YouTube with more freedom
Iridium provides extra functionalities while watching YouTube™ !!! WARNING !!! This extension is only compatible with the new YouTube™ Material layout which can be enabled here: https://www.youtube.com/new This extension was not developed to work with the classic YouTube™ layout, please change your YouTube™ layout to the new one via the link provided above! !!! WARNING !!! Features highlight: - Play your videos in a pop-out window - Turn off 60fps - Allow ads only in videos from your subscribed channels - Blacklist entire channels from your suggestions and search results - Make the player fill the entire browser with the Fullbrowser mode feature - Player always visible where you want while reading the comments - Reverse any playlist - Take video screenshots and save them - View and save the video thumbnail like old times - Bring back the total number of videos uploaded by the creator - Use the relative video post time to know quickly how old the video is - Control comment section visibility - and many more! Check the full list of features here: https://github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium/wiki/Features Do not use the review section for bug support, use the issue tracker instead: https://github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium Visit the release tracker for the changelogs: https://github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium/releases
- (2021-12-03) Eli S: totally broken now
- (2021-08-24) Number_055: It was a great extension up until about a year ago, when it broke and was never fixed. Still has a handful of useful features, but it's not worth installing anymore.
- (2021-05-07) Nobody: My complaint about the video not loading or playing has already been stated by many here.
- (2021-04-30) Paris: Awful. Nothing works. The autoplay stopper can't be used because it stops the video from playing altogether. The scroll for volume doesn't work. Nothing. Works.
- (2021-04-03) Michael Hraba: I should say... loved it. But it's broken. Video buffer wheel just goes and goes... this extension broke for me around April 2nd, out of NOWHERE. So if you're confused... yup, this extension is dead and no longer supported.
- (2021-03-28) wang dang sweet poon tang: the extension is officially dead
- (2021-03-19) Darkness Craft: videos dont start
- (2021-03-16) Stuart Olsson: Doesn't work at all. Can't play any videos. People have been saying it'll be fixed since 2019 and that hasn't happened. The app is dead. Don't bother downloading it
- (2021-02-22) Karen Pötter: A extensão causa erros recorrentes na visualização dos vídeos. A ideia e as funcionalidades são boas, mas terei que procurar outra extensão similar, visto que esta, ao que parece, foi abandonada pelo suporte.
- (2021-02-19) Bob Ross: its 2021 and the youtube videos still wont play- you have to refresh.
- (2021-01-21) Duxast 33: Добавляю канал в чёрный список , но видео с этого канала не исчезают , в чёрном списке он числится . Как решить проблему ?
- (2020-12-17) Afinn: C'était une super extension, mais elle n'est plus mise à jour depuis deux ans. Vu que Youtube évolue quant à lui tout le temps, la plupart des fonctionnalités ne marchent juste plus.
- (2020-11-26) Truffel: Needs an update, videos dont start.
- (2020-10-30) Użytkownik Google: Iridium + uBlock/AdGuard = autoplay error (https://i.imgur.com/U8vICep.png). If we disable uBlock we have ads, if we disable Iridium all works fine - no ads, autoplay. Weird.
- (2020-08-31) Valentin Maupin: Extension au top quand je l'ai téléchargé mais se dégrade chaque mois qui passe. Les fonctionnalités sont cassées et mes vidéos youtube ont du mal à se lancer (écran gris et je suis obligé de rafraichir la page pour que la vidéo se lance).
- (2020-07-30) divyx: L'extension était très bonne au début, mais au fur et à mesure, certaines fonctionnalités se sont mis à buger, et l'extension m'empêche même de regarder correctement une vidéo, je suis obligé d'actualiser la page pour voir une vidéo. Dommage car l'extension était vraiment intéressante mais il faudrait faire une misa à jour.
