New note in every new tab. Capture thoughts faster.
- (2021-08-16) Nick Berger: Excellent light app, always available. Would be good if it were possible to choose between Tab Note or default when opening new tab
- (2021-05-18) Ahmed Z: Would be great to have the ability to show the bookmarks bar, when the option to hide in regular browser tabs is enabled, as a new tab normally does. Also some additional features like using a tab screenshot to start annotation with.
- (2021-04-26) Yan Ning: 方便，但是换电脑之后，原先电脑上记录的内容没有同步到新电脑上
- (2021-02-06) Roblox player49: Its very good because it GOOD
- (2020-12-01) Jake Tiongson: I love the fact that it is very simple.
- (2020-09-12) Ij Lo: PROS: Unlike many other new tab notes & notepad extensions, this one keeps it simple and to the point. The primary bell & whistle is the dark mode option. Other extensions have a distracting hovering format bar that creepily follows your every click, or the font is odd and not changeable, or will suddenly want to also start showing you your bookmarks instead of improving the extension for it's original purpose. Tab Notes is sleek, super fast, and unobtrusive. CONS: As many of us have stated, a recent Chrome update has rendered this extension difficult to use. On every new tab, a new blank note opens as expected, but the cursor focus is no longer in the address bar, but instead is on the note itself. This is highly disruptive to normal flow, and you end up with a few (or dozens! of) empty notes that you must manually delete. The developer seems to feel nothing can be done about this, and that we should all change our normal behavior to use this ext. For that, this extension will not get a 5 from me, and gets a 4 instead of a 3 solely because it is still preferred over many other similar extensions. WORKAROUND: The offered "solution" of opening a new tab then clicking CMD/CTRL + L is ridiculous; behavior shouldn't need to be changed to this extent. Also of note, there can be a slight lag time for the new tab to fully open, forcing you to wait before manually refocusing the cursor. So this option is a non-starter. INSTEAD, TRY THIS: While I don't claim this is significantly better, at least my workflow is normalized. Keep Tab Notes installed. Open a few new tabs and type anything in each (this simply saves the tab as a new note; you can erase what you'd typed almost immediately and it will still be saved by Tab Notes). Now install extension "Custom New Tab URL". Enter (click) "Blank (about:blank)" as the URL or local file path (or whatever page you'd like). Now you have a quick new tab page with proper focus. As for your notes, you'll still have them plus a few spare (empty) notes to work with at any time. Not perfect, because now your number of available blank notes is limited, but you can always add more blank notes later by going through a disable/open new tab/re-enable process -- tedious, perhaps. A more significant note-taking extension or app with syncing capability may be in order if you are a hardcore note taker. DEVELOPER: One idea is to offer the *option* for users to have TN open in each new tab or not (right now, simply having this extension enabled means this is the only option). Then make a single left-click on the extension's icon open a new tab with a focused blank note ready to rock. A single right-click can offer the option to automatically show the last 3 notes with a link to open a list of all notes in a new tab. Good luck to you.
- (2020-09-06) renan miguel: I use it for a few years it was always very good today I went to open my notes all notes are gone when i have a backup on my computer how do i take it from computer to extension? already my notes are all gone today my day is very sad this extension ended my day
- (2020-08-13) Squalle Squ: Love this extension! My reason for only four stars is this... When I open a new tab, the cursor goes right to the note body. So if I'm not looking at the screen and I start typing, it creates a note. That would be fine but when I delete what I typed (for instance, a web address), a blank note is still saved. After a while of this happening, I noticed I had around 30 blank notes in my list. I realize that this is probably how it's meant to be. Maybe it's just me. But the extension is still one of the best and most useful available!
- (2020-08-05) Raja Palanivel: Clean and simple. Love the interface. Need cursor auto-focus on address bar, we don't write a note everytime we open a tab.
- (2020-07-22) Nataly Klajner: I used to love this extension and use it everyday, but since the update that made a new tab automatically blinking the text cursor, I can't use it anymore. The default behavior of a new tab is writing a website url or a google search, and if it's a note I want to write I can simply click on the empty canvas. But now it's not at all user friendly that I keep typing urls and they are only typed as a note, because I'm used to the normal activity of being able to type on the url bar. Please allow the users to choose how to start a new note!
