This extension displays the number of unread articles in your Tiny Tiny RSS installation.
This extension adds a toolbar button which changes color when unread articles are available in your Tiny Tiny RSS installation and displays the number of unread in a tooltip and, optionally, using a badge. This is a fork of "Tiny Tiny RSS Notifier" by Andrew Dolgov (of tt-rss.org). The original version is stuck at version 0.5.2. This version contains the later unpublished feature: "improve click action: open site_url in empty/existing/new tab" and other improvements (Options UI with sync support). Author of the original "Tiny Tiny RSS Notifier" about not updating the extension any more: https://tt-rss.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1267&p=19576#p19579 Source of this fork: https://github.com/moneytoo/tt-rss-checker-chrome
- (2021-04-05) hu hao: not work as expect no notification
- (2019-03-13) If anyone else has the issue of it not updating when tt-rss is at the root of your domain, make sure you don't include the trailing '/' in the address you put into the extenstions's options.
- (2017-11-03) Carl Lesto: I really have no clue why, but neither this, nor the official version show how many unread articles there are. The badge never shows up. I've tried numerous settings (All articles, Fresh articles, URLs) and none of them work. It does open a new tab or go to the tab I current have open if I have one open. Edit: I've recently changed the URL where my TT-RSS server is accessible. Prior to the update it was accessible at the root of my webserver (http://webserver.com) and now it's at a sub dir of tt-rss. That seems to have fixed the issue. The odd thing is that I put the correct URL in the extension before and it still didn't populate the badge. For some strange reason it the extension seems to require the site be at a subfolder of /tt-rss
- (2018-02-19, v:0.5.3.4) Dan Jones: Doesn't work
I've tried using it with the most recent version of tt-rss (from the master branch on gitlab), and it doesn't seem to work at all.
- (2017-06-18, v:0.5.3.4) Gerald Cox: Firefox Support
I'm testing your extension on Firefox and it appears to work fine... would you consider posting there to make it easier for people to install and use?