- (2020-07-16) Yonder: For those having issues with videos playing wether "Play video automatically" is enabled or disabled, install the "Stop Youtube Autoplay" Version 1.3, ID: npcghnpganhnghapekiicaeiobnhbbfa. Make sure to click the extension icon and set the switch to ON. Clicking on a YouTube link initially will cause the video not to play. However, when you reload, it will play and any other youtube pages you navigate from this reloaded page will also have the video play. It's not a perfect solution but it's the best one for those who don't want to abandon this extension.
- (2020-07-15) Nomini Nom: its all great and stuff but comments not showing by themselves and having to click them on every video is a bit annoying and there is no setting to disable that
- (2020-04-10) mons484: Extension is now Firefox only and has broken after the recent YouTube update. Autoplay is broken and throws "An error occurred" message causing you to refresh the page each time. It would have been nice not having to go to GitHub, dig through closed bug reports to find that the project was abandoned. Devs don't have time, I won't deny that, but I'm sure one can find 5 minutes to update the chrome web store description.
- (2020-04-06) gon 911: уже неделю при переходе на новое видео пишет ошибка, повторите попытку позже, и номер ошибки каждый раз меняется, при обновлении страницы видео начинается воспроизведение
- (2020-04-06) Ed: Very good extension, but it breaks every video so I have to refresh the page to watch the video. Please fix.
- (2020-04-06) Mikkohardy: Very good extension but when playing youtube videos i have to refresh every video
- (2020-04-04) Hassan Zakai: Developer abandoned the chrome version.
- (2020-04-03) Duncan: Dev doesn't support chrome
- (2020-04-03) Keanan Smith: Youtube has changed something in their script which causes videos to not play when using this extension. The developer of this extension has abandoned the Chrome Version of this plugin and is hostile to those who submit bug reports on their Github.
- (2020-04-01) Alex00712: It was great and worked flawlessly until just recently. now I have to refresh the page to play the video (Unless I middle click to open in new tab, cause then it works as expected. For some unknown reason) I would hope for this issue to be resolved soon, cause I really like it otherwise. Edit:Recently found out the dev has moved to firefox only, It was good while it still worked at least...
- (2020-03-31) ViNiCiUs: Extensão muito boa! É uma pena o desenvolvedor ter a abandonado o suporte ao Chrome, e manter o suporte a extensão apenas no Concorrente..
- (2020-03-30) Zyn Lrm: This used to be (mostly) great. The autoplay feature has always been broken for me (if you don't allow autoplay then video will not play at all .... ever) but the rest of the features worked well. But now it's just more trouble than it's worth. It regularly breaks video playback (you just get a black screen with 'An error occurred' in the playback window and have to refresh the window several times) it also completely breaks the playlist view in the 'Up Next' side panel and causes other problems. It's not had an update in a long time (script version) and the Firefox extension version is utterly useless because it has pretty much no features whatsoever.
- (2020-03-30) GMBJLL: В новом интерфейсе не работает управление плейлистом. Качал зря.
- (2020-03-30) Andrei Korbut: The plugin is buggy as hell. Play button just doesn't respond to clicks. It can be fixed by switching autoplay on, but this way is not obvious. Nothing personal, but do I really have to google just to watch a video? Also switching between videos in a playlist using the right side menu causes "try again later" error that dissapears after page reloading.
- (2020-03-28) Shiki -: 요즘들어 에러가 발생하고 있는데 빠른 해결 부탁드립니다.
- (2020-03-27) Paulo D'Andréa: Doesn't work anymore, every video crashes saying "something went wrong" and user needs to reload the page for the video to load. There hasn't been an update for over a year. Look for something else, this one is completely abandoned.
- (2020-03-27) FC맷돌: 재생목록 역순으로 하려고 깔았는데 재생목록에 아이콘들이 다 사라져버리네요, 혹시 레드랑 충돌이있나요?? 필요한 기능을 쓸수가 없습니다..
- (2020-03-27) 아링: 최근들어 재생목록 이용시 에러가 발생하고있어요 확장자를 제거 하니 재생목록이 재생되네요 이 문제를 빨리 해결해주면 좋겠습니다
- (2020-03-23) Dorian Leroux: Application intéressante quand elle n'empêche pas les vidéos de se lire ce qui est maintenant le cas pour beaucoup de monde apparemment...
