The Next Generation Session Manager; A Really Working Too Many Open Tabs Solution; And Your Browsing Notebook.
Tabs Outliner is a fusion of tabs manager, session manager and an tree like personal information organizer. It’s also embed instruments that greatly help reduce open tabs count by making possible easily annotate and close-save open windows and tabs in their original context. And what’s more important - allow then working with there saved tabs practically in the same way as with open ones, thus greatly reducing resources usage. It also implements one of the best ways to handle crashed sessions - an unfortunate reality for users with a habit of accumulating hundreds of open tabs. = FEATURES AND CAPABILITIES = ☀ Complete Overview of all your open and saved tabs and windows, along with custom added notes and marks. ☀ Flexible and fully editable by Drag and Drop Tree - everything can be easily organized in logical hierarchies and delimited groups; unlike in other similar tools every node can be a parent for any other node, all items can be freely reordered to specify priority or importance. And all of this can be done not only with somewhere saved links - but with open tabs and windows! ☀ Close and save - just in one click you can preserve “in place” any tab or window in their original context and surrounding in the Tree. Saved windows and tabs can be freely mixed with those that are open. And as Tabs Outliner window is often active all the time, because it’s enormously useful to observe all currently active items, things saved in it does not fall out of the focus, as this often happen with other tools that save everything in some separate lists, so the actual action to close-save something to free resources become mentally much ease and really accomplished. ☀ Innovative Tabs Outlining And Organizing Features – you will be able annotate windows and tabs, add comments to them, summary of main ideas, to-do items. Text notes can be easily added in the Tree directly from web pages, just by Drag and Drop. ☀ Tree Style Tab feature - those who remember famous Firefox plugin with the same name immediately recognize inspired by it very useful way to relate tabs to one another. This feature relates newly opened tabs to the tab from which they were opened, which automatically builds strong context for all items and nicely visualize tabs relations. ☀ Crash Resistance and Restore Feature Done Right - no more hassles after browser crash or sudden system restart. No more being forced to all or nothing choice, like with the default Chrome crash restoration: to lose all of these “remind me of something” tabs, or to have again a completely unresponsive PC, if you load all of them back. This extension makes it possible to reopen only windows you need NOW, or even some individual tabs inside them, without losing others. Everything will be available to reopen anytime you decide and in the same context and place where they were crashed without consuming any resources, along with newly created tabs, as if you simply continue your session without any crash. ☀ Tabs List Exporter - easily export and share the annotated list of your tabs through Google Doc, Word, Evernote, email or some messenger. Hierarchies of windows can be exported individually simply by Drag & Drop. Or the whole tree can be saved as HTML file (by Ctrl-S in the main window). ☀ One Click Procrastination Stopper - Close-Save All currently open windows and tabs just in one click! Without losing all of the context and structure. Regain your attention and your PC responsiveness - momentary become ready again for some new work. = PAID FEATURES= Everything mentioned above can be used absolutely for free, but to support project there are some additional paid features that can be indefinitely enabled for a small one-time payment ($14.95) and an unobtrusive banner that show up once in few weeks to remind about their existence: ☀ Keyboard Shortcuts and Clipboard support which enables whole new dimension and speed for tree manipulations and editing by pro users. ☀ Access to frequent local backups that are saved every few minutes for restoring accidental edits or deletions or to review latest changes. ☀ Automatic Daily Backups to your Google Drive. Not only this secure your data this also enables possibilities to access your tree remotely from some other PC. This paid features are completely optional and application can be effectively used without enabling them. In additional that the tree is constantly save all changes locally, backups and data exports can be done manually at any time. It’s not required to pay anything for this.
- (2020-07-31) KS X: 非常好的工具，虽然很贵，但值得付费，希望能够永久更新维护下去
- (2020-07-30) Руслан Андр: Туфта полнейшая!!! Какой смысл в отдельной открывающейся панельке?? Вот какой? нельзя привязать к самому браузеру? Чтобы было одно целое, а не отдельная панель, на которую постоянно переключается, потому что при нажатии alt+tab комп ее видит как отдельное окно. Идиотизм.
- (2020-07-29) Fluxuate: Honestly, this extension has help me out a lot. Before using this I had to set my browser get back to the tabs where I left off, but with this I don't have to anymore. Made researching and looking for guides a whole lot easier than ever because of all the tabs I have to open
- (2020-07-29) Jean-Paul RUCHE: A real Game Changer! Worth giving a try! Take care...
