A very simple notepad for Chrome with sync functionality.
**A brand new version (5.0) has just been released** New features: - New Looks, - Multiple notes features - Search - Deleting - Auto Sync with bookmarks. - Reordering These are the people involved in this project: - Azharuddin @azharuddin31, [email protected] (Development) - Prashanthi Mendu @MenduPrashanthi (Design and UX) - Rajdeep Barman @gs-rbarman (Development) - Viswadeepthi Rejinthala, [email protected] (Development) ----- Chrome Notepad is a very simple notepad extension for Chrome that can sync notes to all your Chrome installations! Features: - Saves notes. - Remembers the last caret position (and scroll offset). - Reports last update. - Syncs notes (and caret position, scroll offsets) to all your computers. Latest changes: - Configurable font size. - Configurable notepad size. - Syncing on by default. - Fixed some syncing issues. - Bigger input area. On syncing: This extension includes syncing capabilities by utilizing the bookmark syncing mechanism of Google Chrome. In order for the syncing to work, you will have to enable bookmark syncing. Once you do that, a folder named BSync will show up in your "Other bookmarks" folder. Please don't remove it. Syncing takes place every 5+ minutes (if needed). *** SYNC NOT WORKING? *** In case sync is not working as it should, try to stop syncing for your Google account, restart Chrome and enable it back again. Read more on syncing here: http://bit.ly/ajt0W9 __________________________________________________________________ My other extensions: - Chrome Currency Converter: http://bit.ly/7pNM1a - My Extensions: http://bit.ly/5ZQhzW - Page Refresh: http://bit.ly/7EvOud - User ID: http://bit.ly/85ZbMG - My Alerts: http://bit.ly/7iEMXv - Pathfinder Weather: http://bit.ly/87G6RL (For Greeks)
- (2020-02-19) Paulo Rodrigues: Tudo o que eu precisava ao sair do Windows para o Linux. Sentia falta de um notepad de visual mais agradável no Linux, por isso resolvi instalar a extensão no Chrome.
- (2020-02-19) zhenwei liu: It would be better to support the shortcut key Ctrl + Z.
- (2020-02-03) Oof Hi: I love this because you can just click the notepad and there is just the notes right there! Extremely useful. 100% recommend it! :)
- (2020-01-23) Nguyễn Văn Tú: Simple is the Best
- (2020-01-22) Brenden Latkovich: I add this to my chrome and just tried to test it out by writing my name and save it and every time I saved it the extension needs to be repaired, or says its been corrupted. I tried restarting, updating and played around with it for a hour and it never worked on downloading anything I wrote. I don't know if its just my chrome or not but if it is than just poor work by the creators
- (2020-01-20) Mark Unruh: I like this, Now I won't have to worry about loosing info that I might need later I'm not sure if the notes that I write sync up for if I need to clone my computer from another HDD to fix a problem if needed But I guess we'll see later in the future I may update later about that For now Thank you kind sir Something else I noticed is that it will also keep your recycled/trashed notepads just in case you want to get one or two back if you remember that you deleted it by mistake Something else might be good if the creator would add a spot to add color to the text I like to use color in my text so I can find a certain spots in my notes
- (2020-01-14) Alina Abramova: нельзя дать название заметке, за это минус. в остальном отличное
- (2020-01-10) Rafael Machado: Fantastic!
- (2019-12-31) Izolda PBJB: Tried It at work and soon could deal without it. Really convenient and reliable. A huge advantage - you can create numerous notes and work with them simulteneously. Also, adore your super-minimalist design!
- (2019-12-30) Charlito: This is an amazing product. It is very simple, though super useful for copy and pasting stuff. My only complaint is that you cannot name the notes. If you can, I do not know how, so would someone inform me how if you can? Thank you. -Still Chill
- (2019-11-22) Ajinkya Borade: Great notes app. Has tabs, and can add multiple notes. Even has trash option. The best part is it gets synced across chrome. The only sad part is UI, it bit ugly :)
- (2019-11-01) Roy Brown: Very nice note pad.
- (2019-10-25) Dillon Van Horn: Great app, as simple as a notepad should be.
- (2019-10-24) Francesco Di Candia: Simple and powerful. Maybe could be useful having a hotkey, but now it's just fine.
- (2019-10-16) Niki Kremer: Works great, simple to use. Changes I would like to see: increasing the size to make it a bit longer, an option to go back (I copy & paste a lot, so if I accidentally paste instead of copy from it, I lost my information) & a way to sort the names - either via alphabetical or when they were added or even color coded. I use this as my To Do/Complete and sometimes wait a bit for clients to follow up. It would be nice to know if I am waiting on client or if I still need to provide info by taking a quick glance.
- (2019-10-11) Colin Edwards: Great notepad. Would make a suggestion to be able to retain style formatting when copy and paste is used.
