Control speed of the youtube playback using keyboard. Press '+' to increase and '-' to decrease the playback speed.
Youtube playback speed increase or decrease is just a mouse click or keyboard button away. Get more out of Youtube and control speed of youtube video easily either by clicking the speed overlay button on the top right hand corner or just keyboard button '+' and '-'. Keyboard button are configurable and if you want to use different key, you can change this default keys from settings tab. With HTML5 Video playback on YouTube, you can speed up and slow down the currently watching videos. I loved this feature. But still it was too many mouse clicks for me. So, this extension was created to control the playback speed using keyboard. Press '+' to increase the playback speed and '-' to decrease the playback speed. If '+' and '-' keys are already used by other extension or you want to use different key, you can change this default keys from settings tab. This extension even works for the HTML5 YouTube player embedded in other website. Make sure that the player is in focus. A website can embed multiple YouTube player and the keyboard shortcuts will effect the currently playing one. Everything works no change needed. Please check extension options for more setting options. You can change playback rate increment from default 0.25 to any desired increment. ★ Youtube Playback Speed Control - Version 0.0.5 - Added an option to disable Shift+MouseScroll combination. - Shows the speed control for 300 millisecond when the speed is changed. ★ Youtube Playback Speed Control - Version 0.0.4 - Added a reset playback speed to 1x feature. By default it's '*', but user can change. Clicking the playback rate display also reset to 1x. - Added increase or decrease of playback speed using Shift+MouseScroll combination. - Added 'Up Arrow' and 'Down Arrow' to key options (Request from user). ★ Youtube Playback Speed Control - Version 0.0.3 - Made extension more stable. The extension successfully loads every time now (unlike its predecessor where CTRL+F5 was needed sometime) - Fixed the bug with playlist not advancing to next video. - Fixed the bug of comments not loading sometime. - Made the extension work with embedded videos almost all the time. - Supports user defined playback rate increment that user can set from settings. - Added more speed options. Supports higher playback rate. Note: Sound will not work for higher than 4x. ★ Youtube Playback Speed Control - Version 0.0.2 - Updated to a user friendly display of the playback rate and added increase/decrease button. - Fixed the bug of '+' and '-' buttons located next to backspace not working. Only the '+' and '-' buttons of Numeric keypad was working. - Added various mode of playback rate display (Always, Hide/Show, Simple and None). ★ Youtube Playback Speed Control - Version 0.0.1 - Basic functionality of changing youtube playback rate using keyboard.
- (2020-01-25) Kiswono Prayogo: one that works well
- (2020-01-25) Tommy Räjert: I use this extension every day and it works wonders! Plus-points for speeding up ads on videos too!
- (2020-01-15) Blaise Allard: pitch 0.01 for musician, perfeeeeeeeeect
- (2020-01-14) Роман Ветров: Просто легкое расширение, которое помогает сделать скорость воспроизведения более 2. Именно это мне и нужно было. Рекомендую!
- (2020-01-11) Ivan Feng: It was so amazingly convenient to use. However, I then realized on my second installation that it has permission to read my entire browser history and possibly sells my data off. The browser built by Avast Antivirus will straight-up block this extension. It is then possibly even a security breach. Why would a Youtube speed modifier that essentially implements Ctrl+Shift+J, Ctrl+V document.getElementsByTagName("video").playbackRate = 3 (3 being the speed you want) need to read my history?? The high reviews for this extension is unrepresentative of its true low value, as Chrome Web Store prevents you from reviewing a product unless you have it installed. Those who walked away the instant they saw its risky permissions have no say in how this extension is bad. Will delete this review if I found that this extension no longer requires a browser history reading permission.
- (2020-01-03) Matheus Carneiro: Great extension! I used to have Enhancer for YouTube for this specific feature but this made my life easier and my browser lighter. Although there's one thing I'd like to request: in full screen mode, the speed playback panel should also be hidden like it is in normal mode. It's a bit distracting seeing the thing constantly there when I'm not using it, but otherwise no complaints!
- (2019-12-16) John Green: I can NEVER watch a YTP without this extension. If you want to change the Tempo of the video past 2x and not the pitch of the video. You'll DEFINITELY find what you're looking for here!
- (2019-12-15) Chuck B: Fonctionne très bien et permet d'aller au delà de la vitesse maxi X2 de Youtube qui restait trop lente.
