Simple yet powerful tab set management. Quickly and easily save, update, remove, and restore sets of tabs!
Session Manager is a simple yet powerful extension that makes it quick and easy to save, update, remove, and restore sets of tabs. Common uses include: - Creating sessions for daily routines: pages you open in the morning, afternoon and evening. - Grouping pages of common interest such as News, Financial and Social. - Saving pages discovered during a research session that you'd like to revisit later.
- (2021-12-20) n ascentt: Doesn't work for me., if i export session the sessions.txt file is empty, the extension is also pretty limited in functionality. No crashed session recovery, have to manually save session, can't save selected windows to session. Prefer Session Buddy, as all these features, plus a nicer interface and better ways to manipulate (add/remove) windows or tabs from saved sessions before opening them.
- (2021-10-08) Ricardo Leon: consulta como se puede exportar o guardar las sesiones al cambiar equipo
- (2021-09-12) Gianni Palu: the export function does not work. Up to 1 month ago everything worked fine.....?!!? I used it for 4 years and it was okay, now what happened?
- (2021-09-03) Дмитрий Б: сохраняет вкладки только с одного окна. что это за менеджер сессий такой.
- (2021-08-13) Zoran M: Unreliable.
- (2021-07-19) Mitchell Newman: Lost all of my sessions for no obvious reason (after using for half a decade with no problems) This app cost me literally half a decade of research. I used it just fine for years, and it was very reliable, but then I suddenly lost all of my tabs (we're talking thousands of tabs that were useful in my career and hobbies). Luckily I saved a lot of what I needed on my phone, but after all the use this app has given me, I am upset and very angry that it would fail so completely and utterly. You should be very careful with this app. Either get a better session manager, or make sure to export your tabs frequently because as reliable as it seems, it could be gone with little explanation. I can see many other users shared my experience, so I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of unanswered voices. I'm not saying this app is useless or doesn't work, but it needs to come with much more severe warnings to prevent people from losing as much data as I did.
- (2021-07-07) Psaro Vedrinue: The updated version sucks........ why did you do this where can I download old versions
- (2021-05-12) E Warren-Thomas: I've used this extension for years with no problem - but this month, I open Chrome to find all my sessions have vanished from Session Manager, with no way to get them back! So, it seems it's no longer reliable (also check the support page for other people with the same problem).
- (2021-04-23) Rafael Cieslik: Functional and pragmatic. I really like the feature where I can save a single tab in an existing but non-active session. Having said that, the extension is admittedly not up-to-date and doesn't support all relevant (and maybe new) Chrome features (i.e. pinned tabs, tab groups). Nevertheless, it helps me organize my browsing sessions and enables me to switch effortlessly between work and home/private "profiles". Also, Chrome itself has this bug where it doesn't always restore all tabs from last night. Session manager helps me counteract that as well. Could be a bit prettier, though. #niceToHave
- (2021-03-31) Mike Snus: It works until you try to open saved session in incognito window. It will open all links in nearest normal window instead..
- (2021-03-22) Jeff State: Even though its last update was 4+ years ago, I prefer using this extension for Chrome's tab session restoring. However, this extension does not support restoring Tab Groups. Restoring sessions results in disorganized tabs, which then need the user to manually reclassifying everything back into Tab Groups. Google now has the Tab Group API listed as working since Chrome v89: https://developer.chrome.com/docs/extensions/reference/tabGroups/ My hope is Session Manager can now use Chrome's Tab Groups API to get it implemented. Everything else with this extension, works great, so this is a 5* review as soon as Tab Group restoration is implemented.
- (2021-02-25) Ben Floyd: Considering there is not a single app in the webstore that can automatically save tabs for a particular session (must be something to do with the design of chrome itself), this is the one app which does the job best if all you want is to store few windows with multiple tabs each. I open related tabs in a window and save it using the session manager, each time there is a significant change to the tabs or if i am closing the window with just one click I can update the session. This feature is lacking from all other session managers out there.