- (2019-10-04) Robert Ritter: It'll do. I'd like to find a pop up note app that supports markdown and doesn't create bookmarks, but this will have to do until I find what I want.
- (2019-09-26) Progressive Martian: Would be nice if you could copy and paste into the notepad.
- (2019-08-30) GianMarco Tavazzani: - The notes are stored in a foder named 'CuteNotepad' in 'other bookmarks' like Web Page Stiky Notes (a far too few known powerful 'must have extension'!). Good but why this name, so different of this of the extension, which could bring to confusions like delete that folder not understanding what it is for? - What about a shortcut to open and close the window? - And what about another to 'add selection to new note' (that we could later also manage opening the mean window with the upper shortcut)?
- (2019-08-09) Victoria Zampella: For everyone complaining about "not" being able to title their notes on the left: put your note title on the first line. Problem, for the most part, solved. A following suggestion to the above solution would then be to ask that if a title (or first line in the note) is short in characters, that the note honor the double spacing and leave the title (first line in the note) blank after the first line. (If I were to type "Title" and then hit the enter key twice and then type "This is the start of a paragraph", I am asking that the left only show the first line entry and not go "Title This is ") Even without that suggestion, I really love this notepad extension and find it extraordinarily useful for my current (and always ongoing) project. Thank you!
- (2019-08-08) Xen Enlighten: Simply the best.
- (2019-07-16) Soulio: its alright it would be nice if i could change the title myself. If i can and i just cant find it pls let me know and i will change my review
- (2019-07-13) preetham M.P: There has to be some improvement in bugs fix, Like "spell Check" & "Save Documents" when you return back to the extension application. As a QA Engineer for adobe, i would say these are the two major fix for the application, this would make it a great application which is already a great app.
- (2019-06-25) chad tunis: A very nice, simple notepad that syncs with Chrome so you won't lose your notes.
- (2019-06-22) m Minoas: η μηχανη αναζητησης δεν υποστηριζει ελληνικα.. Θα ηταν τρεμερο εαν διορθονοταν σε μια νεοτερη εκδοση..
- (2020-02-14, v:6.0.6) Andre Amaral: Extension gets corrupted when clicking on 3 dots next to "New Note" button
Screenshots on the links below; https://paste.pics/82A4H https://paste.pics/82A5B - Click "Repair" and fix the extension. - Click again on the 3 dots. Ext gets corrupted again everytime.
- (2020-02-13, v:6.0.6) Printing of note pad
can you print the note
- (2020-02-13, v:6.0.6) Chas Needham: notepad task bar
- (2020-01-16, v:6.0.6) Desirae Proveaux: How to save?
How do you save notes on Google chrome notepad extension?
- (2020-01-12, v:6.0.6) Toyin Beatty: Sync via Google Drive file
Hi team, Great extension. However, I don't sync my bookmarks to every Chrome installation I have, so it would be handy to have an option to sync via Google Drive. The Page Notes extension offers this kind of syncing option and I haven't had issues with it, so I believe the same principle would work for your app. Thanks, Toyin
- (2019-11-11, v:6.0.6) ITSNZSAAD: Need Naming Note
Pls Create Option To Name Notes
- (2019-10-14, v:6.0.6) Claire Playz: How do you open it?
I use chromebook, but I can't open it! Why not? How do you open it?
- (2019-10-11, v:6.0.6) Colin Edwards: typo
Rediculously should be ridiculously
- (2019-09-25, v:6.0.6) Saurabh Gunjal: Note get deleted automatically and no way to back then up!
So I am having issue with Notepad from long time but I thought it is because of me, I have checked it again and again. First note saved in Notepad get deleted when I go to deleted note and press any button. and after that I can't see first note in deleted notes nor in active notes. Please fix it, my two important notes are deleted because of it!
- (2019-09-14, v:6.0.6) Richard Pickett: Constantly needing repair
Any time I click the three dots in the top right corner the extension dies and I have to go "repair" it. Without fail. Happens every time.
- (2019-09-09, v:6.0.6) Benjamin Page: download
How do you download each note?
- (2019-08-15, v:6.0.6) Utku Selamoglu: about sync
hi, my notepad is not being sync at my home computer. Do you have any idea? thank you.
- (2019-06-25, v:6.0.6) MJ Ruhmann: Google Chrome Notepad
Spell check is no longer working with the Google Chrome Notepad, please advise
- (2019-06-05, v:6.0.6) Glyn Caddell: Plan to sell?
Hi, I'm just reaching out to see if you have any intention to sell? Thanks, Glyn [email protected]
- (2019-05-23, v:6.0.6) Jameel Khalfan: Make for chromeOS
Can you make this a chromeOS app for chromebooks?