Vertical panel with tabs
It is little extension which is try to emulate vertical layout tabs. - Base operation with tabs: open, closed, move; - Different visual themes; - Recent tabs; - Bookmarks; - Tabs Keeper: keeps tabs to browse them later; Known problems: - Attention! Turn off "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" Chrome in advanced settings for correct work vTabs; - Unfortunately vTabs is not native tabs; - vTabs can't work on New tab page, Google store pages and Chrome's setting pages; - Sometimes after first install need to reload opened tabs; - In some cases, some tabs can have blank or wrong favicon; - Don't work on pages with <frame> * If something is not working correctly, don't panic, just tell me.
- (2020-04-07) Gleidson Luis: Não funciona no meu Chrome.
- (2020-03-02) the modfather: Worthless, worked for about 30 seconds then stopped working.
- (2020-03-02) free land: no option focus on the active tab ..so it lost focus in many situation user must scroll up and down to find tab every time when above 30 tabs 😓
- (2020-01-25) Graham Perrin: Nice, but there seems to be cropping of content at pages such as this: https://www.theguardian.com/science/live/2020/jan/25/coronavirus-china-death-tolls-rises-to-41-as-france-confirms-three-cases
- (2019-11-10) Andrey Est: на любителя, мені більше сподобався Sidewise Tree Style Tabs
- (2019-08-16) Hugo Morales: I installed it but it's not doing anything. I can't even see it even though I chose the option to always show.
- (2019-07-04) Stelios Adamantidis: It has so many bells and whistles without doing the basics. OK it displays tabs vertically. Super. When switching to new tabs the panel disappears until the page is fully loaded. Very disruptive. Then the panel goes OVER the website content. Still needs work.
- (2019-05-24) E LeCaire: Loved this extension for a long long time. Recently, with it enabled, clicking on a link to a new page, then being on that page, results in it loading and indexing to the bottom automatically. Disable VTab doesn't happen. Enable VTab open a new tab but don't select/click on it while loading, it loads fine. Enable VTab open a link into a new tab and click on it before it's done loading, it loads than puts one at the bottom of the page.
- (2019-05-16) Evgeniy Gribkov: can`t uncheck 'Retina' ! не могу убрать галку Retina
- (2019-05-11) Marcus Perry: I liked the features of this, but it started making every webpage I would load scroll to the bottom of the page. Pretty annoying and I had to disable because of this.
- (2019-01-18) Very nice, probably as close to Firefox's TreeStyle Tabs as it is possible to get. 2 features from that addon I miss the most are closing a tab in the vertical bar with a middle-click, and scrolling through tabs with the mouse wheel
- (2019-01-06) Ринат Хайсман: Я наконец-то нашел, что так долго искал. Моя мечта исполнилась, больше не о чем мечтать. Настолько это опустошает.
- (2018-12-30) Chris Vydas: i like vtabs but i like VerticalTabs by Norio Shimizu better. For the time being I will keep both but so far as I see it is working very well.
- (2018-11-05) aytekin ozdemir: working good. Thanks..
- (2018-10-08) Артём Мирончев: nice
- (2018-09-21) Архип Дуликов: Good afternoon, thank you for the addition. Question. How can I use the up and down arrows to navigate inside the panel, so as not to use the mouse? Добрый день, спасибо за дополнение. Вопрос. Как можно использовать стрелочки вверх вниз для навигации внутри панели, что бы не пользоваться мышкой? Thanks!
- (2018-09-14) notgivin mahreelnm: Looking for a tree style tabs extension since I left Firefox. The ones that have a separate docked window are not acceptable. This one does most of what I need, but has one big major glaring problem: It obscures the left side of the page on many if not most web pages.
- (2018-08-24) Владимир Юрьевич: Все замечательно, хотелось бы функцию открытия в новом окне, при установки закладок дом. стр.
- (2018-07-12) Руслан Смирнов: If I open MHT or MHTML file - this extention NOT work correctly - on bootom page added all text from bookmarks... При открытии MHT или MHTML файлов данное расширение не работает корректно - в конце страницы добавляет тексты из закладок (тупо перечень всего)
- (2018-06-23) Matthias Mensen: It's cool because unlike Sideways or Tabs Outliner it doesn't use a seperate window. But without the ability to create trees and to use it on new tab pages etc. its not really useful.
