Quickly add and search tasks in Asana from any web page.
This official Asana Chrome Extension enables you to quickly add and search for Asana tasks from any webpage. From tasks and projects to conversations and notifications, Asana enables teams to move work from start to finish. It’s simple to get started, but powerful enough to run your entire business. QUICKLY ADD TASKS Add tasks to Asana from any webpage. Put tasks directly in any project. Quickly add a task description and assign to a teammate. Select the appropriate assignee from a dropdown menu. Input custom fields to your new tasks. Add the current URL as a task, so you can read articles later or share them with teammates. TRACK ALL OF YOUR WORK Create projects and assign tasks so everyone knows who's doing what, by when. Mange your task list and your teammates will see your progress. Track progress against your project goals at-a-glance. Search across all of your work to find the information you need quickly. COMMUNICATE IN ASANA Use conversations to make announcements to your team, ask a question in a project, or comment on a single task. Turn communication into action by create tasks directly from conversations. Get notifications in Inbox about only the projects, tasks, and conversations you’re following.
- (2023-04-19) Kyle Macey: Works well enough, but it'd be nice if I could click out of the dialogue to copy content (such as from an email) without closing the dialogue, forcing me to start filling out the task from the beginning again. Maybe also having templates for Gmail/GitHub/ZenDesk/etc for automatically creating tasks from the current page content.
- (2023-04-09) Samuel Arteaga: The extension is not working.
- (2023-03-30) Maher Chamma: Nice option to add tasks quickly. Would be great if we can tag multiple projects at the same time.
- (2023-02-03) Joe Fletcher: Easy way to add current webpages as tasks to Asana. I almost didn't install this based on all the comments saying it doesn't work, launches a new window, and doesn't add the URL. Not true. Maybe they are missing it, but there's a link icon in the popup. Just click it, and it adds the URL. I get that it's not automatic - but I guess it gives you the option to either add the URL or not.
- (2022-12-26) Wade Barrett: Opens a new window (instead of using the existing window) to add a task. Also, it doesn't automatically copy the website; you have to copy and paste it in.
- (2022-11-09) Bruno Habegger: Really, Asana. Shame on you!!!
- (2022-09-27) Cristian S.: it doesn't work. it's just a blank white window and it says "Cannot connect to Asana. Be sure you're logged in and connected." No buttons or options to fix it tho. I even went into the Asana desktop app and looked around for integrations, etc. couldn't find anything. I think this extension is broken.
- (2022-09-11) Paul: This add-on just stopped working and no one cares and responds to our requests to fix it
- (2022-07-19) Сергей Панфилов: Круто особенно это (правай кнопка и добавить выделенный текст в таск. А в описание подгружается ссылка на страницу с проблемой, задачей, заметкой https://disk.yandex.ru/i/eN4IuLrrDVCGDA
- (2022-07-18) Cebiso Mhlanga: Very limited use. You can only add tasks and can't manage existing tasks
- (2022-07-12) S Dreech: It doesn't actually add the URL of the site you are on to the task! Just pops up a blank task window so you can hand-write everything?!?!?! I'm baffled by the uselessness of this extension, what is the point? Just as useless as Asana's subtask feature. Ugh. HAAAAAATE
- (2022-06-06) Mike: All I get is a white box with a thing spinnging in the centre.
- (2022-03-31) JP Higgs: When I click on the extension icon, the drop down box is blank. Nothing will change or fix it. I tried for a while but eventually deleted it. I found that there are several broken links on their site as well as I was searching for solutions. Seems to me like Asana isn't being kept up anymore. Maybe they are going away.
- (2022-03-29) Kevin Albrecht: I've been using this extension for a long time, but it has broken recently :(
- (2022-03-21) Юра Коршунов: Добрый день! Подскажите пожалуйста, когда в Asana Chrome Extension появится новый функционал? Последнее обновление было примерно 2 года назад, не хватает многих функций. Добавьте пожалуйста следующие функции: 1. Сделать скриншот экрана в один клик прямо в Asana Chrome Extension 2. Избранные проекты, которые выбираются из списка (чтобы каждый раз не искать среди всех проектов) 3. Редактор для текста в описании задачи (жирный шрифт, нумерация, списки и т.д.) 4. Шаблоны задач
- (2022-01-13) Ruben Timmerman: It's just very slow (every time you open it, it takes 5 seconds or so), and doesn't offer a keyboard shortcut. Switching to a pinned tab with Asana open and doing tab-q is a lot faster...
- (2021-11-26) Mike Ivanov: very rudimentary plugin, total luck of any options, like "checkbox to add url automatically for each new task". But comments are useless these days, they all will dive down into enormous backlogs of asana just like any enterprise product and never reach the state of development. So it is a wasting time to spend time here making suggestions. Nobody goona read them except the poor guy who set to moderate reviews and "create positive outlook"
- (2021-11-22) Tracy Easter: It is not working for me.
- (2021-09-26) Imani Brown: Is this extension supposed to capture the URL automatically? It's not doing that for me, so its not very helpful at all.
- (2021-09-22) Parker Howell: No option to add screenshots/images?
- (2021-06-02) Randy Henry: Seems like a worthless extension based on the Overview that says you can do all these things, but you can't. You can only add tasks. Removed. QUICKLY ADD TASKS Add tasks to Asana from any webpage. Put tasks directly in any project. Quickly add a task description and assign to a teammate. Select the appropriate assignee from a dropdown menu. Input custom fields to your new tasks. Add the current URL as a task, so you can read articles later or share them with teammates. TRACK ALL OF YOUR WORK Create projects and assign tasks so everyone knows who's doing what, by when. Mange your task list and your teammates will see your progress. Track progress against your project goals at-a-glance. Search across all of your work to find the information you need quickly. COMMUNICATE IN ASANA Use conversations to make announcements to your team, ask a question in a project, or comment on a single task. Turn communication into action by create tasks directly from conversations. Get notifications in Inbox about only the projects, tasks, and conversations you’re following.
