A very simple notepad for Chrome with sync functionality.
**A brand new version (5.0) has just been released** New features: - New Looks, - Multiple notes features - Search - Deleting - Auto Sync with bookmarks. - Reordering These are the people involved in this project: - Azharuddin @azharuddin31, [email protected] (Development) - Prashanthi Mendu @MenduPrashanthi (Design and UX) - Rajdeep Barman @gs-rbarman (Development) - Viswadeepthi Rejinthala, [email protected] (Development) ----- Chrome Notepad is a very simple notepad extension for Chrome that can sync notes to all your Chrome installations! Features: - Saves notes. - Remembers the last caret position (and scroll offset). - Reports last update. - Syncs notes (and caret position, scroll offsets) to all your computers. Latest changes: - Configurable font size. - Configurable notepad size. - Syncing on by default. - Fixed some syncing issues. - Bigger input area. On syncing: This extension includes syncing capabilities by utilizing the bookmark syncing mechanism of Google Chrome. In order for the syncing to work, you will have to enable bookmark syncing. Once you do that, a folder named BSync will show up in your "Other bookmarks" folder. Please don't remove it. Syncing takes place every 5+ minutes (if needed). *** SYNC NOT WORKING? *** In case sync is not working as it should, try to stop syncing for your Google account, restart Chrome and enable it back again. Read more on syncing here: http://bit.ly/ajt0W9 __________________________________________________________________ My other extensions: - Chrome Currency Converter: http://bit.ly/7pNM1a - My Extensions: http://bit.ly/5ZQhzW - Page Refresh: http://bit.ly/7EvOud - User ID: http://bit.ly/85ZbMG - My Alerts: http://bit.ly/7iEMXv - Pathfinder Weather: http://bit.ly/87G6RL (For Greeks)
- (2020-07-12) pjp88029 klee: I would rate it higher except for these issues: The Developer is non-responsive when you report a problem. I reported the problem that the Notepad [aka: Cute Notepad folder in your bookmarks] does not show or retain Exclamation Marks. [! ! !] So, one star off for this problem and one off for non-responsiveness over 3 weeks of waiting. Otherwise, it is adequate. It could use enhanced options such as being able to resize the pop-up window it appears in, the "list of contents" column width on the left side of the extension. Those options need to be added to be able to market it as a "Pro" version that one would pay for. I am going to look for another extension to try out now.
- (2020-04-09) Samuel Gapi, Jr: Nice & simple.
- (2020-03-24) Eric Feng: Great online notepad for keeping track of things. 5/5 stars.
- (2020-03-22) Evelien Vandevelde: keeps crashing only opens in tiny screen in corner, cannot make it a full page in browser just doesn't do what a notepad needs to do for me
- (2020-03-09) Andrei Serban Mirea: 3 stars because it's in DIRE need of an Undo feature! If it has one, why isn't it Ctrl+Z? I've lost importat information many times because I've accidentally deleted or overwritten something and I had no way of Undo-ing it!
- (2020-03-03) Victor Hugo Moura Silva: Exatamente o que eu precisava. Um editor simples e acessível para escrever notas rápidas diretamente no Chrome. O fato dele sincronizar as notas instantaneamente entre todos os dispositivos também é um plus.
- (2020-02-27) vince lee: fantastic. love this extension. i do a lot of CSS / HTML coding and it's perfect for whenever i need to nab a section of code or check out my refs if i have an issue. bypasses me having to go get my handbook, which helps me out by saving me so much time. thank you for creating such a useful extension. i will continue to recommend extension to my friends.
- (2020-02-19) Paulo Rodrigues: Tudo o que eu precisava ao sair do Windows para o Linux. Sentia falta de um notepad de visual mais agradável no Linux, por isso resolvi instalar a extensão no Chrome.
- (2020-02-19) zhenwei liu: It would be better to support the shortcut key Ctrl + Z.
- (2020-02-03) Oof Hi: I love this because you can just click the notepad and there is just the notes right there! Extremely useful. 100% recommend it! :)
- (2020-01-23) Nguyễn Văn Tú: Simple is the Best
- (2020-01-22) Brenden Latkovich: I add this to my chrome and just tried to test it out by writing my name and save it and every time I saved it the extension needs to be repaired, or says its been corrupted. I tried restarting, updating and played around with it for a hour and it never worked on downloading anything I wrote. I don't know if its just my chrome or not but if it is than just poor work by the creators
- (2020-01-20) Mark Unruh: I like this, Now I won't have to worry about loosing info that I might need later I'm not sure if the notes that I write sync up for if I need to clone my computer from another HDD to fix a problem if needed But I guess we'll see later in the future I may update later about that For now Thank you kind sir Something else I noticed is that it will also keep your recycled/trashed notepads just in case you want to get one or two back if you remember that you deleted it by mistake Something else might be good if the creator would add a spot to add color to the text I like to use color in my text so I can find a certain spots in my notes
- (2020-01-14) Alina Abramova: нельзя дать название заметке, за это минус. в остальном отличное
- (2020-01-10) Rafael Machado: Fantastic!
- (2019-12-31) izolda pbgb: Tried It at work and soon could deal without it. Really convenient and reliable. A huge advantage - you can create numerous notes and work with them simulteneously. Also, adore your super-minimalist design!
- (2019-12-30) Charlito: This is an amazing product. It is very simple, though super useful for copy and pasting stuff. My only complaint is that you cannot name the notes. If you can, I do not know how, so would someone inform me how if you can? Thank you. -Still Chill
- (2019-11-22) Ajinkya Borade: Great notes app. Has tabs, and can add multiple notes. Even has trash option. The best part is it gets synced across chrome. The only sad part is UI, it bit ugly :)
- (2019-11-01) Roy Brown: Very nice note pad.
