Defeat censorship, unblock any website and access the open Internet the way it was meant to be with Private Internet Access®
Defeat censorship, unblock any website and access the open Internet the way it was meant to be with the Private Internet Access® Chrome extension. Protect your privacy with Private Internet Access®, the world’s leading VPN and secure proxy service for Chrome users. PIA enables users to encrypt their network traffic and stay protected when online. Add privacy and security to private and public networks when you access the Internet at WiFi hotspots. All you have to do is install the Chrome extension, login with your Private Internet Access subscription credentials, flip the on switch and you’ll be protected. The Private Internet Access Chrome extension features: - WebRTC blocking - Sort gateways by latency - Website URL whitelist - Easy on/off switch Private Internet Access features: - IP Cloaking. Your IP address will be changed to a Private Internet Access IP address to hide your identity and location. Hide your IP address to stop data trackers, snoopers, and hackers from tracking your browsing and search activity. Changing your IP address allows you to blend in with the crowd. Choose from 45 locations in 28 countries to tunnel your traffic through. - Data Encryption. Get Public WiFi security in hotspots, coffee shops, cafes, hotels, and airports. Without encryption, your data can be as available as public TV.. Our trusted VPN and secure proxy service creates several security layers which protect you and prevent access to your data. - Internet Access. Access blocked or censored websites. Unlock your favorite sites from anywhere. Why should you use the Private Internet Access secure proxy and Chrome extension? - We lead the industry with our low price. Private Internet Access only costs $3.33 per month if you purchase a yearly account (39.95/year) or $6.95 on a monthly basis. - We have been a reliable and trusted VPN and secure proxy provider since 2010 and have a proven no log policy. - We truly believe in your privacy because: “Privacy is our Policy.” Here at PIA, we not only provide a great VPN service at a low price, but we also support organizations like the Electronic Frontier Foundation, FightForTheFuture, and many others. Sign up for Private Internet Access today and enjoy: - High speed - Unlimited bandwidth - 5 devices connected simultaneously - No traffic logs - 24/7 customers support Editorial Reviews: Private Internet Access VPN has been featured in Wired, PC Magazine, HowToGeek, Lifehacker, Business Insider, TorrentFreak, and more! "Private Internet Access, one of Lifehacker readers' favorite VPN service providers, makes it easy to surf privately and securely from anywhere." – Lifehacker.com "There have been several Editors' Choice VPN services recently, as one product tops the next, but Private Internet Access out-performs and out-features the competition. With 4.5 stars, Private Internet Access sets the bar high and is truly the Editors' Choice, trumping all our previous favorites." -- PC Magazine “When shopping for a VPN service, it is recommended to find a service that does not log its customers’ traffic and prevents an anonymity-unmasking issue known as IPv6 leakage. Private Internet Access carries that level of security.” – Wired.com “To that end we highly recommend, Private Internet Access- a great VPN provider that we’re not only recommended before, but use ourselves”. – HowToGeek.com About Private Internet Access: Private Internet Access (PIA), is the leading no-log VPN service provider in the world. PIA believes that access to an open internet is a fundamental human right and donates effusively to causes such as EFF and FFTF to promote privacy causes internationally. PIA has over 3,200 servers in 24 countries that provide reliable, encrypted VPN tunnel gateways for whatever the use case. Please visit their website at https://www.privateinternetaccess.com for more information. Interact with us on social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/buyvpnservice Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privateinternetaccess/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/vpnservice Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Privateinternetaccess Support: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/
- (2021-05-04) Roy Nwaisser: Used to be great but now the extension no longer works on Chromebooks. This was confirmed by PIA tech support. It's been like this for months and there doesn't be any plan for fixing it. Save your time and frustration and find a different VPN for Chrome. Major disappointment! If you sort the reviews by "newest first" you will see that this extension doesn't work for anyone.
- (2021-05-02) 日落: 不顶用，客户端能用但是插件没法用
- (2021-04-22) Stephen Crooks: PIA in general are pretty good, however this extension is just awful. Toss a coin to see if it will work or not.
- (2021-04-22) Scott T: Broken. Has been for several months.
- (2021-04-11) Jonathan Mo: Not working on Chrome for months now.
