Defeat censorship, unblock any website and access the open Internet the way it was meant to be with Private Internet Access®
Defeat censorship, unblock any website, and access the open Internet as it was meant to be with the Private Internet Access® Proxy Chrome extension. Protect your privacy with Private Internet Access®, the world’s leading VPN and secure proxy service for Chrome users. PIA Chrome Extension enables users to encrypt their network traffic and stay protected when online, as well as allowing customers to change their location. Add privacy and security to private and public networks when you access the Internet at WiFi hotspots. All you have to do is install the Chrome extension, log in with your Private Internet Access subscription credentials, flip the on switch, and you’ll be protected. The Private Internet Access Chrome extension features: - WebRTC blocking - Sort gateways by latency - Website URL whitelist - Easy on/off switch Private Internet Access features: - IP Cloaking. Your IP address will be changed to a Private Internet Access IP address to hide your identity and location. Hide your IP address to stop data trackers, snoopers, and hackers from tracking your real browsing and search activity. Changing your IP address allows you to blend in with the crowd. Choose from 45 locations in 28 countries to tunnel your traffic through. - Data Encryption. Get Public WiFi security in hotspots, coffee shops, cafes, hotels, and airports. Without encryption, your data can be as available as public TV. Our trusted VPN and secure proxy service creates several security layers which protect you and prevent access to your data. - Internet Access. Access blocked or censored websites. Unlock your favorite sites from anywhere. Why should you use the Private Internet Access secure proxy and Chrome extension? - We lead the industry with our low price. Private Internet Access only costs $3.33 per month if you purchase a yearly account (39.95/year) or $6.95 monthly. - We have been a reliable and trusted VPN and secure proxy provider since 2010 and have a proven no-log policy. - We truly believe in your privacy because: “Privacy is our Policy.” Here at PIA, we not only provide a great VPN service at a low price, but we also support organizations like the Electronic Frontier Foundation, FightForTheFuture, and many others. Sign up for Private Internet Access today and enjoy: - High speed - Unlimited bandwidth - 5 devices connected simultaneously - No traffic logs - 24/7 customers support Editorial Reviews: Private Internet Access VPN has been featured in Wired, PC Magazine, HowToGeek, Lifehacker, Business Insider, TorrentFreak, and more! "Private Internet Access, one of Lifehacker readers' favorite VPN service providers, makes it easy to surf privately and securely from anywhere." – Lifehacker.com "There have been several Editors' Choice VPN services recently, as one product tops the next, but Private Internet Access out-performs and out-features the competition. With 4.5 stars, Private Internet Access sets the bar high and is truly the Editors' Choice, trumping all our previous favorites." -- PC Magazine “When shopping for a VPN service, it is recommended to find a service that does not log its customers’ traffic and prevents an anonymity-unmasking issue known as IPv6 leakage. Private Internet Access carries that level of security.” – Wired.com “To that end, we highly recommend Private Internet Access- a great VPN provider that we’re not only recommended before, but use ourselves.” – HowToGeek.com About Private Internet Access: Private Internet Access (PIA) is the world's leading no-log VPN service provider. PIA has over 3,200 servers in 24 countries that provide reliable, encrypted VPN tunnel gateways for whatever the use case. Please visit their website at https://www.privateinternetaccess.com for more information. Interact with us on social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/buyvpnservice Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privateinternetaccess/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/vpnservice Support: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/
- (2023-09-26) motoshi “M IWAI” iwai: 拡張機能からでは日本のNetflixが見れません。 windows版やIOSでは見れます。 拡張機能からだと日本のNetflixを見れるサーバーに繋がらないようです。 スピードが早いのに非常に残念です。 拡張機能からだと日本のストリーミング用のサーバーが選択できません。 まあ、ストリーミング用のサーバーは非常に遅いので、普通のサーバーで接続し直せばNetflixを見れるサーバーに繋がりますが根気が必要です。 拡張機能のバージョンアップに期待です。 Private Internet Accessの評価は★5ですが拡張機能の評価は★1です。
- (2023-09-21) M Box: The extentsion works well with a lot of user settings available.
