Import your Kindle notes and highlights into www.clippings.io and www.evernote.com. Export your Kindle highlights to Word and PDF
NOTE: Importing to Clippings.io is completely free but to export you will need a subscription. Clippings.io is the easy way to your organize your Kindle notes and highlights. Whether you are a student, author, academic or casual reader Clippings.io provides all of the functionality you'll need to manage the clippings you make on your Kindle. The Chrome extension is the easiest way to import your Kindle annotations into http://www.clippings.io and then export to many integrations, for example, Dropbox and Evernote. Import all your annotations - Import the annotations made on your Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Kindle DX, Kindle Keyboard and Kindle Fire. - Also imports the annotations made using the Kindle App on using the iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows devices. Find everything - Organize your notes and highlights using tags - Search notes by keywords and text Edit your annotations - Edit your annotations online - Add additional notes Export to your favorite format -Export with advanced formatting options to numerous formats such as Word, Excel and PDF. Integrate with third party services -Export your notes and highlights to third party services like http://www.evernote.com Access from anywhere - All your notes are synchronized and backed up online. Works on any device -Beautiful web site that works on your desktop or mobile device. Featured in -Evernote for Dummies -The Kindle Chronicles -MakeUseOf Works great with http://www.reflectapp.io -Reflect makes it easy to remember the important stuff in your Evernote account.
- (2021-08-30) Renan Gallinari: It does work and bypass that ridiculous Amazon export limit :)
- (2021-08-18) Vladimir Sadilovski: The idea is great until I discovered that if I want to handle more than 100 character of custom notes per highlight it will cost me $5 a month charged yearly ($60). This extension might be a better experience for you if you need anything else than the import/export functionality. But in my opinion a fixed price subscription of $60 a year for a few lines of code that uses published amazon and google drive APIs to import and export notes is a bit too much. Pay per use or pay per character of exported text could be a better model for some.
- (2021-06-22) Kaliunis Fernandez: Handy with nice choice to import thanks The more I use the app the better it's great..and I'd like an import to Notion for my wishlist thanks
- (2021-06-09) 赵轲: Dear developers , Please add support for amazon.cn, as a Chinese user ,I can’t link the extension to my amazon account 😂😂
- (2021-05-23) Fabian Acuña Hernánez: Sadly the import does not work The message appears: > You've already uploaded all the highlights in the books you selected to import. Please make some new highlights and try again. I don't know if this is because I did an import from "My Clippings.txt" before, but I add new highlights and it doesn't recognise through the extension.
- (2021-04-12) Roy King: Love how quick it runs and how accessible it makes my highlights. 04/12/21 - new version runs fast, smooth and is easier to navigate. Made a good app even better!
- (2021-03-20) Matt Berry: This is an amazing app. WELL WORTH the $5-7/mo. for the paid features.
- (2021-03-15) Terryl Givens: negotiating the procedure to import notes to evernote is quite difficult. Once you have it down (and write it down for future use!) the program is brilliant. Just downloaded the new paid version. It is absolutely fantastic. Customer service is A+. This is my single most valuable app that I use as a reader/researcher. Automatically updates all new highlights and notes in my library of hundreds and places neatly in Evernote.
- (2021-02-24) Jeremy Jon Montano: Used this a few years ago when I read a lot more Kindle books than I do now. Recently got some Kindle books and checked this extension again. Love the updates, everything works even more smoothly than before. Great work!
- (2020-12-20) George Papanagiotou: Lovely service! Would be great to be able to share the page with all the annotations from a book. Still amazing tho
- (2020-10-25) Abhishek Chanda: Really disappointed as all the highlights of my kindle are not getting uploaded. Most of the highlights are left behind. Hope you will solve the issue.
- (2020-09-23) John Edstrom: Love it! A massive hassle saver.
- (2020-07-08) Mark O. Jarvis: So disappointed. I purchased the extension because I had read that the Clippings would include timestamps, and I needed a timestamp for a particular highlight I made many months ago. When I exported the file, it had the same timestamp for literally every highlight in the book: midnight yesterday (as though I somehow highlighted dozens of things at exactly the same moment). Not worth the time or money.
- (2020-04-06) Ashley Sides: I've used Clippings.io for a few years, and it's a little tricky, but it has always worked perfectly. It's been about 5 months since my last import, and suddenly now (April 6, 2020), it doesn't seem to be working. I get an error message telling me to update my Chrome extension. I've done what it says to do, and I've got the latest version of Chrome as well, but it isn't working. I hope they will fix it soon. Then I can give it 5 stars again.
