Show the likes and dislikes bar over every video thumbnail in YouTube so that you can know its rating before watching it.
Welcome to Ratings Preview for Youtube™ How many times have you gone to a video only to discover that it's a total waste? Ratings Preview for YouTube™ allows you to take those few seconds of life you would have lost. Throughout all youtube.com, this extension shows a bar of likes and dislikes under every video snapshot, just like the official one. In this way, you can view the rating of the videos before watching the actual video, so that you can avoid garbage and spot amazing ones. Key features of Ratings Preview for YouTube™ ★ Uses YouTube's batch data API, resulting in a lightning fast loading of the bars (all of them at a time). ★ Has an integrated Adblocker (only on youtube) to save you even more time. ★ Offers free support. If something doesn't work, just contact us, and we will fix it. ★★★Newest Release★★★ We fixed some crucial bugs with the YouTube API so that Ratings Preview for YouTube™ performs as intended. Also the Design got a small update so now that Ratings Preview for YouTube™ looks even better and is easily understandable. We are also happy to announce that the newest release of ratings preview for youtube contains now an adblocker so your experience on youtube gets even better. PERMISSIONS The message shown by Google Chrome for the requested permissions are very far from the real needs of the extension, but Ratings Preview for YouTube™ requires them for the following reasons: * Access your tabs and browsing activity: this permission is required to show the configuration icon over the address bar when a tab enters in youtube.com. You can still hide the icon if you want. * Access your data on all websites: this is required for showing the related videos' rating bars inside the player when the video ends in the case of embedded videos. TRADEMARKS YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Ratings Preview is an independent project and has no relationship to YouTube or Google Inc.
- (2020-03-01) Isaac Garcia: Only works on some videos, also wish it showed the percentage of likes to dislikes instead of a bar that is inaccurate.
- (2020-02-28) gravity zero: 見やすい！！
- (2020-02-26) Filip Oščádal: THIS PLUGIN HAS BEEN SOLD TO A MALICIOUS ENTITY!!!
- (2020-02-25) Phil Jones: So far so good.
- (2020-02-25) Martin Smith: Works like a charm, thanks!
- (2020-02-25) Abdulrahman Alabdulkareem: ***WARNING TO ALL USERS, THIS EXTENSION HAS BECOME MALWARE*** ***INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK*** This extension advertises itself as a simple extension that shows rating previews for youtube. HOWEVER, after extensive testing using multiple different computers, I found out that this extension DOES MALICIOUS ACTIVITIES. The details of what it does is that it attempts to redirect URL search bars to directly link to a webpage after passing through they're ad referal links. Thus, they are abusing users for their own gain through a service that completely obfuscates what they are doing. This is NOT okay and is against google policy and is an invasion of the users privacy.
- (2020-02-24) VARNAMi: DO NOT DOWNLOAD! It is helpful on YouTube but adds a srvtrck virus on your browser. Which means it redirects you to random websites without asking. I know this because when I disabled it, the virus went away.
- (2020-02-23) Albin Berggren: Spyware. Sometimes redirects to http://r.srvtrck.com/
- (2020-02-20) Tom Cool: Helped me distinguish between good and bad java script tutorials, thanks to this i will be a better developer in the future!!!!!!!
- (2020-02-20) Cooles ding, macht genau das, was es soll!
- (2020-02-20) Victoria Wang: Gave it a shot and so far it works as intended, thanks for making my life at least a bit better.
- (2020-02-17) Tillmann Brodbeck: Used to work. Will update my rating if it works again, because I used to love it! Now it only works on a small subset of videos..
- (2020-02-17) Matthias Höbinger: I dont understand people complaining about this extension, it does what it claims to and nothing else, well done guys!
- (2020-02-17) Eugene Balfour: It randomly doesn't show the ratio for random videos, but other than that, it's great.
- (2020-02-16) Emmanuel Hmar: Beware. They inject malware/ad affiliate links on your searches. Used to be good.
- (2020-02-15) Alvar Hansen: Performs redirects to srvtrck.com
- (2020-02-15) Barry M: Good job, Google. Someone reported this (accurately) as infected with adware back in 2018. It's still available on your site.