- (2020-03-22) Phuc Trinh: keep having this error "An error occurred. Please try again later." every time opening a new video, have to refresh for the video to play.
- (2020-03-21) Stainbine Jahblontski: Playback Issues abound. I like several of the features offered with this extension, several of which are not offered by other youtube overhaul extensions, but several issues may arise when using this extension. I have tested this by disabling my other extensions and isolated this particular extension as the only factor in the issues. This may be due to me using the old [VASTLY superior] youtube layout, but iridium should be programmed to work with the old layout if that is the problem, I'd imagine people using this extension would prefer the old layout. Videos may not play [they may just have the youtube logo and triangle ontop of a black screen with an unplayable video], the video might be stuck loading on a black screen, or every video will start off with a playback error [[An error occured. Please try again later. (Playback ID: X) Learn More]] on a grey screen requiring a refresh of the page for every video watched. Also, it sometimes seems the extension slows down video loading at first, maybe it'll take a few more seconds to stop the loading animation before the video starts, but this is just a light observation, without iridium though is seems to load smoothly and quick. The issues stop entirely after disabling the extension, and I have many other extensions that work perfectly fine together so they are not the problem themselves. The issue (only one at any time) changed for me when disabling and renabling the extension, I recently had constant playback errors on every video, but now after refreshing the extension it can't play the videos. I liked this extension previously, but many issues have plagued it in recent times, so for that reason its probably more trouble than its worth and I'll give it a 2/5, when it works as intended it'd get a 4/5. Also the reverse playlist function is broken, even across all different youtube extensions like improve youtube; it always scrambles and breaks the playlist once it reaches the 21st video, if this is possible to fix [maybe not since its a universal youtube playlist issue] it should be considered. As I was writing this I did get a playback error without iridium, but I will say it seemed to not be nearly as consistent as it was the last two days before messing around with my extensions; this might be from refreshing iridium so it seemed to clean up the playback error issue. The issues are inconsistent now. Still quite sure iridium had something to do with most of the issues. Still a dumpster fire of a once great youtube extension, it just doesn't work well anymore [it once did] at all.
- (2020-03-21) Tristan Studenberg: Downloaded for the reverse playlist option, couldn't find the reverse playlist button literally anywhere on the page, and the extension also manages to break the youtube player half the time.
- (2020-03-21) Serena: This extension is amazing but for the last few days it hasn't been working with youtube. I keep getting error "An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: random numbers)" so unfortunately I have to remove it for now since I can't play my videos with this extension. :(
- (2020-03-20) awk: Used to be great, but the author stopped supporting this extension long ago. This really should come with a disclaimer. https://github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium/issues/737
- (2020-03-18) Tiến Dũng Phạm: Love it!
- (2020-03-15) Roxas Hanson: please fix the reverse playlist button please!
- (2020-03-06) HB: Reverse Playlist not Working too
- (2020-02-25) Edisa Villa: Nice extension except the 'Enable reverse playlist control' is not working. Hopefully the developers do something about this.
- (2020-01-30) Get To The Point Already: Used to work well. I used it initially as a replacement for "Reverse YouTube playlist" since the devs left that project like a dead beat dad leaves their son to escape child support. Seems to be the same issue here as well. Reversing Playlists don't work and it's collecting more and more bugs that are getting unresolved. ABANDONWARE. Get Improve YouTube! (Open-Source for YouTube) instead. It actually does something.
- (2020-01-12) Adrian Ma: Settings don't save. Scroll wheel for volume doesn't work.
- (2020-01-02) Ahmed Deghady: Greatest plugin ever for Youtube. Thanks.
- (2019-12-20) Piotr Rybak: It enables a multitude of unwanted features and asks for a donation right away, while the only feature that I installed this extension for isn't even working. The help button refers to a non-existing page on GitHub and even though I managed to find the correct page eventually, it didn't help in any way. I'm giving it the lowest rate because of the reverse playlist feature not working whatsoever and for the extension itself being inexcusably intrusive.