- (2020-04-03) rhkennerly: Clippings.IO is the book nerd, researcher's dream. Finally I can get all of my Kindle Notes off of Amazon and into the Evernote where I can use them in articles and research. Amazing and worth the small price. Superb. My first run, it took 3600 notes from Amazon and imported them perfectly into Evernote. I've never had C.IO fail me.
- (2019-11-26) Reiner Knudsen: If you read and mark on Kindle this is a perfect MUST HAVE extension. It works seamlessly.
- (2019-09-26) paul limpert: I read and highlight voraciously therefore this extension is absolutely essential to my work and studies. If you are someone who reviews your notes and highlights on a regular basis I couldn't imagine a better extension out there, I have literally hundreds of book notes and highlights that I refer to often and the extension works great every time.
- (2019-08-28) Dan Barrett: does a thing, does it very well. one of my favorites.
- (2019-06-03) Dawn Ferrara: Must have if you highlight lots of text in your kindle books and use later for research or speaking! Easy to use and you can pick the book you need information on as you go.
- (2019-04-21) Richard Winter: I have just started using the Chrome extension for clippings.io to import my Kindle highlights. For about two weeks, I have been working through a fairly dense non-fiction book from which I need to capture the arguments and facts that the author lines up for his point of view. I can easily highlight what is relevant in my kindle versio of the book. But clippings.io makes it much easier to organize the material in preparattion for writing my own article on the subject. So far, so good.
- (2019-04-04) Andre Pimenta: Useful and easy to use. Does as described!
- (2019-02-28) Dean Clark: Works perfectly, exported all the notes that I needed, even beyond the truncated ones. Fantastic app, thank you very much for your work to make this possible. Happy to support such a fantastic function for $2 a month. Well-worth it!
- (2019-02-14) Geert Goessaert: Eenvoudig, snel en uitzonderlijk handig.
- (2019-02-11) Tash Keuneman: I've been using this service for about six years now and it's such a crucial part of my work and study flow. I kinda believe that the ability to look back at my notes and reflect on it makes me a smarter human. Clippings.io also syncs with Evernote, which means I can share my notes with others. I mean, just pay the $2/month to keep this great business up and running. Keep up the great work, you killer team! I've been banging on about clippings.io to anyone who would listen.
- (2019-01-13) Jason Hogan: Great for researchers that read Kindle and consolidate all of their hilights.
- (2018-10-31) Michael Cervino: Onmisbaar in mijn workflow :)
- (2018-10-27) Nathan Colquhoun: The greatest and most practical app for any Kindle user.
- (2018-08-21) Eric Zimmer: Such a useful tool
- (2018-07-19) Charles Ess: This is an invaluable service for those of us who must rely on on-screen reading and annotation - especially of scholarly sources. I've used it for over a year now, and have not experienced any problems.
- (2018-06-28) Todd Ringler: great tool!
- (2018-06-21) Dan Woods: Really useful little program. You can take voice notes using the Kindle app on and iPad, and then move the notes wherever you want them.
- (2018-05-13) Andrew Strangio: Awesome! Clippings is the only platform I found that allowed me to export all of my Kindle highlights and put them all in one place (Evernote) and format it in a clean, organized, and uniform way. Definitely recommended!
- (2018-04-30) kelzang Dawa: Very good and useful for taking notes on kindle and exporting to evernote.
- (2018-04-25) John Graber: When Clippings.io works it's great. But this is rare. A paid subscriber for months now, I have had issues with: - extension not recognizing already logged into Kindle highlights - failed repeated attempts (according to pop up message) at imports, and then these suddenly appeared a month or two later as dozens of the same entries - emptying trash repeatedly fails - resetting trash to allow reimport of clippings does not seem to work at all - apparently a lack of a bulk edit method, or at least I can't find one Would certainly like to see this work, as it begins to address Kindle's shortcomings. But it's been an irritating experience, at best.
- (2018-04-23) Victoria S: Very handy to move my notes into Evernote so I can keep my kindle notes with the rest of my research. I wish you could add additional tags to highlights before importing into Evernote. For now I add them in Evernote.
- (2018-04-09) It's incredibly important for research
- (2018-04-01) Kevin Burton: I REALLY needed this app. It's upsetting that Kindle is a walled garden with no way to get your data out but this solves the problem elegantly.
- (2018-03-25) Wonderful program for making use of the notes that I take while reading in Kindle.
- (2018-03-15) Matt Hartfield: There's no way to export notes/highlights to Evernote as separate notes - there's one Evernote note per book, with all of the notes/highlights from that book contained within it. This isn't useful for organizing large amounts of notes.
