Defeat censorship, unblock any website and access the open Internet the way it was meant to be with Private Internet Access®
Defeat censorship, unblock any website and access the open Internet the way it was meant to be with the Private Internet Access® Chrome extension. Protect your privacy with Private Internet Access®, the world’s leading VPN and secure proxy service for Chrome users. PIA enables users to encrypt their network traffic and stay protected when online. Add privacy and security to private and public networks when you access the Internet at WiFi hotspots. All you have to do is install the Chrome extension, login with your Private Internet Access subscription credentials, flip the on switch and you’ll be protected. The Private Internet Access Chrome extension features: - WebRTC blocking - Sort gateways by latency - Website URL whitelist - Easy on/off switch Private Internet Access features: - IP Cloaking. Your IP address will be changed to a Private Internet Access IP address to hide your identity and location. Hide your IP address to stop data trackers, snoopers, and hackers from tracking your browsing and search activity. Changing your IP address allows you to blend in with the crowd. Choose from 45 locations in 28 countries to tunnel your traffic through. - Data Encryption. Get Public WiFi security in hotspots, coffee shops, cafes, hotels, and airports. Without encryption, your data can be as available as public TV.. Our trusted VPN and secure proxy service creates several security layers which protect you and prevent access to your data. - Internet Access. Access blocked or censored websites. Unlock your favorite sites from anywhere. Why should you use the Private Internet Access secure proxy and Chrome extension? - We lead the industry with our low price. Private Internet Access only costs $3.33 per month if you purchase a yearly account (39.95/year) or $6.95 on a monthly basis. - We have been a reliable and trusted VPN and secure proxy provider since 2010 and have a proven no log policy. - We truly believe in your privacy because: “Privacy is our Policy.” Here at PIA, we not only provide a great VPN service at a low price, but we also support organizations like the Electronic Frontier Foundation, FightForTheFuture, and many others. Sign up for Private Internet Access today and enjoy: - High speed - Unlimited bandwidth - 5 devices connected simultaneously - No traffic logs - 24/7 customers support Editorial Reviews: Private Internet Access VPN has been featured in Wired, PC Magazine, HowToGeek, Lifehacker, Business Insider, TorrentFreak, and more! "Private Internet Access, one of Lifehacker readers' favorite VPN service providers, makes it easy to surf privately and securely from anywhere." – Lifehacker.com "There have been several Editors' Choice VPN services recently, as one product tops the next, but Private Internet Access out-performs and out-features the competition. With 4.5 stars, Private Internet Access sets the bar high and is truly the Editors' Choice, trumping all our previous favorites." -- PC Magazine “When shopping for a VPN service, it is recommended to find a service that does not log its customers’ traffic and prevents an anonymity-unmasking issue known as IPv6 leakage. Private Internet Access carries that level of security.” – Wired.com “To that end we highly recommend, Private Internet Access- a great VPN provider that we’re not only recommended before, but use ourselves”. – HowToGeek.com About Private Internet Access: Private Internet Access (PIA), is the leading no-log VPN service provider in the world. PIA has over 3,200 servers in 24 countries that provide reliable, encrypted VPN tunnel gateways for whatever the use case. Please visit their website at https://www.privateinternetaccess.com for more information. Interact with us on social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/buyvpnservice Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privateinternetaccess/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/vpnservice Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Privateinternetaccess Support: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/
- (2022-05-21) Abubakari Rashid: Please make it a bit stronger
- (2022-04-22) Gregory Walsh: Easy-No nonsense
- (2022-04-19) Doc Vivaldi: 👎 Not a free service. Must pay before trying it.
- (2022-04-17) fifi wu: 官网上能直接下载 chrome 插件文件吗？chrome网上商店没vpn 时访问不了呀
- (2022-04-15) MADISON Ma: 牛逼
- (2022-04-12) Rodrigo P. Reis: Doesn't work anymore. Has been like that for months, I'm totally dropping PIA and going to somewhere else. Such a shame.
- (2022-04-05) Torran Kneale: Works Well, Love it as an addition to the Desktop version.
- (2022-04-04) Оля Севастьянова: Не понимаю, почему не получается отключить расширение. Нажимаю кнопку "отключить", она перезагружается и снова загорается зеленым. Из-за этого приходится удалять все расширение совсем, чтобы зайти на какой-то сайт, который не работает с VPN или с чужим регионом.