- (2023-09-18) Sergey Syrtsev (Mugnum): Very happy with it so far (~1 month). No idea whether things will change down the line (like speed being throttled after refund period or some BS like that). - Server switching is instant. - Connection speed itself is quite decent, latency is negligible. - No device limit, meaning I can use it across different machines and browsers (including work PC). - Provides forwarding up to 1 port on desktop, which can be handy for torrents and such. - The browser extension itself is also very polished and thought through, for instance, in just a couple clicks allowing your to bypass/whitelist certain domains (like ones with high traffic or intranet-restricted). - Quite cheap as far as VPNs go, with wide choice of payment methods (including QIWI and crypto, in case you're into that sort of thing). That said, there have been some hickups lately -- where instead of loading websites, it would show their logo and say that internet connection was interrupted or something, but switching servers usually resolves the issue. Besides, it's probably something on my end anyway... All in all, it's night and day difference compared to using various janky free proxies to access blocked sites and services, and you get a whole sleeve of extra features with it.
- (2023-09-18) David Blankfield: Worked like a charm for the last 2 years, though just recently, in the last several weeks... Logging me out at random, across multiple chrome profiles, for some unknown reason. Would really be nice to get an answer from the team on this.
- (2023-09-11) Andrey Yarmolenko: Ideal!
- (2023-09-06) SHYHRAT IKROMOV: Нет пробного периода
- (2023-08-27) Сер Ник: Мне нравится. Устойчиво. многофункционально( расширение, приложение, разные операционные системы) скорость не сильно проседает, но иногда бывает.
- (2023-08-26) Иалсо Талсл: все шикарно работает. пользуюсь платной версией и ей очень доволен. ничем не хуже других впн
- (2023-08-19) Sarah Bettis: Highly Recommended
- (2023-07-28) De D.: I've been using PIA for about 4 years and I love it. It just does what it is suppose to do, plain and simple!!
- (2023-07-16) mad hatter: Highly recomended PIA best vpn been using well over 6 years. most issues are caused by computer configuration or having installed some other vpns or even browser settings.
- (2023-07-09) ap er: платная шняга
- (2023-07-06) Tommy Lankut: The best VPN, I can see some people say that this is not good ?????? Then they must be working for other VPN companies..... Because this works every time perfect :-)
- (2023-07-04) Белоцерковский Виталий: Super B. Gracia
- (2023-06-04) Free delsole: Почему в расширении нет многих локаций? Нет Украины, Казахстана, Армении и др.? Подписку приобретаешь, а получаешь кастрированный сервис...
- (2023-06-02) Наталья D: В расширении присутствуют не все серверы, многих нет. Это проблема для меня.
- (2023-05-20) Ielysey: "Забыли пароль? Купить учетную запись" - это о чем вообще ? Непревзойденная защита ? Скоро буду матом крыть таких непревзойдёнщиков !
- (2023-04-29) Jim Pietruszka: I've been using PIA for over a year now. Initially I had some computer connectivity issues and server connection issues. Frustrating, but after troubleshooting I found that the issues were caused by my computer configuration. Before PIA I had installed a number of security apps that did parts of a VPN's job and after installing PIA I did not uninstall those apps and conflicts resulted. After uninstalling those apps AND disabling some Chrome features (Secure DNS) the conflicts were resolved. PIA now works great and is a consistent performer. By the way the Ghostery app works well with PIA.
- (2023-04-21) Bogdan Litvak: Worked ok for 2 years, now it logged me out and doesn't work as an extension for 1 month already. Company seems to be not interested in fixing at all.
- (2023-04-17) Skales Mallets: it's amazing but it do log me out most time unnoticed
- (2023-04-03) Clippy Msoft: Lots of "ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED" errors after not using the browser for a few hours. Attempting to reconnect to the same server gives the same result, but connecting to another server often works. This should be handled automagically
- (2023-03-02) Asia: Кот в мешке
- (2023-03-02) Katarina Rostova (bozdrick): The service was working fine until last week, it has become very bad. There are always errors and problems in entering the site and activating the account. Unfortunately, the company renewed the account automatically for a full year, but despite that, the service does not work and I do not benefit from it now. I am now using the free Windscribe service and it is excellent and far better.
- (2023-02-22) Cristian Diacu: Best software without saving any logs.
- (2023-02-21) Alex Stahl: Servers are basically permanently offline since the buyout, most websites in incognito mode won't connect till you disable it, defeating the point.
