Defeat censorship, unblock any website and access the open Internet the way it was meant to be with Private Internet Access®
Defeat censorship, unblock any website and access the open Internet the way it was meant to be with the Private Internet Access® Chrome extension. Protect your privacy with Private Internet Access®, the world’s leading VPN and secure proxy service for Chrome users. PIA enables users to encrypt their network traffic and stay protected when online. Add privacy and security to private and public networks when you access the Internet at WiFi hotspots. All you have to do is install the Chrome extension, login with your Private Internet Access subscription credentials, flip the on switch and you’ll be protected. The Private Internet Access Chrome extension features: - WebRTC blocking - Sort gateways by latency - Website URL whitelist - Easy on/off switch Private Internet Access features: - IP Cloaking. Your IP address will be changed to a Private Internet Access IP address to hide your identity and location. Hide your IP address to stop data trackers, snoopers, and hackers from tracking your browsing and search activity. Changing your IP address allows you to blend in with the crowd. Choose from 45 locations in 28 countries to tunnel your traffic through. - Data Encryption. Get Public WiFi security in hotspots, coffee shops, cafes, hotels, and airports. Without encryption, your data can be as available as public TV.. Our trusted VPN and secure proxy service creates several security layers which protect you and prevent access to your data. - Internet Access. Access blocked or censored websites. Unlock your favorite sites from anywhere. Why should you use the Private Internet Access secure proxy and Chrome extension? - We lead the industry with our low price. Private Internet Access only costs $3.33 per month if you purchase a yearly account (39.95/year) or $6.95 on a monthly basis. - We have been a reliable and trusted VPN and secure proxy provider since 2010 and have a proven no log policy. - We truly believe in your privacy because: “Privacy is our Policy.” Here at PIA, we not only provide a great VPN service at a low price, but we also support organizations like the Electronic Frontier Foundation, FightForTheFuture, and many others. Sign up for Private Internet Access today and enjoy: - High speed - Unlimited bandwidth - 5 devices connected simultaneously - No traffic logs - 24/7 customers support Editorial Reviews: Private Internet Access VPN has been featured in Wired, PC Magazine, HowToGeek, Lifehacker, Business Insider, TorrentFreak, and more! "Private Internet Access, one of Lifehacker readers' favorite VPN service providers, makes it easy to surf privately and securely from anywhere." – Lifehacker.com "There have been several Editors' Choice VPN services recently, as one product tops the next, but Private Internet Access out-performs and out-features the competition. With 4.5 stars, Private Internet Access sets the bar high and is truly the Editors' Choice, trumping all our previous favorites." -- PC Magazine “When shopping for a VPN service, it is recommended to find a service that does not log its customers’ traffic and prevents an anonymity-unmasking issue known as IPv6 leakage. Private Internet Access carries that level of security.” – Wired.com “To that end we highly recommend, Private Internet Access- a great VPN provider that we’re not only recommended before, but use ourselves”. – HowToGeek.com About Private Internet Access: Private Internet Access (PIA), is the leading no-log VPN service provider in the world. PIA believes that access to an open internet is a fundamental human right and donates effusively to causes such as EFF and FFTF to promote privacy causes internationally. PIA has over 3,200 servers in 24 countries that provide reliable, encrypted VPN tunnel gateways for whatever the use case. Please visit their website at https://www.privateinternetaccess.com for more information. Interact with us on social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/buyvpnservice Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privateinternetaccess/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/vpnservice Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Privateinternetaccess Support: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/
- (2020-01-11) Tony Thompson: The extension was changed to be always enabled. This is a big problem because the extension breaks many websites, even when it is "turned off" and you aren't using the VPN. There is no option other than to completely disable the extension from Chrome to fix this. Before I used to be able to just turn off the VPN and the sites would work, but now it is always running. PIA was also bought out by a very sketchy company and you should steer clear. I have canceled my services and so should you.
- (2019-12-29) Jeff Smith: Amazon and Netflix both detect the software even though they have a Netflix option to bypass it, still doesn't work. Please help. The entire reason I paid for this was to bypass region locks and it does nothing.
- (2019-11-09) omer sedan: For the most part it works well. I still am experiencing issues where the extension is enabled but the VPN is toggled off, yet many websites' functionality is still limited due to recognizing a VPN. I literally have to disable the extension to make things work.
- (2019-10-15) Emery Crite: This is the BEST VPN you can get. Its easy to use and very inexpensive. This is all you need and it runs on almost every platform out there.
- (2019-10-11) suzette2751: ONLY THE BEST VPN on the market!!! I trust them!
- (2019-09-29) Andrew Terentyev: Bypass doesn't bypass. I understand that by default everything is turned on to break the internet as it's monetized, but even despite "bypass" the extension breaks websites that ***SHOULD*** work, like amazon.com.
- (2019-09-21) Benito Camelas Segura: Fantasticly well worked, extensions and VPN. High skills at developing this, making it performs with intelligence, plus the honestity they share, through the really elevated purpose of their will, I mean, the App itself. Thank you, for helping many persons, connecting safely . Great job ! And congrats !! PIA Rules !!! :D
- (2019-08-03) Maxwell Osmond: Using for many years as a desktop app and now in the microsoft chrome/edge new browser with great usability and speed. I wont look anywhere else as price and apps are great. Reccomend highly.