- (2020-07-29) Bruno Carmelo Barchitta: Per chi usa Chrome aprendo molte schede/finestre è praticamente obbligatorio avere questa estensione. La versione a pagamento è una tantum (per sempre) quindi effettivamente economica. Complimenti allo sviluppatore.
- (2020-07-28) 김재겸: The best tab management tool.
- (2020-07-24) Hikari Shidou: Tabs Outliner is simply awesome, it's the most powerful and flexible tabs manager on any browser. From a single window it manages unlimited browser windows, it supports tree hierarchy tabs. It has a note node which can be used as child of a tab to add notes or set where we stopped reading, and as a group selector by setting it the group name and placing all tabs as children from it. Sadly, it's closed sourced and its paid edition uses proprietary Chrome service that isn't available on any other Chromium browser. So, u buy it and can only use it on Chrome. To make things worse, its author disappeared, he doesn't *login* on official support forum for over a year (since 2019) and there hasn't been a new release for almost 3 years. It's been 7 years that he has pending new features to be implemented. Its only backup option is GDrive, which on late 2019 had changed its API and made TO restore broken. Even that wasn't enough to make its author give some answer to paying users or provide a fix. Some has guessing he might have died and his friends/parents haven't notified anybody. To make things even worse, from time to time its license breaks and it needs to be reactivated. For that we need to enter a URL under tabsoutliner.com domain. If its host or domain isn't renewed, we'll be unable to reactivate it even on Chrome. It's rly an awesome extension that greatly enhances browsing, but it's orphaned and nobody should buy its license.
- (2020-07-24) Gary Rosner: This is a good extension with a good set of features. The Pro version is a must in my opinion. In particular, I like the backup features. In addition to local backups saved on the computer, backups can also be saved to your cloud based Google drive. I would like to give Tabs Outliner 5 stars if there were a way to Pin the entries. With the current version, you can open an entire group of tabs... but if you change any open tab to a different website, and the associated Tab Outliner link also changes! While this is the apparent intended design for Tabs Outliner, I feel Tabs Outliner would be far better if there were a simple way to Pin any or all entries in an entire group so that opening the group results in the exact same web pages opening every time. Finally, support is nearly or even possibly non-existent in that emails to the author typically go unanswered or unanswered for a very long period of time. Author is in the Ukraine. Perhaps someone knows of a great alternative to Tabs Outliner that includes similar features including bookmarks!
- (2020-07-21) fetB: Can't and won't live without this. Any chance you can make it for firefox too?
- (2020-07-21) K leo: Seems to work well, but I don't see real need for it. Perhaps when my life gets more complicated, but now it's simply enough. I can just manage with a bookmark folder.
- (2020-07-20) Boris Joffe: Had some issues paying for Paid Mode, but this is one of the best extensions I have and changed the way I use Chrome for the better. It's insanely useful for when you have tons of tabs and/or various projects you're working on.
- (2020-07-17) PaPo PaPiNo: The idea is good but it doesn't live up to it. Biggest problem is that it doesn't free up memory when you close the tabs using the green cross, so you're forced to restart Chrome anyway. Another big issue, if you exit Chrome using its "exit" button it will only save one window! In order for it to save all windows you need to "crash" Chrome (currently doing it with process explorer). Besides that the interface looks as from the early 2000's, it's cluttered and difficult to organize, it really needs some further options to customize the UI.
- (2020-07-15) Alessandro Sousa: **** Please add the ability to select groups of tabs by shift clicking, and to CTRL+X AND CTRL+V into different places in the Tab hierarchy. **** I loved it so much that I bought the professional version. Not because it has some amazing features (although some of them are cool), but because I wanted to support this project. I've literally never done this in my life. This is one of the main Chrome extensions one needs to do any serious information/knowledge management on the internet.
- (2020-07-03) Endres Puschner: Leider sind viele Features erst in der Premiumversion nach Zahlung von 10-15 $ brauchbar. Ansonsten hätte ich sehr gerne mit dieser Erweiterung gearbeitet, aber so funktioniert das nicht. Zudem hat der Entwickler angekündigt das Preismodell weiter zu verschärfen, bzw. bei weiteren Features mit dem Preis noch weiter hochzugehen, und das kann und will ich nicht machen müssen. Chrome ist ein kostenloser guter Browser, der eigentlich von Haus aus auch eine vernünftigere Tab-Verwaltung verdient hat. Eine Erweiterung dermaßen zu kommerzialisieren, passt dort einfach nicht herein. Sicherlich ist es in der Softwarebranche mitunter schwer, Finanzierungen zu stemmen, aber eine solche Erweiterung hätte ich als Open Source oder Freeware Projekt erwartet.