- (2021-04-07) Sindhuja Thirumoorthi: The indian region in chrome extension does not work anymore and the developers dont care to fix it all. Multiple complaints over there portal and support system which are just some bots are users pretending to be bots saying we heard from multiple users but we hope we fix it soon. try other options which never works or solves our problem.
- (2021-04-02) Marcin Białowąs: Just when I thought I've found a perfect VPN, the Chrome extension stopped working for some of the locations and is super slow for others. I was patient, but it persists for like 2 months now. I really like to use the Chrome extension instead of desktop app depending on what I'm doing, therefore this is extremally frustrating.
- (2021-03-28) Robert: Best VPN! Fast and easy to use!
- (2021-03-27) Emilia Steiner: Broken on chrome based browsers for almost 2 months now, this tends to happen a lot. To use this service you will need multiple os and multiple browsers since you will be stuck without service for a very long time somewhere. So much for being one of the best selling vpns.
- (2021-03-27) Frank Miller Spaceman: The only VPN to go with, the best in town
- (2021-03-23) ZUBAIR ASHRAF: I'm using this private network First time it's really awesome for a work thank you for this in a cheaper price . Really Love it :)
- (2021-03-22) Christian Willemsen: Chromebook doesnt work anymore use this provide for 6 years now i have to check for a other provider.
- (2021-03-19) Oleg Tsukanov: не работает
- (2021-03-16) Kent Loutzenhiser: Used to be wonderful. Broken on chromebook for a month now.
- (2021-03-15) Barney Gumble: Перестало работать в Chrome. Почему не исправляете?
- (2021-03-14) David Crowle-Groves: cannot fault it.good basic vpn,has many extra but all I needed was a standard vpn at a good price.nothing to complain about
- (2021-03-13) Dale VanVlack: Just stopped working on my chromebook. reinstalled and it will not let me connect to any website
- (2021-03-09) Danny Parson: It used to work perfectly but has been borked since the last update in mid February. They don't seem all that interested in fixing it...
- (2021-03-07) Harry Rose: Doesn't work, extension won't load
- (2021-03-07) Frank Mercer: I've used PIA for a couple of years without any problems. But recently the Chrome extension on my Chromebook no longer works. With the extension turned off I can surf the web fine, but now when I turn on the extension, I can't access any website. No problems on my phone or PC, but the Chrome extension no longer works.
- (2021-03-06) Blair Urquhart: Being down over 9 days so far I have tried contacting support on a few occassions expecting some update or reason for why it's not working they could provide no update or help so far for why I give it a one star here.
- (2021-03-06) Dan Schirato: Chrome plugin works great on windows, but on Chromebook it stopped working a little while ago. Hopefully a fix comes for this soon. The VPN itself is great.
- (2021-03-05) Schmidt Rubin: Hasn't been working for a few weeks now. Anytime I enable it my connection stops working.
- (2021-03-03) Morrison Renfroe: Like everyone else lately, all I get is the "Calculating Latency" message. Huge disappointment, and with another year to go on my subscription I am not eager about renewing when the time comes.
- (2021-03-03) Николай Чернов: I had been using this extension for about a month until it stopped working. Chromium just doesn't open any site when VPN is connected.
- (2021-03-03) Jeff Vasquez: The chrome extension has been down over a week now it supposedly connects but it does not actually connect to anything the subscription is useless to me if it doesn't work when I need it.
- (2021-03-01) Juha-Matti Saari: This extension dont work at all. Pia support say they will fix it, but been now almost a week. Need to check other Vpn providers.
- (2021-03-01) Amber Howe: I just can't count on this extension to work consistently. Defeats the whole purpose of having a VPN. I'll be switching to another provider soon.
- (2021-02-28) Rob Horner: Works well when it does work, but PIA Chrome extension has broken multiple times in the past year and it's down again on Feb 28, 2021. Unfortunately it's too unreliable.
- (2021-02-26) Andrey Rybakov: Solid VPN that just works, for the right price. Really no complaints
- (2021-02-21) Adam: I've been a customer of PIA for almost five years now. I've used this extension for a while but the latest update has completely bricked the usability. It constantly logs me out and then forces whatever page I am on to do go to its loading page. Please fix immediately and I will adjust my review.
