Search and analyze your unlimited history.
History Trends Unlimited regularly syncs your history to a local database to work around the (approximate) 3-month time limit imposed by Chrome. Your history is saved locally; it's never shared or sent over the network. Features: * Interactive charts and stats. Click any of the bar/line/pie charts to filter by a value. * Search your history by keyword. Or browse it chronologically. * Access the raw data to perform your own analysis. Click the "Export These Results" link on the Trends or Search page. * Transfer your history to a new computer. See instructions on the Options page. NOTES: * Uninstalling this extension will delete all of the history it has saved. To create a backup of your history, use the "Export History" button on the Options page. * This extension stores your history separate from Chrome's history, which means 1) clearing Chrome's history will not delete your history in this extension, and 2) this extension will not preserve the color of links you have already visited.
- (2021-04-07) Seb NAchname: Looks interesting but seems to only be an external thing. Not fully integrated into chrome. I would like to give my visited links a custom color and a different custom border in order to see quickly already visited links without losing them to the time and by also seeing them through the border when the link color matches the background color and the link otherwise would be invisible.
- (2021-04-01) Ahmed Abdelhameed: I really liked it at first. I don't really care for the "Trends" feature but I loved the advanced search options. HOWEVER, after a while, I started noticing that many of my visited links are missing (for example, I found that 6 hours of one day were not recorded at all) even though they exist in Chrome history. This makes the extension unreliable. I had to disable it and use a different extension with less options. I'll try to give it another try in the future and hopefully this issue will have been fixed.
- (2021-03-21) vicentory: 建议增加导出某个网站所有历史记录的功能，谢谢
- (2021-03-14) J S: Why is this not open source?
- (2021-02-26) A Raccoon: One of the very few Chrome extensions that I've stuck with for years. Gives you full access to your browsing history so you never lose or forget anything you'd looked at previously. I have no idea why Google's built-in History feature is so limited and useless.
- (2021-01-29) Гена Каменский: Очень удобное приложение. Это то, что я искал. Мне надо было отсеять из 5000 просмотренных сайтов один, который я искал два часа, не мог вспомнить, когда я его посетил и название сайта. Это расширение позволяет фильтровать, удалять историю по имени сайта за весь период одним нажатием. Выводит топ и тренд по сайтам, графики. Самое главное это фильтр по сайтам и возможность удаления всей истории по названию. Очень круто, спасибо!
- (2021-01-25) Raf Van Suetendael: Best history search extension i've found so far.
- (2021-01-22) Mooluxy: Set "CTRL + H" in extension keyboard shortcuts to active it. I can just replace the original Chrome history. GREAT!
- (2021-01-08) Taylor_2swift: To the author Randy Lauen. I find this add-on as the only one wich save old history. thank you. unfortunatly, It's aim is only for statistics. I want to use it as a history viewer like Ctrl+H of chrome. can you please add this kind of view, like Ctrl+H do?
- (2021-01-04) Mahesh Bandara Wijerathna: Just lovely. Although It'd be amazing if we could blacklist regex patterns. For an example, this also records visits to chrome extension pages. So if we could blacklist "chrome-extension://*" it won't happen anymore.
- (2021-01-01) Paweł Walkowski: It does seem to sync across devices - I can see urls from other Chrome devices. That's great, but I don't quite understand, I thought it was supposed to show only local history? Could the dev comment on this?
- (2020-12-28) Sriram Sridhar: Great app.
- (2020-12-10) Sam X: Very helpful as a tool to analyze trends and export history.
- (2020-12-10) Andrew Xu: Good extension to get more insights into the history. Also, a feature request: show trends for a specific date / interval (not just today / last week / past 3 mon, etc)
- (2020-11-16) J.C. A.: Best. All my sweet sites, all there for me anytime I want to see them. Anytime. I love this extension. It's an extension of myself, my interests. I went from that site to that one, beginning at that one--oh yeah, that's what inspired my search!? Oh yeah. Thanks!
