Protection from adult content (parental control) and from dangerous sites.
Fox Web Security is designed to protect you and your children against the dangers of the Internet! This add-on automatically blocks known dangerous websites. It also can block unwanted content that is not suitable for children. In contrast to the existing add-ons - Fox Web Security is very small and run like the wind. But a high speed and small size do not mean that it will perform a bad job! Thanks to professionals in the anti-virus domain and the innovative algorithms of this add-on, Fox Web Security provides high-level protection. This add-on provides protection from web threats and restricts access to adult content on the basis of information from well-known, safe and free DNS servers: * Yandex.DNS: https://dns.yandex.com/ (Security + Family) * OpenDNS : https://www.opendns.com/ (Family Shield) * Comodo DNS : https://www.comodo.com/secure-dns/ (Security + Pornography) * Also you can use any secure DNS! More details: http://www.s3blog.org/fox-web-security/secure-dns.html To protect you against the dangers that lie on the Internet, Fox Web Security does not transmit or store any personal data -- all the protection is built on a danger level definition based on the domain name. Therefore, there are limitations: * the add-on does not check the safety of a query to the IP address of a site e.g.: http://10.10.10.0/index.html * the add-on does not check the safety of a local domain name query e.g.: http://mydomain.localhost/index.html * the add-on does not check the content of the transmitted data e.g. a virus-infected file * the add-on can not perform correctly if you or your ISP is blocking access to the DNS servers used by Fox Web Security * the add-on only protects you from accessing dangerous sites; it does not replace an anti-virus, but enhances its functionality * the add-on (as well as anti-virus software) does not guarantee 100% protection and its use does not prevent observing basic security rules on the Internet Fox Web Security does not guarantee the accuracy of the blocked websites list when using the service (in particular, it does not guarantee that websites that aren't blocked don't contain, distribute, or redirect to malicious code or software, or is prevented from displaying scam/erotic/pornographic content, and vice versa). Fox Web Security can't be held liable for any damage, direct or indirect, caused to the user or any third party from the use or inability to use the service, including but not limited to damages caused by the inaccuracy of the blocked websites list when using the service. Fox Web Security expresses its gratitude to the owners of the aforementioned DNS servers, that provide security for users! Hint! * You can use the mask " * " at the beginning of the domain name for the blacklist and whitelist * In the black and white lists, you can use both domain names and IP-addresses * Password protection: * Locked: Fox Web Security -> Settings * Locked: Chrome -> Settings * Locked: Chrome -> Extensions * Locked: Chrome -> Apps The following little keywords are at the request of those who can't remember the name "Fox Web Security" and want searches to work. It takes adult control, parental control, web filter.
- (2019-05-27) Zoltan Fotozz: All good. Thank you very much for the great work!
- (2019-04-19) Adelina Cano: very easy
- (2018-10-23) Frozen Scribble: LOVE IT IT BLOCKED A LOT OF PAGES THAT I HATD
- (2018-10-18) Albert Noguera: Dejo de funcionar cuando se actualizo google chrome 70. Instale la version anterior y me sigue funcionando al pelo...
- (2018-09-24) Creeper Lamoureux: It kept giving me NSFW pop ups on SFW sites. Even if i turned notifications off for it in settings, it still gave me a bunch of annoying pop ups.
- (2018-09-20) Devin T: bad
- (2018-09-13) Cal Lewis: Your Filter really works for me. Cool! I was able to block the ads that was bothering me on the DeviantArt website. To bad this Filter only shows on to 2 browsers Chrome and Firefox. If it were to show on all browsers we would really be safe from viruses and other bad stuff
- (2018-08-28) Julie Dunn: hate it made my computer very slow
- (2018-05-26) Что такое Baby: вы
- (2018-05-24) ImaGiraffe: Puts everything on black list... even netflix!!!
- (2018-03-04) Kisha Isby: great
- (2018-01-21) Karolina: this is really annoying.afer i unninstalled the app its still popping up in my notifications saying that i have to install it even if i dont want to.
- (2018-01-16) Viktor Boltik: Отличное расширение, рекомендую, особенно если вы заходите на левые сайты =D
- (2018-01-06) lore baatal gazi: YENİ İNDİRDİM BAKCAZ
- (2018-01-03) Julie VanHaaften: can't get it to block web sites without manually putting them on the black list one by one.
- (2017-11-19) Сергей Аверьянов: Очень благодарен вам, прекрасное приложение.
- (2017-10-17) walid plus: c'est trés important pour les débutants
- (2017-07-18) molotov molotov: bello
- (2017-06-24) Millennial Dawn: Very good apps.
- (2017-05-18) Toño Carreira: Me bloquea páginas de acceso a banca privada y no me permite operar. Aduciendo que son páginas para adultos cuando no es correcto. Ahora después de desinstalar continúo sin poder operar con las páginas bloqueadas. ES UN AUTÉNTICO HORROR!!!!!
- (2017-02-23) Александр Шелков: Доволен на 100% БЛАГОдарю.
- (2017-01-24) Christopher Ingram: Works extremely well on Chrome - I use it for my kids account to limit their web access. As with any software such as this, there is no replacement for good parenting, but the filter works extremely well at keeping them away from the worse exposures out there instantly.
- (2017-01-18) Bia: Ele é até bom, mas meio q nos abriga a instalar outra coisa deles, pq apesar de proteger msm sem o outro, fica aparecendo notificação na tela o tempo todo, coisa que irrita, apenas para instalar.
- (2016-07-03) Rashad, the Stranger: Works wonders! Blocks what you want blocked!
- (2016-07-03, v:1.5) Rashad, the Stranger: PAssword
When I want to change the settings and enter in my password, it just refreshes and asks for it again...
- (2016-06-13, v:1.5) Dili Ver: mot de passe
bonjour comment faire pour retrouver le mot de passe perdu sur ce module. Merci pour vos réponses bonne journée