- (2021-02-20) Gary Nowels: I use the app on win10 which works good. Not this extension. Do not recommend.
- (2021-02-20) Ali Ra: I have tried it on android and windows its grate but extension do not works for me idk why though it freezes all my internet access and tunnels me into PIA page says "Connection error net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED"
- (2021-02-20) Andres Salazar: best vpn extension so far
- (2021-02-18) Erik Wright: Latest February 15th update prevents Chrome from displaying Basic HTTP Authentication dialogs, resulting in me being unable to login to certain networking devices. 0/10 would not recommend.
- (2021-02-13) G M: Ne fonctionne pas très bien depuis la dernière mise à jour
- (2021-02-12) Дмитрий Сабадах: Расширение, как и программа, отличное! С другом взяли пополам и пользуемся ВПН
- (2021-02-11) Planet Terra: Calculating Latency - that's all I see now. removed it until they fix this issue Update: problem seems to have been solved. All good now, but minor issues still persist, so minus 1 star.
- (2021-02-10) himie: Extension doesn't load anymore and prevents me from loading any website
- (2021-02-10) Alicia J: Extension no longer works. I have disabled/enabled and removed/added but the PIA icon never reappeared on my browser to log in even after I closed and reopened Chrome. I'm still happy with the overall PIA service but I miss the convenience of the extension.
- (2021-02-09) J M: Works when it feels like it. For the last month I've gotten a nice blank square when opening the drop down menu for this app in chrome. Wish I could upload a screenshot for sh*ts and giggles.
- (2021-02-07) Arthur Kravchenko: На Chrome расширение перестало работать 7 февраля 2021.
- (2021-01-31) Stan Kruse: Best value, features and performance of any VPN on the market. I've used PIA since 2014 and have had no issues using it. Customer support is quick and easy. No disappointments here. Highly recommended!
- (2021-01-31) irie izk: i dont know how to use this? when i add the extension do i just turn it on and start browsing like i usually do??
- (2021-01-21) Pitaroiu Bogdan: I love to keep my privacy and my best option was PIA. I am very pleased.
- (2021-01-19) Stephen Keating: I don't know about you but every so often I check out other VPN suppliers for price and security. And every time I am glad I am with PIA. It is one of the few services I pay out for every month that I don't have to think about . If they ever do give cause for concern they are gone but until then they do what I ask of them and I am pleased to give this review of them.
- (2021-01-12) Peter Szanto: Why does it lacks HU VPN IP when connected to Hungary? This prevents using this extension with .hu VPN IP
- (2021-01-11) Patrick Damron: I am truly skiddish of the internet. Until I found PIA I would only use onion services. I have used this extension for many years and I am blessed for doing so. Please keep yourself private and safe and trust PIA to aid you in doing so. Thank you for the arduous work that you have undertaken over these years.
- (2021-01-07) NeuroWave: Great VPN provider. I'd even say you can trust them but that would be stupid thing to do, don't trust anyone and use PIA.
- (2021-01-03) Burak Aydın: I decided to get your software. I added the extension to Chrome. It wanted me to login but I don't have any credential yet, reasonably. So, I realized that I should purchase it since there is no trial or shareware use. For I've already considered other options and was certain to go with yours, I clicked to buy account link. Guess what? Your website is also banned. I can't browse it without a VPN service. I'm going to kindly ask you to take your job seriously. I'm struggling to reach porn here. Please show some respect.
- (2020-06-02, v:2.1.1) Matt Cavanagh: Origin: null
Hello, Your extension is breaking various websites such as GitHub as it is nullifiying a rather delicate header called Origin. It is malforming header requests to read: Origin: null This breaks websites. Even when PIA is not connected, merely having the extension enabled introduces this functionality. Please delete this functionality, or remove the origin header malformity when PIA is not connected.
- (2020-05-17, v:2.1.1) Ethan Kinley: Crashes on Twitch.Tv
after about 5 minutes of watching a stream it will go to 99% cpu usage and lock up.
- (2020-05-11, v:2.1.1) alex d: Update exstension-app
Hello! Are you going to update your chrome-store extension? Thank you for your answer.