- (2020-11-05) Ahmad H.: LOVED IT. Found what i needed in seconds 5++++++
- (2020-10-28) Cody Swartz: This is amazing, I cannot believe I haven't had this extension sooner! One annoyance is that Google Docs are flooding hits - it seems every time it changes or you're writing in a document it's acting like a new hit unfortunately : \ Would be nice to have those debounced or consolidated so they're not saying that I hit 1200 times for using a Google doc.
- (2020-10-25) Ahmad Fahmi: I just wish that the developer consider to create a button call Delete All History/Empty All rather than select checkbox one by one on the URL because it is really troublesome if you want to reset all the trends.Other than that, this extension is awesome!
- (2020-10-03) Charlie Potts: three stars -- would give it five if it had support for cloud storage for your backup. I want to backup my history to OneDrive or GoogleDrive and functionality for this inside the extention would be great.
- (2020-09-19) Eben Graham: Absolutely fantastic.
- (2020-07-19) Brandon Sims: Such a useful and elegant plugin.
- (2020-07-06) CRAFTdsgamer: パット見では統計を取るのがメインのように見えますが、オプションから有効にすれば指定した日数毎に履歴をtsvでエクスポートできる、非常に助かる拡張機能です。エクスポートされたファイルには、URL、訪問時刻、ページタイトルが記載されます。Chromeの履歴を完璧な形で3ヶ月以上保管したいって人には必需品です。 Thanks for really nice extension!
- (2020-03-29) Ajay Ramachandran: Amazing. I am a datahoarder and it made me so sad to realise how much data I have lost due to chrome's history deletion. I wish they were upfront about it.
- (2020-03-15) Ernesto Herrera Legorreta: Works flawlessly. Got more than what I expected.
- (2020-02-29) Cozy Clock: lovinnnnnnnnnnnng it ! You have done great job !
- (2020-02-28) Michael ten Den: Like Lara, I'm rare in my reviews. But this is a great program. Thank you for creating this tool to make my life much easier!
- (2020-02-28) Like Lara, I'm rare in my reviews. But this is a great program. Thank you for creating this tool to make my life much easier!
- (2020-02-27) asd ghffg: 搜索有bug，如果一个网页的tile是“123456”，那么用123可以搜出来，用34搜就搜不出来
- (2020-02-27) Ricardo Fernandes: WHY IS IT ALWAYS REDIRECTING MY GOOGLE SEARCHES TO YAHOO SEARCHES A FEW SECONDS AFTER? WHAT IS THIS FREAKIN MALWARE I DONT WANT TO SEARCH WITH YAHOO EVER AGAIN WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS
- (2020-02-16) Lâm Phạm: Not working with synced history from my Chrome sync-enabled Android device =((
- (2020-02-13) TruckersMP Reports Archive: Slightly afraid of my data being abused but I definetly like it. THANKS!
- (2020-01-18) 茅场晶彦: 有时候真看不懂谷歌，明明任意一个带谷歌内核的国产浏览器都能做到的功能非要在自己原生浏览器上限制，要通过插件来绕过...............
- (2019-12-12) W大猫: this is my favourite extension on Chrome, I can find what I focus in a short/long term on internet. thanks!
- (2019-11-14) Izofeu: Finally I can permanently save my browser history. Not sure why Google limited it to 90 days only without any option to disable autodeletion.
- (2019-11-13) Jonathan L: Nice extension! Really helpful for saving old history
- (2019-11-08) Varun Agrawal: I am a long time user of it and love these stats. I am probably using it since 2016 I think.
- (2019-10-16) S P: Hands down best browser history app in the webstore. It's comprehensive and fast unlike some other feature-rich history apps out there that take forever to backup while also eating up a ton of memory.
- (2019-10-03) Arcadiy Tpr: I love this extension! It saves my history and does auto backups. It also shows interesting analytics.
- (2019-10-01) Joe Ogle: Love it, absolutely perfect. Just one thing though, it seems to sometimes miscount the number of visits to Google Docs. For example, on one day I have 700 visits to the same google doc according to History Trends Unlimited, but I'm pretty sure I didn't load that document 700 times, do you know why this could be happening? Thanks
- (2019-09-17) Zaibo Wang: This does everything I want a fully featured chrome history to do
- (2019-09-11) Julius Brandt: A hidden gem. A must have, ever since chrome began auto-deleting browser history.