- (2023-01-01) Дмитрий Лукашевич: все отлично и с кучей настроек
- (2022-12-30) prophet babyja: good thing
- (2022-12-30) Augusto Pinochet: when it works its good. try harder to keep your servers online
- (2022-12-28) David Santana: cannot log in
- (2022-12-24) Bromos Dew: Пока полёт отличный, купил на 3 года. Посмотрим как оно будет работать.
- (2022-12-16) Justin: terrible extension, will always completely lose connection regardless of which server you pick. The desktop app/regular program is great, but this extension is awful and not reliable
- (2022-12-16) ADRENELINEDUDE: Literally can't even log in, getting 403 errors for weeks.
- (2022-12-13) David Quinteros: Horrible extension. I've been having problem to log in on different websites, cookies blocked from trustable sources, and websites not loading at all, even with the extension off. As soon as I disable it, all the issues with my browser got fixed. Again, horrible extension, I regret buying this VPN.
- (2022-12-02) IG 88: Great tool, the browser plugin makes anonymous research easy.
- (2022-11-27) Iczelion Shimatsu: Really easy to use. Quick connect without noticable problem. Works like a charm. Highly recommended.
- (2022-11-22) Oliver: Login request returned an unexpected server response (500 )
- (2022-11-21) Tom Schultz: I can confirm, the Chrome extension still gives you ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED. I just subscribed for Black Friday deal, even though I was PIA customer in the past and had the same problem. Rather pay more for NordVPN even though it doesn't have port forwarding.
- (2022-11-21) Eragon Talesweaver: Worst VPN extension. I have tried different paid and free extensions and this has to be the worst. As others mention connecting to any server might not work after connecting, and even if it does you will get errors shortly after like Connection error net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
- (2022-11-19) Alex Lada: Нажимаю кнопку "отключить", она перезагружается и снова загорается зеленым.
- (2022-11-17) 戮吽嗒: mac 客户端不能用，苹果手机端不能用，浏览器插件也不能用，彻底封死了，会员白买了。
- (2022-11-06) Jijo Fuitre: muy lento no es recomendable
- (2022-11-02) Ben Chen: don't know where to activate it
- (2022-03-22) temka temka: Удобное, функциональное, минималистичное.
- (2022-03-14) Leo Mori: Great extension, it needs an update though. Some server locations that are available on the windows program are not available for this extension. Such as the streaming optimized servers. Please update, thank you.
- (2022-03-12) Adnan subhan: I purchased 3 year plan, just Waste of money. Not work in USA.
- (2022-02-24) Pentazer: The extension is garbage. I've asked support for months why it keeps dropping the VPN connection. "We're upgrading our squid proxies" is their excuse, they've been "upgrading" close to half a year now. This thing is trash. PIA's extension used to be great, but now I'm debating cancelling my account because their dev team ruined this.
- (2022-02-22) Jesse Pinkman: As i was looking for a good vpn client, and i came across this one, and i must say that i am very pleased with the way it operates and that it can be used on multiple platforms. I also use it on my Android Sony web tv and my Iphone. When you want to be invisible on the net, as in almost stealth mode, use this vpn client, and you won't regret it. Highly recommended.
- (2022-02-18) Tim Travis: Continually fails to connect.
- (2022-02-13) Ivan Laidler: PIA in general is fine. The desktop client and Android app work perfectly. The Chrome extension however is nigh unusable. If there was a way to add specific domain bypass rules to the desktop client then that would be perfect and the extension would no longer be needed. Problem list: -Some servers just flat out don't work -Constant failed connections to servers -Constant switching of servers when yours stops working -Ping list doesn't show half the time I can't speak for other browsers but I can't recommend PIA to anyone doing any kind of desktop browsing using Chrome. Steer clear until this extension is fixed.
- (2022-02-12) Ian Wardell: Does not work on chromium based browsers including chrome. Constant redirects to the not connected page. Reinstall and other browsers do not fix this. Addon is bugged.
- (2020-06-02, v:2.1.1) Matt Cavanagh (Maelstromeous): Origin: null
Hello, Your extension is breaking various websites such as GitHub as it is nullifiying a rather delicate header called Origin. It is malforming header requests to read: Origin: null This breaks websites. Even when PIA is not connected, merely having the extension enabled introduces this functionality. Please delete this functionality, or remove the origin header malformity when PIA is not connected.