- (2019-07-22) Thomas Waterfall: This extension used to be good. They updated the look and made it terrible. Some privacy settings are applied regardless of if your connected to the VPN or not. This means you have to manually enable these options and then connect in order to use it properly. One of the annoying always on settings blocks 3rd party cookies which breaks multiple websites like my works timesheets. Now I leave it disabled most of the time as its faster than messing around with the settings. Support say they are aware and are "working on it" but its been months and its a PITA.
- (2019-07-13) hompsar: Been using PIA for quite a long time now. Don't need it often but it's nice to have. Besides SOCKS5 I use the Chrome extension most of the time. After the newest update it appears to apply all the settings (MACE, block, etc) even when you aren't connected to a VPN. When doing my normal tasks I tend to have issues and have to manually deselect all the chosen settings to run Chrome normally. After the update I vaguely remember the changelog mentioning something to that new system but did not quite understand it until using my browser normally. Would be 5 stars is the old system was in place and did not seem to apply VPN settings when toggled off.
- (2019-07-09) Joe Kersch: This extension had been great for years. As several other reviews mention, in the most recent versions PIA has taken it upon themselves to enable their additional protections even when you are not connected to their VPN. This leads to breakage of multiple websites and other features (such as Chrome Remote Desktop) I only want these protections enabled when connected to the VPN, which is how it always used to work. The only way to disable this "feature" is to completely disable the extension when not in use. They seem to have been ignoring and sidestepping all feedback on this issue for the past 2 months.
- (2019-07-08) Jeremy W.: I've used PIA's service for over 5 years now and I have always thought it's great. Lately though the chrome extension has been having problems for me. It can't find a server to connect to. Keeps saying "Calculating Latency". I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. At home I do most of my work on a Chromebook so it'd be great if this got sorted out.
- (2019-07-03) Michael Olmsted: This extension will disable your microphone, camera, and other things on sites such as gmail, google voice, google hangouts, and probably many other sites until you are pulling your hair out trying to figure it out and go through all of your extensions disabling them one by one. And once you figure out that it's this extension, there's no option to turn this feature off without just disabling the extension. So frustrating... Just use the desktop app. No issues there so far.
- (2019-06-21) Dmitry Zobnin: Breaks lots of websites: bitbucket.org - unable to create or merge PRs azure.portal.com - causes session to timeout hangouts - numerous bugs (proper devices access) Even when the plug-in set to be enabled on click, it still causes lots of issues. Please address these issues, otherwise it's just useless.
- (2019-06-17) Dave Taylor: J'utilise depuis plusieurs années! Parfaitement reconnu par les site webs comme étant un VPN sécuritaire (trusted). Stable, aucun ralentissement jamais et pour le prix, merveilleux!
- (2019-06-15) Александр Верендеев: Уже 2 года пользуюсь, стоит своих денег, стабильно, быстро, удобно!
- (2019-06-10) Joe Marriott: The extension used to work great. The update causes settings stay active even when the VPN is not connected, this causes issues when using a lot of websites, leading me to need to either enable all my settings each time I connect, or needing to keep the extension disabled, meaning I have to re-enable it each time before using. Please add an option to only apply settings when the VPN is connected as before this update the extension was pretty much perfect for my needs.
- (2019-06-05) Danny Miller: Don't know what you guys did to this - used to love it but I can't even have it installed anymore it breaks the internet
- (2019-05-28) Stephan Glatzer: Since a couple of days ago the addon worked great but now all my autofill settings are gone and chrome says they are managed by PIA... not cool Also if i am not connected to the VPN some security setting interfere with websites.. example i cannot open twitter.com .. i only get a redirect link that does not work... not cool ... If i disconnect from the VPN the addon should be in standby doing nothing!
- (2019-05-27) Ole-Henrik Jakobsen: Having this addon installed and enabled (not active/on) makes me unable to login to some webpages and load comment fields etc. The app itself work though.
- (2019-05-25) Stefan Kechele: Seit dem letzten Update funktionieren mehrere Webseiten nicht mehr. Ganz toll... kann ein VPN bitte einfach ein VPN sein!
- (2019-05-22) Michał Szymura: Breaks some sites when NOT CONNECTED. Makes me unable to login to my Asus router, even when not connected to VPN so i have to keep it disabled. Annoying as hell.
- (2019-05-21) Daniel Bautista: I Like It
- (2019-05-21) Steve G: Update ruined extension
- (2019-05-21) YSS Nika: Хорошее расширение для тех, кто не хочет ставить программу. Плохо, что оно блокирует куки и флеш-плеер. Некоторые сайты из-за этого не работают так, как надо. И исключить их не всегда возможно, так как они требуют прокси.
- (2020-01-05, v:2.1.1) Christopher Kuech: net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
Every website I attempt to visit shows this error. I cannot visit any sites. I have successfully logged in and connected to a region.
