Defeat censorship, unblock any website and access the open Internet the way it was meant to be with Private Internet Access®
Defeat censorship, unblock any website and access the open Internet the way it was meant to be with the Private Internet Access® Chrome extension. Protect your privacy with Private Internet Access®, the world’s leading VPN and secure proxy service for Chrome users. PIA enables users to encrypt their network traffic and stay protected when online. Add privacy and security to private and public networks when you access the Internet at WiFi hotspots. All you have to do is install the Chrome extension, login with your Private Internet Access subscription credentials, flip the on switch and you’ll be protected. The Private Internet Access Chrome extension features: - WebRTC blocking - Sort gateways by latency - Website URL whitelist - Easy on/off switch Private Internet Access features: - IP Cloaking. Your IP address will be changed to a Private Internet Access IP address to hide your identity and location. Hide your IP address to stop data trackers, snoopers, and hackers from tracking your browsing and search activity. Changing your IP address allows you to blend in with the crowd. Choose from 45 locations in 28 countries to tunnel your traffic through. - Data Encryption. Get Public WiFi security in hotspots, coffee shops, cafes, hotels, and airports. Without encryption, your data can be as available as public TV.. Our trusted VPN and secure proxy service creates several security layers which protect you and prevent access to your data. - Internet Access. Access blocked or censored websites. Unlock your favorite sites from anywhere. Why should you use the Private Internet Access secure proxy and Chrome extension? - We lead the industry with our low price. Private Internet Access only costs $3.33 per month if you purchase a yearly account (39.95/year) or $6.95 on a monthly basis. - We have been a reliable and trusted VPN and secure proxy provider since 2010 and have a proven no log policy. - We truly believe in your privacy because: “Privacy is our Policy.” Here at PIA, we not only provide a great VPN service at a low price, but we also support organizations like the Electronic Frontier Foundation, FightForTheFuture, and many others. Sign up for Private Internet Access today and enjoy: - High speed - Unlimited bandwidth - 5 devices connected simultaneously - No traffic logs - 24/7 customers support Editorial Reviews: Private Internet Access VPN has been featured in Wired, PC Magazine, HowToGeek, Lifehacker, Business Insider, TorrentFreak, and more! "Private Internet Access, one of Lifehacker readers' favorite VPN service providers, makes it easy to surf privately and securely from anywhere." – Lifehacker.com "There have been several Editors' Choice VPN services recently, as one product tops the next, but Private Internet Access out-performs and out-features the competition. With 4.5 stars, Private Internet Access sets the bar high and is truly the Editors' Choice, trumping all our previous favorites." -- PC Magazine “When shopping for a VPN service, it is recommended to find a service that does not log its customers’ traffic and prevents an anonymity-unmasking issue known as IPv6 leakage. Private Internet Access carries that level of security.” – Wired.com “To that end we highly recommend, Private Internet Access- a great VPN provider that we’re not only recommended before, but use ourselves”. – HowToGeek.com About Private Internet Access: Private Internet Access (PIA), is the leading no-log VPN service provider in the world. PIA believes that access to an open internet is a fundamental human right and donates effusively to causes such as EFF and FFTF to promote privacy causes internationally. PIA has over 3,200 servers in 24 countries that provide reliable, encrypted VPN tunnel gateways for whatever the use case. Please visit their website at https://www.privateinternetaccess.com for more information. Interact with us on social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/buyvpnservice Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privateinternetaccess/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/vpnservice Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Privateinternetaccess Support: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/
- (2020-09-22) Androgeos One: Been a PIA user for years, and while the service is decent in general, the chrome extension has been horribly unreliable with frequent errors like ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED. I can no longer recommend PIA.
- (2020-09-22) Dovah Stud: It's been very hit and miss as of late. It's taking ages to load anything. I can't even try to switch servers because it's constantly saying "calculating latency", which makes you unable to browse the server list. Very disappointed, as this extension used to be so good. Just problem after problem lately. I might even switch VPN providers, because the desktop app is having it's share of issues itself.
