Track time from Chrome and within popular project management tools.
Track time from Chrome and within popular project management tools. Harvest Overview Harvest is a beloved time tracking application trusted by creative professionals and teams in over 100 countries worldwide. Easily track time from the desktop app, web, Basecamp, Trello, GitHub, or your mobile device. Drill down into visual reports to keep track of project budgets, and make smarter decisions for your business. Track time in Google Chrome™ Conveniently start and stop timers from your browser and get to work. Whether you're digging through emails or having an online meeting with your team, your timer is just a click away with Harvest for Chrome. Bring time tracking into popular web apps Enjoy an enhanced time tracking experience for today's most popular project management tools. When using Basecamp or Trello in Chrome, you will see an option to start timers on any todo items or cards. In GitHub, you can track time on issues or pull requests. It's as if time tracking is built right in. Gain insights into your projects Turn tracked time into insightful Harvest reports. Time-based reporting provides accurate project budget reports, staff reports, and more. Youʼll gain insights about where projects stand without any surprises. If you’re having difficulty seeing timers or tracking time to Harvest, please contact us at [email protected]
- (2020-02-17) Fredrik Sundmyhr: Works great.
- (2019-12-30) Chuck Adams: It does the job, but it's pretty basic. Navigating the dropdowns is annoying even with a few projects. A "recently used" list would make that better. Takes a while when starting/stopping for the button color to actually change.
- (2019-07-26) Tomasz Banas: Harvest came up with the extension and is not doing anything to add new functionalities. There is no even integration with Gmail. Harvest could learn a lot from a company like ClickUp, where they listen to their community and collaborate with them, finding ways to build a better product.
- (2019-07-02) Mark Hayes: Does not work at all, hit the button and will not even start
- (2019-06-04) Oleg Putilin: Not logging source url as external reference
- (2019-04-09) Luo Gang: Works great. But there is one problem bothers me a lot. It doesn't support emojis in the issue title, the whole title will be trimmed if it starts with an emoji
- (2019-03-28) While the Microsoft Store App is good, the Chrome Extension seems like a very careless effort. The interface is outdated with 3D buttons, there's only one task that is visible in the list, and the only option you have is to stop the timer of the shown task! Once you stop the timer the orange Harvest extension icon grays out, and then when you click on the extension icon again, it gives you a new option to create a new task or duplicate one of your older tasks from before. The funny thing is once the timer to start again with one of the older tasks from the list, the time starts from 0:00 and not from where we'd left off, thereby actually duplicating the task (as a new one) which gets reflected in the Web and App interfaces.
- (2019-02-05) Can't sign in - the buttons are broken (clicking on them does nothing).
- (2019-01-13) Jessa Green: I love Harvest the software for invoicing, however this Chrome extension is useless. I've just now sent a support ticket to them for a resolution, but even after uninstalling/reinstalling the Chrome extension, it is completely non-functional. I cannot click on any of the buttons or drop-downs, cannot enter notes, buttons to start/stop the timer don't work. It's completely dead.
- (2018-10-24) Paul Brooker: Doesn't really work. Can't even sign in or activate it. Just dead buttons
- (2018-02-14) Can only track 1 task at a time. A list of all tasks with a play/pause would be convenient.
- (2018-01-22) Jill Moore: I use this daily and, aside from a few quirks, it works great. My only request would be to add a "recent categories" list. I only use a handful, but my company has hundreds of categories and subcategories, and it's a pain having to search through them all every time I switch. Even with the search functionality, it takes longer than it should.
- (2017-10-30) Katie Hill: Would be great if it could flash or give me a notification at the end of every hour to remind me to add my tasks for the hour just gone.
- (2017-07-25) Evan Frederickson: The extension only shows the running timer or the drop down to select a timer. If you have already started and paused timers for any given day, you can't choose a paused timer without visiting your time sheet. This defeats the convenience of the extension. Since I still need to open my time sheet in a browser window to restart a timer. I have a shortcut that does that.
- (2017-06-20) Jim Morris: I've used Harvest for years. Sadly, the integration with Basecamp 3 is now broken. How hard can it be for Harvest to update their API integration with Basecamp. An essential tool and essential integration seems to be simply dropped. Not what I expected from Harvest that has been topnotch until now.
