Quickly identify the sender of email messages in Gmail without opening the message.
Gmail Sender Icons is a Google Chrome extension that makes it easy for you to quickly and visually identify email senders in Gmail. It shows the company domain name of the email sender and the official logo (favicon) of the sender's organization alongside the email message. To give you an example, if you receive an email from [email protected], the Gmail extension will add a virtual label google.com to your email message and also a logo of the Google website next to the message so you can immediately identify the sender in the email list. Gmail Sender Icons has been featured on Product Hunt, LifeHacker, The Next Web and host of popular websites. The favicons and the sender's domain are visible across Gmail including search results. The sender's label is applied virtually and the actual labels of the email message are left unchanged. The Gmail Chrome extension uses the Google S2 service for generating the website's favicon while the Gmail messages are parsed with the Inbox SDK framework. All processing is done locally in your browser and no Gmail data is ever shared or uploaded anywhere. The add-on is open source and the code is available on Github.
- (2020-07-30) Philip Matthew: Works great! Suggestion: would love if emails sent from my team (with me cc'd) would show the domain of the TO email
- (2020-03-28) Govil Gupta: quite good, just intalled
- (2019-08-23) 4U: I hope this icon is a little bigger.
- (2019-03-29) Thane Brimhall: This plugin works great for me and helps me keep track of conversations when the subject line is unhelpful. The only improvement I would wish to see is the ability to blacklist a domain (for example my company's domain) and to include the domain of the other people on the thread instead.
- (2019-02-02) Francesco Bocanelli: Excelente extensión. Elimina la labor de poner manualmente las etiquetas a los correos entrantes.
- (2019-01-25) Stavros Skamagkis: This is a very useful extension to get a quick glance of the senders without reading the message's title at all. Really saves a lot of time. But unfortunately this extension makes Gmail consume awfully lot of CPU and RAM on relatively low-end computers. My CPU constantly spikes at 100% usage while I have this extension enabled, and I feel that all those consumed CPU cycles are not really necessary for a relatively simple function like this. So all in all it's a great convenience I'd say but it's kinda pity that it uses so much system resources. I hope you 'll be able to fix this critical issue in the future. If that happens, I'll be sure to update my review and give the extension 5 stars instead :)
- (2018-11-15) Klaus Rogall: Layout nicht passend, wenn man anderes Design als das Default-Design eingestellt hat.
- (2018-09-14) Balisoft Inc: Good extension, thank you.
- (2018-08-25) Heiko Blaschke: Gute Umsetzung.
- (2018-07-20) Ravi Kumar: perfect
- (2018-06-30) Brian Carr: thanks developer well done really useful
- (2018-06-29) sanjeet kumar: nice concept.
- (2018-06-15) Simone Olivieri: Used to work well, now it's broken on the "old" gmail interface
- (2018-06-12) Excellent extension that provides constant value. I can immediately know if the email is from a known source. Google spam filter is great but when something falls through the cracks, by looking at the icon/sender I know it is spam. Excellent extension and highly recommended
- (2018-06-12) Yogesh Kumar: super
- (2018-06-11) Sudhindra Arsikere: Too much space on the subject line.
- (2018-06-06) Marcela S: Había dejado de funcionar con el nuevo Gmail, pero lo actualizaron y anda tan bien como antes.
- (2018-06-06) Sourav Ghosh: Very helpful extension. I am using it for more than a year. Recently it stopped working in the new Gmail interface but it was fixed by the developer within 3-4 days after I sent him an email.
- (2018-05-27) Sammo Steve: Helló. rendben működik, köszönöm, további jó munkát, szép napot, üdv.:Sammo
- (2018-04-27) Patrick: No novo gmail os icones aparecem do lado direito e ocultos, só aparecem quando passa o mouse me cima.
- (2018-04-27) Jacky Liang: Doesn't work for Vertical Pane or the new Gmail update. If you could get it working for at the least Vertical, I would come back and rate it 5 stars =)
- (2018-04-27) Kevin Jacob Kurian: Nice extension. One of the reasons that I am still using Chrome instead of Firefox. It would be great if the app can be updated for the new Gmail interface too
- (2018-04-26) Julio Del Valle: I really like to see sender icons, very useful . Are there plans to update it for works with the new GMail interface (released in April 2018)?
- (2018-04-20) Lorin Halpert: Icons no longer showing up
- (2018-02-24) Bérenger Lieber: Please add support for Inbox by Gmail! :)
- (2020-05-27, v:2.1) Wayne Welsh: FluffBuster Chrome extension problem with TV Guide website
FluffBuster Chrome extension causes TV Guide to think I've not Whitelisted them and won't allow me to view their listings on my 16" MacBook Pro. With FluffBuster extension for Chrome on I can't view TV Guide on my Mac. Without the FluffBuster extension on TV Guide works fine.
- (2019-01-25, v:2.0) Stavros Skamagkis: This extension constantly uses 100% of my CPU on Windows 7.
Unfortunately this extension makes Gmail consume awfully lot of CPU and RAM on relatively old computers (like mine). My CPU constantly spikes at 100% usage while I have this extension enabled. Could you check this issue out please? Would it be possible to optimize the extension to use fewer CPU cycles? I would really like to use this extension but it's kinda pity that it used so much system resources. Thanks in advance. Regards, Stavros.
- (2018-06-12, v:2.0) Aligning with theme
I use a dark theme (Morpheon Dark). Requesting the sender icons follow the theme background and text colors if that is possible. Alternately do provide option to choose background and text color much like a label.
- (2018-06-10, v:2.0) Obfuscation
Please move the favicon back to the left of the sender's name! At the moment, the favicon is on top of the name-label and obliterates the first part of the name.
- (2018-06-10, v:2.0) Lora Myrick: Move the icon back to the left
Is it possible to move the favicon back to the left of the sender's name? It has been over there for years, and this as been a great extension. I know Google has released a new Gmail UI, but is it not possible to keep the extension the way it was? Thank you.
- (2018-06-08, v:2.0) Icon placement
Would i be possible to choose to place the icon before the senderns name instead of the subject in new gmail? I would also like bigger icons with tranpsperent background. Remove the box
- (2018-06-07, v:2.0) Chentao YANG: New version sucks
the icon is looking terrible now
- (2018-06-07, v:2.0) Leah Weinberg: New version
Please put the old version back or make it an option! I don't like the changes today! I want the icon back on the left side by the name.
- (2018-06-06, v:2.0) Niket Raja: Icon not appearing properly
Check screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/e6hX5KK.png
- (2018-05-29, v:1.0) Yahya Evirgen: SORUN
GMAİL YENİ VERSİYONDA İCONLAR YA ÇIKMIYOR YADA BAŞTARAFTA YER ALMIYOR.
- (2018-05-20, v:1.0) Puanani Lackland: I want to recover my email
I wish to recover my email to where no one else can intrude or a developer can enter it again