- (2020-05-17, v:2.1.1) Ethan Kinley: Crashes on Twitch.Tv
after about 5 minutes of watching a stream it will go to 99% cpu usage and lock up.
- (2020-05-11, v:2.1.1) alex d: Update exstension-app
Hello! Are you going to update your chrome-store extension? Thank you for your answer.
- (2020-04-24, v:2.1.1) Mark Borja: Google Drive Videos doesnt play
Hello PIA, I just found out right now the because of this plugin our Google drive videos doesn't play because of error playback. I already did a lot of troubleshooting but there's no hope, and found out that it's your VPN extension that's having some issue. Our only solution right now is to disable PIA vpn to play google drive videos and enable vpn again when we are going to use it.. Please see this issue. THank you!
- (2020-04-15, v:2.1.1) Nine K26: Private Internet Access for Chromebook
Where can I find the link or the extension for using PIA on my Chromebook?
- (2020-04-14, v:2.1.1) Michael Finger: Breaks Github login
When this Extension is enabled, the GitHub login just says your browser did something unexpected. When disabled, it works fine.
- (2020-04-07, v:2.1.1) Tollis Hunt: breaks NI.com
this extension removes the ability to login to my national instruments account on NI.com. the links, or elements that hold links to sign in disappear as onlong as this extension is enabled, even if im not connected to a vpn.
- (2020-04-06, v:2.1.1) Brice Baker: answer
i don't see pia in my browser anymore
- (2020-04-03, v:2.1.1) joe smythe: how to change pia password in chrome
how to change pia password in chrome?
- (2020-04-02, v:2.1.1) Michael Murillo: google sign in issue
Hello, Your extension has somehow messed up google's sign-in capability for Atlassian.com and Gitlab.com. Other sites with google's sign-in feature seem to work ok. Even if I turn on the "Site access - on click" setting instead of the default allowed everywhere, googles sign-in still doesn't work.
- (2020-03-12, v:2.1.1) Tom Macak: Brave Browser
As of an hour ago the Chrome Extension on Brave browser keeps logging me out and shows an authentication error page. Any ideas?
- (2020-03-03, v:2.1.1) Aluca Lindstrom: Getting an error with PIA that the extension cannot be used
Private Internet Access cannot be used because another extension is controlling your browsers proxy settings this is the error message that I am receiving on my Chromebook. It is a managed device. I have Dashlane installed, Slack extension and only default GSuite extensions, Docs, Sheets, etc. Any assistance is appreciated.
- (2020-02-09, v:2.1.1) Scott Niermann: "Unknown issue" when I try to reinstall
My subscription just renewed. cannot get PIA to launch using my account/username and password. It is causing issues with other websites, but not sure why as they are safe. I need PIA to work!
- (2020-02-06, v:2.1.1) Юра Арендар: Extension blocked my webcam
Few days ago I found that all websites has no access to my webcam, in settings I see that webcam blocked by extension and I started turn it off until webcam started working. And it was this extension, can you solve this problem? or I need change some settings? I need my webcam and also I need your extension. thank you!
- (2020-01-29, v:2.1.1) Matthew Ulm: unable to connect
I have the app installed and no matter what I do, it stopped connecting. Now, even if I select "help" from the app, the website won't open.
- (2020-01-27, v:2.1.1) David van der Vyver: Log In
didnt receive a log in password
- (2020-01-05, v:2.1.1) Christopher Kuech: net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
Every website I attempt to visit shows this error. I cannot visit any sites. I have successfully logged in and connected to a region.
- (2020-01-05, v:2.1.1) Allen Hicks: DISABLE BUTTON!
Please add on/off ability so I can turn that extension off when I want it just like the mobile phone applications. Every VPN extension out there has an off button. It looks like you don't care about design. Yes, there are some cases when you need to turn every VPN connections off, not just the ones with the exclusions! Various reasons!
- (2019-12-30, v:2.1.1) Chris Hardewig: Are you ever going to update the extension?
Are you ever going to update the extension?
- (2019-12-11, v:2.1.1) Dennis Toll: Extension breaks some other Web sites
Like some others here, I too have seen certain web sites break or not function correctly when the PIA extension is enabled in Chrome on my Chromebook. Even if the extension is not actively running, even if it is just simple enabled in the Chrome extensions, I receive a message on some apps that one of my extensions is blocking a certain activity. Disabling the PIA extension allows the Web site to function normally. It is only a few sites, but enough that I just keep the PIA extension disabled. I use the Android App when I need to activate a VPN.
