A very simple notepad for Chrome with sync functionality.
**A brand new version (5.0) has just been released** New features: - New Looks, - Multiple notes features - Search - Deleting - Auto Sync with bookmarks. - Reordering These are the people involved in this project: - Azharuddin @azharuddin31, [email protected] (Development) - Prashanthi Mendu @MenduPrashanthi (Design and UX) - Rajdeep Barman @gs-rbarman (Development) - Viswadeepthi Rejinthala, [email protected] (Development) ----- Chrome Notepad is a very simple notepad extension for Chrome that can sync notes to all your Chrome installations! Features: - Saves notes. - Remembers the last caret position (and scroll offset). - Reports last update. - Syncs notes (and caret position, scroll offsets) to all your computers. Latest changes: - Configurable font size. - Configurable notepad size. - Syncing on by default. - Fixed some syncing issues. - Bigger input area. On syncing: This extension includes syncing capabilities by utilizing the bookmark syncing mechanism of Google Chrome. In order for the syncing to work, you will have to enable bookmark syncing. Once you do that, a folder named BSync will show up in your "Other bookmarks" folder. Please don't remove it. Syncing takes place every 5+ minutes (if needed). *** SYNC NOT WORKING? *** In case sync is not working as it should, try to stop syncing for your Google account, restart Chrome and enable it back again. Read more on syncing here: http://bit.ly/ajt0W9 __________________________________________________________________ My other extensions: - Chrome Currency Converter: http://bit.ly/7pNM1a - My Extensions: http://bit.ly/5ZQhzW - Page Refresh: http://bit.ly/7EvOud - User ID: http://bit.ly/85ZbMG - My Alerts: http://bit.ly/7iEMXv - Pathfinder Weather: http://bit.ly/87G6RL (For Greeks)
- (2019-11-22) Ajinkya Borade: Great notes app. Has tabs, and can add multiple notes. Even has trash option. The best part is it gets synced across chrome. The only sad part is UI, it bit ugly :)
- (2019-11-01) Roy Brown: Very nice note pad.
- (2019-10-25) Dillon Van Horn: Great app, as simple as a notepad should be.
- (2019-10-24) Francesco Di Candia: Simple and powerful. Maybe could be useful having a hotkey, but now it's just fine.
- (2019-10-16) Niki Kremer: Works great, simple to use. Changes I would like to see: increasing the size to make it a bit longer, an option to go back (I copy & paste a lot, so if I accidentally paste instead of copy from it, I lost my information) & a way to sort the names - either via alphabetical or when they were added or even color coded. I use this as my To Do/Complete and sometimes wait a bit for clients to follow up. It would be nice to know if I am waiting on client or if I still need to provide info by taking a quick glance.
- (2019-10-11) Colin Edwards: Great notepad. Would make a suggestion to be able to retain style formatting when copy and paste is used.
- (2019-10-04) Robert Ritter: It'll do. I'd like to find a pop up note app that supports markdown and doesn't create bookmarks, but this will have to do until I find what I want.
- (2019-09-26) Progressive Martian: Would be nice if you could copy and paste into the notepad.
- (2019-08-30) GianMarco Tavazzani: - The notes are stored in a foder named 'CuteNotepad' in 'other bookmarks' like Web Page Stiky Notes (a far too few known powerful 'must have extension'!). Good but why this name, so different of this of the extension, which could bring to confusions like delete that folder not understanding what it is for? - What about a shortcut to open and close the window? - And what about another to 'add selection to new note' (that we could later also manage opening the mean window with the upper shortcut)?
- (2019-08-09) Victoria Zampella: For everyone complaining about "not" being able to title their notes on the left: put your note title on the first line. Problem, for the most part, solved. A following suggestion to the above solution would then be to ask that if a title (or first line in the note) is short in characters, that the note honor the double spacing and leave the title (first line in the note) blank after the first line. (If I were to type "Title" and then hit the enter key twice and then type "This is the start of a paragraph", I am asking that the left only show the first line entry and not go "Title This is ") Even without that suggestion, I really love this notepad extension and find it extraordinarily useful for my current (and always ongoing) project. Thank you!
