UI customizations and tweaks for the web version of YNAB.
Toolkit for YNAB is a general purpose extension that adds features to YNAB and makes it more flexible. Have it your way! There are many different features available once installing the Toolkit for YNAB. You can see the full list here: https://github.com/toolkit-for-ynab/toolkit-for-ynab/blob/master/docs/feature-list.md All of these are configurable with options in the extension options page. Features under consideration and the general status of the project is on our Trello Board here: https://trello.com/b/EzOvXlil/ynab-enhanced-roadmap. Feel free to vote, comment and suggest new features. If you want to contribute, it's best if you can let us know so we don't double up on effort. You can see what is being worked on and by whom on the roadmap. This is an open source community developed and maintained extension. It is not affiliated with YNAB in any way (other than that we use it) and YNAB has not endorsed this at all. You Need a Budget and YNAB are registered trademarks of Steine LLC and/or one of its subsidiaries. This [app/plugin/script] is not officially supported by YNAB in any way. As such, your use of this [app/plugin/script] is risky. There is a very real possibility that using this [app/plugin/script] could introduce problems into your budget that YNAB, through its official support channels, will not be able to troubleshoot or fix. Please use at your own risk!
- (2022-03-23) Todd Bewley: Very useful for avid YNABers. Lots of handy, customizable features. You'll be surprised when you open the options list to see what all it can do. The team that maintains it also does a fantastic job. Thanks for all your work!
- (2022-02-10) Samuel Tremblay: This extension is simply a masterpiece. Every features in this extension should be part of the core of YNAB in my opinion. At some point, I'm stumbled they are not already built-in considering how helpful and logical they are. I will really think twice to give my name to be part of the developpment process just to be sure to keep it alive in the future. Thanks! X 1 Million :D
- (2022-01-24) Davis: I had to take the time to just come back and write a review, AMAZING Extension!! I came across this extension by mistake and decided to give it a shot, I'm still very impressed about all the options, incredible job!
- (2021-11-14) TBIYTC: Well done!
- (2021-08-02) Billy Wooten: 5/5 Extension, YNAB should just copy this and give us all these options. I don't understand why they haven't the graphs are 50x better than the default ones. Also confetti for reconciling, just the cherry on top.
- (2021-07-09) James Dayhuff: completes the functionality for YNAB on the web
- (2021-07-04) Yen Ch'ng: Basically what YNAB should have been :)
- (2021-06-22) Manuela Mahlknecht: Aggiunge molte funzioni utili a Ynab. Merita 5 stelle, grazie!
- (2021-01-04) Ivan Smirnov: Excellent addition to YNAB! Beautiful reports, and fantastic quality of life improvements.
- (2020-10-29) Chuck Viau: I love Toolkit's expanded reports! I'd like to make a suggestion. I would love to be able to see the Income vs Expenses page as a graph. For example to be able to see a categorie like Groceries displayed as a bar graph over time so I can visualize my spending for each budget category. I'm currently exporting the data into Excel and creating graphs to see how my spending changes over time. This would be a great addition to an already great program!
- (2020-10-25) Andrew Doyon: Nice
- (2020-10-08) Shannon Bradley: I really appreciate and benefit from YNAB Toolkit! It's a great extension to help add some great features and options for individual customization. Great! Thank you developer(s)!
- (2020-09-06) Tina Y Gonzales: It says it saves Dark Mode but when I refresh YNAB it is not in dark mode. :(
- (2020-07-12) Trent Porter: Great!
- (2020-06-25) Bradford Hull: Very Very Helpful to YNAB web app users!
- (2020-04-15) Joe S: This adds so much more functionality to YNAB that I think this should be brought into YNAB by default. Keep up the great work!
- (2020-03-25) Kelly Arwine: Absolutely love this extension! Not sure what I would do without it. Probably not use YNAB. :)
- (2020-01-17) Sho Ricardo Arata Higa: just great!
- (2019-11-24) Luc Mercier: C'est un plus lorsqu'on utilise YNAB. Ça permet plusieurs manipulation de l'affichage très utile. L’extension est souvent mise à jour, ce qui permet qu'elle soit toujours utilisable malgré les modifications de YNAB.
- (2019-11-14) Andrejs Stepanovs: Great stuff! I hope it dose not steal my data thou..
- (2019-09-15) Chris House: Life saver
- (2019-08-15) Stephanie Snoddy: Great extension! Thank you!
- (2019-07-22) Paul Watson: 👍 Fixes a bunch of issues, adds may useful improvements, an excellent addition to YNAB. Many thanks to the developers and the community for all of your efforts. You are helping to take some of the stress away from those who already carry a weight, I for one really appreciate it.
- (2019-07-21) Nancy Pickering: Really impressed by how much this improves the usability of YNAB.
- (2019-05-17) Recharge Guru no 1: Nice
- (2019-04-11) Miranda Baird: Why am I just finding out about the extension now?? Love the toolkit and YNAB. Perfect!
- (2019-04-09) Krystal Bullers: Just the ability to see the balance alone is a godsend. Really appreciate all the work the folks do to make a great app so much better.
- (2019-03-22) Mark McEwan: Excellent app. I wish YNAB support staff would tell you about it when you ask about a functionality that YNAB itself doesn't have. Oh well.