- (2022-03-29) Ricardo Jorge: Doesn't have the full list of servers on the browser
- (2022-03-26) Gabriel Athitakis: Used to work. Stopped working. Constantly gets Connection error net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED Reinstalled it and still doesn't work. Apparently PIA can't be bothered to fix this while Nord and other VPN's have good chrome plugins.
- (2022-03-22) temka temka: Удобное, функциональное, минималистичное.
- (2022-03-14) Leo Mori: Great extension, it needs an update though. Some server locations that are available on the windows program are not available for this extension. Such as the streaming optimized servers. Please update, thank you.
- (2022-03-12) Adnan subhan: I purchased 3 year plan, just Waste of money. Not work in USA.
- (2022-02-24) Pentazer: The extension is garbage. I've asked support for months why it keeps dropping the VPN connection. "We're upgrading our squid proxies" is their excuse, they've been "upgrading" close to half a year now. This thing is trash. PIA's extension used to be great, but now I'm debating cancelling my account because their dev team ruined this.
- (2022-02-22) Jesse Pinkman: As i was looking for a good vpn client, and i came across this one, and i must say that i am very pleased with the way it operates and that it can be used on multiple platforms. I also use it on my Android Sony web tv and my Iphone. When you want to be invisible on the net, as in almost stealth mode, use this vpn client, and you won't regret it. Highly recommended.
- (2022-02-18) Tim Travis: Continually fails to connect.
- (2022-02-13) Ivan Laidler: PIA in general is fine. The desktop client and Android app work perfectly. The Chrome extension however is nigh unusable. If there was a way to add specific domain bypass rules to the desktop client then that would be perfect and the extension would no longer be needed. Problem list: -Some servers just flat out don't work -Constant failed connections to servers -Constant switching of servers when yours stops working -Ping list doesn't show half the time I can't speak for other browsers but I can't recommend PIA to anyone doing any kind of desktop browsing using Chrome. Steer clear until this extension is fixed.
- (2022-02-12) Ian Wardell: Does not work on chromium based browsers including chrome. Constant redirects to the not connected page. Reinstall and other browsers do not fix this. Addon is bugged.
- (2022-02-03) Austin Williams: Chrome extension doesn't work. The developers know this and tell you to use the Windows application instead without giving us any sort of time estimate when this will be fixed. It is not a priority for them. Switch to Mullvad instead.
- (2022-02-02) Brian Weber: Absolutely terrible browser extension. Literally does not function as it should, 99% of the time I get a connection error. I will not be renewing my private internet access subscription due to this sheer incompetence.
- (2022-01-26) T M: Setting to Auto will disconnect you at random intervals, and not reconnect to a new server for almost a full minute, leading to a lot of buffering, loading, and waiting. Even choosing a server that is nearby results in barely being able to stream YouTube videos and Twitch streams at 480p from my very common 110mbps original connection. Used to work great, has turned to garbage as of the last year. Wish I could get a refund on the 500 days I have left, but here we are. Go try something else, this isn't worth the price. Not even 10% of the price.
- (2022-01-17) Autism Wings: The desktop version if better, but chrome extension get disconnected after some time. Then I have to change the server to connect it again. Couldn't get connected to previous server for some time. And some ip's are found blacklisted. Chrome extension should get updated to work properly. And I would suggest to increase the server counts in USA. Atleast 1 in a each city.
- (2022-01-17) Mark: Not sure why I am the lucky one but the extension blokes ALL internet access for me. Chrome version 97.04... Perhaps I did something incorrectly but PIA works on my desktop (but at 1/10th the speed of no PIA) and on my laptop. Hopefully I will hear from PIA and they can solve the issue else there is no reason no to ask for my money back. Just doesn't work for me.
- (2022-01-16) Josh Novotny: PIA is usually awesome, their desktop client is 100% rock-solid stable. This extension however? Not so much. Works maybe 30% of the time, other times never gets you a VPN IP. Other times, it just calculates latency forever. Hasn't been updated since August. I contacted support and the answer was basically they don't know when it'll be fixed. Wish it worked as well as the desktop app.
- (2021-12-29) Michael Morgan: Absolutely hopeless app this year, constant disconnections, multiple servers down... issue has been going on for at least six months! Fix it in 2022 or we're gone! (Been with PIA since 2015!)
- (2021-12-25) Ben Mitchell: Every time I want to use this app and I restart my machine or close Chrome/ Brave, it refuses to connect and states its connected but I get a DNS error, every time. It doesn't matter whether i'm on OSX, Parrot or Windows, it's awful. The only fix I've found that works is to uninstall the app, end the Chrome process, relaunch Chrome, re add the app, log back in and then connect. I've been using PIA for a number of years and the service is great but the Chrome app is so awful. I don't want the client running on my OS as I don't want to have to setup static routes for traffic but it's making me want to use a different provider.