- (2020-02-14) Mike Towne: Malware Had this extension forever, works well and whatnot, but at one point my google search got redirected to and admarketplace url (only to be stopped by adblock). searched around a bit and found a reddit post about how the source of this is the ratings preview extension. Uninstalled and it's gone. (reinstalled for 5 min just to post this review. now to look for an alternative or give up :( ....
- (2020-02-14) John Hay: Always works, great for determining if I want to watch a video without having to load it. 5/5
- (2020-02-13) Andreas Schroth: injects ads redirects to ad sites DO NOT INSTALL
- (2020-02-13) Hillary Clinton: Used to work, doesnt anymore. It gives the wrong ratings for videos. P.S. I uninstalled this extension and was brought to the page where I could give a review. Upon trying to give a review I had to reinstall it just to be allowed to post this. It will be re-deleted right after.
- (2020-02-13) Spacekillguy: Extension hijacks your search engine, which has nothing to do with the functionality of the extension. Slimy tactic used to trick users. AVOID THIS EXTENSION
- (2020-02-12) Laurenz: Used to be great. Now contains adware that reads everything you enter into the address bar and relays it via "grabasaving.com" to inject ads.
- (2020-02-09) modi X: Warning: This contains malware. It's not obvious and it seems not to be reproducible. I was often on a german hoster site called WebGo to make a decision for my next hosting and suddenly when I search for WebGo in the chrome search bar it was redirecting me directly to the dedicated host server through r.srvtrck.com and adcell.com to the dedicated server hosting offer page where things are 10 times more expensive. I'm not sure if the hoster is involved, but I suspect the author of this plugin is very shady and wants to earn some money this way. After disabling the extension it does not happen anymore, however on a new Google profile it won't appear, so I think this plugin tracks you until you visit a site that the author wants you to make a special deal through. I could stop this behavior by clicking on the icon of the extension when I was on YouTube and allowing it to operate ONLY on Youtube and I suggest you to do the same, if you don't want to be tracked.
- (2020-02-09) Nursyirwan Hanafi Iwan Banget: is the best
- (2020-02-25, v:6.3.1) Abdulrahman Alabdulkareem: This app is malware
***WARNING TO ALL USERS, THIS EXTENSION HAS BECOME MALWARE*** ***INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK*** This extension advertises itself as a simple extension that shows rating previews for youtube. HOWEVER, after extensive testing using multiple different computers, I found out that this extension DOES MALICIOUS ACTIVITIES. The details of what it does is that it attempts to redirect URL search bars to directly link to a webpage after passing through they're ad referal links. Thus, they are abusing users for their own gain through a service that completely obfuscates what they are doing. This is NOT okay and is against google policy and is an invasion of the users privacy.
- (2020-02-14, v:6.3.1) Thomas Cassady: Google search redirects?
Just started experiencing an issue where I enter text into the Chrome search bar but it redirects to the company's website after going through r.srvtrck.com. This looks shady and is not wanted behavior. I disabled extensions one by one and this appears to be the culprit. Also tried disabling everything and only enabling this which replicated the issue. I have no idea why this would just pop up though since this extension hasn't been updated recently. Steps I took to replicate: 1. Type "brandless" in address/search bar (just happened to be a company I was searching for) 1. Hit enter or select "brandless [google search]" in drop down predictions 1. Observe shady redirects to r.srvtrck.com 1. Redirects again to brandless.com Expected: Google results are shown Actual: redirected to r.srvtrck.com then to the actual brandless.com website I have a screen capture GIF of the issue in action if that would be helpful, let me know.
- (2020-02-03, v:6.3.1) Mohamed Oun: Checking the code
Hi! I love the extension, but I would like to customise it a bit for my use (I prefer seeing rating totals instead of just the ratio/%). is it possible to share the source with me so I can customise it for my personal use? Thank you!