- (2019-08-29) Dima: Works like a charm, very neat extension
- (2019-08-24) dean ricardo: This is probably the best extension I use on chrome. Its the first extension that gets installed on all new OS and I love it. However, I recently discovered that it has skipped a few days (1-2) on a new install of chrome and now it has me paranoid. It has broken our trusty relationship. Is there away to import chromes own history to sync with history trends unlimited. I do have an app that can save chromes own history to various different file types or do I need to go the SQLite route. Like the DB import of firefox - https://sites.google.com/view/history-trends-unlimited/import-firefox-history - Would be very helpful. Thank you for all your hard work.
- (2019-08-08) Sawyuri: Great extension, but seems to me it's still limited to the past 3 months of history or maybe that I am doing it wrong?
- (2019-07-29) Aayushi agarwal: It's a perfect extension. Lightweight. Shows all the urls in a compact list. It also segregates the domains and list them in Top100. That's what I always wanted to know which domains i visited so far. Top100 does the trick. Even they can extent, I guess.
- (2019-07-24) Mostafa Hassan: I hope there's a way to change Results per page, I have to constantly press older to see my history, Loved the extension but please add an option to set the results per page just like any other search tool
- (2019-06-29) Hanxue Lee: Amazing extension that does what it advertises. I like to see which days I most actively use Chrome, what hours I am the busiest, and of course the top sites I visit.
- (2019-06-25) Jonah Clarence: this is the good one. the only one that allows me to easily pinpoint a specific day, and actually works properly. it's very speedy as well. wouldn't mind infinite scrolling tho... as long as memory and performance can be well-managed. Also... unfortunately... ALL this time, I thought Chrome native history saved everything for all eternity. sorely mistaken. Could not find what I set out for, sadly.
- (2019-06-19) Steven Killeen: Amazing. Allows me to extend my Chrome History past the 90 day limit.
- (2019-06-17) Michael Young: I've been using this extension for years & I love it, it certainly helps me out many times where Chrome's native history falls very, very short. One question/concern: I have some backups from my previous computer that I simply never imported. So now I have a new computer full of its own history. Is there a way to merge these two files? Would importing simply overwrite or merge? What about a simple copy/paste in the actual export files & then reimport?
- (2021-02-09, v:1.6) Harrison Ji: How is a "visit" calculated in G doc?
Hi, thanks so much for developing this extension. It's super helpful. In my stats, Google doc pages have been getting unusual numbers of "visits". For example, I worked on a Google doc page this morning for about an hour, and it showed I had "296 visits" to that page. Could you help clarify? Otherwise I think I'll just ignore the stats for Google doc pages. Thanks,
- (2021-01-25, v:1.6) Raf Van Suetendael: Sort search results oldest first
Hi, First of, thanks for the great extension! It's been a life-saver. :) My question/suggestion: Is it somehow possible or could it be made possible to sort your search results in reverse order? So oldest results first (e.g.: 09:00 > 18:00) Would be a great option to make browsing a day's results even easier.Read your history from the morning to evening without having to click "older" all the way to the first entry. Thanks in advance for your response!
- (2020-12-19, v:1.6) Greg Germeil: History saved regardless of which computer used in 1 file
Would it be possible to have history from Chrome on all browsers you're signed in merged into that extension? I use 3 computers and I have to constantly backup and export history files because I want the history of all my sites regardless of which computer I use on that extension
- (2020-11-16, v:1.6) J.C. A.: print with everything more readable and with the graphs?
print with everything more readable and with the graphs?
- (2020-10-28, v:1.6) Cody Swartz: Google Docs Floods Visit Count
When using Google Docs it seems that it inflates the visit count. It would be nice if it could de-dupe those, debounce, or consolidate those visit counts for Google Docs. I imagine it's constantly changing the page state while you write in a document. For one instance it gave me 1200 hits.