- (2020-07-03) Rafael Liang: TL;DR – For power users/users who want intuitive experience/some learning curve required – Saves accidental closes/crashes (very useful function) – Able to manage and organise extremely well 4.5 Stars
- (2020-06-24) Sebastian Wientzek: Seems to be very nice for cleaning up a lot of tabs but I always get the error: "Warning: Chrome is not Signed In." if I want to buy it. What's wrong?
- (2020-04-16) Vladimir Shestakov: Useful sometimes, but at least at Ubuntu 18.04 it always thought that app was crashed at every exit and I just can't stand deleting every opened tab by clicking in tab-outliner's window every day. So I removed it.
- (2020-04-14) Thomas Orlita: Looks really good, but it doesn't work well with multiple desktops on Windows (when it's already opened and you click the icon it'll go to the desktop it's opened on, so it's bit annoying). Also I don't think it's possible to search for tabs. And support for Chrome Tab Groups would also be really great!
- (2020-04-13) Todd: Why are all of these URLs in the source code? "https://tamnubatest.appspot.com", "https://gcdc2013-tabsoutliner.appspot.com", "https://tabs-outliner.appspot.com" I was going to upgrade, but these URLs are concerning, as is the Google Analytics tracking. Plus, this extension page says the last update was 2018, but the source code says 2015. I often support active software development, but this appears to be an abandoned project that may rely on servers for paid features that could be shut off at anytime by you or Google (appspot.com is owned by Google).
- (2020-04-01) Stefan Szekeres: Amazing work.
- (2020-03-31) Jeff Axelrod: Perfect until backup broke. Developer AWOL. I hope they're okay.
- (2020-03-30) Артем Соколов: Нужна информация как пользоваться этим расширение (как группировать вкладки и все возможности этого расширение) Часть вкладок сгруппировал но они все вкладки остались открытыми в браузере. Как исправить ситуацию и разгрузить браузер.
- (2020-03-30) Harry B Morton III: I used to love this extension "Paid Mode" but it no longer works with Google Drive! I have tried to contact support several times and have never got a reply from them! Their support was at one time very good but now it is nonexistent! Looks like I will have to switch to TooManyTabs which I had used in my FireFox Days many years ago. I have tried this on another PC and it has the same problem. Data is written to Google Drive but it can not be accessed. Local Backup does work so I can port them over to TwoManyTabs. So it will get only 2 stars.
- (2020-03-28) Spice K.: 정말 편함 비슷한 거 여러 개 다운해서 결국 이것만 쓴다.
- (2020-03-27) Никита Кистримов: google backup перестал работать google backup has not worked anymore Can You fix it?
- (2020-07-04, v:1.4.137) Lani Salter: How does this compare to OneTab extension in terms of backing up and restoring in the event my browser crashes and has to be reinstalled?
How does this compare to OneTab extension in terms of backing up and restoring in the event my browser crashes and has to be reinstalled? I don't want to loose my data...
- (2020-07-02, v:1.4.137) Carlos Gomez: Desaparecieron todas las sesiones guardadas
Tenía muchas sesiones guardadas con muchísimas páginas y de un día para el otro desapareció todo. ¿Cuál es el problema? ¿Se puede recuperar? Saludos
- (2020-06-26, v:1.4.137) Rogerio M. Souza: Error in activation license paid
Greetings. I purchased a license at (2018 - 02 -05) - ID: TAB180205-XXXX-60113. However, I lost the password for the GooGle email account, and I can't recover. I also can't activate the TabsOutLiner or the email account for purchasing the tool. How to solve this please? [email protected]
- (2020-06-24, v:1.4.137) Sebastian Wientzek: Cannot buy this extension
If I want to buy this extension I always get the error: "Warning: Chrome is not Signed In." . What's wrong?
- (2020-05-25, v:1.4.137) micom fa: hide the edit bar when hover a tab on Tabs Outliner?
How to hide the edit bar when hover a tab on Tabs Outliner? i dont need this bar when hover tab, i only need close (x) button at the end of the tabs/
- (2020-05-14, v:1.4.137) M. Qtipƺ: How to get paid version in Brave?
I'm sitting here credit card in hand, ready to sign up for the paid version, but apparently you rely on being signed in to Google, which Brave doesn't offer and never will. Might be nice for both you and I if there was a way to get the Paid version for Brave users.