- (2018-03-12) wander eye: For years I have lived in the dark, under a rock, hacking my way to export my highlights and notes until I saw the light. Your light. Your light shines bright now like a pixel. Thank you for putting the light back into my unicorn heart that is now gushing with chocolate and skittles birthing flowers and butterflies. There is hope for the flowers.
- (2018-02-28) Bryan Uslick: So easy to get my highlights into Evernote.
- (2021-09-16, v:3.0.3) How to import PDF from your Kindle?
No encuentro la manera de importar PDFs de mi Kindle a Cippings. Solo aparecen los libros que se compran en Amazon, más no así aquellos PDF que se suben a la Kindle I can't import PDFs from my Kindle to Clippings, only books that have been purchased in Kindle
- (2021-04-29, v:3.0.3) ak: Question
Hi, is there any plan to make this available for highlights across the web similar to the way Readwise works? Would be great to have an alternative to Readwise, and I feel this could be a great option. Thank you.
- (2021-02-01, v:3.0.1) Michele Ring: clipper for evernote
i wish you would consider making this easy for slack.com so i could clip ideas and things and send them directly to my team at slack
- (2020-12-26, v:3.0.1) Debra Langley: Download
I am trying to add the extension keeps saying my google chrome shop and clippings email address don't match. One is my personal email and the chrome a gmail email. It won't let me log in with another email address and now i cant donwload.
- (2020-11-29, v:3.0.1) Gabriel Santos: i can pay for it in Brazil??
the price button dont let me click and buy for the extension. Why?
- (2020-11-23, v:3.0.1) Rachel Krantz: exporting notes from docs on kindle
Hi, I have a kindle and I notice that when I highlight notes on docs (sample gallyes, PDF files etc) it lets me highlight but not export the notes to my email. Will this program allow me to work around that?
- (2020-10-16, v:3.0.1) AnilKumar Tulsiram: Cancel the subscription
Hi.. Unable to find button to cancel the subscription.. please help me in cancelling the subscription
- (2020-10-14, v:3.0.1) Douglas Cole: Can't access the extension
For the last two weeks I've been unable to open the extension. It keeps saying "Clippings.io is offline for scheduled maintenance." Can you please explain?
- (2020-10-13, v:3.0.1) Valentin De Ninis: No puedo pagar la extensión
No me da la opción de pagar la extensión.
- (2020-10-10, v:3.0.1) johannes gaede: We are unable to track the status of your purchase.
Hi, look at my problem above... need help... thank you in advance... Rodrigo Jokisch
- (2020-10-10, v:3.0.1) johannes gaede: My Clippiings.io is pending activation
Clippings.io for Kindle and Evernote subscription is pending activation... what Im suppose to do? Any help? Was working until 02/2020 ... thanks in advance... Rodrigo Jokisch
- (2020-09-26, v:3.0.1) erivelton ferreira: problema link
porque meu email com link de inscrição nunca chegou? Porque não consigo comprar o aplicativo nem a extensão do google?
- (2020-09-19, v:3.0.1) Annette Lenzner: why is my order being canceled??
trying to order clippings io but you evidently don't want my money
- (2020-09-04, v:2.0.12) Michael Lovitch: chrome extension no longer working
Not importing from extension anymore, what changed?
- (2020-08-22, v:2.0.12) Miguel Melendro: problema con aplicación clipping para chrome
Buenos días. He instalado la extensión de clipping en google chrome. El mensaje de clipping me dice que está instalada la aplicación, pero no la encuentro len mi ordenador y entro a clipping como siempre, sin poder acceder a la conexión con google o amazon desde mi web clipping
- (2020-05-25, v:2.0.12) johannes gaede: Abo
Clippings.io for Kindle and Evernote subscription is pending activation ... wie kann ich hier mein Konto wieder aktivieren? Danke... Dr. Rodrigo Jokisch
- (2020-05-25, v:2.0.12) johannes gaede: Abo
Habe mehrmals versucht, mein Abo zu erneuern ... geht leider nicht... Vorschlag? Danke, Dr. Rodrigo Jokisch
- (2020-05-21, v:2.0.12) Doug Lipman: I did not buy this!
I just got an email saying that I agreed to pay $1.97 or such a month for this. I never heard of this nor did I buy it! Please cancel this bogus order!
- (2020-05-04, v:2.0.12) Bassim Lazem: Export book highlights to several notes
Is there implemented way to export each book highlight into a separate note as currently they are all exported into one note? This issue had me unsubscribe two years ago and it seems it's still not there, rendering the service unusuable to me.
- (2020-04-05, v:2.0.12) Richard Byrd: Not uploading
I installed extension but it is not uploading to my clippings.io account. Is there something else I should be doing?