- (2020-01-05, v:2.1.1) Allen Hicks: DISABLE BUTTON!
Please add on/off ability so I can turn that extension off when I want it just like the mobile phone applications. Every VPN extension out there has an off button. It looks like you don't care about design. Yes, there are some cases when you need to turn every VPN connections off, not just the ones with the exclusions! Various reasons!
- (2019-12-30, v:2.1.1) Chris Hardewig: Are you ever going to update the extension?
Are you ever going to update the extension?
- (2019-12-11, v:2.1.1) Dennis Toll: Extension breaks some other Web sites
Like some others here, I too have seen certain web sites break or not function correctly when the PIA extension is enabled in Chrome on my Chromebook. Even if the extension is not actively running, even if it is just simple enabled in the Chrome extensions, I receive a message on some apps that one of my extensions is blocking a certain activity. Disabling the PIA extension allows the Web site to function normally. It is only a few sites, but enough that I just keep the PIA extension disabled. I use the Android App when I need to activate a VPN.
- (2019-12-02, v:2.1.1) Geoff Davis: Plugin breaks Newegg.com
When logged in to Newegg.com, various pages (eg https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/OrderHistory.aspx) break when the plugin is disabled even after https://secure.newegg.com is added to the exceptions list. It looks like the error is occurring on some adblock-tracking script when a 'bait' element is being removed (it looks like the js is the same as what's found here: https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/iQ-Tag-Management/Tracking-Ad-Blocker-Numbers-in-Google-Universal-Analytics/ta-p/14514). There are no issues when this extensions is disabled and I've tested this with only this extension enabled. As a side-note; why would the extension have any effect on the page's JS when its URL has been whitelisted?
- (2019-11-24, v:2.1.1) Kevin Cherry: Stadia doesnt work with plugin enabled
Just an FYI if i have the PIA plugin enabled (but not connected to a VPN) Stadia wont work on my Chromebook (Asus C302C). It sits at the checking connection. If i disable the plugin it starts working again. Love you guys ,keep up the good work. Sure you'll have this fixed in a bit. Let me know if you need anything else.
- (2019-09-06, v:2.1.1) Christopher A.: latency scanning
can you PLEASE make the continuous latency scanning for the fastest server an option that can be toggled? it's CONSTANTLY connecting to ALL PIA servers on port 8888 with a text file to check latency. If I specify what server to use, making it not 'automatically select', it shouldn't keep scanning all of them. can you please make this feature like the app?
- (2019-09-01, v:2.1.1) Daniel Dugan: No Region Selected/Calculating Latency is all I get.
N0 Region Selected/Calculating Latency is all I get, what do I do?
- (2019-08-10, v:2.1.1) be harde: vpn werkt niet
Ik heb zojuist voor een jaar vpn genomen, echter, mijn ip adres en andere gegevens blijven eenvoudig zichtbaar voor anderen. Hoe kan dit?
- (2019-06-27, v:2.1.1) Max Renke: ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
When I connect with the chrome extension, the proxy connection fails. When I connect with the desktop app and then the chrome extension, I am able to browse.
- (2019-05-29, v:2.1.1) Cardia Leo: after version update
after auto update the new version of PIA apps, browsing most of website is impossible. because it strips referer header. and involve with some privacy informations aliexpress.com(can't login), facebook.com(also), paypal.com,bitbucket.com and ton's of website which using Ajax or CSRF technologies. I think you should fix this bugs.
- (2019-05-26, v:2.1.1) Mark Andrew Frey: https://remotedesktop.google.com no longer works
I can no longer use Google's Remote Desktop unless I deactivate this extension. I used to be able to simply disconnect it but with your new (unwanted) always off feature that's really a bug, I can no longer do that. I am a paid PIA user but this sucks. I tried to put it in the whitelist (remotedesktop.google.com) but this has never worked for Google Remote Desktop. I could never use Remote Desktop with the extension connected and now I can't use it with the extension enabled at all. Fix this please or figure out what to put in the whitelist that will allow remote desktop to work.
- (2019-05-21, v:2.1.1) Steve G: Your Extension is completely crippling my ability to use chrome
Are you going to fix this anytime soon or do I have to find a new VPN provider? Why would you not add an option for connected and not connected, I can not use Mixer.com a game streaming website owned by Microsoft without either disabling options or disabling the extension, Now anytime want a VPN it's no longer a simple toggle, I have to go in, set options or enable the extension. Who actually thought this would be a good idea!
- (2019-05-20, v:2.1.1) Michael DiGregorio: Always active settings
Do you plan to add a setting to allow the user to control whether enabled settings remain active when not connected to a region? I've had the entire extension disabled since v2.1 came out, which makes it a pain to connect to a region when I want to. If you don't want to add it, fine. But please communicate what your intention is to your paying customers.
- (2019-05-15, v:2.1.0) Frank Pavlicek: Cannot Connect to Any Region
After update to latest version I can no longer connect to any PIA server in any region. I allowed the now even ridiculous and questionable access to browser history, etc.. I am paying for something I cannot use.