- (2020-06-30) Michael Crelin: I've been using this for a year or two and really love it, but recently the behavior seems to have slightly changed. Before, when I opened a new tab my cursor began in the URL box. Now when I open a new tab my cursor jumps to the notes section. This really slows me down because as much as I love this extension, I do also use my chrome tabs to navigate to websites more often than not. Very disappointing.
- (2020-01-11) someone: how do you use the notes?
- (2019-11-26) Gökcan Kırca: Fast and simple. Newtabs are now .txt files :D Although, it lacks very simple implementations. 1)You can backup your notes easily but it comes in a programming language, its pretty unreadable You cannot import it back. 2)No basic italic,bold etc. text formatting. 3)Accidentally delete your note and its gone forever. If 1) and 3) gets solved, i'd say its still a solid 5 star.
- (2019-09-11) Velin V.: It's clean but: a) text should be somewhat centered and not so far to the left (ideally the user should control the amount of indentation); b) it needs basic formatting (like bold, italic, etc.) and c) saving to cloud storage; AUTO saving would be ideal! There is an extension called Noisli and it's better. You get to save your text, if you like, to: Dropbox and Google Drive. And with that extension you get to also listen to some nice relaxing music in the background. I would give Tab Notes another try if the developer does at least a) and c) from above. For now, it's removed.
- (2019-08-15) Drew Payment: Have over been using it for like 5 minutes, but this is an awesome concept and seems to be implemented really well! Love not having to use an external notes app while coding!
- (2019-06-11) George: So great extension, but havnt got synchronization between devices...
- (2019-04-13) Liling Song: 喜欢！！很适合不打开印象笔记或者其他软件的情况下，在线记录想法。
- (2019-02-25) Thu Thảo Trần: Excellent! Suit my needs perfectly.
- (2019-02-20) D eagle: Love it! A tab note is always one hotkey away. I feel like it is very stable now too. Only thing i miss is dark mode. Please please add this! :)
- (2019-02-07) Kevin T: I love how the first image is literally a confession But you lied in the second image! That's not how it actually looks! It's even more bare than the second image LOL This is simplicity. simplicity only. nothing else. simply amazing.
- (2018-11-30) Useful, SIMPLE and handy. I'd been looking for something like this... I just didn't know it! :)
- (2018-11-25) Benjamin Taub: This is a really useful way to jot things down and have them available in an instant. Would love two enhancements: 1) I believe it doesn't share notes between browser implementations (e.g. if I enter a note on my Mac, it would be nice if that note showed up on my PC and vice versa) 2) Not sure how you do it but the extension replaces the default new tab with the ability to take a note. This means you have to type your google queries in the menu bar or go to Google.com for search. It would be nice if there was a mode where you could choose to leave the default tab (i.e. auto go to Google) but opens up a note / a new note if you click on the button in the toolbar. Other than this, I love it!
- (2018-10-28) Bob Rupholdt: This is my most-used extension! I use it every day and barely use a Post-It note any more :D I just bought a new laptop and exported my notes to a JSON file. How do I import them? And since I don't know how to import them, I've been using it and have new notes - lots of new notes - that I don't want to overwrite. Thanks for the work on this! Are you planning any updates?
- (2018-10-10) M L: Like a Boss
- (2018-10-04) j y: Good and Cool !! but how can I change font?
- (2018-09-12) Przemek Łach: Not changing a context to take note is a brilliant idea !
- (2018-09-07) Gregory Allen Mansheim: Thank goodness. Good man.
- (2018-09-04) Trim Kasemi: fast note saving, always where you need them. Sick idea and nice implementation. big thanks to the developer
- (2018-09-02) Donald: simple, yet perfect!!!
- (2018-07-26) michael paris: 4 hacker
- (2018-07-16) Konstantin Mishur: Nice! Would be curious to look at the source code.
- (2018-05-28) D. K.: I just dont know how to use it
- (2018-04-27) Sammiee GoldWand: I read the note on the screenshot thing and it was cute and funny
- (2018-04-24) Si Thu Aung: Very great! I love it. Very smooth and light. Cloud sync with google doc or Evernote would be the best. Personally, no formatting is needed but inserting emoji would be great function. Thanks for creating it. 😘👏
- (2018-03-02) Maurio Leon Guerrero: Very convenient and love the fact I can see notes historically. One needed enhancement would be support for basic formatting, even if through markdown. Bold italics strikethrough bullets Keep up the great work and thank you!