- (2019-12-14) 0123vegeta a: Does what it says. Hope it can do it on all sites. gonna test it now
- (2019-12-09) Laura Timmel: Fantastic! Now I can speed up or slow down videos in very small increments if I find something just slightly too slow or too fast--not possible with YouTube's default speeds. (Also a nice way to speed through ads. XD)
- (2019-12-07) **: Works great, customizable keyboard shortcuts & speed step increments, doesn't mess up other webpages (like some HTML5 video speed controllers), doesn't seem to hog resources, what's not to like? Developers: Please keep it working well! Don't bloat it with bugs & unnecessary "features," Keep It Simple Sparky!
- (2019-11-28) Sivert Berge: It works great, and I love that you can customize which hotkeys to use.
- (2019-11-27) Radek Ciągło: This very simple and very usefull extention. Work as expected
- (2019-11-26) Buse Polat: müthiş
- (2019-11-26) DM OR: best ext for me. im pumpin info faster
- (2019-11-10) Aleksandar Mitov: Works great! Easily the best and most useful extension for Chrome I've used. 5 stars!
- (2019-11-09) anthony pucci: Great app, but i wish it would work on other websites (such as Khan Academy)
- (2019-11-08) Николай: Шикарное расширение, пользуюсь очень давно, но с недавнего времени, само стало скорость скорость просмотра :)
- (2019-11-06) Ryoko227: Works as it says, turn it on, open a youtube video, plus or minus and boom, profit!
- (2019-11-05) Andrey Rumak: Спасибо, ребята. Без этого расширения теперь жить сложно)
- (2019-11-05) Lee Xaree: Please use square brackets (`[` & `]`) to control speed for default. Other shortcuts are conflicted to youtube hotkeys.
- (2019-10-31) Bekzod Kosimov: ♥♥♥♥
- (2019-10-20) Nikos Katsikanis: One of the obligatory ext out there!
- (2019-10-18) Suf Lau: Cool. Can play even beyond 2X
- (2019-10-12) Daniel Nevo: This extension works perfectly. Doesn't conflict with browser zoom. Doesn't Lag. Has settings that all function correctly. Can't fathom why people complain about it not having additional features. Perhaps this is more resource extensive which would explain issues other people have. All in all, thank you for the extension and to everyone else, give it a try!
- (2019-12-18, v:0.0.5) Kornelije Kovac: Speed step
Does it only work in 0.25 steps?
- (2019-09-04, v:0.0.5) randyb isme: permissions
hi, Why does this extension need access to full browser history?
- (2019-08-24, v:0.0.5) f4b!3N A-m0Nt: needs shortcut key change support
Could not successfully save custom shortcut keys '<' and '>' for slower and faster. Great otherwise!
- (2019-08-20, v:0.0.5) Siavosh Aghassy: Does this work on linux?
For some reason this has never worked for me on linux. Windows works perfectly fine.
- (2019-08-08, v:0.0.5) Erick Paquin: shortcut assigned for speed up and down are not taken into account and reset to "0".
For now I am using the overlay to switch the speeds, which is great nonetheless. But whenever I try to assign shortcuts (up arrow for speed up, down arrow for speed down) it doesn't work and most of all, all these settings go back to number 0 when I go back. Tried restarting the browser (latest chrome on windows 10) but nothing changed. Just letting you know. Cheers, Erick P.
- (2019-06-30, v:0.0.5) Maik Hannemann: Position of the on-screen-controls
When youtube minifies the youtube video the controls of the extension overlay with the "press x to close" button from youtube. It would be amazing if there was a simple option to chose the position of the on-screen-controls.
- (2019-06-21, v:0.0.5) Zorn Taov: Blacklist user selected sites
Having this on and forgetting about it causes video syncing sites like cytube to freak out, as every 5 seconds the video suddenly jumps backwards to stay in pace with everyone else watching, as cytube does it's syncing every 5 seconds.
- (2019-06-19, v:0.0.5) Alexey Zapara: Darker Reader does not work correctly with your extension.
The back arrow is on the next line. The sample image was added as a url link. https://pasteboard.co/Ik6YnKK.png
- (2019-06-06, v:0.0.5) 章猫文Melvin: Preset speed for different Youtube channels
Hi, is it possible to have a feature where I can have preset speed for different Youtube channels ?
- (2019-05-21, v:0.0.5) Harrison Dietrich: Question
Is it possible when im speeding up the video could i change the pitch?
- (2019-05-15, v:0.0.5) Ion Storland: Change position of speed control sign
Hi, I would appreciate if next version will have the choice of changing the position of control bar from right up corner to left up corner. Regards