Lightswitch — a chrome extension for Philips Hue lights
Lightswitch allows you to control the Philip Hue lights. "Amazing! Much faster than taking out my phone!" "Fastest and easiest UI ever" "Police theme scared my wife" "I love controlling the lights with my voice, futuristic" "Web sync feature blows my mind" You are only one press away from turning the lights on or off — right from your browser. Home automation was never faster. Choose a dynamic scene, dim the lights, browse 3 million colors from colourlovers.com, 16k colors for your lights, all from the comfort of your browser. Works on Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chromebooks. UPDATES: • Introducing Voice enabled lights: click the mic, and try saying 'turn the lights on', 'turn bedroom on', 'set brightness to 90%'. • Ambience eye updates: refresh speed and primary colors Features: • Ambient Eye mode - transfer colors from the web to your home. • 10+ dynamic light scenes, including: Romantic Red, Disco, Christmas, New Years fireworks, Police lights! • Single-click virtual light switch for quick on/off of the selected group. • Auto bridge discovery & manual bridge IP entry. • Office & warm lights presets — Kelvin degrees, Fluorescent lights. • 16k full color spectrum selection via two color wheels. • Select to control groups of lights, or individual lights. • Access to previously used Meethue.com scenes. • 3 Million palettes from colourlovers! Setup: 1. After installing Lightswitch you will need connectivity to Philips Hue MeetHue.com Portal, or you can enter an IP address of the bridge yourself. 2. When the bridge is found, you see the "press the link button" message - press the middle button on the bridge to authenticate the extension. 3. Control your lights from any home Chrome browser (Mac, PC, Linux, Chromebooks) while on the same WiFi network. No further setup necessary. The application dims all the lights on and off with a single mouse click, the dynamic scenes work as long as the browser is open. You can control it from the lightbulb popup icon in the browser bar on the top right. We all spend 80% of our free time in front of the computer, mostly online. The phone is in it's dock, charging. The lightswitch should be inside your browser — now it is. A mouse click away. About Philip Hue lights To use this app you would have to buy and setup the Philips Hue starter kit. The Hue lights are digitally controlled lights using WiFi and Zigbee protocols. Available here: http://bit.ly/lightswitchhue For updates, bugs and ideas, please contact [email protected], http://sadakov.com, or on tweeter at @cdima. Cheers to Chromehue & Philips & Lifx. A free version of the original Lightswitch for Chrome is available here: http://bit.ly/huelights
- (2017-12-29) Topher Sikorra: This is my go-to app to control my hue lights. I'm not sure if there's a way to fix the flickering when the app grabs the ambient window colors, but it's not too noticeable.
- (2017-12-08) Vasile Valentin Bogdan: Stuck on initializing, don't buy it!
- (2017-10-15) Thomas Rutledge: I love this app mainly due to the fact that you can see scenes other users have created. Some of them are insane! Ambient and evolving scenes, still scenes, they're dope af!
- (2017-07-12) Bobby Samsel: yo, can never initialize the hub, even when IP address entered, awesome when it did/does work
- (2017-05-20) Kevin Ohlsson: refunded to much cpu power for the ambient switch, no custom light scene, thanks anyways
- (2017-01-11) Brian Baskette: works the way I hopped
- (2016-08-03) Way more convenient than having to take my phone out. Feature request: be able to type in a color temperature (as a number) as well as by inputting an rgb/hex value.
- (2015-04-17) Bryan Flores: Excellent extension. I prefer to control my lights from my computer rather than from my tablet or phone since my computer is where I spend a great deal of my time. This manages that task admirably. It allows you to control all lights, groups of lights, or individual lights. You can dim or change colors, and it gives you access to a small number of dynamic scenes as well as linking you to a community with a large number of other dynamic scenes. It also allows you to access your own personal scenes. It won't replace your need for any other application because it doesn't (yet?) Have the ability to set timers or create scenes, but I find it very useful and very easy to use.
- (2015-02-27) Yulia Sadakova: Exactly what I needed to control the lights. The issue was that the phone is away and I wanted to control it easily. Nice dynamic scenes, want some custom profiles in the future, thanks!
- (2015-02-05) Lukas Böhm: I really like playing around with my hues directly in chrome. Great idea, great app!
- (2015-01-26) Carlos Aróstico: La funcion Ambient Web colors no funciona si se usa en pantalla completa ahi pierde toda utilidad en videos, aparte de que tarda en arrancar. la idea es buena pero no funciona.
- (2015-01-25) Eduardo Batista: wow this is really nice and no need to launch any programs, its build in to the browser. way better than the Hue app for the iphone
- (2015-01-23) Yulia Sadakova: Loving the extension, thanks for making it. I would love more themes and maybe social integration in the next version? Works well with the starter kit.
- (2014-11-19) Steve Pye: The app has potential, but I can't seem to control the entire group of lights at all. Seems to only work with single bulbs. The dynamic scenes aren't changing anything, the individual colors only work on whichever bulb is selected on the Rooms tab, and the portal scenes are only working on the first three hue bulbs that came in my starter pack, but aren't working on the three additional bulbs that I also have. Keep at it, and keep maintaining this, because it has potential, but it's still got quite a bit of work that needs to be done.
- (2018-01-27, v:3.0.0) The Moistery Machine: Will this ever support LIFX bulbs?
There seems to be a fair few apps that support both, is this planned for a future version?
- (2017-12-29, v:3.0.0) Topher Sikorra: Assign tab to watch for ambient web capture
It would be cool if there was a way to "pin" the ambient color capture to a specific tab.
- (2016-12-02, v:3.0.0) Jo Jo Villanueva: Multiple charges
I was charged 3 times for lightswitch pro if you could please refund 2 of them for me thank you [email protected]
- (2016-10-13, v:3.0.0) Kyle H.: can't download
can't download, doesn't it sync with your google play balance?
- (2016-09-29, v:3.0.0) Robert Nasiadek: Brightness slider not working
Can't change the brightness. Doesn't work on any single light or group.
- (2016-09-26, v:3.0.0) Andrea Martina: Stuck on initializing
I am unable to connect your app to my Philips Hue Bridge (latest version SW/HW). It keeps saying not found, even if I type in the correct IP Address. Also if I run your app my whole mac gets stuck and does not work properly.
- (2016-07-15, v:3.0.0) Ross McLean: Ambient web colours not working
The thumbnail shows a broken webpage example, and the colour picker can't pick up the colours correctly. I'm running ChromeOS 51.
- (2016-07-07, v:3.0.0) Ross McLean: Stuck at initialising
After working a few times no bother, it's just stuck at the 'initialising' screen. It never advances by that.
- (2016-02-12, v:3.0.0) Nathan Rockhold: Stuck on initializing
It does not seem to work very well with the latest Hue Bridge
- (2016-02-09, v:3.0.0) bride
won't find bridge after hitting button on router plugged box that comes with lights or when typing ip address manually