- (2019-12-16) Rudolpher: No longer supported on Chrome.
- (2019-12-14) Elena Graf: Ставила ради возможности управления направлением воспроизведения плейлиста, а оно не работает (((
- (2021-06-09, v:0.2.5) Carlos Leituga: Option to choose quick controls
Would it be possible to add an option to show or hide individual quick control buttons?
- (2021-03-20, v:0.2.5) Jae Barclay: Overlaid list in a pop-up video
First of all, thank you so much for this great extension. When I pop-up a video and enlarge it, a list gets overlaid on top of the video. Here's a sample screenshot: https://cloudup.com/cpWete250Ah The overlaid list does not appear when the pop-up is at the default size nor if it's fullscreen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- (2020-11-27, v:0.2.5) Apollyon: 60 FPS block doesn't work anymore
Ever since last month the 60FPS block doesn't work anymore for 1080p. When I enable it, the highest quality option is 720p. Will there be a fix for this problem?
- (2020-07-13, v:0.2.5) Alkaris: Scroll Wheel Controls Volume, but it also scrolls the page
Could you fix the behaviour of Use Scroll Wheel to Change Volume level, and not have it scroll the page while the mouse cursor is hovered over the video player? it's bit annoying when you just want to adjust the video volume and the page scrolls down with it, forcing you to have to scroll the page back up again to continue to adjusting the volume. Perhaps an On-Hover event with the mouse cursor over the video.
- (2020-07-10, v:0.2.5) Syma Kahil: Youtube error not fixed by disabling auto play
Hello, "Disable "Play videos automatically" and it seems that YouTube will work again without the annoying "Playback Error" message." It fixes the "playback error" but the video won't load on its own still. You still need to refresh the page. Is there a fix? Thanks
- (2020-04-14, v:0.2.5) Bogdan Ilisei: If you're getting "Playback Error" just disable "Play videos automatically"
Disable "Play videos automatically" and it seems that YouTube will work again without the annoying "Playback Error" message.
- (2020-04-08, v:0.2.5) gaahinalover: can't reverse playlists
I have been unable to reverse playlists for months, and I tried going to the 'youtube.com/new' that doesn't do anything meaning whatever it did is youtube's default now. I only used Iridium for the ability to reverse playlists so I could watch them in the proper order
- (2020-04-07, v:0.2.5) King Des: Youtube issue
idk what youtube did to the add-on but everytime i watch a full video then it starts the next one if watching a play list the video will not load i also see that the page doesnt refresh like it does normally when a new video shows i have to manually refresh then works but makes it annoying when listening to music & gives this error (picture link below) it only happens when this add-on is enabled please fix this i enjoy using this i dont want to lose such agreat add-on for youtube "" https://i.imgur.com/PZQ8Dce.png ""
- (2020-04-03, v:0.2.5) Evander Lobo: Error when first opening a video
Like many others have pointed out, opening a video will give me an error. Refreshing the page will immediately fix it, but it's a bit annoying. I've disabled the app for the time being, but will re-enable as soon as the problem is solved.
- (2020-03-29, v:0.2.5) Mortal Mercury: Can't reproduce videos without refreshing the page
The same as everyone really, hope you can fix it, thanks
- (2020-03-24, v:0.2.5) ratchetdrums: Youtube videos displaying 'An Error Occurred' (Playback ID #########)
With the extension enabled on the latest version of Chrome (80.0.3987.149) every youtube link I click loads an error. Reloading the page fixes the problem but I've had to disable the extension for the time being which is a shame as Iridium is my favourite Youtube extension for chrome. Hope this can be fixed in the near future!
- (2020-03-24, v:0.2.5) Phill Green: Have to refresh every video to play
Subject says it all.