- (2019-12-28, v:6.3.1) Kristian Heljas: Extension will overlay entire google search results in certain cases
Hello, When a result description includes a youtube link, the inserted ytrp_wrapper div will overlay entire google search result. For example, when i search for "parasite movie twitter", the scraped tweet in the result includes a youtube link, and everything is overlayed by ytrp_wrapper. I can provide photos, sources or any other info you might need, let me know! Right now I allowed the extension only on youtube site as a workaround.
- (2019-12-22, v:6.3.1) Thomas Orlita: Context menu bug
When I right-click on some pages, it shows an option "Rating previews for YouTube" and under it "Rating Previews setting" 20 times.
- (2019-12-07, v:6.3.1) Robert Bromberger: Ratings don't show up
There's this bug that showed up about a week ago, where there preview bar says there's no ratings on a video.
- (2019-12-05, v:6.3.1) monstercolorfun co: Doesn't work on YT scroll down pages
Hi there, I love your plugin and it has always worked fine, and in the last few days, YT has made it unreliable. For example here, when you scroll down the page: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=happy+dnb&sp=CAE%253D thanks have good parties this month!!! Ant
- (2018-05-29, v:6.1.2) Andrew Valish: Stopped Working
Doesn't look like the extension works with latest YouTube markup. Found in console logs: [Deprecation] Styling master document from stylesheets defined in HTML Imports is deprecated, and is planned to be removed in M67, around May 2018. Please refer to https://goo.gl/EGXzpw for possible migration paths.
- (2018-04-26, v:6.1.2) Rick van Hattem: Auto hide crappy videos?
Youtube seems to be adamant at recommending horrible videos with 2:1 upvote/downvote ratios. It would be great if this extension could auto hide/remove them for me. If the upvote/downvote ratio is below 3:1 (with more than 100 votes total) I'm not even interested.
- (2018-03-30, v:6.1.2) Zou Uuu: Rating compared to total view
I suggest having another bar (or change the actual bar in the options) as a comparison between total view and Likes. - Also:it could hepl to see how many viewed or liked this (like 1 millions could be 1 little red square in the corner, one thousand, one little yellow square ...)
- (2018-03-04, v:6.1.2) Gary King: Preview sometimes does not appear
I perform a search on YouTube, then rating previews appear on videos, as expected. But if I perform another search by changing the search term and hitting Enter, then previews don't appear on the new video results. I can reproduce this every time I perform these actions, in both Chrome and Firefox.
- (2018-02-28, v:6.1.2) CJ Kim: Preview has been broken for a few months
No preview since Youtube changed its layout a few months back. See picture for reference. http://puu.sh/zxFB2/84407bc5d3.png
- (2018-02-18, v:6.1.2) van de var var: ratings preview youtube for opera
ratings preview youtube for oper??? opera is best
- (2018-02-18, v:6.1.2) Christopher Chestnut: Causing issues with YouTube display on chrome
While this extension used to work great for me, now when I have this extension enabled youtube videos will not autoplay when i reach the desired video and there will be no other videos available on the screen. No errors in the console indicating something broke
- (2018-02-05, v:6.1.2) Scott Williams: Video Published Date
I really wish I could also see when the video was published. If the video is tech based, a great video published three years ago is obsolete in regards to all-so-many technologies, (i.e., autonomous robotics, LIDAR data sensing/retrieving/control, etc.). Is there a way to include that info in your preview?
- (2018-02-04, v:6.1.2) Breaks Imagus
I use the addon Imagus to see full size versions of thumbnails when I mouseover a video. However, when RPT is enabled, Imagus doesn't do anything. When I delete your div.ytrp-wrapper that you insert in the DOM, Imagus works correctly again. I'm not sure but I think your div is somehow blocking the mouseover event from being noticed by Imagus. I notice you have some code to propagate mouse events: "For new YouTube material design, propagate the mouse events for the video preview GIFs to work". I know this is probably very low priority for you, but do you think you could get RPT to play nicely with Imagus? My versions: RPT 6.1.2 Firefox 56.0 Imagus 0.9.8.60
- (2018-01-04, v:6.1.2) Potted Otter: Ratings sometimes display incorrectly.
Sometimes the bar indicates that a video has a lot of dislikes, when that isn't the case at all. Don't really know how I can describe this further, it speaks for itself really.