A dockable sidebar for Chrome featuring vertical Tree Style Tabs, Tab Hibernation, and much more.
************************************ This is BETA! Proceed with caution :) ************************************ I enthusiastically welcome any and all feedback! Ideas & Feedback: http://sidewise.userecho.com/list/14136-general/?category=0 As this is still beta, there may be cases where your page tree gets corrupted or messed up. If this should happen to you, restarting Chrome will in all likelihood fix the problem. If possible please report such problems to the feedback forum! ************************************ Sidewise is the first real dockable sidebar for Chrome. Key features include: * Tree Style Tabs: organize your tabs in a tree view. Supports ctrl/shift multiselect, drag & drop, instant search, right-click context menu, and more. * Tab Hibernation: keep pages in the tree view without actually having the tab open. Handy for managing those resource-hungry tabs, keeping pages around for later viewing, etc. * Multiple sidebar panes: switch between Pages, Notepad, and Reddit sidebars with a click. More panes (and a Sidewise Pane API) coming soon. * Bells & whistles: take a trip through the Sidewise Options page to learn about its many nifty extra features.
- (2020-02-16) Ilya Osadchiy: I've just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, and it seems to work much better now with resizing and moving of the browser window.
- (2020-01-17) Андрей: Вообще не открывается.
- (2020-01-04) Paulo Monteiro: Now it creates a new window that if closed closes all the tabs please fix (Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 )
- (2019-12-29) crabshank3: I have modded this extension to fix some of the bugs (Fixes the error that arose because of the addition of pendingUrl to Chrome, works with incognito tabs (should you enable it to), logs less and only stores the the tabs that are displayed in the sidebar (clears removed tabs).): https://github.com/crabshank/Chrome-Sidewise-Incognito
- (2019-12-15) Royce Chao: best tree tabs extension, but not compatible with chrome 79 and all the other chromium based browser (ok with chrome 78 and old versions)
- (2019-12-14) Stephen S: It's ok but needs to be looked at. Maybe fixing the import / export tool as that throws an error. I've imported my old setting by using the old contents of this directory: C:\Users\put_your_user_name_here\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\biiammgklaefagjclmnlialkmaemifgo Not working at all since 12.12.2019, problem left in the support section.
- (2019-12-04) Alexander Amelkin: Существенно менее удобно, чем Tree Tabs для Firefox. Создаёт отдельное системное окно (даже в "пристыкованном" состоянии), а не отъедает часть окна броузера. Соответственно, если переключились на другое приложение, а потом снова открыли окно броузера, то это расширение останется в фоне и его не будет видно. Очень неудобно. По крайней мере, это так в Brave для Linux. Удаляю. Буду искать другое решение.
- (2019-11-21) Sean Hu: 上午在Firefox中 发现了 TreeStyle Tab，很好用，于是想在Chrome里也找到同名的插件，最后只有这一款差强人意，其他两个都不好用
- (2019-11-10) Andrey Est: саме те що шукав серед десятків
- (2019-11-04) Tim Holt: Nothing behaves logically or sensibly. I’m not talking about bugs—it mostly seems to run fine. The only way to open new tabs opens them at the root of the current window. WHY!!!!!? Every single action you take opens a popup asking you if you actually meant to click what you clicked. Baffling and annoying. Why is there a text editor? Was it that or the snake game? Closing a parent tab leaves the children tabs open. This confuses me so much, I feel like I’m having a stroke. The reasoning behind this behavior continuously refuses to gel in my brain, and I feel like I might suddenly wake up in a hospital bed. Opening a link in a new tab opens it as a sibbling tab. The ENTIRE CONCEPT behind hierarchical tabs is opening new links in child nodes! Come on! Okay, I did run into one bug (I desperately hope it was a bug, anyway). It’s physically impossible to drag a tab/branch to the bottom of the list at root level if there is a branch there. No matter what you do, it becomes part of that branch.
- (2019-09-06) Tim McCormick: Shaky. In my use, trying it over the last five years, it's always had the problem that tabs jump around, both in the Chrome tabs at top and the sidebar. When windows are reopened, the tab order is not preserved, and they jump around when reloading. This largely defeats the point of a tool to help you manage tabs, and quickly gets quite annoying and disruptive, so borderline worthless. On the extension's site there is a forum to report/upvote issues (User Echo forum), and this is the 2nd-most mentioned issue, with loads of people reporting it 6+ years back. Seems like developer is not much on top of or active on this one.
- (2019-08-13) Ludwig Stangl: Hallo, kann man denn nicht die Seitenleiste nahtlos andocken ???
- (2019-07-28) Ling Mao: I've tried two other tab managing extensions including tabs outliner and Cluster - Window & Tab Manager, this one is simply the best with auto detect chrome window, resize and dock function, just drag your chrome window and it'll go with it. It enables a single mouse click to close the tab whereas you have to pay tabs outliner to unlock this function. Even so, tabs outliner still lacks search function. So it's a no brainer which one I choose to keep. =========================================== Update to two stars because constant refresh/flicker of the sidewise and chrome window, making it unusable.
- (2019-06-30) micom fa: start to have bugs
- (2019-06-25) Zac0bin Huo: greate tool
- (2019-05-04) Kalazooka: Liked it when I first started using it. HOWEVER, as several others mentioned, this app would randomly rearrange my tabs without my input; aggravating to say the least. Also, I like to clean history and all browsing data when I close my browser. After installing this extension, I was no longer able to perform this function. There's an "X" button within the extension which brings up ALL closed tabs from all previous sessions, including sensitive accounts. Yet when I tried to "permanently" delete the individual tab history, only the sensitive accounts remained and would not close. Not good. UNINSTALLED.
