Full-featured Philips Hue remote for Chrome
ChromeHue allows you to control the Philips Hue bulbs from your browser by using a nice user-friendly UI. NEW: I made an experimental ChromeHue version for Firefox, you can download it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/chromehue/ UPDATE NOTE 2.1.4 BETA (December 21, 2017) Important bugs fixed UPDATE NOTE 2.1.3 BETA (March 24, 2017) - The Color Picker has been fully reworked to handle 2 of the 3 methods offered by PhilipsHue: "Hue/Sat"" and "CIE Color Space". The third method "Color temperature" will arrive soon. Note: CIE Color Space method is much more accurate (mostly for Green, Cyan and Orange). - Minor bugs fixed UPDATE NOTE 2.0.2 BETA (March 15, 2017) -Fix scrollbar issue on the screen to find a bridge UPDATE NOTE 2.0.1 BETA (March 15, 2017) -Fix manifest permissions mistake UPDATE NOTE 2.0.0 BETA (March 15, 2017) - ChromeHue has been fully rewritten and redesigned - Room management - The app can now manage multiple bridges (you can switch between them from the sidebar) - In-app purchases has been disabled during the beta period and will be reactivated at the end of the beta. Of course, no need to buy the group management again if you have already purchased it - A FireFox version is coming UPDATE NOTE 1.1.6 (October 5, 2015): Bug fix: Can't buy the group management feature from MAC OSX UPDATE NOTE 1.1.4 (October 4, 2015): The development of ChromeHue takes me a lot of time, for this reason i've decided to monetize the group feature. This feature costs 0.99 USD and allow to use the group management feature forever. I hope you understand this choice. UPDATE NOTE 1.1.2 (October 3, 2015): - ChromeHue is now ready to work with the Bridge-v2 update available October 6. - New authentication system (pairing required) - You can now edit your groups! Features list: - Switch bulbs on/off (for lights and groups) - Change brightness (for lights and groups) - Change hue (lights and groups) - Blink bulbs (lights and groups) - Enable color loop (lights and groups) - Display/edit bulb informations - Create/edit/delete groups - Very easy setup and friendly UI - Auto-discover your bridge on your local network More information : - Developed and tested with the bridge sofware version 01023599 - Currently, the remote API is not implemented, which mean you must be on the same local network as your bridge to communicate with it. Feedbacks & Bug report : [email protected]
- (2019-12-28) Carpe Nocta: Die beste, weil kompakteste Erweiterung für das Hue System. Nutze sie fast täglich. Schade, dass es seit 2017 keine Updates mehr gibt. Als kleinen Ansporn hab ich wenigstens gerade eine Spende an den Entwickler gesendet... ;)
- (2019-11-05) Ayan Pal: Simple and clean. Works great. Thank you.
- (2019-10-02) michael dennis: Great extension with a fatalish flaw. I've been using this for around a year now- it works great if your bridge isn't running off of a DHCP lease. Every time my IP address changes on the bridge, the entire application fails to communicate with it. It seems like there's some logic written in to handle IP address changes (when i press "find bridges", it finds the bridge on the new IP address and says its authorized to communicate with it). However, I can't get it to stop sending requests to the old IP with the only fix being to reinstall the extension & re-authorize the bridge. That being said, assign the bridge to a static IP on your router and you wont have this problem.
- (2019-08-18) Benjamin Corcoran: So excited to have this ability from my computer.
- (2019-08-18) Ian Taylor: Perfect. I've been trying several Hue controllers and they are either too costly or bugg. This one has a simple interface, does everything I need and works perfectly. Nice one!
- (2019-08-07) Martin Lukki: This is amazing and should be provided by Hue itself. I 💗 it and I've send donation to the author to support this great work.
- (2019-06-13) scatrbrain: No longer works as of 6-05-2019, says network not available. But literally everything else works, all chrome extensions, every one of my 40+ network devices work just fine. No issue with network connectivity.
- (2019-05-11) Maik F: Einwandfrei um seine Hue´s direkt aus dem Browser heraus zu konfigurieren.
- (2019-05-05) Jeff McAtee: I've been looking for a way to control my Phillips Hue lights from my computer for a while now and this extension just plain works! Very nice work. The interface is clean and easy to understand and setup was a breeze, thanks for a great tool. Only trouble I had was figuring out that I had to press the big button on my Hue Bridge to "Activate" (connect) this extension to the Bridge. From one programmer to another GREAT WORK!!!
- (2019-05-03) Public Csanfred: C'est parfait ! Simple, clair, facile à apairer également ! Beau boulot, bravo !
- (2019-04-26) Donald Whittaker: I love this extension. No muss or fuss installation and configuration. Great app.