- (2019-02-19) Becky Gardner: I finally decided to switch from YNAB 4 in February and wanted to make my budget start from Jan 1 for the purpose of generating reports in December for the complete year. I made some mistakes and there were some things I had to learn about the new YNAB, so it was AMAZING to have a running balance to make sure my record was accurate and could be reconciled with my account. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I wish all the changes you created were available in the first place. I'm so grateful that you made this possible! I would have found a different program to use if this wasn't available. Total time saver!
- (2019-02-03) Daniel Egan: Colorblind mode... THANK YOU!
- (2019-01-06) Jesús Vinuesa: Personalizar al español ayuda a concentrarse en el contenido, en los presupuestos. Aún así, toca practicar inglés :-)
- (2018-12-02) Dana Hanna: This added/fixed so much about this software. I was looking and even trying other packages but really like YNAB. The "Running Total" column was what brought me here; OMG it makes any reconciliation issues actually easy to solve.
- (2018-10-20) Mike Hill: This is phenomenal! This should be standard for all YNAB users.
- (2018-09-09) Nathan Yarrow: This makes YNAB 5 work like it should. Running Balances... No more accidental clicks on the "referral" link... So many more goodies. Thank you developers!
- (2018-07-21) Liam: Only rating I've given on the Chrome store. Absolute no brainer for anyone who uses YNAB on Chrome.
- (2018-07-11) Stephen Williams: This extension is worth it's virtual weight in gold, by adding running balances to the account register. I can't honestly understand why YNAB has not included this indispensable feature. But I'm grateful to the developers for providing this Toolkit to correct this glaring omission on YNAB's part. Thanks so much!!
- (2018-07-06) Andy Thissen: Running Balance.... How can YNAB not have a running balance. BAM!! Toolkit fixes everything..
- (2018-07-02) Laurie Matthews: This is awesome, thank you!
- (2018-06-27) Buddy Rigotti: Whoever developed this needs to go work for YNAB. Nice job at adding TONS of features, some of which should be no brainers for YNAB. Nice job and thanks for the free extension!
- (2018-06-01) Sascha Goldsmith: Solved at least a half dozen nagging UI issues on Chrome for me. Absolutely love it and cannot praise this extension enough! Great job to the developers!
- (2018-05-02) Kirk Messinger: Absolutely necessary extension! Even though YNAB unofficially approves, and even cooperates with the developer, they seem not to be interested in making any of these functions native
- (2018-04-03) Matt Irwin: Adds some fantastic functionality to nYNAB, and is frequently updated and supported by a great volunteer community.
- (2018-02-20) Ngozi Young: This addon is absolutely the best! Works like a charm.
- (2018-02-14) Kristian Yench: Absolute must have
- (2018-01-16) Keizo Dan Fukuyama: Very good! It adds a lot of new and missing features from version 4.x!
- (2018-02-26, v:2.0.3) Arvin McCarty: can't access ynab toolkit
I get a blank screen when i try to open toolkit settings. Is it because XP Pro is no longer supported? Can i go back to a version of the extension that does work? Thanks
- (2018-02-16, v:2.0.2) DIsplay issues
Negative balances no longer highlight red even though that setting is turned on. Age of money is missing. Days of buffering shows '???' Other aesthetic tweaks to coloring in the main budget display are also not working properly
- (2018-02-01, v:2.0.2) Cary Plotkin: Say it's added, cannot find it
I have been using the toolkit for months. This morning, it said I was using the new version, but when I go to chrome://apps/ it is not listed to allow me to change settings. I cannot disable it to reinstall it.
- (2018-01-31, v:2.0.2) Scott Rosen: Days of Buffering
This last update caused my days of buffering to return to ???. Whenever I disable the toolkit the figure of my buffer returns. Any help would be appreciated.
- (2018-01-30, v:2.0.2) Darin Mikesell: One Click Auto Funding
Would be nice to be able to create a funding scheme... then when you click a "1-click fund" button, the "To Be Budgeted" money is dispersed to the envelopes according to your funding scheme.
- (2018-01-30, v:2.0.2) Adam Nichols: Not working
After 2.0.2, the toolkit no longer appears. I made sure it's enabled in my extensions
- (2017-12-15, v:1.4.0) Sue Susman: The app is not working
The Toolkit for YNAB stopped working all of a sudden.
- (2017-11-16, v:1.4.0) Jason Whatley: "Clear by Default" Toggle Option
Sometimes when entering more than 5 or 6 entries at a time, it would be easier if I could toggle an option so that each "Save and New" item I enter would have "Cleared" pre-selected. Currently, that's the option I can't keyboard tab over to, so instead of being able to fly through transactions using keyboard only, I have to keep using the mouse to click back and forth. AMAZING product. I've looked for a place on your website to donate to the project, but no luck. If you take donations, I'd love to throw a few bucks your way. My e-mail is [email protected] Keep up the great work!
- (2017-11-01, v:1.4.0) Lukas: Toolkit broken after update
"An error occurred in Toolkit for YNAB (a browser extension you installed to enhance YNAB). Click here to report the issue to the YNAB Toolkit project." Just got an update, now the Toolkit is unuseable.
- (2017-10-19, v:1.3.0) Deb Greve: columns
The "reset column widths" button is not working! And I no longer have the option to get rid of particular columns:(