- (2019-03-21) Lars Entrop: Tolle Erweiterung!
- (2019-01-24) Joyce Christ: extension works well
- (2018-12-08) расширение вошло в мой "золотой фонд"
- (2018-12-04) ernobe: It stopped recognizing which tabs were open in a window. Finally I found one of the advanced options called "emergency restore" which found them.
- (2018-11-21) Tomasz Malinowski: The best for Chrome at the moment. And a lot of work to do: bugs (screen flickering after opening Sidewise), tab and background colors, extra features like manual saving window positions (I'd like to have everything together on one monitor), window margin setting, etc... Tabs are stopping me from moving to Chrome from Firefox. but Sidewise might be a light in a tunnel.
- (2018-07-26) Genex K: Don't save "Sidebar target width" as 220 pixels. All time set 746 pixels.
- (2018-06-08) Matthew Kokidko: Perfect. I only just installed it but drag and dropping onto another tab adds it to the tree which is hard to find. I'll update this if there are any issues after use but it seems solid so far.
- (2018-06-01) Jacques Prestreau: Please, how to do to prevent the page "Sidewise Options" to open again each time I re-open Chrome ? That page being carefully close in the common situation, it should not re-open alone the next time I open Chrome. It does. Each time I repoen Chrome. Rrrr ! I'm pretty sure that it is something which is wrong in my own parameters but I desperately search what without finding.
- (2018-03-15) John L. Reed: It's working.THANK YOU!
- (2020-01-14, v:2017.2.12.0) Kenny Gilbert: Unable to close windows.
I am accumulating windows with one page that will not close. Soon it will be unusable.
- (2020-01-10, v:2017.2.12.0) Diamonds Queen: add all hibernated tabs to favorite bookmarks
please add an option to add all hibernated tabs to favorite bookmarks
- (2020-01-04, v:2017.2.12.0) Paulo Monteiro: New Window (1 page) Started Showing Up and Can't Be Closed
A new window (1 page) started showing up with a blank url if we try to close that window sidewise closes, this started happening with the new chrome version 79, never happened before. Can you please fix?
- (2020-01-01, v:2017.2.12.0) loyd Loyd: Show current playback time on video pages
Are you able to fix it where it shows on Chaturbate.com site? it used to show it but not anymore :(
- (2019-12-23, v:2017.2.12.0) 斉藤太郎: Window (1 page)
Window (1 page)という謎のタブが強制表示されます サイト自体は存在しないのか見れません このタブを閉じようとするとsidewiseごと落ちてしまいます よって消せません バグだと思うので修正お願いします 「Window (1 page)」 Fall when trying to close
- (2019-12-14, v:2017.2.12.0) Stephen S: Issue since around 2 days ago (even with fresh install).
On a fresh installl, there's a window that appears and cannot be closed, there's also no title on the tab or the window where it will say 'Window (1 page)'. Are you still taking donations for this plugin because I'd gladly help out to fix this issue.
- (2019-11-25, v:2017.2.12.0) Nick Renieris: Waking any tab creates a new tab in the same tree
Waking any tab creates a new active tab in the same tree (and the one I clicked remains hibernated) It used to work fine, but this started happening a few weeks ago.
- (2019-09-29, v:2017.2.12.0) Al Binewski: Tabs get stuck in wrong places.
For some reason my tabs are getting stuck in certain places. Like if I open a new tab it will be on the end, and then when I enter a website, it will jump to some random spot. Trying to rearrange tabs that land in these random spots will always end up with them reverting there. It seems like exiting the browser and restarting it fixes it for a short while, but that results in many of my tabs being relocated to random spots when I have them in specific places to keep things organized.
- (2019-07-26, v:2017.2.12.0) Ling Mao: Sidewise makes chrome constantly flashing
Sometimes the sidewise would make the chrome constantly flashing(losing focus), I have to reopen the sidewise again to make it usable, other than that, this extension is brilliant , I really want it to work, if you could fix this bug, I'd happily pay for it. Thanks. you're welcome to contact me at [email protected] so I could sent you screen recording and you'll know what I'm talking about. Thanks
- (2019-03-06, v:2017.2.12.0) Delete tabs at top of browser.
How do I hide or delete the tabs at the top of the chrome browser?
- (2018-10-17, v:2017.2.12.0) Patreon
Just asking, have you heard of patreon? It's a great way for someone to contribute monthly to your efforts.
- (2018-07-21, v:2017.2.12.0) pinned tabs
please add an option to hide the pinned tabs in the Sidewise window if possible
- (2018-05-22, v:2017.2.12.0) Maxi App: Two monitors
Is it possible that Sidewise appears in two monitors on the same time ?
- (2018-03-27, v:2017.2.12.0) Dark background?
Is it possible to have a dark theme for the tab sidebar? I'm using a dark theme, and the bright white is jarring.. esp. at night.
- (2018-03-02, v:2017.2.12.0) Даниил Заикин: Import not working
Even if I try to import immediately after export it throws an error "Unexpected token u in position 1374". I'm pretty sure it's because of cyrillic symbols in tab titles.
- (2018-01-06, v:2017.2.12.0) Markus Schlüter: Chromium Security Error
Today, Instead of the sidewise window, I got a security warning on Arch Linux with chromium about phishing activities from rest.elkstein.org. On Windows, everything seems normal, but that makes me even more worried. I will remove the extension until this issue is resolved.