Write your email in Markdown, then make it pretty.
Markdown Here lets you write email in Markdown and render it (make it pretty!) before sending. This is great for anyone who doesn't like fiddling around with formatting buttons while writing an email. It's especially good for programmers who write email with code in them -- it even supports syntax highlighting. And for the mathematicians among us: Markdown Here will render TeX formulae as well. Totally simple to use: 1. Write your email in your email client's rich editor using Github-flavoured Markdown. 2. Right-click in the compose area and then click "Markdown Toggle". 3. Your email is now pretty! (That is, it's been rendered to HTML.) 4. If you like the way it looks, just send it. If you want to change or add something, click "Markdown Toggle" again to get back to your original Markdown. 5. Repeat as necessary. Markdown Here is primarily targeted to work with Gmail and Thunderbird, but it also works pretty well with Yahoo and Hotmail. Additionally, it works great with Google Groups and Sites, Evernote's web interface, Blogger, Wordpress, and more! Syntax highlighting note: Use fenced code blocks and specify the language name. See the project page for an example. Privacy: Markdown Here accesses and modifies web content when you activate it. It can, in theory, access other web content, but does not. It also makes no Internet requests whatsoever. Your data is modified when and where you choose, and does not leave your browser. Available as a Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Thunderbird extension. This is an open source project. Visit Markdown Here's Github page for full instructions, more information, bug reports, or to contribute. http://markdown-here.com https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here
- (2019-10-08) 片桐健一: 最高だ
- (2019-10-08) Bugu Jiang: awesome
- (2019-09-02) Carlos Antonio Pinzón: I liked it a lot. However, toggling moves the pointer to the beginning of the message, and therefore, it becomes annoying to switch back and forth between edition and preview.
- (2019-07-11) Filip Filmar: Sadly this extension stopped working in gmail quite some time ago, and has not recovered ever for me. Reporting a bug on the github site gives me assurances that I should just reinstall and all will work again, but that is simply not the case. What to do?
- (2019-06-09) 曾晓灿: 没反应了 evernote
- (2019-05-31) Baggio Baggio: 只能用完美来形容
- (2019-05-16) Stephen S: There are no words to discribe how this has changed my life. It looks so much cooler now than before just like my emails.
- (2019-05-13) 张逸帆: Perfect experience.
- (2019-03-16) Davy Zeng: nice
- (2019-02-20) Eliver Lara: Awesome
- (2019-01-09) Tuấn Lê Công: Nice tool ;)
- (2018-09-28) torn T: google浏览器更新后，插件不兼容新版本了，希望改进
- (2018-09-28) 贾晨: 好是很好，但现在貌似不支持微信公众平台了，不能转换。。。。
- (2018-08-29) Xi Lu: it is great! thanks to the developer
- (2018-08-13) 陆乐: 非常有效!
- (2018-07-28) Tudor Achim: Fantastic extension -- it's feature complete, doesn't broadcast your data to a third party, and is open source so can be audited. I use it multiple times per day.
- (2018-07-03) bx he: i enjoyed this extension
- (2018-06-11) Jeremy Hettenhouser: Worked as designed for me.
- (2018-05-17) 何如当初莫相识: 牛逼
- (2018-05-01) 汪焱鑫: 在印象笔记的网页版，写markdown代码，然后点击右上角的markdown here图标 没反应啊是不是我的姿势不对？
- (2018-04-27) Andre Telfer: This should just be a part of gmail. After reading the other reviews, I'm going to disable it when offline.
- (2018-04-24) Yao Zuo: Doesn't work anymore.
- (2018-04-24) apps. CatFish: 旧バージョンのGoogleサイトで使うと最高です。 あのまだるっこしい編集から解放されてサービス自体が生き返ります。 Googleサイト側の機能で目次もつけられるので文句ないです。
- (2018-04-19) Quinton Ashley: doesn't work anymore
- (2018-04-18) Bran Young: 好几年没有更新依然这么还用！ 要是更新一下还了得？
- (2019-05-14, v:2.12.0) Stephen S: The keyboard shortcut doesn't work in Gmail. Any way to use our own with an option?
Keyboard shortcut doesn't work in Gmail
- (2019-03-01, v:2.12.0) Rubén Fernández: Support for Gmail
Hi there! The extension looks awesome, but it doesn't seem to work on Gmail. Any update on if/when it would be supported? Thanks a lot! Ruben
- (2018-11-03, v:2.12.0) High CPU use when idle on multiple Chromebook/Chromebox devices
On multiple Chromebook/Chromebox machines, including my Pixelbook and my Acer CXI3 Chromebox, I'm seeing high CPU use at times I'm not making use of the extension. It has caused my Pixelbook battery to last less than half as long as usual. Once I disable only this extension, the CPU usage goes way down and the battery lasts the usual long time.
- (2018-03-31, v:2.12.0) Bonnie Cannon Subey: check boxes
Hi, does this support creation of check (tick) boxes? I tried but it doesn't seem to work, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong. If not, can you please add that features? It's what I really need it for, thanks!
- (2018-02-16, v:2.12.0) Larry Cushing: Question
would you show me what a firefox email address looks like?
- (2018-01-05, v:2.12.0) Alexander Krivács Schrøder: Does not handle URL with parentheses
If you try to do e.g. [testlink](http://example.com/test(1).html), it will make the url only work up until the closing parentheses (i.e. "http://example.com/test(1" and place the remainder of the URL after the rendered link, leaving the rendered text as "testlink).html"
- (2017-07-24, v:2.12.0) Yu Lei: Email become unreasonable large
In some online mails, the email becomes unreasonable large. In several mail loops with markdowned texts, a email becomes like 30MiB, which cause the edit window slow and taking long time to send.
- (2017-07-16, v:2.12.0) Baki Stuttgart Killuminati: memory problem, and never monetize your product.
you already have memory problem, please fix it, or let us do it and since this is lame enough dont trust fulltime nerds who try to rip your money. thank you.
- (2017-04-24, v:2.12.0) 康上明学: Style Profile Selection Support
Hi Adam, I'm really enjoy this extension. It saved my life. I'm using it on several scenarios. It's better to have style selection feature, which allows me to choice proper style for particular scenarios. Thank you very much,
- (2017-04-19, v:2.12.0) Rico Picone: chrome helper 100% cpu
macOS Sierra Chrome 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) Markdown Here 2.12.0 had to disable, 100% cpu with no tabs open