- (2020-04-02, v:2.0.12) Guntram Rahn: Google Chrome Clippings.io extension
I bought the extension but the symbol does not appear in Google Chrome extension symbol list, so I cannot use it. What can I do?
- (2020-04-01, v:2.0.12) Agustin Ezequiel: Hello, I can't buy the extension
Hello, I can't buy the extension
- (2020-03-21, v:2.0.12) Guntram Rahn: clippings.io extension
Das clippings.io-Symbol erscheint nicht in der Google-Chrome-Symbolleiste, so dass ich das bezahlte Add-in nicht nutzen kann.
- (2020-03-08, v:2.0.12) Foo Bar: Extension stopped worked complaining about the Chrome version
Hi, I've been a happy user for a very long time, but a few weeks ago I could no longer import clippings from Kindle web page. When I follow the usual instructions, I redirected to this page: https://my.clippings.io/#/updatechromeextension, which asks me to update extension. Updating the extension does not help, and I first thought it's Chrome team that broke something, so I waited for a while until a new version of Chrome was available. This, however, did not fix the issue, so I am still unable to import clippings, and updating both Chrome and the extension doesn't seem to work. I can still log in to clippings.io website and import clippings from file, but this is less an ideal arrangement for me. Please advise.
- (2020-03-04, v:2.0.12) Jorge Lara: Funciona con los documentos que yo he enviado al Kindle, o sólo con los libros comprados en Amazon?
Does it work also with documents sent to the kindle, or only with the books purchased in Amazon?
- (2020-01-16, v:2.0.12) Angel Vera: I HAVE PAID AND THIS EXTENTION DOES NOT WORK!
This extension does NOT work! Please cancel my monthly registration and make the return of 20 Mexican pesos that have been charged!
- (2020-01-16, v:2.0.12) Angel Vera: HE PAGADO Y NO FUNCIONA ESTA EXTENCION!
NO funciona esta extención! Favor de cancelar mi inscripción mensual y hagan la devolución de 20 pesos mexicanos que han cobrado!!
- (2020-01-09, v:2.0.12) Vishal Verma: billed again for an upgrade
i have a subscription but after i removed and re-installed the version 2.0.12, my card was charged again. please reverse the additional amount charged
- (2020-01-01, v:2.0.11) Carl Kraus: doesn't work
this extension doesn't work. Can my monthly fee be canceled and the $2.00 I spent be credited. thanks.
- (2019-12-24, v:2.0.11) Mike Martone: Cannot install extension
I purchased this through Play store and when I try to add the extension to Brave (Win 10) it tries to download a file but the message I get is 'Failed - Needs Authorization'. How do I fix?
- (2019-09-10, v:2.0.11) Daniel Bartel: Cancel Subscription
I can't find an option to end my subscription - neither chrome web store, play store or clippings.io - could you help?
- (2019-09-01, v:2.0.11) tiagorochamusic: Purchase Button Grey, Inactive.
I want to buy the Chrome Extention, but the purchase button stays grey/inactive. What could be the problem? Thanks!
- (2019-07-23, v:2.0.11) Tim Trice: cancel subscription
I deleted my account (I think) and removed the extension. This is not showing up in my Google Subscriptions. How do I cancel?
- (2019-07-12, v:2.0.11) Yvonne Sun: clippings.io couldn't be downloaded
the get price button are grey，it couldn't be downloaded
- (2019-07-05, v:2.0.11) Patricia Foster: Clippings for Kindle amd Evernote
how do I purchase Clippings.io for Kindle and Evernote? I am logged into the Chrome web store but the cost is grey and cannot be clicked
- (2019-06-08, v:2.0.11) Chloe Lee: Cant install
I tried to install it but it says it cant show the price and the install button it's not available.
- (2019-04-28, v:2.0.11) Nelson Pretto: why I can't buy it?
when I tried to buy it the Option desapeare....do you imagene the reasan for it?
- (2019-04-15, v:2.0.11) GINA DETWILER: Notes for personal documents
I bought this under the impression it worked for documents too. But it doesn't. Is there some way to do this?
- (2019-04-15, v:2.0.11) GINA DETWILER: Notes for personal documents
I bought this extension but it doesn't work for personal documents. Is that going to be added? Or is there another way to do that?
- (2019-04-09, v:2.0.11) Larry Williams: I have generated some falshcards. I is there anyway to upload and print them.
My objective is to generate flashcards and be able to print them. I generated 20 (using my kindle) before discovering there was no way to print them. My search for help on this led me to your software. I am generating the flashcards from the kindle highlights/flashcard editor. I suppose I could upload the highlights then generate the flashcards with Word. Any thoughts on this? Do you have a recommended way to use your software to download and/or generate flashcards. Thankyou Larry williams