Show the likes and dislikes bar over every video thumbnail in YouTube so that you can know its rating before watching it.
★★★★★ More than 100,000 active users and an average rating of 5 stars. How many times have you gone to a video only to discover that it's a total waste? Ratings Preview for YouTube™ allows you to take those few seconds of life you would have lost. Throughout all youtube.com, this extension shows a bar of likes and dislikes under every video snapshot, just like the official one. In this way, you can view the rating of the videos before watching the actual video, so that you can avoid garbage and spot amazing ones. Key features: ★ Ratings Preview for YouTube™ Uses YouTube's batch data API, resulting in a lightning fast loading of the bars (all of them at a time). ★ Ratings Preview for YouTube™ has customizable rating bar height. ★ Ratings Preview for YouTube™ lets you choose between the classic green-red or the modern blue-gray bar styles. ★ Ratings Preview for YouTube™ highlight best videos in every page with a box around them. You choose how many, or you can also disable it. ★ Ratings Preview for YouTube™ optionally show RP score, which rates every video with an intelligent algorithm from 0 to 10. ★ Ratings Preview for YouTube™ offers free support is included. If something doesn't work, just tell me, and I will fix it. ★★★Newest Release★★★ We fixed some crucial bugs with the youtube API so that Ratings Preview for YouTube™ performs as intended. Also the Design got a small update so now that Ratings Preview for YouTube™ looks even better and is easier understandable. ——————————————————— OTHER PLATFORMS ——————————————————— • Firefox version: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/youtube-ratings-preview/ ———————————————————— PERMISSIONS ———————————————————— The message shown by Google Chrome for the requested permissions are very far from the real needs of the extension, but Ratings Preview for YouTube™ requires them for the following reasons: • Access your tabs and browsing activity: this permission is required to show the configuration icon over the address bar when a tab enters in youtube.com. You can still hide the icon if you want. • Access your data on all websites: this is required for showing the related videos' rating bars inside the player when the video ends in the case of embedded videos. ———————————————————— TRADEMARKS ———————————————————— YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Ratings Preview is an independent project developed by René Winterberg and has no relationship to YouTube or Google Inc.
- (2019-12-09) Nathan H: This extension used to be great when it worked... Now not only does it no longer work but it has become adware! Permanent 1 star rating from me. There is no way to redeem yourself from becoming adware.
- (2019-12-08) Darío Oñate: Love this extension, I hope it can be fixed soon. It's not working.
- (2019-12-08) Rachel Yordán: Malware, uninstall
- (2019-12-07) Abdussamed şanaral: çok güzel
- (2019-12-06) Erlend Staavi: works sometimes, but lately it mostly dont show anything at all, OR shows the wrong amount of likes and dislikes. often with a gap of white between them so you cant know for sure. has worked fine previously
- (2019-12-06) Christopher Zhou: Used to work well, now it doesn't work at all. Don't install
- (2019-12-04) 葉志建: 012 11
- (2019-12-03) Sven R.: Wenn es funktioniert, ist es genial! Funktioniert nur leider seit Wochen nicht mehr...
- (2019-12-03) Shaun Collier: It hijacked my search engines to gain affiliate money. Keep this in mind before using this extension. That's bad enough without your consent, but who knows what other malicious actions an extension like this can perform? Is it worth it? I don't think so.
- (2019-12-02) 金沢勇: シンプルでとてもいいです。
- (2019-12-02) Daniel Hyndman: Used to be awesome, now it's broken.
- (2019-11-29) J K: Edit 2: No longer works, YET AGAIN. Edit: Now it works! Used to work great, but is no longer working.
- (2019-11-28) Cristofe: Great, very useful
- (2019-11-27) Thomas Orlita: It just started showing ratings also in Google Search, that's really cool!
- (2019-11-26) Mircea S: doesnt work
- (2019-11-21) Harry TM: I like the extension when it works, sometimes it works, but many times it doesn't, and it's kind of irritating. I am the only who is facing this problem?
- (2019-11-17) Drox mc: Hasn't worked for months
- (2019-11-13) RJ: Not Working!
- (2019-11-12) Amin Najmi: It's good concept but it doesn't work every time I open youtube
- (2019-11-11) Jason Straight: DO NOT TRUST!: Started getting ad injections today. Found a reddit post that pointed me to this addon no longer being trustworthy. I removed it and no longer get redirects. Look at the permissions this extension requires - on all sites.