- (2020-10-06, v:1.6) ΚΩΝΣΤΑΝΤΙΝΟΣ ΑΓΓΕΛΟΠΟΥΛΟΣ: filter results by device
Hello there!Your extension is my last way to find some tabs I ve lost and they are very important to me,because they are my work stuff. I had about 60-70 tabs openned in different chrome windows on my laptop.And I had installed tabs sync in my chrome.The thing is that when I ve openned my pc,the tabs of my laptop dissapeared and were replaced by those on my pc.for an unknown reason. So I want to ask.Is there any way to filter my history through your extension (which I have for more than a year now,so the tabs I am cared about are already there) by device?let's say by pc or laptop,or by ID,device name,ANYTHING AT ALL??I m really desperate..thanks in advance for your time.
- (2020-10-03, v:1.6) Sarm G: Search function
Hello, I have been using your extension for a long time and I love it! It tracks everything and keeps everything logged, It's very useful to me because there might be a tab I come across and totally forget about it then remember it a few months later but then I wouldn't be able to access it since google deletes history after a while. My suggestion is that when going to the search tab and instead of having just "Newer" and "Older" buttons. You should have another little button next to them saying "Newest" and "Oldest". This would be particularly useful for me because instead of spamming the "Older button" to get all the way to the end I can just press one button and get there. Hopefully you take my suggestion into consideration and add it, thank you!
- (2020-09-03, v:1.6) Stronginthearm XXVII: Wildcard at the beginning of a word
The search allows you to use a wildcard (*) at the end of the word, but not the beginning. It would be useful to allow it at the beginning as well. Thanks
- (2020-08-05, v:1.6) Maddy: Jump from a search result link to actual timeline
Hi.. been using this since 2018 and very much like it. I have a request, not sure if its possible or aint.. anyways putting it out. So lets say I searched for a specific word or link and then search results pop up. Now for a specific search result(s), lets say dated 01-01-2020 09:15:00 AM, I wish to see what did I browse before & after 9:15 AM on that specific day. Now this is only possible if I goto advanced search and give out the date and time range. this is lot of work when I wish to do this scenario for multiple search results. what I am hoping for is a shortcut or something or whatevs so that when search results popup and I wish to jump to a specific link actual full timeline, some kind of means is available, like clicking some shortcut_icon attached to timestamp maybe to make a jump to that timeline instantaneously. hope I did explain it clearly!
- (2020-07-18, v:1.6) Zaglol Gamal: Show search results in context
When searching history, add an option to show a result in context just like Windows Explorer's 'Open file location'. I think the visit time label is perfect for this function.
- (2020-06-30, v:1.6) Alex Pettee: export time/date format
Hi, in what format is the time/date number string on the data export? example 1593529347740.13 & 02:27.7 Thanks!
- (2020-06-24, v:1.6) Michel Cadorette: Issue with autosave.
I use Brave browser and it work fine except for one small thing, the automatic backup don't work when I start Brave. I'd really like i f you could take a look at this issue. Best Regards and thanks for this extension.
- (2020-06-09, v:1.6) William Merritt: jumping to a date
i want to jump to a previous date and browse to current time but unfortunately it's impossible because if i enter date in search, only that date is shown, please provide inverse browsing because many would like to browse their history from past to recent time to watch their activities orderly. also please provide jump to specfic page feature. thank you
- (2020-06-05, v:1.6) Ngoni Matenga: nice chrome extension,,anywhere i can get the source code
nice chrome extension,,anywhere i can get the source code
- (2020-06-04, v:1.6) kenahans: Mark Older Sites as read.
Hi. I have a suggestion. When you import the autobackup, can you make a button or automatically, make the links you have marked as read. Only problem i have now, is that after 90 days, it is gone from chrome history, as per standard, but even though i have the links in the backup file, i still have to visit the sites again to mark them as visited. Perhaps make a button or something, that when you do a search on a date or a site, that you can mark all the links from that site as read. Would be very helpfull, I think, not only for me, but for others as well. Other than that, keep up the good work, I love your extention! Ken
- (2020-06-02, v:1.6) Rick Coury: I just downloaded the history trends unlimited extension on my laptop but I don't know how to use it.