- (2021-12-18) Hadas Hall: worked for about a month for the last 2 months does not connect bad costumer service very disappointed
- (2021-12-08) Potassium Af: The singapore VPN keeps disconnecting
- (2021-12-07) Kunal Arora: Drops internet connection very frequently. Whenever this happens, you need to try different servers or reinstall the extension
- (2021-11-30) Tuomas Jokinen: Practically stopped working a few months ago. You have to keep switching servers every 1-10 minutes after it disconnects you and stops working.
- (2021-11-28) Madeline Sutton: I love PIA. I really want to like this chrome extension. It won't let me, to be honest. Half the time all the servers take too long to access making it completely unusable to me. I have to uninstall and reinstall more often than I like just to get it to connect. So I know it's not my internet if uninstalling and reinstalling fixes the problem. Due to the nature of my business, I have to use several different servers to get around places. This app was supposed to provide that functionality. Half the time I'm reinstalling it just so it works right. I'm very close to unsubscribing to PIA if it can't deliver on its promise.
- (2021-11-15) AlKatt Productions: Love it! Works Great!
- (2021-11-14) martin rouleau: Good VPN service, the only problem for me is I cannot use my ordered dedicated IP in the chrome extension, I can only use it in the application.
- (2021-11-13) Br ad: a must have extension.
- (2021-11-07) Steven Parker: Half the time I will get a proxy error in Firefox and web pages won't load, and to fix use a different location or disable, and in Chrome it is stuck on "Calculating latency" terrible support and apps.
- (2021-10-29) James Pleban: The extension stopped working weeks ago and has no fix in sight. I have tried toggling every setting, connecting to every server, and uninstalling and reinstalling the extension multiple times. Been a customer for years and will not be for much longer, especially since PIA was bought by Kape, a shady company trying to buy all of the major VPNs.
- (2021-10-29) Sergei Klimov: Stopped working few weeks ago. Now it only works sometimes after disabling/re-enabling the extension, then soon after that in always fails with Connection error net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
- (2021-10-28) Carrol Guinn: Very Slow Speed on Singapore Server! Just a Hype VPN! Not worthy!
- (2021-10-27) Jamin: Does not work half the time, states "ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT" and pages will not load when the VPN is on, despite having paid for this service. Going to find a new VPN company.
- (2021-10-26) DexyStorm: trash. doesnt work
- (2021-10-22) Dan Hlavenka: THIS EXTENSION IS NO LONGER SECURE. Don't trust this extension's favorable rating. Check the dates on the positive reviews and look at how old they are. I've been a happy PIA user for ages, but for the past year or so it's been going steadily downhill. For months, it's been randomly and silently turning itself off, leaking my IP until I happen to notice that the icon is the wrong color. I've contacted their support about this previously, and multiple updates later, it's still a problem. They don't seem to consider IP leaks to be a security issue at all. More recently, I've started having all my browser traffic suddenly stop flowing as if I'd lost my internet connection, only to find that the problem goes away when I switch regions. This currently happens approximately daily. I've been meaning to find a new VPN provider for months, but PIA is really forcing me to make that a top priority now.
- (2021-10-21) Robin Sander: Since Windows 11 - i constantly get below error and this has been going on for months without a fix now. Connection error net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
- (2021-10-20) Avi: Stopped working recently
- (2021-10-19) buteex: Недорогой VPN с большим кол-вом серверов, расположенных в различных уголках мира. Удобный и интуитивно понятный интерфейс. Наличие приложения на телефон, расширения для браузера и отдельного клиента для Windows. Работает отлично
- (2021-10-18) Wabbit Magic: Very happy with it, have used it for years.
- (2021-09-28) Per BH: Unusable, have a yearly subscription but for the past 10-20 days cant connect to anything
- (2021-09-28) doe john: Unstable
- (2021-09-23) aidan earl: I'm constantly getting a connection error. It seems I'm not the only one. Unusable.
- (2021-09-20) Chase Miles: The browser application is hot garbage. It's a complete buggy mess. The desktop app works fine tho.
- (2021-09-17) Peter Lee: The desktop service is great, but PIA just can't seem to handle their browser or android apps that well. Stick with the desktop version; the browser extension is a buggy mess.
