Checks AOL Reader for the number of unread items
*Important* The time between password requests are absolutely controlled by AOL, and I don't have any way to extend it. It is usually 14 days long. AOL Reader is a nicely designed and easy-to-use RSS aggregator. This extension is an unofficial application that periodically checks the users unread items, and shows this number in the extension icon area. AOL is using AOL OAuth to identify the user, and the extension only stores a token on the client side that allows it to access the Reader. This token can only be used for accessing Reader though, and no other AOL services. For security reasons the user is required to re-log every time when the token expires (about once in a fortnight) Changelog: 1.0.6: Allowed login with external identities (Facebook, Google, etc) Fixed a bug about the handling of folders 1.0.5: Options window Further improvements of the flow 1.0.4: Eliminated a scenario when the token was unnecessarily fetched from the store Improvements of the flow and notifications 1.0.2: Fixing Manifest issue 1.0.1: The main flow is working, the application refreshes the count every five minutes 1.0.0: Initial
- (2014-10-18) Pops Radish: Works well but sometimes crashes Google Chrome when opening AOL reader from extension.
- (2014-08-27) David W. Levingston: It does alright for awhile then I have to relog in. It happens often
- (2014-01-03) I can't login using my google account as I do on AOL readersite
- (2018-01-23, v:1.0.6) eefklyj66666666666nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
- (2014-01-05, v:1.0.5) automatically access
Do not automatically access your AOL