Show the likes and dislikes bar over every video thumbnail in YouTube so that you can know its rating before watching it.
- (2021-01-26) Isaias Baez: My youtube history stopped working on my PC and after a lot of testing I noticed that disabling Ratings Preview for YouTube resolves the issue. Noticed that it asks permission to ALL sites as well which is not part of the scope of this extension and is really shady. And noticing some reviews, it has been proven to do some weird forward to different sites as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbMHuNpOg2s Will uninstall and report abuse.
- (2021-01-23) JWho: It use to work, not it doesn't.
- (2021-01-20) Gábor Klement: How can I remove this from context menu?
- (2021-01-17) Achim: sadly doesnt work anymore
- (2021-01-12) jeff: Not only are there many creditable allegations of this extension redirecting users to sites for monetization, it only works about 20% of the time.
- (2021-01-10) OTÁVIO: Muito bom!!
- (2021-01-06) Venator: Nice.
- (2020-12-27) petróleo ff: rui
- (2020-12-26) Hannes Schröer: If activated youtube does not save my history anymore.
- (2020-12-25) None Ofyourbusiness: It doesnt work.
- (2020-12-21) Ryan McBride: This extension will randomly redirect you to shady URLs or Yahoo whenever you make a search. DO NOT USE THIS! Proof: https://superuser.com/questions/1538539/searches-in-chrome-omnibox-randomly-use-yahoo-instead-of-google
- (2020-12-20) Frank Photiadis: This saves me so much time. LOVE IT!
- (2020-12-11) Alan: Worked well for a long time, but no longer works.
- (2020-12-04) Jonathon High: Works brilliantly, but make sure you disable 'block ads' in the settings. Ended up blocking my browser from telling YouTube I'd watched a video and inadvertently broke my recommendations/homepage recommended videos.
- (2020-11-30) NHL stories.: best one
- (2020-11-26) Oliver Hind: Doesn't work for Brave
- (2020-11-26) Andrés Moreno: It disables the Watched History now when active. Not worth it. And others reviews say it is now malware. I believe it It was good once; not now.
- (2020-11-17) Pierre Brunet: This stopped my YouTube "watched" fonctionnality
- (2020-11-16) benjamin957957: Bug: When there are chapters for a YouTube video and I when I click to “View chapter” (near the video’s progress bar), there is a “Chapters” tab that appears beside the video on the right. On the bottom of the Chapters tab there is a ratings bar that shouldn’t be there. Because of that, I cannot scroll on the Chapters tab. I have disabled this extension and had no issues scrolling on the Chapters tab. I have tested this on the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL6a8dTeUXk
- (2020-11-02) Daniel C: Been using this for a long time. Works great.
- (2020-10-16) ja nas: veoma korisno
- (2020-10-15) Jack Tyler: Awful, basically adware at this point, constantly redirects my google searches to Yahoo. Get literally anything else.
- (2020-10-05) Luca Gentile: It´s quite useful, but it caused a bug in youtube videos: I was not able to skip ads anymore once this extension was enabled.
- (2020-09-21) Evo Revolt: Malware - redirects to Yahoo!
- (2020-09-20) Nico Wichmann: Redirects to Yahoo. Absolute trashy and sad that this was sold and now has adware. Shameful
- (2020-09-18) Yilun Zhou: spam https://superuser.com/questions/1538539/searches-in-chrome-omnibox-randomly-use-yahoo-instead-of-google
- (2020-09-18) Števo B: NEPOUZIVAJTE FUNKCIU BLOKOVANIA REKLAMY, DOJEBAVA TO PREHRAVANIE VIDEI
- (2020-09-17) Veneranda Moschetti: m i piace
- (2020-09-16) Mohit G: Redirects searches to Yahoo.
- (2020-09-14) Paul Czaban: This hijacks your searches and redirects them to yahoo.
- (2020-09-11) n ascentt: Heads up. This has a yahoo search web hijacker built in. (via search.securedwebsearch.com)
- (2020-09-10) benbit: It works great but it makes you randomly use yahoo or bing as your search engine which drove me nuts until I found out it was this extension
- (2020-09-09) Franziskus Primbs: MALWARE. BRINGT GOOGLE CHROME DAZU JEDE FÜNFTE SUCHANFRAGE PER YAHOO ZU MACHEN. Das ist einfach nur frech und erbärmlich.