- (2018-02-11) Joy Butts: awesome but a little bit of color would be nice
- (2018-02-02) Superbori Kim: Fantastic!! But I wonder how I can open backup files.
- (2018-01-04) Visesh Prasad: im glad i found this!
- (2021-09-09, v:0.8) Kierian: Could not move extension directory into profile.
Could not move extension directory into profile.
- (2021-06-08, v:0.8) Parker Schmidt: Lost Notes After Computer Restart
Hello, After shutting down my Chromebook, the entire laptop factory reset (don't know why) and the main thing that I lost were the couple hundred words I had stored in the Tab Notes tab from this extension. Is there any possible way to get the notes back? I can reopen the tab where they were (the first couple words of notes are in the header), but nothing actually fills out the notes section of the tab when I try to reopen it. Thank you, Parker
- (2021-04-16, v:0.8) Лилия Халитова: All my notes have disappeared from the tab
But i can see them in downloaded file. How do i recover them in the tab????
- (2020-08-14, v:0.8) Peter Hershey: Focus stealing makes extension almost unusable
It looks like there are already plenty of comments to this effect, but the fact that the focus state defaults to the notes window and NOT the URL field makes using this extension almost not worth the effort. I end up with a huge list of empty notes from when I try to type in a URL just by muscle memory, not remembering that I'm typing a note. Otherwise I love this extension!
- (2020-06-18, v:0.8) Lasse Rydgren: Open new tab needs to be focused in the address bar
Please fix this. I see that many other users also have this issue. Now the notepad text is in focus. Expected: Address bar to be focused on new tab open
- (2020-06-11, v:0.8) Dave Katz: Agreed on Focus stealing feature: please make optional
Agreed with the other users - the new focus stealing aspect is jarring and crazy-making! Here's the problem described well: "A recent change has made it so when I open a new tab, the focus is on the Tab Notes app within the new-tab page, instead of being on the address bar." Please make optional! Love the app but this feature has me messed up
- (2020-05-30, v:0.8) Daniel Beardsley: Focus stealing feature: please make it optional!!
A recent change has made it so when I open a new tab, the focus is on the Tab Notes app within the new-tab page, instead of being on the address bar. I open tabs like 10 or 20x more often than I write notes and thus it kills my workflow. Can you make this feature optional, or roll it back?
- (2020-05-28, v:0.8) Pedro Piloto: Address bar lose focus
Since the recent updates I lose focus on the address bar every time I open a new tab, that is very annoying, can you fix it please?
- (2020-05-15, v:0.8) Mukund Rathi: Feature
*You can specifically make the first letter as the trigger/ title of the note. so every time, when I open a new tab and if I write the first letter of note that I have already saved then it will trigger and will automatically fetch my old note and if I press ENTER, it will continue it and I can add text instead of searching it. *You can add text formatting features.
- (2019-11-26, v:0.8) Gökcan Kırca: Very needed, easy implementations
1)Ability to either import backups or to export in a readable format. Eg: have all notes in .txt format in a readable way in a .rar. or maybe .txt with clear seperations. 2)A trashcan for notes so if you accidentally delete, you can get it back.
- (2019-09-22, v:0.8) henrik sørensen: penge
- (2019-08-12, v:0.8) Рустам Треллер: BackUp
Good day. Tell me how to download a BackUp file?
- (2019-07-12, v:0.8) Aaron: Doesnt work in my chrome
It only opens a search for notes. It allows me to search existing notes(which dont exist...because I cant make any notes =/), export the notes, and toggle theme. Is there a list of instructions I missed?
- (2019-05-09, v:0.8) Benjamin Taub: Can I import lists from another computer?
Hi! Tab Notes doesn't share notes between computers (i.e. what I type on my PC is not available on my Mac and vice versa) but that would be great. In the meantime, though, it does give us a way to export our notes into a JSON file. Is there a way to import that file into another instance (i.e. on a different machine)? Thanks! Ben
- (2019-03-29, v:0.8) nuno mohamed: The USB link Files Downloading and Play back
Please i want my newly saved files play back
- (2019-02-21, v:0.7) Notes list not working as expected
The list of notes shows as if a filter is already applied. I'm used to seeing the most recently edited notes at the top and being able to scroll through the entire list. Here's a link to a video showing the odd behavior. https://www.useloom.com/share/e463babc358448958c1f48b0879065b1