- (2020-04-24, v:2.1.1) Mark Borja: Google Drive Videos doesnt play
Hello PIA, I just found out right now the because of this plugin our Google drive videos doesn't play because of error playback. I already did a lot of troubleshooting but there's no hope, and found out that it's your VPN extension that's having some issue. Our only solution right now is to disable PIA vpn to play google drive videos and enable vpn again when we are going to use it.. Please see this issue. THank you!
- (2020-04-15, v:2.1.1) Nine K26: Private Internet Access for Chromebook
Where can I find the link or the extension for using PIA on my Chromebook?
- (2020-04-14, v:2.1.1) Michael Finger: Breaks Github login
When this Extension is enabled, the GitHub login just says your browser did something unexpected. When disabled, it works fine.
- (2020-04-07, v:2.1.1) Tollis Hunt: breaks NI.com
this extension removes the ability to login to my national instruments account on NI.com. the links, or elements that hold links to sign in disappear as onlong as this extension is enabled, even if im not connected to a vpn.
- (2020-04-06, v:2.1.1) Brice Baker: answer
i don't see pia in my browser anymore
- (2020-04-03, v:2.1.1) joe smythe: how to change pia password in chrome
how to change pia password in chrome?
- (2020-04-02, v:2.1.1) Michael Murillo: google sign in issue
Hello, Your extension has somehow messed up google's sign-in capability for Atlassian.com and Gitlab.com. Other sites with google's sign-in feature seem to work ok. Even if I turn on the "Site access - on click" setting instead of the default allowed everywhere, googles sign-in still doesn't work.
- (2020-03-12, v:2.1.1) Tom M: Brave Browser
As of an hour ago the Chrome Extension on Brave browser keeps logging me out and shows an authentication error page. Any ideas?
- (2020-03-03, v:2.1.1) Aluca Lindstrom: Getting an error with PIA that the extension cannot be used
Private Internet Access cannot be used because another extension is controlling your browsers proxy settings this is the error message that I am receiving on my Chromebook. It is a managed device. I have Dashlane installed, Slack extension and only default GSuite extensions, Docs, Sheets, etc. Any assistance is appreciated.
- (2020-02-09, v:2.1.1) Scott Niermann: "Unknown issue" when I try to reinstall
My subscription just renewed. cannot get PIA to launch using my account/username and password. It is causing issues with other websites, but not sure why as they are safe. I need PIA to work!
- (2020-02-06, v:2.1.1) Юра Арендар: Extension blocked my webcam
Few days ago I found that all websites has no access to my webcam, in settings I see that webcam blocked by extension and I started turn it off until webcam started working. And it was this extension, can you solve this problem? or I need change some settings? I need my webcam and also I need your extension. thank you!
- (2020-01-29, v:2.1.1) Matthew Ulm: unable to connect
I have the app installed and no matter what I do, it stopped connecting. Now, even if I select "help" from the app, the website won't open.
- (2020-01-27, v:2.1.1) David van der Vyver: Log In
didnt receive a log in password
- (2020-01-05, v:2.1.1) Christopher Kuech: net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
Every website I attempt to visit shows this error. I cannot visit any sites. I have successfully logged in and connected to a region.
- (2020-01-05, v:2.1.1) Allen Hicks: DISABLE BUTTON!
Please add on/off ability so I can turn that extension off when I want it just like the mobile phone applications. Every VPN extension out there has an off button. It looks like you don't care about design. Yes, there are some cases when you need to turn every VPN connections off, not just the ones with the exclusions! Various reasons!
- (2019-12-30, v:2.1.1) Chris Hardewig: Are you ever going to update the extension?
Are you ever going to update the extension?
- (2019-12-11, v:2.1.1) Dennis Toll: Extension breaks some other Web sites
Like some others here, I too have seen certain web sites break or not function correctly when the PIA extension is enabled in Chrome on my Chromebook. Even if the extension is not actively running, even if it is just simple enabled in the Chrome extensions, I receive a message on some apps that one of my extensions is blocking a certain activity. Disabling the PIA extension allows the Web site to function normally. It is only a few sites, but enough that I just keep the PIA extension disabled. I use the Android App when I need to activate a VPN.