- (2021-01-30) Michael Deason: I wish the Tab Sessions would be sync to the cloud, and used crossed devices.
- (2020-11-18) usi anti: Nice
- (2020-11-04) Virender Sharma: Great Extension, loved the Import and export functionality. One suggestion : while opening a stored session, please close the other tabs of chrome and show only the URLS mentioned in stored session. Also please let me know if you this extension for Firefox also.
- (2020-08-16) Zero Zephyrum: I swear this extension used to let you save multiple windows in one session too (like you could have 10 tabs open in one window and have a second window on that same session with another few tabs open. Would've displayed like (15/2) under the session name. Either I'm thinking of a completely different extension with the exact same name and icon or the developers of this extension for some reason removed that feature. Review will remain at 1 star until said feature is added/re-added. In the meantime if anyone knows of the feature I mean and knows a good manager with the option to save windows as well, please link it to me.
- (2020-07-02) Rick Rotaru: What is the problem with this extension?!! ONCE AGAIN it LOST ALL of my saved sessions!! First time I lost stuff that I had for YEARS! Now, it only took about 2 months to wipe everything out!! THIS THING IS JUNK!! I am LIVID that I have LOST my saved sessions for ever and always!! POS!!
- (2020-04-15) Teacher Ahmed: Saving session is as simple as SAVING SESSION! Means you are covered up! Means saving your efforts and protecting critical searchs! After using the app for years, all of a sudden the app gone wrong and started to store fake sessions! Out of 70 tabs it only restores 4 tabs and repeat them in many windowses. And this is the case with all of my recent sessions, so BE AWARE!
- (2019-12-22) Floating Sunfish: Super helpful and straight forward tool. Saves me lots of time when browsing online!
- (2019-12-01) Andrey A: works!
- (2019-11-20) Maciek M: Every now and then you lose all your sessions for some bewilderingly inexplicable reason. An utter catastrophic failure of a browser extension.
- (2019-11-07) Michael Aliev: Неясно как переезжать с компьютера на компьютер со старой версии((( На новой вижу что есть импорт/экспорт. А со старой то что делать?(
- (2019-08-18) Chamber999: I find this extension very useful, If you have a lot of sessions it would be useful to be able to search for a tab session name instead of having to scroll down and find it.
- (2019-08-04) CØNSUL CØNSUL: Сначала работало отлично. Пользовался несколько лет. ПОтом внезапно похерилась вся база сессий. Куда делась - непонятно. Пусть авторы напишут где искать хоть остатки.
- (2019-06-15) Susanna Arambula: Worked well at first and then all my saved sessions disappeared :(
- (2019-04-10) M 3: The best session manager around. Small and light. And you can export and import sesisons easily
- (2019-02-13) iurum: Отличная программа, давно пользуюсь. Единственное, чего не хватает - это чтобы при открытии закрепленные вкладки открывались как закрепленные, а не как обычные..
- (2019-02-07) Pedro Matias: I do not know what was used for a long time but after the last update I lost all my saved sessions
- (2018-12-30) Łukasz M.: this extension is awful especially for 1000+ tabs! session buddy is more than better! I lost many tabs because of use this s.... extension! by aware
- (2018-10-16) Дмитрий М.: I know it's not easy to implement, but it would be great to have an option to load session suspended (all tabs except the one that gets to be active to be kind of discarded until request or until switching to them). This is already realized in The Great Suspender extension. Otherwise sessions with >20 tabs take too long to load and it's unnecessary to load every tab because I will not read all of them in one sitting anyway. Another small but annoying problem is that it takes double click on session name entry field to activate it. Cursor should be put in it by single clicking, like in similar extension.
- (2018-10-05) Edgard Macedo: It's an extremely useful extension. I use it every day. There's just one thing I think it should have, though. There should be a way to organize my sessions. I have different sessions and I can't put the most used one at the top of the list for example. Still and great extension, anyway.