- (2020-09-09) 良い鹿悪い鹿: it is legit expansion and it worked well but this thing prevents youtube from get a watch history from vids you watched. that is little bit disappointing
- (2020-09-08) Havoc Staff: doesn't work
- (2020-09-07) رفيعه الكثيري: تحت التجربة
- (2020-09-07) Leonardo Padovani: As of a few months ago, has been redirecting (some of) my searches to Yahoo instead of Google.
- (2020-09-05) Gintoki Sakata: Don't use this extension they have started to redirect search in new tab to yahoo. Search for a alternative.
- (2020-09-05) Ken Win Kok: This extension hijacks your address bar intermittently making it Yahoo search instead of google search.
- (2020-09-04) Stanley Wu: Seems to hijack my search engine, redirecting it to Yahoo and sometimes other more obscure search engines. I uninstalled all my extensions and only had redirects to Yahoo after I enabled this extension. Avoid downloading
- (2020-08-31) Rein Henrichs: This extension is now malware that hijacks searches. https://superuser.com/questions/1538539/searches-in-chrome-omnibox-randomly-use-yahoo-instead-of-google
- (2020-08-29) Alex M: I'm pretty sure I narrowed it down to this extension that's been the reason why my search changes to yahoo randomly.
- (2020-08-28) Nathan Olivares: Abuses your data. I caught it changing my search engine to yahoo, and who knows exactly how much more they were doing in the background.
- (2020-08-27) Kimiko Burke: Really helps find relevant vids :)
- (2020-08-27) W X: Extension is malware, redirects google.com searches to yahoo...
- (2020-08-26) Kalle Komulainen: Seems to be malware now adays, redirects my searches to yahoo and securedwebsearch.com rember to report !!!!
- (2020-08-25) BrandonH: Recent changes cause it to hijack your searching with tracking codes. Absolutely don't recommend it anymore and get an alternative
- (2020-08-22) JT JT: I loved it until they started to meddle with my web searches and redirecting me to Yahoo. GTHOH Ratings Preview! Please vote it as Helpful so that everyone is aware
- (2020-08-21) Andrew Harris: Is now adware which will randomly send your searches in chrome to Yahoo. Shame, because otherwise a good app. You can set the permissions to change site data on just Youtube.com, but I don't want to use something by a Dev who would do that in such a sneaky way.
- (2020-08-20) Joe Sullivan: Downloaded again just to write this review and let you know you are the scum of the earth. Been a loyal user for years and now you're gonna sneaky redirect me to yahoo? You are truly bottom feeders. Nobody uses yahoo for a reason. Don't get this extension. It's malware now.
- (2020-02-25, v:6.3.1) Abdulrahman Alabdulkareem: This app is malware
***WARNING TO ALL USERS, THIS EXTENSION HAS BECOME MALWARE*** ***INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK*** This extension advertises itself as a simple extension that shows rating previews for youtube. HOWEVER, after extensive testing using multiple different computers, I found out that this extension DOES MALICIOUS ACTIVITIES. The details of what it does is that it attempts to redirect URL search bars to directly link to a webpage after passing through they're ad referal links. Thus, they are abusing users for their own gain through a service that completely obfuscates what they are doing. This is NOT okay and is against google policy and is an invasion of the users privacy.
- (2020-02-14, v:6.3.1) Thomas Cassady: Google search redirects?
Just started experiencing an issue where I enter text into the Chrome search bar but it redirects to the company's website after going through r.srvtrck.com. This looks shady and is not wanted behavior. I disabled extensions one by one and this appears to be the culprit. Also tried disabling everything and only enabling this which replicated the issue. I have no idea why this would just pop up though since this extension hasn't been updated recently. Steps I took to replicate: 1. Type "brandless" in address/search bar (just happened to be a company I was searching for) 1. Hit enter or select "brandless [google search]" in drop down predictions 1. Observe shady redirects to r.srvtrck.com 1. Redirects again to brandless.com Expected: Google results are shown Actual: redirected to r.srvtrck.com then to the actual brandless.com website I have a screen capture GIF of the issue in action if that would be helpful, let me know.
- (2020-02-03, v:6.3.1) Mohamed Oun: Checking the code
Hi! I love the extension, but I would like to customise it a bit for my use (I prefer seeing rating totals instead of just the ratio/%). is it possible to share the source with me so I can customise it for my personal use? Thank you!