- (2019-12-02, v:2.1.1) Geoff Davis: Plugin breaks Newegg.com
When logged in to Newegg.com, various pages (eg https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/OrderHistory.aspx) break when the plugin is disabled even after https://secure.newegg.com is added to the exceptions list. It looks like the error is occurring on some adblock-tracking script when a 'bait' element is being removed (it looks like the js is the same as what's found here: https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/iQ-Tag-Management/Tracking-Ad-Blocker-Numbers-in-Google-Universal-Analytics/ta-p/14514). There are no issues when this extensions is disabled and I've tested this with only this extension enabled. As a side-note; why would the extension have any effect on the page's JS when its URL has been whitelisted?
- (2019-11-24, v:2.1.1) Kevin Cherry: Stadia doesnt work with plugin enabled
Just an FYI if i have the PIA plugin enabled (but not connected to a VPN) Stadia wont work on my Chromebook (Asus C302C). It sits at the checking connection. If i disable the plugin it starts working again. Love you guys ,keep up the good work. Sure you'll have this fixed in a bit. Let me know if you need anything else.
- (2019-09-06, v:2.1.1) Christopher A.: latency scanning
can you PLEASE make the continuous latency scanning for the fastest server an option that can be toggled? it's CONSTANTLY connecting to ALL PIA servers on port 8888 with a text file to check latency. If I specify what server to use, making it not 'automatically select', it shouldn't keep scanning all of them. can you please make this feature like the app?
- (2019-09-01, v:2.1.1) Daniel Dugan: No Region Selected/Calculating Latency is all I get.
N0 Region Selected/Calculating Latency is all I get, what do I do?
- (2019-08-10, v:2.1.1) be harde: vpn werkt niet
Ik heb zojuist voor een jaar vpn genomen, echter, mijn ip adres en andere gegevens blijven eenvoudig zichtbaar voor anderen. Hoe kan dit?
- (2019-06-27, v:2.1.1) Max Renke: ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
When I connect with the chrome extension, the proxy connection fails. When I connect with the desktop app and then the chrome extension, I am able to browse.
- (2019-05-29, v:2.1.1) Cardia Leo: after version update
after auto update the new version of PIA apps, browsing most of website is impossible. because it strips referer header. and involve with some privacy informations aliexpress.com(can't login), facebook.com(also), paypal.com,bitbucket.com and ton's of website which using Ajax or CSRF technologies. I think you should fix this bugs.
- (2019-05-26, v:2.1.1) Mark Andrew Frey: https://remotedesktop.google.com no longer works
I can no longer use Google's Remote Desktop unless I deactivate this extension. I used to be able to simply disconnect it but with your new (unwanted) always off feature that's really a bug, I can no longer do that. I am a paid PIA user but this sucks. I tried to put it in the whitelist (remotedesktop.google.com) but this has never worked for Google Remote Desktop. I could never use Remote Desktop with the extension connected and now I can't use it with the extension enabled at all. Fix this please or figure out what to put in the whitelist that will allow remote desktop to work.
- (2019-05-21, v:2.1.1) Steve G: Your Extension is completely crippling my ability to use chrome
Are you going to fix this anytime soon or do I have to find a new VPN provider? Why would you not add an option for connected and not connected, I can not use Mixer.com a game streaming website owned by Microsoft without either disabling options or disabling the extension, Now anytime want a VPN it's no longer a simple toggle, I have to go in, set options or enable the extension. Who actually thought this would be a good idea!
- (2019-05-20, v:2.1.1) Michael DiGregorio: Always active settings
Do you plan to add a setting to allow the user to control whether enabled settings remain active when not connected to a region? I've had the entire extension disabled since v2.1 came out, which makes it a pain to connect to a region when I want to. If you don't want to add it, fine. But please communicate what your intention is to your paying customers.
- (2019-05-15, v:2.1.0) Frank Pavlicek: Cannot Connect to Any Region
After update to latest version I can no longer connect to any PIA server in any region. I allowed the now even ridiculous and questionable access to browser history, etc.. I am paying for something I cannot use.