- (2018-09-13) Stéphane F.: Une des rares extensions de Chrome qui permet de mettre à jour simplement une session d'onglets déjà sauvegardée auparavant ! Mais le gros manque, c'est que les sessions sauvegardées ne sont pas synchronisées (avec le compte Google Chrome par ex.), et donc vous ne les retrouverez pas sur les autres ordinateurs que vous utilisez :(
- (2018-09-13) Greg Heath: Never worked as well as ones do in Firefox and a very big disappointment, especially when it doesn't work as advertised! Look for something else
- (2018-08-13) Dawid Mondrzejewski: An update of Chrome to 68.0.3440.106 and all my saved sessions are gone. Some time ago I have created a few sessions with all important data to read for later. I have been returning to them every now and then assuming foolishly I have a tool to count on in relation to my time management needs. Now, I understand that a underlying sessions data file might be lost during update or save routine, or a settings data lost during Google update. However, if I loose a sessions data file after Google update (something you can guard yourself against quite easily), it makes me draw conclusion that the very functionality this tool was to provide (ie. 'save for later') is completely unreliable.
- (2018-08-09) Александр Хрол: То не все вкладки сохраняло, то удаляло сессии после обновы хрома. В кой-том веке забыл сделать выгрузку - распрощался со всей нужной инфой. Надежнее копипаст ссылок в блокнот или же сохранение страниц в pocket/evernote
- (2018-07-31) Alvaro Hermida: Basura dañina y una mala imitación del original, robando descaradamente sus iconos para engañar a los usuarios. Es incapaz de tratar simultáneamente varias ventanas.
- (2018-07-27) Robert Gottesman: This is my 'go-to' tool for all of chrome. I'm a developer / proj mgr and its so neat to easily save a set of tabs to come back exactly where you left off on another day.
- (2018-06-27) Basile LHEUREUX: Simple efficace, sans fioritures inutiles. Fait exactement ce qu'on attend de lui ! Pourrait peut-être proposer quelques améliorations d'ergonomie (classement des sessions par thématiques/dossiers par exemple), mentionner une date/heure de création de session, un module d'import/export de données par exemple)
- (2018-06-15) Lucy Ambler: Love it! I have used this extension for many years and had no problems, as when i brought a new laptop i was able to export and then import the sessions from my old one to my new one.
- (2018-05-27) Tomo Sakata: It doesn't save pinned tabs, which is inconvenient.
- (2018-05-11) Legion: Import doesn't work. Import sessions - nothing happens.
- (2018-04-24) Kiran Appiah: Looks like this extension hasn't been updated since Oct. 2016 as of this review, and with so many people experiencing problems, I doubt it will get fixed any time soon.
- (2018-04-04) Guest User: One big problem: does not save sessions. i.e. session cookies aren't retained. Otherwise it's not too bad, simple and functional.
- (2018-02-23) Yury T: Как сделать так что бы сессия сохранялась в фоне. Что бы мне не надо было постоянно помнить, что надо сохранить сессию??
- (2018-02-20) Константин Шевченко: В сохранённой сессии было одно окно с 12-ю вкладками. При загрузке сессии это окно было открыто несколько десятков раз! Память полностью забита, процессор загружен почти на 100% !!!
- (2018-02-18) mazza s: this used to be an excellent product, it no longer works at all. the save button doesn't work.
- (2021-11-27, v:3.5.0) Daniel Zivkovic: Years worth of sessions mysteriously disappeared :(
Lost years worth of browser sessions recently on Win10 for no clear reason (no crashes of any kind). I started a new list, but would really love to get my old sessions back. Any pointers, please?
- (2021-08-30, v:3.5.0) T. David Wong: Firefox add-on
Can author make this extension also available as a Firefox add-on? I have been using this extension for so long and love every aspects of it. I recently switched to Firefox (due to Google Chrome's sluggishness) and cannot find this extension in Firefox add-on.