- (2019-11-10) Paul Goux: Pages have to be refreshed to fetch ratings, and if browsing a scroll-able video page the previews only appear for the first set of videos.
- (2019-11-08) Arch A.ziz: جميل جدا ..اوصي به
- (2019-11-06) Binky Stalls: WARNING! If you're watching any video from a playlist and have noticed lag and crashes. It is because of this extension.
- (2019-11-06) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Only rating bar extension that shows ratings bars on google search mainsite, BUT often doesn't show rating bars on video thumbnails of the sidebar videos on youtube video pages.
- (2019-11-01) Th During: Does even moan advertised. Just install it and go for a settings spin. :)
- (2019-12-07, v:6.3.1) Robert Bromberger: Ratings don't show up
There's this bug that showed up about a week ago, where there preview bar says there's no ratings on a video.
- (2019-12-05, v:6.3.1) monstercolorfun co: Doesn't work on YT scroll down pages
Hi there, I love your plugin and it has always worked fine, and in the last few days, YT has made it unreliable. For example here, when you scroll down the page: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=happy+dnb&sp=CAE%253D thanks have good parties this month!!! Ant
- (2018-05-29, v:6.1.2) Andrew Valish: Stopped Working
Doesn't look like the extension works with latest YouTube markup. Found in console logs: [Deprecation] Styling master document from stylesheets defined in HTML Imports is deprecated, and is planned to be removed in M67, around May 2018. Please refer to https://goo.gl/EGXzpw for possible migration paths.
- (2018-04-26, v:6.1.2) Rick van Hattem: Auto hide crappy videos?
Youtube seems to be adamant at recommending horrible videos with 2:1 upvote/downvote ratios. It would be great if this extension could auto hide/remove them for me. If the upvote/downvote ratio is below 3:1 (with more than 100 votes total) I'm not even interested.
- (2018-03-30, v:6.1.2) Zou Uuu: Rating compared to total view
I suggest having another bar (or change the actual bar in the options) as a comparison between total view and Likes. - Also:it could hepl to see how many viewed or liked this (like 1 millions could be 1 little red square in the corner, one thousand, one little yellow square ...)
- (2018-03-04, v:6.1.2) Gary King: Preview sometimes does not appear
I perform a search on YouTube, then rating previews appear on videos, as expected. But if I perform another search by changing the search term and hitting Enter, then previews don't appear on the new video results. I can reproduce this every time I perform these actions, in both Chrome and Firefox.
- (2018-02-28, v:6.1.2) CJ Kim: Preview has been broken for a few months
No preview since Youtube changed its layout a few months back. See picture for reference. http://puu.sh/zxFB2/84407bc5d3.png
- (2018-02-18, v:6.1.2) van de var var: ratings preview youtube for opera
ratings preview youtube for oper??? opera is best
- (2018-02-18, v:6.1.2) Christopher Chestnut: Causing issues with YouTube display on chrome
While this extension used to work great for me, now when I have this extension enabled youtube videos will not autoplay when i reach the desired video and there will be no other videos available on the screen. No errors in the console indicating something broke
- (2018-02-05, v:6.1.2) Scott Williams: Video Published Date
I really wish I could also see when the video was published. If the video is tech based, a great video published three years ago is obsolete in regards to all-so-many technologies, (i.e., autonomous robotics, LIDAR data sensing/retrieving/control, etc.). Is there a way to include that info in your preview?
- (2018-02-04, v:6.1.2) Breaks Imagus
I use the addon Imagus to see full size versions of thumbnails when I mouseover a video. However, when RPT is enabled, Imagus doesn't do anything. When I delete your div.ytrp-wrapper that you insert in the DOM, Imagus works correctly again. I'm not sure but I think your div is somehow blocking the mouseover event from being noticed by Imagus. I notice you have some code to propagate mouse events: "For new YouTube material design, propagate the mouse events for the video preview GIFs to work". I know this is probably very low priority for you, but do you think you could get RPT to play nicely with Imagus? My versions: RPT 6.1.2 Firefox 56.0 Imagus 0.9.8.60
- (2018-01-04, v:6.1.2) Potted Otter: Ratings sometimes display incorrectly.
Sometimes the bar indicates that a video has a lot of dislikes, when that isn't the case at all. Don't really know how I can describe this further, it speaks for itself really.