- (2019-08-08) Xen Enlighten: Simply the best.
- (2019-07-16) Soulio: its alright it would be nice if i could change the title myself. If i can and i just cant find it pls let me know and i will change my review
- (2019-07-13) preetham M.P: There has to be some improvement in bugs fix, Like "spell Check" & "Save Documents" when you return back to the extension application. As a QA Engineer for adobe, i would say these are the two major fix for the application, this would make it a great application which is already a great app.
- (2019-06-25) chad tunis: A very nice, simple notepad that syncs with Chrome so you won't lose your notes.
- (2019-06-22) m Minoas: η μηχανη αναζητησης δεν υποστηριζει ελληνικα.. Θα ηταν τρεμερο εαν διορθονοταν σε μια νεοτερη εκδοση..
- (2019-06-21) Tasyia Cafe: Good, Simple & Lightning fast! Small app extension and not heavy.
- (2019-06-21) Carlos Fidel Rodríguez Mateos: Like many others, I think that this is -no doubt- an excellent Notepad, nevertheless it would be even better if you could sort the notes. Many of us will appreciate if you add that possibility. Thank you.
- (2019-06-20) Tyler Anthony: Всё супер, записываю в него всё подряд 2 года, и все 2 года всё ат души записывается xD
- (2019-05-09) Younease Quiming: helpful to me so much
- (2019-05-08) Le LOUISE: Simple rapide convivial
- (2019-04-30) K Cain: I liked this until the update. I think the addition of Rich Text is great, but now, when pasting info copied from the editor into another editor/app, there are extra characters where there should be carriage returns and blank lines in between lines of text that don't appear until it's pasted elsewhere. Additionally, I wish it could remember where my cursor was instead of returning me to the last line when I switch back and forth between notes. If those issues could be fixed, I'd be happy.
- (2019-04-30) Ilya Bryukhanov: Nice and Simple!
- (2019-04-16) Mizael Del Angel: Simple, util, perfecta
- (2019-04-11) ITSNZSAAD: Awesome as a free extension with sync. Uses 'Other Bookmarks' to store notes and sync. Great Idea! Hope It will be free forever! :)
- (2019-04-09) Anders Nielsen: I am new to Chromebooks, so I was looking for an alternative to Windows Notepad. This is definitely not it. It crashed when I clicked the "3 dots" button. Now using Caret instead - a great app that even runs outside of Chrome.
- (2019-11-11, v:6.0.6) ITSNZSAAD: Need Naming Note
Pls Create Option To Name Notes
- (2019-10-14, v:6.0.6) Quickestcbrookie Plays RBXP: How do you open it?
I use chromebook, but I can't open it! Why not? How do you open it?
- (2019-10-11, v:6.0.6) Colin Edwards: typo
Rediculously should be ridiculously
- (2019-09-25, v:6.0.6) Saurabh Gunjal: Note get deleted automatically and no way to back then up!
So I am having issue with Notepad from long time but I thought it is because of me, I have checked it again and again. First note saved in Notepad get deleted when I go to deleted note and press any button. and after that I can't see first note in deleted notes nor in active notes. Please fix it, my two important notes are deleted because of it!
- (2019-09-14, v:6.0.6) Richard Pickett: Constantly needing repair
Any time I click the three dots in the top right corner the extension dies and I have to go "repair" it. Without fail. Happens every time.
- (2019-09-09, v:6.0.6) Benjamin Page: download
How do you download each note?
- (2019-08-15, v:6.0.6) Utku Selamoglu: about sync
hi, my notepad is not being sync at my home computer. Do you have any idea? thank you.
- (2019-06-25, v:6.0.6) MJ Ruhmann: Google Chrome Notepad
Spell check is no longer working with the Google Chrome Notepad, please advise
- (2019-06-05, v:6.0.6) Glyn Caddell: Plan to sell?
Hi, I'm just reaching out to see if you have any intention to sell? Thanks, Glyn [email protected]
- (2019-05-23, v:6.0.6) Jameel Khalfan: Make for chromeOS
Can you make this a chromeOS app for chromebooks?