- (2021-08-17, v:3.5.0) Kim Cardoso: Sessions are missing
I had used session manager for quite a while now. My self and other users have complained about the same problem with no solution
- (2021-07-25, v:3.5.0) Risala Media: Sessions lost
Hello. All my previous sessions are gone, no idea why. And I saw numerous users saying the same thing here on the forum. Any explanation or way to retrieve lost sessions?
- (2021-07-19, v:3.5.0) Mitchell Newman: Lost all of my sessions for no obvious reason (after using for half a decade with no problems)
This app cost me literally half a decade of research. I used it just fine for years, and it was very reliable, but then I suddenly lost all of my tabs (we're talking thousands of tabs that were useful in my career and hobbies). Luckily I saved a lot of what I needed on my phone, but after all the use this app has given me, I am upset and very angry that it would fail so completely and utterly. You should be very careful with this app. Either get a better session manager, or make sure to export your tabs frequently because as reliable as it seems, it could be gone with little explanation. I can see many other users shared my experience, so I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of unanswered voices. I'm not saying this app is useless or doesn't work, but it needs to come with much more severe warnings to prevent people from losing as much data as I did.
- (2021-06-20, v:3.5.0) Zee H: I can't restore a session anymore.
I can't restore a session anymore. All the tabs show up as error and I've tried everything to restore it from re-installing the extension and importing it to restarting the computer.
- (2021-06-13, v:3.5.0) Theodor Goetz: Syncing between Devices
Apart from the manual export/import, is there any way to sync the saved sessions between devices?
- (2021-04-26, v:3.5.0) Shahd Shaker: Sessions Gone?
I went to open my sessions manager to open something and found that all of my sessions, years worth of sessions, have disappeared. This was a surprise as this data has survived my computer crashing multiple times but a chrome update seemed to have gotten rid of it somehow. Is there anyway of recovering this data, or at least any hope of a developer getting in contact with at least answering if it even is recoverable or not?
- (2021-04-20, v:3.5.0) General JohnO: Chrome tab groups
Hello, I love Session Manager and have used it for several years. Thanks for creating it. But it doesn't seem to save the new Chrome feature of tab groups. When do you think that feature will be added? Thanks again.
- (2021-03-29, v:3.5.0) Gavin Coleman: Can't export from Vivaldi browser
I recently switched to using the vivaldi browser (ver 3.7) but now when using the session manager export option, I click on the link for sessions.txt which gives me the orange tick next to the line "Check your downloads folder for it" but there's no file in downloads and no sessions.txt anywhere on the pc (even when using the everything search tool). Is there another way to export or when might this be fixed for the Vivaldi browser ??
- (2021-03-23, v:3.5.0) Ngcava Dwesini: setup need for speed
not enough files
- (2021-02-15, v:3.5.0) aty ya: My Session Manager got "Dark mode"
IDK if you guys updated the extension but the background is black and the letters are Dark Blue I can't see anything on the extension.
- (2021-02-14, v:3.5.0) Santa: Lost tabs
I had to restart my computer fairly recently, and all of my stored sessions were gone. Is there any fix or are they now permanently missing?
- (2020-10-22, v:3.5.0) Experiment 123: I have lost all my sessions
Hello, today in the morning I had to restart my computer due to a problem with the audio and I did not bother to export the sessions to some place on my hard drive because whenever I restart my PC the sessions are intact. But this time I opened Google Chrome and I had lost everything. Help me get it back please, IT'S URGENT!
- (2020-10-22, v:3.5.0) Experiment 123: He perdido todas mis sesiones
Buenas. Hoy por la mañana tuve que reiniciar mi ordenador por un problema con el audio y no me molesté en exportar las sesiones a algún lugar de mi disco duro porque siempre que la reinicio las sesiones están intactas. Pero ésta vez abrí Google Chrome y lo había perdido todo. Ayúdenme a recuperarlo por favor, ES URGENTE.
- (2020-09-22, v:3.5.0) بنیامین لطیفی: backup sessions
hello session manager is very good. i have a question. i want to renew my windows. how can i backup sessions and save it to use after windows instalation?