- (2020-09-20) Christian: extension broke only show calculating latency
- (2020-09-15) Wile E Coyote: It just works...for the past 5 years
- (2020-09-12) Marco L.: Stopped working properly since they started migrating to their new servers. Not usable until they complete it. Very disappointing
- (2020-09-12) Kamirra Logan: The browser extension does not work for me. When I turn it on, any website I tried to visit, It would say it was down or the address wasn't available. When I turned it off everything was fine. The actual app for PIA on my computer seems to be fine and the one on my phone is okay. I was having the same issue on my phone but it seems to be fixed now so its just the browser extension I'm having issues with.
- (2020-09-11) Planet Terra: Calculating Latency - that's all I see now. removed it until they fix this issue
- (2020-08-29) Mobile King of the Hill: This will break down if the server it is connecting to is down, it keeps showing "Calculating Latency". Got to disable the extension if the servers are down as the switch is not showing when "Calculating Latency".
- (2020-07-14) tobias spanke: A very fast VPN, does kost some money but is well worth it. When I had problems with multible vpns interfering with each other the support was quick to diagnose my problem and fix it. Can only recommend it :)
- (2020-04-08) Luke Sullivan: top thing sooooooooooooooooooo good if theres anything to get its this
- (2020-03-28) Sean Krail: This extension breaks many sites when enabled. E.g., chase.com and google hangouts. I'm forced to disable it until these sites are supported.
- (2020-03-19) John: The VPN itself is great, however I having some issues with the extension itself. while the extension is enabled: I am unable to login to github , irrelevant of my connection to the vpn. Many embedded youtube videos refuse to play, and I must go to youtube directly. I assume this has to do with the information those websites need to function is restricted by the extension. I'm sure I'd be able to get it working somehow by changing a few of the settings but I don't want to spend the time to narrow it down. Right now the desktop application works fine, so I'll continue using that as opposed to the browser extension.
- (2020-02-14) Bob King: Unfortunately, this extension is causing some odd behavior on websites even when not active. I cannot browse The Noun Project while the app is installed, but not actually being used to modify traffic. Even when I put it on "Click Icon to allow reading a website" it still causes issues. There was strange behavior on other sites as well. So even though I would love to use this extension, I am going to have to remove it for now.
- (2020-02-14) Michael Stockton: Over 1 year using PIA and still rocking it. It works as intended for me.
- (2020-02-04) Maks Žbogar: This extension causes so much software conflicts: Autocrat, tool for G Suite - doesn't work, RadioJar.com virtual studio - doesn't work, some local post service pages - don't work too, all because of PIA extension. I have purchased their service and at the beginning I didn't know that this extension causes so much software conflicts. Now every support ticket from different services begins with "Did you try Incognito" and later I find out that stupid PIA extension is causing issues again! Well no more. I am uninstalling it now. I still have 723 days to go, but their support contact form is so small and buggy that I lost my writings for the second time. I also don't have time to go through their 100+ details form, just to help them fix what they should already fix before charging me for their service.
- (2020-01-11) Tony Thompson: The extension was changed to be always enabled. This is a big problem because the extension breaks many websites, even when it is "turned off" and you aren't using the VPN. There is no option other than to completely disable the extension from Chrome to fix this. Before I used to be able to just turn off the VPN and the sites would work, but now it is always running. PIA was also bought out by a very sketchy company and you should steer clear. I have canceled my services and so should you.
- (2019-12-29) Jeff Smith: Amazon and Netflix both detect the software even though they have a Netflix option to bypass it, still doesn't work. Please help. The entire reason I paid for this was to bypass region locks and it does nothing.
- (2019-11-09) omer sedan: For the most part it works well. I still am experiencing issues where the extension is enabled but the VPN is toggled off, yet many websites' functionality is still limited due to recognizing a VPN. I literally have to disable the extension to make things work.
- (2019-10-15) Emery Crite: This is the BEST VPN you can get. Its easy to use and very inexpensive. This is all you need and it runs on almost every platform out there.
