. 2019 April 3: Fixed after recent changes to Chess.com (thanks 0ddFell0w!) . Support for 'daily' games. 2018 December 8: Fixed after recent changes to Lichess import page. 2018 October 20: Fixed problem which was preventing working after live games. 2017 January 3: Fix to link after finished game. Also works from chess.com live analysis. 2016 November 30: Print-friendly PDF is now a separate Chrome extension (Lichess Print-friendly PDF). 2016 November 25: Print-friendly PDF now uses AWS lambda. 2016 November 14: Added 'Print-friendly PDF export' which has recently been removed from lichess. 2016 July 5: Fixed for recent chess.com changes. 2016 June 29: Fixed game result in lichess PDF export 2016 June 16: Fixed css name clash. 2016 June 16: Fixes for recent chess.com changes. Now works from any live game in v3 (not just your own)! 2016 June 13: Uses https in lichess.org urls. 2016 Mar 30: Improved reliability of computer analysis toggle before uploading to lichess. 2016 Mar 27: Updated to support recent changes to chess.com. Note: This extension does NOT read your browser history. It requires the web-navigation and activeTab permissions. Thanks to Allan Rempel who created a similar plugin for chess.com v2. Icon CC-BY-SA 3.0, CBurnett (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cburnett) with adjustments by AntonSusi (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Antonsusi).
- (2022-01-03) Canberk Güllüoğlu: Its working perfect as of now, appreciate it
- (2021-12-21) Gaemer: Great extension. You have to use it when you are on the analysis page of the game on chess.com or else it won't work, but other than that it does what it's supposed to.
- (2021-12-12) Jambon Lebrun: Great !
- (2021-11-17) Всеволод Пономарев: Nice
- (2021-09-10) Всеволод Пономарев: Не работает.
- (2021-07-13) J Bruce Feynman Niccolo P. Bentulan: 1 flaw is that if i decide to look up one of my old games i musn't click analyse because i can't seem to use this extension directly from the analysis page.
- (2021-06-11) Taranga C.H.: when i clicked the knight it didnt work it didnt take me to lichess analysis
- (2021-06-11) Mr NotSpecified: It's good. So far it's worked flawlessly for me. Highly recommended for fellow poors who can't afford premium.
- (2021-05-28) Raz Shai: Sometimes requires a refresh to work, but other than that, really good.
- (2021-05-25) Roman Koliada: Very useful, exactly what I wanted
- (2021-05-12) Harrison Kerr: Fantastic idea! Works perfectly around 95% of the time, but the other 5%, the button has no effect. A bit annoying, but it's rare enough that it doesn't bother me too much. Also, if you are taking suggestions, I would love to see the extension automatically flip the lichess analysis board when I played as black.
- (2021-05-12) Jonas Meloblues: Just amazing. Thank you.
- (2021-04-27) Timothy Grealish: Great extension! When clicking on the knight, the game opens up really quickly in a new tab with lichess analysis. Perfect for those who dont have chess.com "premium".
- (2021-03-16) Tejas Aditya: IT DOES NOT WORK NOW WHENEVER I CLICK ON IT WHEN THE GAME ENDS NOTHING WORKS PLEASE FIX IT.....
- (2021-02-27) Jack Heaton: Very helpful
- (2021-02-24) L H: JUST TO POINT OUT: THIS IS NOT A CHESS BOT BUT AN ANALYSIS
- (2021-02-13) Kenrick Khuu: Clicking on Gold Knight icon leads to a site called zerosharp. Doesnt work I suppose?
- (2021-02-02) Hugh O'Connell: doesn't work in 2021
- (2021-01-23) Farhan Sakib Socrates: Loved it. But why wants access to every site I visit?
- (2021-01-23) ΣΑΡΑΝΤΗΣ ΛΕΟΝΤΙΔΗΣ: very useful and saves a lot of time ;)
- (2021-01-16) Michael Goodier: This is a great idea for free Chess.com users but unfortunately no longer works
- (2020-12-19) Skyllers: does it even work anymore ? Can't get it to work
- (2020-11-03) Ricardo Rodriguez: Recently stopped working as somebody else pointed out already. Hopefully it get's fixed or wasn't banned by chess.com.
- (2020-10-28) david shaw: Did not work. Clicking on the extension brought up a small page i could only see for about half a second which then closed, there was a download button that after several tries i was able to press in time and then it just downloaded a jpeg image of the final board :(
- (2020-09-04) Chiến thắng Phạm: rất là tiện lợi
- (2020-08-19) Luke Salamone: It works except the icon doesn't show up automatically on chess.com. You have to go into extensions to click the button. Chrome version 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2020-03-04) Armen Stepanyan: Do not work. This one is better https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chess-master/ahanamijdbohnllmkgmhaeobimflbfkg
- (2020-02-24) Thibault Lootvoet: Love this tool, stockfish analysis >>>
- (2019-08-12) Positron TV: not work :(
- (2019-04-16) HAL09000: The analysis feature and graph at lichess is the best I've seen. I like the idea of going there ASAP.
- (2018-12-27) Anit Ghosh: very useful .
- (2018-11-24) Engin S: Thanks for the update. Great plugin.
- (2018-10-03) Gerardo Cuevas: Can you check plz .. is out of order. thx
- (2018-07-31) Ahmad Alkhalaf: good
- (2018-03-17) KYRO GAMING: not work anymore
- (2017-05-26) Dalibor Djalic djala: this best of i play
- (2016-12-17) Antoine Colson: It does not work on mac.