- (2021-05-05) Jonas Marx: Two problems here - It seems like the developers have no interest in reading our opinions at all... No comments on issues, afaik. But if the developers actually read this: Could you add a shortcut like ALT + A to open this extension? It should really be a small change for you - But for me and a lot of devs it is crucial functionality.
- (2021-04-15) Siddharth Gupta: blank pop up screen next to the icon. not working. tried many times. and will it also give reminders for timed events
- (2021-04-08) delilah deballsak: WORST SOFTWARE EVER! TAKES MORE TIME TO USE THAN DO THE TASKS. USEFUL TO SOCIOPATHIC BOSSES ONLY.
- (2021-02-01) Derrick Jones: This extension is great when it works, however, there seems to be a login issue. "Can not connect to Asana Be sure you're logged in and connected" Could it be the Brave Browser?
- (2021-01-21) Derrick Jones: This is a shame, I have had an awesome time with this extension. But not any more. Nothing left to do but uninstall. Cannot Connect to Asana Be sure you are logged in and connected. Cannot Connect to Asana Be sure you are logged in and connected. Cannot Connect to Asana Be sure you are logged in and connected. And before you ask... Yes, I am logged in.
- (2021-01-14) Randy Castleman: Was very useful but it stopped working recently
- (2020-11-18) josh wanner: Trying it out but it won't load for me
- (2020-08-16) Cedar Creek Collective: Very helpful and it's free!
- (2020-07-30) BlueStone Bookkeeping: Can't get it to work. Have uninstalled and reinstalled.. when I click on it, I just get a blank window. When I right-click options is grayed out.
- (2020-07-29) Miriam Geisinsky: Love that it seamlessly syncs with the Asana site. I would love to have a dropdown to-do list in the top righthand corner of my screen. Currently, all I can do is quickly create a task that updates Asana, but I want to see my tasks in the extension
- (2020-07-27) Gordon Freeman: It does not work. When I pushed an Asana icon on my google chrome I got an empty window and as a result of an I could not add any tasks to my asana account. Tech info: google chrome Version 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build), (64 bit)
- (2020-07-14) Zephan Wu: good
- (2020-03-27) MANDY DAY: I have thoroughly enjoyed using this app thus far and will definitely give more feedback - once I have used it for awhile.
- (2020-03-18) Isabel Reyna: Would be nice to do the following within the extension: - Review *existing* subtasks within a project - Check off completed projects or subtasks - Create subtasks within the Project Already having a hard time adopting Asana. This extension was supposed to facilitate that, but likely going to drop again and stay with my tried and true.
- (2020-02-19) Fabio David: Es muy práctico cuando estas en fase de investigación y desarrollo, lo único malo es que al cambiar la fecha limite de la tarea, no funciona bien. Se debe ingresar la fecha tipeando y al escribir el 0(cero) toma la fecha como asignada, genera cualquier fecha. Tal vez si al hacer click se desplegara un calendario en el que elegir dia mes y año progresivamente se solucionara.
- (2020-02-18) Daniel Mark Adsit: Handy but very buggy. Most recently, after creating the task, a popup appears to say that I don't have permission to access the project. However, despite this error, everything still gets created. Clearing all browsing data didn't help. Also, the extension randomly selects the default workspace so tasks get created in the wrong workspace often unless you remember to check.
- (2020-02-13) It's was great, but now after Add Task, it will not close the dialog, however the task is created. Can't trust it anymore, so can't use it anymore.
- (2020-02-13) yuehua liu: Good app！Can we have the default date to today?
- (2020-01-14) Patrick Hammer: I love the extension! Perfect to quickly drop a TODO into my Asana! Small feature wish: I have like 5 Asana's connected to my account and would love to be able to say which one is the default to be used by the extension.
- (2019-12-20) Rachel Williams: Doesn't work at all. When I click on the logo it just opens up a white box.
- (2019-11-27) Sahrita Wilson: Great product
- (2019-10-14) Hanna Spearman: I don't hate the extenstion because I can't, it's never actually loaded. Chrome is up to date, I've rebooted the browser and my computer. Not sure what the issue is. Unfortunate.
- (2019-09-23) Jeroen van Dijk: The loading time puts me off - it could exploit caching so one doesn't have to wait. Any necessary check could be done in the background while I can already start typing/thinking of what to extra info to add to the task.
- (2019-08-25) Denise D: I love Asana, but I am having trouble with using it to create tasks from websites. It gives me an error alert saying that I must sign in to my Asana, but I already am. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
- (2019-08-22) Олег Никитин: Не работает !!!
- (2019-08-09) Jacob Jurado: Works great!
- (2019-05-24) Daniel Iversen: Great extension. Helps me a lot to get tasks out of my head.
- (2019-05-07) Joyce Oh: The prompt for a one-star review is "hated it" when really, I'm selecting one-star as a representation of how non-functional the extension is. The only thing you can do with the extension is add-on tasks. It doesn't allow you look at remaining tasks for projects, etc, in an abbreviated form. I'm not understanding how something this basic is meant to be helpful for people, given the relative complexity of the projects for which people use Asana
- (2019-03-29) Alexandru Curtui: Unfortunately tasks aren't automatically assigned to a designated project.
3.3 (288 votes)
Last update / version
2023-05-12 / 2.0.16