- (2019-12-28, v:6.3.1) Kristian Heljas: Extension will overlay entire google search results in certain cases
Hello, When a result description includes a youtube link, the inserted ytrp_wrapper div will overlay entire google search result. For example, when i search for "parasite movie twitter", the scraped tweet in the result includes a youtube link, and everything is overlayed by ytrp_wrapper. I can provide photos, sources or any other info you might need, let me know! Right now I allowed the extension only on youtube site as a workaround.
- (2019-12-22, v:6.3.1) Thomas Orlita: Context menu bug
When I right-click on some pages, it shows an option "Rating previews for YouTube" and under it "Rating Previews setting" 20 times.
- (2019-12-07, v:6.3.1) Robert Bromberger: Ratings don't show up
There's this bug that showed up about a week ago, where there preview bar says there's no ratings on a video.
- (2019-12-05, v:6.3.1) monstercolorfun co: Doesn't work on YT scroll down pages
Hi there, I love your plugin and it has always worked fine, and in the last few days, YT has made it unreliable. For example here, when you scroll down the page: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=happy+dnb&sp=CAE%253D thanks have good parties this month!!! Ant
- (2018-05-29, v:6.1.2) Andrew Valish: Stopped Working
Doesn't look like the extension works with latest YouTube markup. Found in console logs: [Deprecation] Styling master document from stylesheets defined in HTML Imports is deprecated, and is planned to be removed in M67, around May 2018. Please refer to https://goo.gl/EGXzpw for possible migration paths.
- (2018-04-26, v:6.1.2) Rick van Hattem: Auto hide crappy videos?
Youtube seems to be adamant at recommending horrible videos with 2:1 upvote/downvote ratios. It would be great if this extension could auto hide/remove them for me. If the upvote/downvote ratio is below 3:1 (with more than 100 votes total) I'm not even interested.
- (2018-03-30, v:6.1.2) Zou Uuu: Rating compared to total view
I suggest having another bar (or change the actual bar in the options) as a comparison between total view and Likes. - Also:it could hepl to see how many viewed or liked this (like 1 millions could be 1 little red square in the corner, one thousand, one little yellow square ...)
- (2018-03-04, v:6.1.2) Gary King: Preview sometimes does not appear
I perform a search on YouTube, then rating previews appear on videos, as expected. But if I perform another search by changing the search term and hitting Enter, then previews don't appear on the new video results. I can reproduce this every time I perform these actions, in both Chrome and Firefox.
- (2018-02-28, v:6.1.2) CJ Kim: Preview has been broken for a few months
No preview since Youtube changed its layout a few months back. See picture for reference. http://puu.sh/zxFB2/84407bc5d3.png
- (2018-02-18, v:6.1.2) van de var var: ratings preview youtube for opera
ratings preview youtube for oper??? opera is best
- (2018-02-18, v:6.1.2) Christopher Chestnut: Causing issues with YouTube display on chrome
While this extension used to work great for me, now when I have this extension enabled youtube videos will not autoplay when i reach the desired video and there will be no other videos available on the screen. No errors in the console indicating something broke
- (2018-02-05, v:6.1.2) Scott Williams: Video Published Date
I really wish I could also see when the video was published. If the video is tech based, a great video published three years ago is obsolete in regards to all-so-many technologies, (i.e., autonomous robotics, LIDAR data sensing/retrieving/control, etc.). Is there a way to include that info in your preview?
- (2018-02-04, v:6.1.2) Breaks Imagus
I use the addon Imagus to see full size versions of thumbnails when I mouseover a video. However, when RPT is enabled, Imagus doesn't do anything. When I delete your div.ytrp-wrapper that you insert in the DOM, Imagus works correctly again. I'm not sure but I think your div is somehow blocking the mouseover event from being noticed by Imagus. I notice you have some code to propagate mouse events: "For new YouTube material design, propagate the mouse events for the video preview GIFs to work". I know this is probably very low priority for you, but do you think you could get RPT to play nicely with Imagus? My versions: RPT 6.1.2 Firefox 56.0 Imagus 0.9.8.60
- (2018-01-04, v:6.1.2) Potted Otter: Ratings sometimes display incorrectly.
Sometimes the bar indicates that a video has a lot of dislikes, when that isn't the case at all. Don't really know how I can describe this further, it speaks for itself really.