- (2020-05-09, v:1.4.137) PaPo PaPiNo: Rearranging tree items on cloned view without focusing on dragged items
When trying to organize tabs in cloned view (dragging tabs from one window to another), the item you drag/drop opens on top of the cloned view, making you lose focus and wasting a lot of time. Is there a way to prevent this (be able to arrange the tabs without them opening) ? Thank you!
- (2020-05-07, v:1.4.137) Peter: Cosmetic requests
Hello! Thank you for this major undertaking. I have been using Tree Style Tabs in Firefox for years and can't live without the vertical tree! I appreciate the complexity of such an extension. I would like to acclimate to Tabs Outliner and am being patient while I do so gradually. I do have a couple of requests for cosmetics that would make this a much easier process: First is color options. I am using the light theme. The bar on the currently selected tab is dark gray making text underneath it difficult to configure (need darker text when not selected and lighter text when it is. So, suggestion to either make the underlying text reverse to a light color when selected or allow the color of the bar be configured to a more medium color that would work for both. A second, slightly less in priority, request is to allow for at least two different text colors and/or background color for note text (if used for grouping at different levels). Third, but feels most important, is the tab count when a node is collapsed. It makes the note headers move to the right staggering them with varying indents. This makes it hard to visually scan. Possible for an option to move them to the right, after the title, rather in front or to turn them off? Thanks for your consideration and hard work. I have already registered for the pro version as it looks like I may be able to eventually make the full transition from Firefox. I will save functional request/suggestions as I find I often find different ways to do things once I am more familiar. Happy to give positive review once I'm into it a bit more. ......Pete (Alaska, USA)
- (2020-05-05, v:1.4.137) Chen Feng: Why Tab Outliner write disk so frequently?
It write C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\IndexedDB\chrome-extension_eggkanocgddhmamlbiijnphhppkpkmkl_0.indexeddb.leveldb at a speed over 1MB/s, so I have to disable it but didn't removed. It's a good extension, I strongly suggest reduceing this kind of writing.
- (2020-05-01, v:1.4.137) Tomeg Tomeg: Vivaldi crashed by newest TO release (2020-04-30)?
Since around yesterday my Vivaldi (a Chrome based browser) keeps crashing, I checked the problem and it seems that TabsOutliner is causing that, because I don't have any other extension, and Vivaldi has been working nice. And TO has just released a new version. You just work and suddenly all Vivaldi browser windows disappear. When I see the memory usage graph, just before the crash there is a sudden rise in memory usage (at least 2 GB up). Well from the graph it doesn't seem to hit my hard memory limit but perhaps it is so sudden that it maybe actually does hit the memory limit, and I do not see it on the memory graph anyway. Hmm it usually happens when I open a new tab or two, or something like that. It happens on two newest Vivaldi 3.x releases and also if I reinstalled the lastest Vivaldi 2.x (2.11.1811.47) it happens too. I reinstalled Vivaldi 2 because at some time in Vivaldi 3 it got into a state, that Vivaldi started crashing right at the Vivaldi start! Perhaps the reinstall fixed the state, I don't know
- (2020-05-01, v:1.4.137) Brenda Ceja: Opens All Recently Closed Tabs
Hello. I use the free version of Tabs Outliner. Whenever I click a tab on my tree to open, it immediately opens all recently closed tabs in nodes below it. This is really frustrating as I just closed all of those tabs because they were no loner needed or have already been organized. Could I be doing something wrong or have a certain setting on that is causing this problem?
- (2020-05-01, v:1.4.137) Grant Summers: reinstall with paid mode
Hi, I had an tree of ungodly size so like you suggested in the description I opted to reinstall. However, with paid mode now deactivated, I can't find out how to reactivate it. I have the fastspring paypal email but not the email with the key itself, so I can prove that I bought it but I don't have the key to reactivate the product myself. I emailed nearly a week ago now to no response, is there a way to request a resend of the same key?
- (2020-04-28, v:1.4.134) Alex Gemmell: A network error occurred
Hello Tabs Outliner, I have a paid license for Tabs Outliner and I have been making a lot of use of it! Today I migrated to a new laptop and I'm trying to get my old tabs back which I was backing up to my Google Drive on my old laptop. Unfortunately I see an error "A network error occurred" when I try to load the backups. The error looks exactly like this image that someone else posted: https://imgur.com/a/UUSkeQv. This is happening for all my old backups. I had a lot of saved tabs and I was really relying in the backups working. I don't have access to my old laptop and cannot grab a manual backup. Getting the Google Drive backups to work is probably my only option. Can you help? Thank you
- (2020-04-25, v:1.4.134) Persegan Sicaro: Problem when accessing backups
Hello, I have the paid version of Tabs Outliner but when trying to access my backups I get the following error: https://imgur.com/a/UUSkeQv Any suggestions on how to fix it?