- (2020-03-22, v:0.2.5) Agustín Servetti: Iridium causing error while playing videos, and block channel option
Hi guys! So a couple of days ago I started having an issue while trying to play videos on YouTube because I'm getting "An error occurred, please try again late" - although it gets fixed after refreshing the page. Realized it only happens when you try to play a video from the same tab and not if you open it in a new one. Anyway so I tried clearing cookies and cache, as well as reinstalling Chrome - without any luck. Finally after disabling Iridium I got it to work. Honestly I've been using the extension for a couple of years now and I'd wish I can keep using it without any issue, so I'd appreciate if that can be solved. One more thing - it seems like the block channel option hasn´t been working fully for a couple of months. Basically I still get suggestions in the home page for those channels. Let me know if there's anything I can do from my end to help you. Thanks!
- (2020-03-22, v:0.2.5) Erick Gonzalez: Playback error when Iridium is installed
With Iridium is installed for chrome i get this error the videos dont play until i refresh the page uininstalling iridium fixes the error but ive been using iridium for years now and i really dont want to stop ![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/62255109/77239814-25768b80-6bb5-11ea-9585-81f3a00ad988.png)
- (2020-03-21, v:0.2.5) RubySapior: An error occurred. Please try again later.
Its just this extension. I checked cache, ran it in incognito. Just this program when I click on a video. Have to click refresh every video for video to load. Started happening a few days ago.
- (2020-01-16, v:0.2.5) OTR Gazer: Reverse Playlist not working
I have the new YouTube layout installed and everything else is in perfect working order, but the Reverse Playlist button is not being displayed. I have checked to see if the option was enabled(it was) and also disabled the option, refreshed, enabled and refreshed again. I removed the Chrome Extension and added it again, but still no progress.
- (2019-11-26, v:0.2.5) Олег Литвин: Block video dont work(((
On the main page and in the column on the right (when watching a video) this function does not work. When you click on the main menu, the video after clicking removes and adds to "Emergency", but when you refresh the page, the videos from these channels again fall into my recommended ones. In fact, the function stopped working in the last days (last 1-2 weeks).
- (2019-09-19, v:0.2.5) Archie: Youtube videos do not start when this extension is active
Subject says it all. I have to click the thumbnail to play it, BUT even then, most of the time the video does not play. Then I have to refresh the page upwards of 4 times before it becomes playable, if I'm lucky.
- (2019-09-18, v:0.2.5) Maurice Verdonk: Iridium stopped working in latest Opera!?
Your plugin worked till yesterday in Opera, but as of today it stopped working completely. This makes me sad, because I prefer your plugin over Magic Action, but as of today no video will work no matter what I tried. :( I remember that you mentioned some where earlier this year that you needed time for personal reasons. I get that I really do, but please if you see this and you have a chance to update then I and every one else who likes your plugin will be extremely grateful.
- (2019-09-15, v:0.2.5) Gizmoriderful Ye: Improvement Suggestion
Hi. I recently changed to your fine product from Magic Actions, but it seems to miss one important feature: Opening comments section automatically or option for it. Any chance to implement?
- (2019-09-14, v:0.2.5) Rainbow Warrior Princess: "Display uploaded videos number" doesn't work anymore
Please fix this
- (2019-09-05, v:0.2.5) Baptiste N: video reading during search
When a video is playing and I go back on the home page, the video stops instead of continuing at the bottom right, as before :/
- (2019-09-02, v:0.2.5) ramonster163: Completely broken.
App is completely broken and hasn't been updated since Jan 2019.
- (2019-08-27, v:0.2.5) Andrew Cruz: Adblock Disabled
Every time I have both Adblock Plus and Iridium enabled, Adblock gets corrupted and I have to reinstall it
- (2019-08-23, v:0.2.5) Charles Poitras: Video bug
The videos won't start by themselves,so I must start them manualy after I already clicked on the thumbnail
- (2019-06-24, v:0.2.5) Daniele Piretti: Scrolling bug
Scrolling to change volume makes the entire page scroll down and doesn't show the volume level