- (2020-06-02, v:2.1.1) Matt Cavanagh: Origin: null
Hello, Your extension is breaking various websites such as GitHub as it is nullifiying a rather delicate header called Origin. It is malforming header requests to read: Origin: null This breaks websites. Even when PIA is not connected, merely having the extension enabled introduces this functionality. Please delete this functionality, or remove the origin header malformity when PIA is not connected.
- (2020-05-17, v:2.1.1) Ethan Kinley: Crashes on Twitch.Tv
after about 5 minutes of watching a stream it will go to 99% cpu usage and lock up.
- (2020-05-11, v:2.1.1) alex d: Update exstension-app
Hello! Are you going to update your chrome-store extension? Thank you for your answer.
- (2020-04-24, v:2.1.1) Mark Borja: Google Drive Videos doesnt play
Hello PIA, I just found out right now the because of this plugin our Google drive videos doesn't play because of error playback. I already did a lot of troubleshooting but there's no hope, and found out that it's your VPN extension that's having some issue. Our only solution right now is to disable PIA vpn to play google drive videos and enable vpn again when we are going to use it.. Please see this issue. THank you!
- (2020-04-15, v:2.1.1) Nine K26: Private Internet Access for Chromebook
Where can I find the link or the extension for using PIA on my Chromebook?
- (2020-04-14, v:2.1.1) Michael Finger: Breaks Github login
When this Extension is enabled, the GitHub login just says your browser did something unexpected. When disabled, it works fine.
- (2020-04-07, v:2.1.1) Tollis Hunt: breaks NI.com
this extension removes the ability to login to my national instruments account on NI.com. the links, or elements that hold links to sign in disappear as onlong as this extension is enabled, even if im not connected to a vpn.
- (2020-04-06, v:2.1.1) Brice Baker: answer
i don't see pia in my browser anymore
- (2020-04-03, v:2.1.1) joe smythe: how to change pia password in chrome
how to change pia password in chrome?
- (2020-04-02, v:2.1.1) Michael Murillo: google sign in issue
Hello, Your extension has somehow messed up google's sign-in capability for Atlassian.com and Gitlab.com. Other sites with google's sign-in feature seem to work ok. Even if I turn on the "Site access - on click" setting instead of the default allowed everywhere, googles sign-in still doesn't work.
- (2020-03-12, v:2.1.1) Tom M: Brave Browser
As of an hour ago the Chrome Extension on Brave browser keeps logging me out and shows an authentication error page. Any ideas?
- (2020-03-03, v:2.1.1) Aluca Lindstrom: Getting an error with PIA that the extension cannot be used
Private Internet Access cannot be used because another extension is controlling your browsers proxy settings this is the error message that I am receiving on my Chromebook. It is a managed device. I have Dashlane installed, Slack extension and only default GSuite extensions, Docs, Sheets, etc. Any assistance is appreciated.
- (2020-02-09, v:2.1.1) Scott Niermann: "Unknown issue" when I try to reinstall
My subscription just renewed. cannot get PIA to launch using my account/username and password. It is causing issues with other websites, but not sure why as they are safe. I need PIA to work!
- (2020-02-06, v:2.1.1) Юра Арендар: Extension blocked my webcam
Few days ago I found that all websites has no access to my webcam, in settings I see that webcam blocked by extension and I started turn it off until webcam started working. And it was this extension, can you solve this problem? or I need change some settings? I need my webcam and also I need your extension. thank you!
- (2020-01-29, v:2.1.1) Matthew Ulm: unable to connect
I have the app installed and no matter what I do, it stopped connecting. Now, even if I select "help" from the app, the website won't open.
- (2020-01-27, v:2.1.1) David van der Vyver: Log In
didnt receive a log in password
- (2020-01-05, v:2.1.1) Christopher Kuech: net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
Every website I attempt to visit shows this error. I cannot visit any sites. I have successfully logged in and connected to a region.
- (2020-01-05, v:2.1.1) Allen Hicks: DISABLE BUTTON!
Please add on/off ability so I can turn that extension off when I want it just like the mobile phone applications. Every VPN extension out there has an off button. It looks like you don't care about design. Yes, there are some cases when you need to turn every VPN connections off, not just the ones with the exclusions! Various reasons!
- (2019-12-30, v:2.1.1) Chris Hardewig: Are you ever going to update the extension?
Are you ever going to update the extension?