- (2017-05-25) Tim Stevenson: We used Harvest for a number of years when we had Basecamp 2. Unfortunately, even though Basecamp 3 has been out for over a year, they have not yet updated the plug-in to integrate with it. Basecamp 3 has a lot of features we need so it looks like we will need to sign-up with another time tracker.
- (2017-04-22) Fouad Zaouche: Vraiment au top pour le boulot
- (2017-03-31) Josh Coast: works great with trello. I don't use the icon in chrome, but it's awesome to use with Trello, adds a time tracker right to each card.
- (2017-01-06) Ciprian T: Not working with basecamp3 .. if you use basecamp3 then it's useless at this point.
- (2016-10-25) Tom Chambers: Works fine, but it can be a bit slow to load and I keep being signed out. Would appreciate it being made a bit more reliable and zippier. The H button is often grey or orange and doesn't seem to relate to whether the timer is active or not. The timer should have an hour marker on top too, to see how long it's been running. Too easy to forget. It also had no ability to see what hours you've added for the day or week or other useful basic reporting tasks.
- (2016-06-08) Anne Easterling: Very helpful because this extension integrates Github time tracking.
- (2016-06-01) Nicolas Bussière: Who is a project manager knows that tracking time and rebill the clients is a very hard task. The most hard is to make people to TRACK time. Harvest, with this extension, makes it possible AND easy to track time into Trello (which we use for project management). People don't have to write any comments on their time sheets, it's into Trello. They click START at the beginning of the task, and STOP at the end. So easy, monkeys can do it! :-)
- (2016-04-18) Andrea Dell'Orco: A stupid fallback on windows
- (2015-11-18) Benjamin X Yang: The plan for free account is not encouraging to me.
- (2015-08-05) Cameron Elliott: I love and pay for Harvest, sadly with some update the button is displaying the wrong state usually. This is unacceptable for a product which is supposed to be just a time tracking tool that I pay for.
- (2020-01-15, v:2.5.17) Kim Berry: In Basecamp3, I no longer see the clocks next to my tasks so that I can begin my Harvest timers.
In Basecamp3, I no longer see the clocks next to my tasks so that I can begin my Harvest timers. I've uninstalled & reinstalled the Chrome Harvest Time Tracker extension without any improvement. Can you advise me as to what to try next?
- (2019-05-01, v:2.5.12) Kiril Kirov: It doesn't work in Chrome Version 74.0.3729.131 anymore
The Harvest extension for Chrome Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 doesn't work anymore - the button, does not show up in the github issues.
- (2018-10-02, v:2.5.10) Justin Brown: Error with Harvest in GitHub
Issue with chrome version 69.0.3497.100 where harvest can not be launched from GitHub: Refused to frame 'https://platform.harvestapp.com/' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "frame-src render.githubusercontent.com".
- (2018-09-27, v:2.5.10) Eric Cordero: Time tracking
Can you take Screenshots of the time being tracked ?
- (2018-07-23, v:2.5.10) Adam Maravich: Can not start timer
Many times I click the icon in my extensions bar to start a timer, the window pops up to allow me to click 'Start Timer" but when i click it nothing happens. Also, clicking "Cancel is unresponsive.
- (2018-05-08, v:2.5.8) Robert OBrien: time sheet for employees
Can this be used for multiple employees as a time clock for their work hours?
- (2018-04-17, v:2.5.8) Hours today
Would be useful to have some info from the homepage "Time Summary" displayed at the top of the window above the project area, such as hours today, hours this week. Also could really use a badge on the icon for "hours today"
- (2018-03-08, v:2.5.8) Eric Sopp: GitHub Milestones
Consider allowing the user to track time to a milestone, similar to how the user can track time to an issue.
- (2018-01-18, v:2.5.6) Olivia Dissescou: Issue with Basecamp
Harvest Time tracking does not work with Basecamp any more ? Please help!
- (2017-10-12, v:2.5.5) Jan Killian: Requires access to data on all sites
Why does it require access to data on all websites? This is a major privacy hole. Please fix it by limiting to harvestapp.com. I'm using HayFever extension in meantime.
- (2017-08-29, v:2.5.4) Charles Peterson: OpenSource?
can you open this plugin to allow for community updates?