- (2016-10-30) rayleigh pitts: I hate this game
- (2016-09-10) Dharani M.Panner Selvam: loved it
- (2016-07-29) lindomar C.Souza: Bom
- (2016-06-23) Magoz: Awesome tool! It works perfectly!
- (2016-04-02) Canis Lupus: It doesn't work with simple live board (https://live.chess.com/simple?v=*#g=*).
- (2016-03-14) App Reviewer: This "v3" version of Chess.com Analysis is far superior to the original. The "killer" feature is that it can analyze games in your "Live Chess" history. What concerns me is that this app needs to read my browsing history, which seems like an invasion of my privacy. I would like to see an explanation for that.
- (2021-11-10, v:3.7.0) Rob Sharp: Defaulting to Computer Analysis style PGN, which doesn't import?
Hi there, I'm not sure if this is new or not, my firsat time using this extension for some time now. In the after game analysis at chess.com if I click the Download button to get to the PGN generation section there are two radio buttons marked 'Annotation' and 'Computer Analysis' . It looks like Chess.com defaults to the Computer Analysis option, which includes some unparsable elements that choke the Lichess importer ( notable seems to be the piece images included in some analysis) . If the same PGN is imparted, but with the Annotation option then tis all fine. It looks like your extension opens this download option and copies and pastes the PGN, but with the Computer Analysis option being the default ( at least in the game I just played) then the file doesn't actually import.
- (2021-10-26, v:3.7.0) Jesse Kearl: Firefox port
Is there a chance this could get ported to Firefox? Love the extension
- (2021-10-09, v:3.7.0) Julian Orth: Support for chess.com/play
chess.com/play is the new interface for chess.com. You can still open your games via chess.com/live but the extension doesn't work under /play.
- (2021-08-31, v:3.7.0) Jacopo: Exstension not working right now
Clicking on the exstension opens up zerosharp.com
- (2021-07-07, v:3.6.0) Loïc Helleu: Does not work on games that ends with a Draw, on chess.com
Hello, The plugin works like a charm. The only issue I have is that it does not import games that end with a Draw on chess.com Instead, it gives me the message: "Game is not yet finished." Apart from this, it is perfect. Just maybe an additional explicit error message, in case you are not logged in on lichess would be good for new users (instead of doing nothing which lead to me wondering if the plugin actually worked at all). Cheers,
- (2021-06-03, v:3.6.0) Rob Sharp: Does this work with Daily Games?
Hi there, I'm trying to use your extention, but when I click the horse icon it takes me to a website called ZeroSharp instead of loading the finished Daily game in a lichess analysis board. I am trying to use it on a chess.com Daily game that has ended and I am logged into lichess and chess.com . Am I doing something wrong, this is my first time trying to use this extention
- (2021-02-06, v:3.5.0) Andries Russchen: Nothing happens when yellow horse is pressed
Nothing happens when yellow horse is pressed
- (2020-12-13, v:3.5.0) Nicolae Stihhi: Another change on chess.com?
Extension still doesn't work. Console says "Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'message' of undefined"
- (2020-11-10, v:3.4.0) Timmy Mahood: Extension needs Fixed.
This worked fine until chess.com updated their website, now it doesn't work.
- (2020-11-08, v:3.4.0) Danick Fort: I fixed the extension for chesscom
Hello, your extension does not work on Chesscom at the moment. I downloaded your extension and fixed it locally. Chesscom updated their HTML, so the openShareDialog and openPgnTab function were broken. If you would like my version of getPgn.js, send me an email : scott00 at gmail dot com.
- (2020-09-10, v:3.3.0) chaudhari jignesh: how to download chess in computer ???
- (2020-06-15, v:3.2.0) Ata Gün Öğün: The extension does not work
Hello, I think the extension is broken. I finished a game and clicked the yellow knight button of the extension, and nothing happened. The developer console displays nothing when I click neither. Is this a known problem or am I the only one facing this?
- (2020-04-02, v:3.2.0) guillermo castillo: Puedo jugar contra el ordenador ¿
Quisiera jugar ajedrez contra el ordenador en niveles .
- (2019-11-27, v:3.1.0) Gerardo Cuevas: can you fixed plz
its not working again,, thx
- (2019-04-16, v:3.0.1) HAL09000: ChessAnyTime
Would it be possible to add games played at ChessAnyTime.com to be analyzed at lichess.org?
- (2019-03-18, v:2.5.6) Anas Arif: Not working
This was one of the most useful extension I use. I didn't use it for quite a while and now when I tried it, it is not working. It is not working at the end of the live game but I checked from library games and it is working fine from there. Please help me solve the problem Robert.
- (2018-07-12, v:2.5.4) Minh Nguyễn Đức: Not working
When I click it, nothing show up.
- (2017-01-12, v:2.5.4) Peppe Mercury: does nothing
it used to work but now when i click on the horse it does nothing. same thing with the old version
- (2016-12-03, v:2.5.3) Bala Swaminathan: zerosharp
Yep, I get redirected to zerosharp.com; I don't have chess.com account, but on lichess.org I do.
- (2016-11-11, v:2.4.4) It doesn't work
I get redirected to ZeroSharp?
- (2016-09-03, v:2.4.4) Jordon Trapp: Stopped working
Randomly stopped working today and redirects me to zerosharp.com? great extension otherwise.
- (2016-06-15, v:2.3.0) Magoz: No longer works
It stopped working a few days ago. Maybe there were changes on Lichess or Chess.com? It was incredibly useful, hope they can make it work again soon :-)