- (2019-04-19) Dev Sahay: I like this extension because I can change the color, blink lights, and even colorloop! However, a suggestion would be to add the Philips Hue scenes. Otherwise, it is a GREAT extension!
- (2019-04-15) team admin: the whole concept is pointless.. if you cannot create different groups with different light colours ! if you set up particular colours for the lights within one group... it will reproduce these colours too all other groups.. this is silly
- (2019-04-14) Jonathan Conning: Does exactly what it promises.
- (2019-04-07) Alexandra Heman: Just perfect. Simple, clean UI and a super easy setup. There are many theme color options, which was a pleasant surprise, and I love that you can choose to have it open to either the lights, groups, or rooms tab. Thanks to the developer for making such a great extension!
- (2019-03-27) Andrew Blessing: Amazing! Thank you! You have removed a daily frustration from my life. Donation is on the way!
- (2019-03-25) B. B.: Works perfectly. There are SO MANY TIMES, I want to turn my lights on - but my iPad battery is dead. My cell phone is dead...and ALL I have is my Chromebook...Thankfully I found this extension. It's not perfect - but it's solid and gets the job done. 4 stars.
- (2019-03-11) Josh Loken: All around very useful. Lights can be turned on/off or have color set individually, in groups, or by room. I think the only feature missing is scenes.
- (2019-03-09) Brilliantly simple, just what I needed for controlling lights and switches.
- (2019-02-16) Thorsten Fischer: Vielen Dank das sie diese Erweiterung bereit stellen ;)
- (2019-02-12) Danny Walcoff: Works great!
- (2019-01-20) austin waugh: works, just wish you could match to the screen
- (2019-01-06) Doesn't seem to work. It can find my Hue Bridge but it keeps giving me an unhelpful "Network Unavailable" error msg. Is there any proper documentation?
- (2019-01-04) Jimmy Wärting: loses connection sometimes, can't change color...
- (2018-11-27) Nick Glazer: Well done extension! Easy to use UI, setup, and overall experience. I'd say there are some UI engineers who could learn a thing or two from your work :) Only thing I would add is a dark UI theme
- (2019-07-29, v:2.1.4) James Tarquin: Network Not Available
The extension can no longer connect to my bridge. The bridge is found on local network, but also has an error bar that states "Network Not Available"
- (2019-04-25, v:2.1.4) Cm Fx: Extension wont work at all after moving to new router
I moved to a new apartment and I can find all lamps but they are the old name from the old apartment, in the app its correct but your extension wont refresh when I press refresh and I cant change the lights........ I will now try reinstalling and if thataw
- (2019-01-15, v:2.1.4) System music setting does not work
When I try to use the system music setting it tells me that it can't sync with audio on a mac. Is there a way to resolve this? I've figured out a work around forcing it to use an audio source as a microphone but after reading everything it seems the system source has a much better sync with the lights and would much prefer to use that instead. Thanks!
- (2019-01-10, v:2.1.4) Moved offices and now only 1/2 lights are responding to hub
Hi there - we have Philips hue strips under our desks making for a great ambiance in our dark studio. We recently moved and when everything was re-hooked up the hub only recognized 5 of the 16 lights. And some of those 5 are responding to color change BUT I can't seem to identify them on the dashboard. Is there a way to re-initiate? Thanks for any/all help!
- (2018-12-01, v:2.1.4) Ryan Ulrich: i cant authorize chromehue to use my bridge and im pressing the button
the app locates my bridge and i press the button but it still sayes locked
- (2018-10-19, v:2.1.4) jimmy smith: doesnt detect my light
detects my bridge ok but then nothing works and there is no light showing under LIGHTS or GROUPS how do i get it to detect my light?
- (2018-10-06, v:2.1.4) Bruno Martini: Isuue On Windows 10 - 1803
I have a problem with the authorization of the bridge with your extension on Chrome 69.0.3497.100 and Windows 10 - 1803 I continue to have the authorization request but by pressing the button on the bridge nothing happens. It seems that on Windows 7 there are no problems. thank you regards
- (2018-07-01, v:2.1.4) David Griffen: network issues
worked great, at first. now it always says network not found. i am on my network 24/7, thats not the issue. clearly the extention is broken somehow now. still finds my hub, still shows my lights and setups. yet i have no control of the lights now.
- (2018-06-25, v:2.1.4) Felix Sieder: Unable to use
I get stuck right at the setup point. It's unable to find my bridge on my network and if I go via direct IP it doesn't acknowledge that I'm pressing the Authorize button. It just gets stuck on that screen and doesn't go any further. Any help would be appreciated as it's something I really want to use.
- (2018-06-05, v:2.1.4) 2.1.4
How do I get this latest version? I'm currently running 2.1.3.