- (2020-04-23, v:1.4.134) HarvestPrime Channel: Price for pro too high
Hello, if you lower your price for pro to $5, I'll buy it. It's too high. Other extensions I've bought are $5. Thank you.
- (2020-04-10, v:1.4.134) J.J. Larrea: Getting Paid mode to work on Brave browser
On the Brave Browser I am signed into my Google account. Yet when I try to pay for the advanced features of TO I get messages that i need Chrome to sign in. The Brave people say they will not support the browser signin to Google APIs: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/5197 (and sever other issues, with the same resolution) Have you discussed a solution with the Brave developers? Thanks, J.J.
- (2020-04-10, v:1.4.134) SamirBenChaabane: Old backups stored somewhere?
Hi TO community, is there any way of viewing/loading backups that are no longer visible in the list of backups? The "Keep last backup files" setting was set to the default 30 days, and I desperately need to access any backup from >6 weeks ago when the extension crashed and I lost the ability to load backups. I've just used Eliio's brilliant method to (temporarily) repair the backup functionality. But it doesn't help me unless I can get access to backups from more than 30 days ago somehow.
- (2020-04-09, v:1.4.134) SamirBenChaabane: Need old tree from backup
Can I find a tree from before February 20, 2020? Lost tree.
- (2020-04-09, v:1.4.134) James Lee: (easy) Use PDF meta-information to populate note
I am really enjoying Tabs Outliner. One of my major use cases is organizing tabs around various research projects, and that involves a lot of PDF files from the math and phys online archives. The problem is that these PDFs are named by identifier (e.g., "1008.1142.pdf"), so I have been copy-pasting the title into the Notes field. Would be great if there were an option to prepopulate PDF tabs with the title. Certainly this is contained in the meta-information for the PDF, but I'm not familiar with Chrome app APIs, so I don't know how readily available this is.
- (2020-04-08, v:1.4.134) merriam webster: (Feature Request) Importing by drag&drop "multiple URLs"
Hi, I recently started using Tabs Outliner. Thanks for the good work you've done. I have a feature request. Once I read the description of TO functionality, I thought I could backup my sessions simply by drag&drop into .txt file, and later import the session by drag&drop into TO. I was wrong. What I've found is that I only can drag&drop single URL into TO, no more than that. I know there is backup options via Google Drive or locally saved backup file, but that doesn't allow me to save a single window as a single file to archive it. I think you could implement a functionality that TO recognizes the text which was originally copied from TO, so that not only one single URL but multiple tabs or notes could be imported whenever I want. I think this feature would make TO much more powerful to use. Hope this message is delivered and understood. Thanks
- (2020-03-31, v:1.4.134) Jeff Axelrod: Backup/restore broken
Can't restore from google drive or locally. See all the other user complaints.
- (2020-03-19, v:1.4.134) SamirBenChaabane: Network error
For the past 3 weeks I've been receiving network error when trying to back up. Like everyone else it seems. There are 100.000+ user of this app. Imagine how many people out there will lose their work. I've lost 3 years of work because I didn't copy/paste the full tree into Gdoc since 2017. I'm an idiot, but this should be criminal. This person Vladyslav Volovyk has made an effort to be untrackable online. Can anyone help?
- (2020-03-18, v:1.4.134) Daniel Do Binau: Google Drive backups no longer working
This seems to be a general problem, multiple users say they have emailed you about it. I myself sent you an email recently with details about the problem. Really hope you can fix it, there are lots of us who love this addon and depend on it in our daily digital life.
- (2020-03-17, v:1.4.134) Billy Boy: Tabs Outliner problems
Hi Vlad, 1. You promised me 1 yr ago an extra key for a second gmail profile, since your tool isnt able to distinguish them and only links to one. I'm still waiting. 2. I need access to stored gdrive backups, but it isnt working anymore 3. piss poor support, I'm very disappointed. FFS, just put it in public domain if you dont have the time for it, but dont charge for unsupported products.
- (2020-02-21, v:1.4.134) Hakan Siktas: Can't view Google Drive Backups anymore
Since today (21st February 2020) I get a network error whenever I try to view a backup from the Google Drive Backups. It says: "Error: A network error occurred, and the download could not be completed. Check you Internet connection." I see this error on both Windows and macOS. Manual export to some Google Drive or Dropbox folder still works fine but this requires additional steps and is not as convenient as the built-in feature. :(