- (2018-06-11) moi lois: not working well
- (2018-04-24) Andri Irawan: *... .
- (2018-04-13) Jake Botticello: Doesn't work.
- (2018-03-07) Vesa Tamminen: Sometimes work, often not. On extensions settings-page - scroll doesn't work. Using latest Chrome beta build + flag tweaks.
- (2018-03-06) Malibongwe Mthimkhulu: Thank you i have been looking for this ever since i migrated from Firefox. Please also add the feature to be able to drag a tab and place it at the bottom as it seems its not there yet. thanks a lot
- (2018-01-29) Geordon Worley: This is currently the best you will get for vertical tabs integrated into the browser window. Tree style tabs for firefox is more ideal, but I have this set up to show overtop of the screen and you can toggle it with alt+Q. This gives me vertical tabs that I can access fairly quickly. Unfortunately, it cannot resize the web page properly in many circumstances if you enable that, so you probably just want to have it in show/hide mode.
- (2018-01-18) Денис Дмитриев: Очень удобно! Не работает в паре с The Great Suspender. :(
- (2017-12-02) Razee Atead: the side bar is hiding part of the web page... many times important parts..
- (2017-11-22) NickNeZ: Постоянно сбрасывает настройки на дефолтные. Удалил.
- (2020-02-13, v:22.214.171.124) Melvyn Mildiner: Many pages get their content covered by this add-on
For some pages, leaving vTabs open effectively breaks their usability. For example, with vTabs on the left, I cannot access any of my Gmail labels. Is there a workaround or a settings I've missed?
- (2019-11-17, v:126.96.36.199) ВАСЯ пупкин: Обрезать название не только у вкладок.
Но и у закладок, закрытых вкладок и всего остального. А то выглядит некрасиво и пользоваться неудобно. Спасибо!
- (2019-11-05, v:188.8.131.52) Zilong Zhong: Some tabs have wrong favicon
Some tabs have wrong favicon
- (2019-11-04, v:184.108.40.206) Сергей Манерко: Newly loaded pages scroll to the bottom every time
>> Newly loaded pages scroll to the bottom every time Same problem Наблюдаю аналогичную проблему. Новые вкладки сразу скроллятся вниз. На 05.11.2019 использовать приложение не возможно из-за этого.
- (2019-10-21, v:220.127.116.11) Alan Johnson: DPI setting is global between screens
When I have windows open on each screen, the DPI setting is shared between the two, resulting in the buttons having different actual scale. But note that the rest of the Chrome interface does scale to the same perceptual size.
- (2019-10-14, v:18.104.22.168) David Desrosiers: Newly loaded pages scroll to the bottom every time
When using vTabs with the side menu visible, all newly-loaded pages will scroll to the very bottom of the page. I have to scroll back up to the top when I launch a new tab with a page in it, or reload an existing page. I had to add a tampermonkey script that lets me jump to the top/bottom to mitigate this, but it's very frustrating, especially on very long pages that scroll to the bottom. Is there a fix coming for this issue soon?
- (2019-09-18, v:22.214.171.124) Scott Gartner: Add reload to the right-click menu
I would love to be able to reload the selected tab in the right-click menu. It would also be cool if, like tabs, I could shift-click to select multiple tabs, then use the right-click menu to work on all selected tabs (like reload all selected tabs, or close all selected tabs, etc.).
- (2019-07-09, v:126.96.36.199) Lin Robert: Get a problem with Evernote Web Clipper
When I use Evernote Web Clipper while the vTabs running, the Evernote Web Clipper couldn't clip the web properly. Could you fix this? Like disable vTabs when detect the Evernote Web Clipper running.
- (2019-06-19, v:188.8.131.52) Frank van den Bor: not working
Hi it's nog working in chrome 74
- (2019-06-14, v:184.108.40.206) Kenneth Waldmann: Vertical Tabs Inconsistent
When I start Microsoft Edge, the vertical tab arrangement fails to appear consistently and I can't seem to get it to work. Also I see that others are having problems with pages opening at the bottom of the page, requiring me to scroll up to the top of the page manually. Is this an issue with Vtabs?
- (2019-04-26, v:220.127.116.11) Andriy D: Page down autoscroll issue
In Chrome 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) with this extension have page down autoscroll problem on many sites. Please fix it.