Enables copying columns from tables.
Column Copy enables copying HTML tables and HTML table columns. NEW in 0.5.0: - Remove analytics tracking after complaints from a few users. - Upgraded keypress detection will hopefully fix sticking ctrl key issues that affected some users - Cells with newlines or quotes will be wrapped in quotation marks Features: - Copy table column by Alt + Click on any table cell. The column contents is now in your clipboard. - Copy table by Shit + Alt + Click on any table cell. The table contents is now in your clipboard. - Keyboard shortcuts are configurable. Changelog: version 0.4.0 - Better handling of nested tables - Strips whitespace from cells - Spelling correction version 0.3.7 - Hyperlink preservation support is now available in the options page - Default shortcut in Linux is now Ctrl+Click. This fixes several reported issues. Copy HTML table and copy HTML table column using ColumnCopy!
- (2020-04-10) Chris: Hi James, You have an developed a wonderful of software. But I wondered, is it is possible to add the ability to run this across multiple tables at once on the same page, or can this only be achieved by copying one column/table at a time? Thank you for sharing this amazing extension!!!!
- (2020-01-29) Ryan: Works like a charm at copying a single column or the whole table. Not sure why there's no option to copy rows, or multiple columns, or a group of cells in a table. Firefox does all this natively very well.
- (2019-10-24) Khofidin Ofid: Doesn't work on MacOS
- (2019-10-08) Handaru Sandy: nice, simple to use and very useful will save a lot of time
- (2019-09-27) Michel Samson: very useful!!!!
- (2019-09-01) Random Video Chaos: Doesn't seem to work any more, anyone know a good alternative ?
- (2019-07-26) little dust in a dot: Loved It
- (2019-06-05) Bob: dont work
- (2019-05-07) ayush kumar: I installed a lot of plug-ins to copy the table but no one was working. The plugin that was working was not copying the entire data I installed this plugin in the last I did not even expect that these plugins will work so well. I have also copied about 25,000 rows of tables from this plugin. And this plugin has saved me a lot of time and my job has been easy, I would say thanks to plugin developers who created this plugin.
- (2019-04-29) EsacrihT: Con esta herramienta todo se simplifica y con dos clicks puedo copiar una columna de texto perfectamente . ¡Funciona excelente!
- (2019-04-25) Patrick Knight: Doesnt work on dynamic tables.
- (2019-03-22) Пелагон Громойло: Doesn't work, at all.
- (2019-03-20) Sanjid Ahmed: Cannot copy with table font color .. developer should give that option also .. otherwise its a good extension ..
- (2019-01-22) Rhonda Ross: I've been using this with Salesforce.com and it saves me so much time. Love it! However, it only works in Classic, not in Lightning.
- (2019-01-04) Works great!
- (2018-12-19) Blake Ketchum: Thank you! Works fine and will save me lots of time.
- (2018-11-27) Ethan M: Rectangular select in the browser at last! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ @James Andres, wishlist 🎅🏻: support for list-style tables (e.g., <dl>, <dt>, <dd>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>). 😊
- (2018-10-17) Johann Blake: Wouldn't copy a column or table in Wikipedia on a Mac. Useless.
- (2018-07-18) Simon Forest: Marche parfaitement !
- (2018-07-11) Colin Miller: Only copies an image of the column, would expect it to copy text for pasting elsewhere.
- (2018-04-10) Alderik Manuputty: I've been using this for a while now and absolutely love it. Sometimes the copy function triggers automatically when I don't want it, but that's minor inconvenience compared to the productivity gain.
- (2018-02-28) Vinay Babu: Awesome tool
- (2018-02-02) Manoj Londhe: Always worked for me. Save me lot time.
- (2017-10-27) Gabriel Nistor: Works just fine for me! A real time saver!
- (2017-10-24) Koji Yoshida: Web上の表からその列だけをコピーすることができて、とても便利です。
- (2020-05-13, v:0.5.0) sv m: While adding this extension my chrome browser, I got warning that it can access the webdata I visit !!! Big concern !
Hi, while adding this extension . my chrome browser, I got warning that it can access the webdata I visit !!! Big concern !So got scared about loss of confidential information while using internet for doing financial transactions etc. Pl advise.
- (2020-04-10, v:0.5.0) Chris: The ability to copy multiple tables on the page at the same time
The ability to detect and/or copy multiple tables/columns at the same time. This would make things even more efficient by speeding up process to copy multiple tables. But ultimately the extension is amazing! Thanks for your consideration
- (2019-11-13, v:0.5.0) Danstan Ongubo: Did you make changes to wrapping between rows? This is making the extension useless for me
I don't know what's happening but lately the same data I have been copying using this extension now has "foreign" spaces added between them whenever I copy. I now have to delete the spaces manually for hundreds of rows. I noticed this change just recently.
- (2019-10-01, v:0.5.0) David Gray: Minor Issue: Label Row Missing
On review of the result of using your ColumnCopy extension to copy the contents of two entire tables into a Microsoft Excel worksheet, I noticed that the copy contained only the detail. Since your nearest competitor, the CopyTables extension, suffers from the same shortcoming, I suspect it may be caused by the way the table was generated. The custom application that generated the table uses Telerik Kendo as its report writer; hence, Kendo generated the table in question. Since the page is behind a paywall, I can't include a URL. However, if you would like to have a look, I saved a complete copy as Talking_Points_DavidGray_20191001.7z, which I can send to you via email. A message sent through the Google account through which I am submitting this request will be met with a reply with the page archive as soon as I see it.
- (2019-05-01, v:0.5.0) Surya Sun: Data Security Question
Hi Does ColumnCopy just copy content to the Local Clipboard or does it store the column else where in the cloud? Thanks, Suresh
- (2018-10-12, v:0.5.0) tatum Bisley: Not working
using Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2018-09-20, v:0.5.0) Rezal Ramli: column copy does not work on my google chrome browser version 69.0.3497.100
column copy does not work on my google chrome browser version 69.0.3497.100
- (2018-05-22, v:0.5.0) ColumnCopy does not work correctly on my installation of Chrome
I have Chrome Version 60.0.3112.101 (Official Build) (32-bit) with ColumnCopy installed & enabled but it doesn't work as the column copy in Firefox works. In Firefox, you click & drag the cell highlighting down for the number of cells that you want to select, copy them & then paste them. In my installation of Chrome, columncopy intermittently copies ALL of the cells in a column. You don't get the option to select specific cells to copy. What is wrong with my setup?
- (2017-11-30, v:0.5.0) Using In AdWords Beta
It would be amazing if Column Copy would work in the new AdWords Beta!
- (2017-07-07, v:0.4.0) Copies when you click
This was working well all of a sudden it will start coping columns or table when you click. This has happen on my work and my home laptops each time I have to disable the extension. Reading the comments it seems to be a common problem
- (2017-06-27, v:0.4.0) Nathalie: Keeps copying columns/zooming when I left click
I didn't change the default keybindings and I'm not pressing any keys on the keyboard. But when I click on a page (even in gmail, clicking on an email message) causes the entire page to get copied to clipboard. Basically any time I simply click with the left mouse button it copies. Please advise how to stop this behavior.
- (2017-03-29, v:0.4.0) Delete it
I deleted column copy from chrome but it is still working even after that. what else do I need to do?