- (2020-08-25, v:3.5.0) Bradley Kirkland: all sessions are missing
Hi. First, THANK YOU for the awesome extension. It's been a part of my work life for years. Today I went to open a session and everything is missing. It shows zero sessions. Can you help? Thanks!
- (2020-08-13, v:3.5.0) Roman Zel'ber: Приложение Session Manager
У меня из блаузера пропал плагин Session Manager и вместе с ним все сохранённые вкладки за несколько лет. Как мне это востановить?
- (2020-08-05, v:3.5.0) Олег Седыкин: Приложение Session Manager
Здравствуйте! Исчезли сессии закладок в приложении Session Manager Google Chrome. Подскажите как восстановить?
- (2020-06-01, v:3.5.0) Александер Шипилов: Вылетел браузер, после повторного входа пропали все сохранения.
Добрый день. Браузер Хром подвис и неожиданно завершился - после повторного запуска синхронизировался с последней привязкой. Но в расширении пропали все записи подчистую. Как я могу их восстановить?
- (2020-05-13, v:3.5.0) Rally Kalle: Ssave Location
Hello, i wonder, what folder are all sessions saved to?
- (2020-02-12, v:3.5.0) Andreas Fritz: Daten von Session Manager
Wo sichert Session Manager seine Daten? Nach neu Installation von WIN und Google Chrome ist alles weg, kann ich es wieder bekommen?
- (2019-12-22, v:3.5.0) Green Acre: Pinned tabs.
Can that be set as the default? Everytime I have to reinstall this I forget to fix it and lose all of the pinned tabs
- (2019-11-06, v:3.5.0) Michael Aliev: Syncronization
Hi, I am moving to new computer and found that there is new session manager extension from you but it installs as separate extension. In the new one I see export/import. But how can I move from old to new?
- (2019-10-13, v:3.5.0) Ivan Ivanov: Question
I do not understand why support is needed if the developer does not answer questions. Who needs this?
- (2019-09-29, v:3.5.0) Ivan Ivanov: All the saved sessions were gone; there were about 30 of them.
Hello, the link to session manager and all of my sessions disappeared two days ago. They are absolutely crucial to my job. I tried to repair but nothing happens. How do I get them back? Thanks.
- (2019-09-26, v:3.5.0) Jason Hall: All sessions lost
Hello, the link to session manager and all of my sessions disappeared today. They are absolutely crucial to my job. I tried to repair but nothing happens. How do I get them back? Thanks.
- (2019-09-13, v:3.5.0) ESG: Doesn't save other Chrome windows, even if the same account is used
Hi, This has worked before. The save function has changed in a way that only save the current window and tabs. Also, you have to add a name before saving, which is just a useless extra step. Can you add back these 2 functions please which used to work before?
- (2019-08-20, v:3.5.0) Nick Brutanna: Crappy "previous session" automatic backup.
The "previous session" automatic backup is damned near useless. Instead of backing up on anything like a regular pattern, such as major changes, or a certain number of days, it seems utterly random. I've literally had it go for a MONTH without making a backup, and only noted it AFTER everything got screwed up. It would be GREAT if you could cause this to happen either at a certain point (x number of tabs changed) or a number of days
- (2019-08-01, v:3.5.0) Peter Purcell: Saved Session gone
Hello, I am using Session Manager on Chrome and had no issues until today all of my saved sessions are gone across all my devices. Windows, and Mac.
- (2019-07-31, v:3.5.0) Ashley G: Session Manager list export
is there a way to back these up? or export them to a html file? when i right-click on the extension options is grey out for some reason.
- (2019-07-25, v:3.5.0) Eliot Brown: Transfer Session Manager tabs to another computer with Chrome????
Can you Transfer Session Manager tabs to another computer with Chrome and Windows 10????
- (2019-07-24, v:3.5.0) Jay Cardona: Not saving sessions
I can save a temp session, but nothing happens when i try to save them regularly.