- (2019-12-11, v:2.1.1) Dennis Toll: Extension breaks some other Web sites
Like some others here, I too have seen certain web sites break or not function correctly when the PIA extension is enabled in Chrome on my Chromebook. Even if the extension is not actively running, even if it is just simple enabled in the Chrome extensions, I receive a message on some apps that one of my extensions is blocking a certain activity. Disabling the PIA extension allows the Web site to function normally. It is only a few sites, but enough that I just keep the PIA extension disabled. I use the Android App when I need to activate a VPN.
- (2019-12-02, v:2.1.1) Geoff Davis: Plugin breaks Newegg.com
When logged in to Newegg.com, various pages (eg https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/OrderHistory.aspx) break when the plugin is disabled even after https://secure.newegg.com is added to the exceptions list. It looks like the error is occurring on some adblock-tracking script when a 'bait' element is being removed (it looks like the js is the same as what's found here: https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/iQ-Tag-Management/Tracking-Ad-Blocker-Numbers-in-Google-Universal-Analytics/ta-p/14514). There are no issues when this extensions is disabled and I've tested this with only this extension enabled. As a side-note; why would the extension have any effect on the page's JS when its URL has been whitelisted?
- (2019-11-24, v:2.1.1) Kevin Cherry: Stadia doesnt work with plugin enabled
Just an FYI if i have the PIA plugin enabled (but not connected to a VPN) Stadia wont work on my Chromebook (Asus C302C). It sits at the checking connection. If i disable the plugin it starts working again. Love you guys ,keep up the good work. Sure you'll have this fixed in a bit. Let me know if you need anything else.
- (2019-09-06, v:2.1.1) Christopher A.: latency scanning
can you PLEASE make the continuous latency scanning for the fastest server an option that can be toggled? it's CONSTANTLY connecting to ALL PIA servers on port 8888 with a text file to check latency. If I specify what server to use, making it not 'automatically select', it shouldn't keep scanning all of them. can you please make this feature like the app?
- (2019-09-01, v:2.1.1) Daniel Dugan: No Region Selected/Calculating Latency is all I get.
N0 Region Selected/Calculating Latency is all I get, what do I do?
- (2019-08-10, v:2.1.1) be harde: vpn werkt niet
Ik heb zojuist voor een jaar vpn genomen, echter, mijn ip adres en andere gegevens blijven eenvoudig zichtbaar voor anderen. Hoe kan dit?
- (2019-06-27, v:2.1.1) Max Renke: ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
When I connect with the chrome extension, the proxy connection fails. When I connect with the desktop app and then the chrome extension, I am able to browse.
- (2019-05-29, v:2.1.1) Cardia Leo: after version update
after auto update the new version of PIA apps, browsing most of website is impossible. because it strips referer header. and involve with some privacy informations aliexpress.com(can't login), facebook.com(also), paypal.com,bitbucket.com and ton's of website which using Ajax or CSRF technologies. I think you should fix this bugs.
- (2019-05-26, v:2.1.1) Mark Andrew Frey: https://remotedesktop.google.com no longer works
I can no longer use Google's Remote Desktop unless I deactivate this extension. I used to be able to simply disconnect it but with your new (unwanted) always off feature that's really a bug, I can no longer do that. I am a paid PIA user but this sucks. I tried to put it in the whitelist (remotedesktop.google.com) but this has never worked for Google Remote Desktop. I could never use Remote Desktop with the extension connected and now I can't use it with the extension enabled at all. Fix this please or figure out what to put in the whitelist that will allow remote desktop to work.
- (2019-05-21, v:2.1.1) Steve G: Your Extension is completely crippling my ability to use chrome
Are you going to fix this anytime soon or do I have to find a new VPN provider? Why would you not add an option for connected and not connected, I can not use Mixer.com a game streaming website owned by Microsoft without either disabling options or disabling the extension, Now anytime want a VPN it's no longer a simple toggle, I have to go in, set options or enable the extension. Who actually thought this would be a good idea!
- (2019-05-20, v:2.1.1) Michael DiGregorio: Always active settings
Do you plan to add a setting to allow the user to control whether enabled settings remain active when not connected to a region? I've had the entire extension disabled since v2.1 came out, which makes it a pain to connect to a region when I want to. If you don't want to add it, fine. But please communicate what your intention is to your paying customers.
- (2019-05-15, v:2.1.0) Frank Pavlicek: Cannot Connect to Any Region
After update to latest version I can no longer connect to any PIA server in any region. I allowed the now even ridiculous and questionable access to browser history, etc.. I am paying for something I cannot use.