- (2019-10-25) Dillon Van Horn: Great app, as simple as a notepad should be.
- (2019-10-24) Francesco Di Candia: Simple and powerful. Maybe could be useful having a hotkey, but now it's just fine.
- (2019-10-16) Niki Kremer: Works great, simple to use. Changes I would like to see: increasing the size to make it a bit longer, an option to go back (I copy & paste a lot, so if I accidentally paste instead of copy from it, I lost my information) & a way to sort the names - either via alphabetical or when they were added or even color coded. I use this as my To Do/Complete and sometimes wait a bit for clients to follow up. It would be nice to know if I am waiting on client or if I still need to provide info by taking a quick glance.
- (2019-10-11) Colin Edwards: Great notepad. Would make a suggestion to be able to retain style formatting when copy and paste is used.
- (2019-10-04) Robert Ritter: It'll do. I'd like to find a pop up note app that supports markdown and doesn't create bookmarks, but this will have to do until I find what I want.
- (2019-09-26) Progressive Martian: Would be nice if you could copy and paste into the notepad.
- (2020-07-12, v:6.0.9) pjp88029 klee: ! ! ! Exclamation Marks
I have written to you before about this issue, and it remains unaddressed by you. This Notepad does not retain, make visible exclamation marks. It does with all other symbols, but not this one. Why???
- (2020-07-05, v:6.0.9) Saurabh Gunjal: CuteNotpad don't save notes all of the time
CuteNotpad don't save notes all of the time, when I reinstalled the chrome it shown me about few weeks old notes instead of latestest.
- (2020-06-18, v:6.0.9) pjp88029 klee: Exclamation Point
When I copy/paste the Exclamation Point symbol [!] to it, this does not get retained in the note. All other symbols, letters and numbers do; just not this one. Thank you for looking into this. Karen Lee / [email protected]
- (2020-06-02, v:6.0.8) Rozilliana: I really like this notepad but I have some suggestions.
- Adjust the width of the notepad. - A find option for every individual note. -A option to change the background. (I prefer black so I would like at least like the option to switch between black and white backgrounds, and or allowing the user to upload their own image as a background.)
- (2020-05-28, v:6.0.8) Lynn Wayne Alexander: this notepad
can you also get the same notepad for your phone and have both linked
- (2020-05-04, v:6.0.7) jason sanger: note pad
how can i get it bigger, when you open it , its just a small box in the top left corner, can i make it full screen?, thanks
- (2020-04-27, v:6.0.7) MR SS: Support Right-to-Left languages
Hello, i need Right-To-Left text direction support for using Persian language. will be well, if you make a auto text direction for different languages(just by dir="auto" in HTML) for every paragraph. Thanks.
- (2020-04-23, v:6.0.7) M Hancock: Notepad window is half off the screen, can't see part of the list of notes
I dont know how it got there, but it is almost unusable - cannot see how to drag the window back into full visibility. Uninstalled and reinstalled.
- (2020-04-07, v:6.0.6) Jose Hernandez: down load
it would be nice to have a way to download
- (2020-04-01, v:6.0.6) John D. Newsome: View Online
It would be great if there was a way to open your notebook on a web page. That way I could access my notes on my iOS device instead of only on my computer.
- (2020-02-27, v:6.0.6) wang jingsha: note's title
Use the first line of the content
- (2020-02-14, v:6.0.6) Andre Amaral: Extension gets corrupted when clicking on 3 dots next to "New Note" button
Screenshots on the links below; https://paste.pics/82A4H https://paste.pics/82A5B - Click "Repair" and fix the extension. - Click again on the 3 dots. Ext gets corrupted again everytime.
- (2020-02-13, v:6.0.6) Printing of note pad
can you print the note
- (2020-02-13, v:6.0.6) Chas Needham: notepad task bar
- (2020-01-16, v:6.0.6) Desirae Proveaux: How to save?
How do you save notes on Google chrome notepad extension?
- (2020-01-12, v:6.0.6) Toyin Beatty: Sync via Google Drive file
Hi team, Great extension. However, I don't sync my bookmarks to every Chrome installation I have, so it would be handy to have an option to sync via Google Drive. The Page Notes extension offers this kind of syncing option and I haven't had issues with it, so I believe the same principle would work for your app. Thanks, Toyin
- (2019-11-11, v:6.0.6) ITSNZSAAD: Need Naming Note
Pls Create Option To Name Notes
- (2019-10-14, v:6.0.6) Claire: How do you open it?
I use chromebook, but I can't open it! Why not? How do you open it?
- (2019-10-11, v:6.0.6) Colin Edwards: typo
Rediculously should be ridiculously
- (2019-09-25, v:6.0.6) Saurabh Gunjal: Note get deleted automatically and no way to back then up!
So I am having issue with Notepad from long time but I thought it is because of me, I have checked it again and again. First note saved in Notepad get deleted when I go to deleted note and press any button. and after that I can't see first note in deleted notes nor in active notes. Please fix it, my two important notes are deleted because of it!
- (2019-09-14, v:6.0.6) Richard Pickett: Constantly needing repair
Any time I click the three dots in the top right corner the extension dies and I have to go "repair" it. Without fail. Happens every time.
- (2019-09-09, v:6.0.6) Benjamin Page: download
How do you download each note?
- (2019-08-15, v:6.0.6) Utku Selamoglu: about sync
hi, my notepad is not being sync at my home computer. Do you have any idea? thank you.
- (2019-06-25, v:6.0.6) MJ Ruhmann: Google Chrome Notepad
Spell check is no longer working with the Google Chrome Notepad, please advise
- (2019-06-05, v:6.0.6) Glyn Caddell: Plan to sell?
Hi, I'm just reaching out to see if you have any intention to sell? Thanks, Glyn [email protected]