- (2019-12-02, v:2.1.1) Geoff Davis: Plugin breaks Newegg.com
When logged in to Newegg.com, various pages (eg https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/OrderHistory.aspx) break when the plugin is disabled even after https://secure.newegg.com is added to the exceptions list. It looks like the error is occurring on some adblock-tracking script when a 'bait' element is being removed (it looks like the js is the same as what's found here: https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/iQ-Tag-Management/Tracking-Ad-Blocker-Numbers-in-Google-Universal-Analytics/ta-p/14514). There are no issues when this extensions is disabled and I've tested this with only this extension enabled. As a side-note; why would the extension have any effect on the page's JS when its URL has been whitelisted?
- (2019-11-24, v:2.1.1) Kevin Cherry: Stadia doesnt work with plugin enabled
Just an FYI if i have the PIA plugin enabled (but not connected to a VPN) Stadia wont work on my Chromebook (Asus C302C). It sits at the checking connection. If i disable the plugin it starts working again. Love you guys ,keep up the good work. Sure you'll have this fixed in a bit. Let me know if you need anything else.
- (2019-09-06, v:2.1.1) Christopher A.: latency scanning
can you PLEASE make the continuous latency scanning for the fastest server an option that can be toggled? it's CONSTANTLY connecting to ALL PIA servers on port 8888 with a text file to check latency. If I specify what server to use, making it not 'automatically select', it shouldn't keep scanning all of them. can you please make this feature like the app?
- (2019-09-01, v:2.1.1) Daniel Dugan: No Region Selected/Calculating Latency is all I get.
N0 Region Selected/Calculating Latency is all I get, what do I do?
- (2019-08-10, v:2.1.1) be harde: vpn werkt niet
Ik heb zojuist voor een jaar vpn genomen, echter, mijn ip adres en andere gegevens blijven eenvoudig zichtbaar voor anderen. Hoe kan dit?
- (2019-06-27, v:2.1.1) Max Renke: ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
When I connect with the chrome extension, the proxy connection fails. When I connect with the desktop app and then the chrome extension, I am able to browse.
- (2019-05-29, v:2.1.1) Cardia Leo: after version update
after auto update the new version of PIA apps, browsing most of website is impossible. because it strips referer header. and involve with some privacy informations aliexpress.com(can't login), facebook.com(also), paypal.com,bitbucket.com and ton's of website which using Ajax or CSRF technologies. I think you should fix this bugs.
- (2019-05-26, v:2.1.1) Mark Andrew Frey: https://remotedesktop.google.com no longer works
I can no longer use Google's Remote Desktop unless I deactivate this extension. I used to be able to simply disconnect it but with your new (unwanted) always off feature that's really a bug, I can no longer do that. I am a paid PIA user but this sucks. I tried to put it in the whitelist (remotedesktop.google.com) but this has never worked for Google Remote Desktop. I could never use Remote Desktop with the extension connected and now I can't use it with the extension enabled at all. Fix this please or figure out what to put in the whitelist that will allow remote desktop to work.
- (2019-05-21, v:2.1.1) Steve G: Your Extension is completely crippling my ability to use chrome
Are you going to fix this anytime soon or do I have to find a new VPN provider? Why would you not add an option for connected and not connected, I can not use Mixer.com a game streaming website owned by Microsoft without either disabling options or disabling the extension, Now anytime want a VPN it's no longer a simple toggle, I have to go in, set options or enable the extension. Who actually thought this would be a good idea!
- (2019-05-20, v:2.1.1) Michael DiGregorio: Always active settings
Do you plan to add a setting to allow the user to control whether enabled settings remain active when not connected to a region? I've had the entire extension disabled since v2.1 came out, which makes it a pain to connect to a region when I want to. If you don't want to add it, fine. But please communicate what your intention is to your paying customers.
- (2019-05-15, v:2.1.0) Frank Pavlicek: Cannot Connect to Any Region
After update to latest version I can no longer connect to any PIA server in any region. I allowed the now even ridiculous and questionable access to browser history, etc.. I am paying for something I cannot use.