- (2019-10-11) suzette2751: ONLY THE BEST VPN on the market!!! I trust them!
- (2019-09-29) Andrew Terentyev: Bypass doesn't bypass. I understand that by default everything is turned on to break the internet as it's monetized, but even despite "bypass" the extension breaks websites that ***SHOULD*** work, like amazon.com.
- (2019-09-21) Benito Camelas Segura: Fantasticly well worked, extensions and VPN. High skills at developing this, making it performs with intelligence, plus the honestity they share, through the really elevated purpose of their will, I mean, the App itself. Thank you, for helping many persons, connecting safely . Great job ! And congrats !! PIA Rules !!! :D
- (2019-08-03) Maxwell Osmond: Using for many years as a desktop app and now in the microsoft chrome/edge new browser with great usability and speed. I wont look anywhere else as price and apps are great. Reccomend highly.
- (2019-07-22) Thomas Waterfall: This extension used to be good. They updated the look and made it terrible. Some privacy settings are applied regardless of if your connected to the VPN or not. This means you have to manually enable these options and then connect in order to use it properly. One of the annoying always on settings blocks 3rd party cookies which breaks multiple websites like my works timesheets. Now I leave it disabled most of the time as its faster than messing around with the settings. Support say they are aware and are "working on it" but its been months and its a PITA.
- (2020-06-02, v:2.1.1) Matt Cavanagh: Origin: null
Hello, Your extension is breaking various websites such as GitHub as it is nullifiying a rather delicate header called Origin. It is malforming header requests to read: Origin: null This breaks websites. Even when PIA is not connected, merely having the extension enabled introduces this functionality. Please delete this functionality, or remove the origin header malformity when PIA is not connected.
- (2020-05-17, v:2.1.1) Ethan Kinley: Crashes on Twitch.Tv
after about 5 minutes of watching a stream it will go to 99% cpu usage and lock up.
- (2020-05-11, v:2.1.1) alex d: Update exstension-app
Hello! Are you going to update your chrome-store extension? Thank you for your answer.
- (2020-04-24, v:2.1.1) Mark Borja: Google Drive Videos doesnt play
Hello PIA, I just found out right now the because of this plugin our Google drive videos doesn't play because of error playback. I already did a lot of troubleshooting but there's no hope, and found out that it's your VPN extension that's having some issue. Our only solution right now is to disable PIA vpn to play google drive videos and enable vpn again when we are going to use it.. Please see this issue. THank you!
- (2020-04-15, v:2.1.1) Nine K26: Private Internet Access for Chromebook
Where can I find the link or the extension for using PIA on my Chromebook?
- (2020-04-14, v:2.1.1) Michael Finger: Breaks Github login
When this Extension is enabled, the GitHub login just says your browser did something unexpected. When disabled, it works fine.
- (2020-04-07, v:2.1.1) Tollis Hunt: breaks NI.com
this extension removes the ability to login to my national instruments account on NI.com. the links, or elements that hold links to sign in disappear as onlong as this extension is enabled, even if im not connected to a vpn.
- (2020-04-06, v:2.1.1) Brice Baker: answer
i don't see pia in my browser anymore
- (2020-04-03, v:2.1.1) joe smythe: how to change pia password in chrome
how to change pia password in chrome?
- (2020-04-02, v:2.1.1) Michael Murillo: google sign in issue
Hello, Your extension has somehow messed up google's sign-in capability for Atlassian.com and Gitlab.com. Other sites with google's sign-in feature seem to work ok. Even if I turn on the "Site access - on click" setting instead of the default allowed everywhere, googles sign-in still doesn't work.
- (2020-03-12, v:2.1.1) Tom M: Brave Browser
As of an hour ago the Chrome Extension on Brave browser keeps logging me out and shows an authentication error page. Any ideas?
- (2020-03-03, v:2.1.1) Aluca Lindstrom: Getting an error with PIA that the extension cannot be used
Private Internet Access cannot be used because another extension is controlling your browsers proxy settings this is the error message that I am receiving on my Chromebook. It is a managed device. I have Dashlane installed, Slack extension and only default GSuite extensions, Docs, Sheets, etc. Any assistance is appreciated.
