I'll show you an amazing picture. You tell me where it is. I'll tell you how close you are.
10 new pictures each week! Each time you open your browser, a new picture is waiting for you. When you're bored, guess where you think the picture was taken and Google Maps' Autosuggest will help you. Traveling soon to a place in the app or anywhere else? Search for flights through Take the Tent and we'll donate 20% of our profit to a charity of your choosing when you book. ***REVIEWS*** "Really nice to see a beautiful picture every time I open a new tab! And it has the added fun of letting you guess where it is." "Lovely pictures and travel inspiration! I feel like I need to start planning my next adventure. :)" "Always nice to fill the void of a blank new tab, especially with a quick mini game!" ***UPDATES*** *Added photos from photographer partners! *Turn on/off hints, stats, guessing, frequently visited sites
- (2016-09-12) Sofia M: Amazing photos. If you love to travel it's fun to see places you've been or you want to visit. A great way to learn about new destinations too. It's fun to play a guessing game every time you open a new tab, and it just puts you in a good mood to look at the beautiful sights.
- (2016-08-08) Michael Pearce: Great photos, fun dynamic - definitely a fun way to transition into a new tab!
- (2016-07-27) Lauralynn Stubler: It's a lot of fun, and addicting!
- (2016-07-26) Jamie Wong: I'm loving this plug-in so far! I love traveling and always enjoy travel photography so seeing a new photo of some far-away place every time I open a new tab is very enjoyable. As a bonus, there is the trivia aspect to it where you can guess where the photo was taken which I think is the best idea!
- (2016-07-20) Aalap Shah: Great idea! Beautiful pictures, inspires me to go travel to these places. Appeals to the photographer in me. - Is there a way that users can contribute and share their own travel photos, for display on other computers on a home network or with other worldwide users of Where in the World? - Can this be added to internet explorer?
- (2016-07-19) Nathalie Cornet: Love this! The pictures are beautiful and it's a great and fun way to take a quick break during a long work day. I'm even learning a thing or two. And now, it even has the option to still show my most frequently visited sites!
- (2016-07-17) Karen X. Cheng: inspiring me to travel more!
- (2016-07-14) Alex Marshall: The pictures are fantastic and they even include a little bit of information about the location. Really nice extension :)
- (2016-07-12) Trisha Guerrero: Beautiful photographs! Really fun to guess the places and made me want to travel more.
- (2016-07-12) Laura Conwill: Beautiful photos, and fun to guess locations from the contextual clues!
- (2016-07-10) Katherine Kienitz: What a great way to be inspired to spend less time on my computer and more time traveling!
- (2016-07-10) Anand Desai: Awesome idea! Can't wait to open more tabs. Crystal clear shots too.
- (2016-07-08) Lilia Gutnik: Such a beautiful way to start any day working/browsing the internet. I love learning about other places in little snippets. It's a perfect way to give me something to investigate on the internet instead of just going to the same news/entertainment sites over and over again.
- (2016-07-07) Lakshmi Ramachandran: This is a lot of fun, and many times a much needed 2 second mental break before diving into additional work. The pictures are stunning!
- (2016-07-07) Sean Stephenson: Awesome!!!
- (2016-07-07) Stuart Hart: Pleasant distraction, lovely pictures!
- (2016-07-05) Colleen O'Brien: This is a great way to learn about different parts of the world, and get some destination inspiration for your next trip!
- (2016-07-01) Scott Wiltz: I love seeing new beautiful travel pictures every time I open up chrome and it's definitely fun to guess where all the photos are from!
- (2016-07-01) Aimee Estrellado: This game is addicting! I'll open it while I'm waiting for something to load and I'll end up playing for awhile. The pictures are also amazing! It's giving me ideas of where I want to travel next!
- (2016-06-30) Kathryn O'Neill: Beautiful pictures and a fun way to add new "must travel to" locations to your list! Whether you guess right or not, it's really awesome to see such an array of places around the world!
- (2016-06-29) Senushi O'Sullivan: Love getting a beautiful view of interesting places around the world during a boring day full of administrative tasks on my computer. Discovered some new places I'd never seen too!
- (2016-06-29) Stephen Hickner: good stuff. I turned off the guessing feature so that it just tells me where it is. Nice to have that option.
- (2016-06-28) Sai Gudimella: Extremely fun and addicting. Great way to get coworkers to take a break and breathe during the workday.
- (2016-06-28) Kausar Hafeez: Fun way to break up the work day and see breathtaking photos from all around the world!
- (2016-06-28) Alex Caruso: Awesome to see a different pic every time I open my browser instead of the same boring page. Allows me to consider new places to visit.