- (2020-02-09, v:2.1.1) Scott Niermann: "Unknown issue" when I try to reinstall
My subscription just renewed. cannot get PIA to launch using my account/username and password. It is causing issues with other websites, but not sure why as they are safe. I need PIA to work!
- (2020-02-06, v:2.1.1) Юра Арендар: Extension blocked my webcam
Few days ago I found that all websites has no access to my webcam, in settings I see that webcam blocked by extension and I started turn it off until webcam started working. And it was this extension, can you solve this problem? or I need change some settings? I need my webcam and also I need your extension. thank you!
- (2020-01-29, v:2.1.1) Matthew Ulm: unable to connect
I have the app installed and no matter what I do, it stopped connecting. Now, even if I select "help" from the app, the website won't open.
- (2020-01-27, v:2.1.1) David van der Vyver: Log In
didnt receive a log in password
- (2020-01-05, v:2.1.1) Christopher Kuech: net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
Every website I attempt to visit shows this error. I cannot visit any sites. I have successfully logged in and connected to a region.
- (2020-01-05, v:2.1.1) Allen Hicks: DISABLE BUTTON!
Please add on/off ability so I can turn that extension off when I want it just like the mobile phone applications. Every VPN extension out there has an off button. It looks like you don't care about design. Yes, there are some cases when you need to turn every VPN connections off, not just the ones with the exclusions! Various reasons!
- (2019-12-30, v:2.1.1) Chris Hardewig: Are you ever going to update the extension?
Are you ever going to update the extension?
- (2019-12-11, v:2.1.1) Dennis Toll: Extension breaks some other Web sites
Like some others here, I too have seen certain web sites break or not function correctly when the PIA extension is enabled in Chrome on my Chromebook. Even if the extension is not actively running, even if it is just simple enabled in the Chrome extensions, I receive a message on some apps that one of my extensions is blocking a certain activity. Disabling the PIA extension allows the Web site to function normally. It is only a few sites, but enough that I just keep the PIA extension disabled. I use the Android App when I need to activate a VPN.
- (2019-12-02, v:2.1.1) Geoff Davis: Plugin breaks Newegg.com
When logged in to Newegg.com, various pages (eg https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/OrderHistory.aspx) break when the plugin is disabled even after https://secure.newegg.com is added to the exceptions list. It looks like the error is occurring on some adblock-tracking script when a 'bait' element is being removed (it looks like the js is the same as what's found here: https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/iQ-Tag-Management/Tracking-Ad-Blocker-Numbers-in-Google-Universal-Analytics/ta-p/14514). There are no issues when this extensions is disabled and I've tested this with only this extension enabled. As a side-note; why would the extension have any effect on the page's JS when its URL has been whitelisted?
- (2019-11-24, v:2.1.1) Kevin Cherry: Stadia doesnt work with plugin enabled
Just an FYI if i have the PIA plugin enabled (but not connected to a VPN) Stadia wont work on my Chromebook (Asus C302C). It sits at the checking connection. If i disable the plugin it starts working again. Love you guys ,keep up the good work. Sure you'll have this fixed in a bit. Let me know if you need anything else.
- (2019-09-06, v:2.1.1) Christopher A.: latency scanning
can you PLEASE make the continuous latency scanning for the fastest server an option that can be toggled? it's CONSTANTLY connecting to ALL PIA servers on port 8888 with a text file to check latency. If I specify what server to use, making it not 'automatically select', it shouldn't keep scanning all of them. can you please make this feature like the app?
- (2019-09-01, v:2.1.1) Daniel Dugan: No Region Selected/Calculating Latency is all I get.
N0 Region Selected/Calculating Latency is all I get, what do I do?
- (2019-08-10, v:2.1.1) be harde: vpn werkt niet
Ik heb zojuist voor een jaar vpn genomen, echter, mijn ip adres en andere gegevens blijven eenvoudig zichtbaar voor anderen. Hoe kan dit?