Whenever I search for an item, the history will go back only to March 4, 2020. Please tell me how to use the extension. Thanks for your help. Rick
- (2020-05-30, v:1.6) Roman Belyaev: Partly visibility of history in extension
Recently, I've managed to sync history between desktop and mobile Chrome, which works really great with default history viewer in Chrome. But with this extension I can only see part of combined history - some sites are visible, but some are not. In default viewer everything is ok. What shoud I do to see all history in your extension?
- (2020-05-02, v:1.6) Сергей Мосолкин: Установить НА смартфон
Как установить на смартфон на андроид?
- (2020-04-18, v:1.6) Michael Cherni: Start Page defaults to Trends, regardless of what i set in Options
Recently I've noticed that when I open your extension (after closing, then opening the Chrome browser), it defaults to "Trends" even though I have set the Start Page in Options to "Search". A minor but annoying glitch in an otherwise wonderful extension. Cheers, Michael NYC
- (2020-04-09, v:1.6) Tom Packert: Ship the logs to Amazon S3
Hello, We are managing accountants at scale, we are looking for insights in how they work using their SaaS systems via Google Chrome. I have been looking for a way to save the logs to an Amazon S3 bucket. Would I be able to setup a scheduled task to ship (rsync) the history logs to S3 at night to load into an analysis tool Best, Tom
- (2020-03-12, v:1.5.11) Mark Fletcher: Import history from old PC
I have a history backup file from an old pc named history_autobackup_[date]_full.tsv. Can I import this into History Trends Unlimited and, if so, how?
- (2020-02-28, v:1.5.11) Sir Light: Visits per day improvement
Hi, Randy! Thanks for the amazing addon. Chrome's default "feature" of removing history after 3 months has been killing me for a long time, thank you for a nice way to save my online activity. One feature I am constantly missing is in the "visits per day" display, if there are no days on a given day (like, for example, 50 visits on Fri, 0 visits on Sat, 0 visits on Sun and 59 visits on Mon), the graphic simply connects the points across the missing days, giving the impression that on the missing days there were visits. A better solution would be to lower the line to 0, and raise it back on the day with visits. This would allow for better visibility for periods without activity. Right now this can only be seen in the histogram view, but not in the graphic view, which is sad.
- (2020-02-15, v:1.5.10) Lokman Afandy: option to auto backup on google drive or onedrive
so by connect into file hosting, it will be much easier instead of save to local and move them to cloud manually.
- (2020-02-07, v:1.5.10) Игорь Жигунь: No excludion option
Is there any way to exclude webpages from storing in History Trends Unlimited database by URL or page caption? That is to ignore such pages and not saving them
- (2020-01-12, v:1.5.10) Axodus: Is there any way to Import data?
I really want to swap over from chrome onto firefox but this extension is the only thing holding me back, I wanted to know if there was any way to just import firefox history into this extension every few months and other than that just not use chrome?
- (2019-12-20, v:1.5.10) Luis Lobo: Maximum size?
What is the maximum database size? If so, is there any warning when it is about to expire?
- (2019-12-02, v:1.5.10) LaniSalter Inc: How to change FROM the original History Trends to the UNLIMITED History Trends without losing any data?
Do I need to export my data from the original History Trends into the NEW UNLIMITED PLUS extension? I don't want to loose the data in the original extension. Thank you!
- (2019-10-25, v:1.5.10) Ric Kor: Customize search results per page
Hello. It would be cool if one could customize how many search results are shown per page. Especially when I want to cleanup the history, deleting frequent useless entries like "web.whatsapp.com", it would be very helpful, if one could f.i. set the result count to 10.000, so you can delete all at once. Speaking of: is there a way to filter pages from being stored? That would render cleaning up unnecessary :-) Thx, and keep up the good work ;-)
- (2019-10-12, v:1.5.10) vicentory: hope can add chinese translation
hope can add chinese translation 希望能增加中文版本，谢谢
- (2019-09-16, v:1.5.9) Ric Kor: History Export: custom download directory
I store my backups in a folder inside the chrome profile directory. It would be a nice, probably easy-to-implement improvement to be able to set that directory within the extension, so one does not have to copy/paste every time (I have multiple profiles). Besides: thank you for that nice extension. I would also like to see it on GitHub or the like (it would make contributing / adding features easier).
- (2019-08-30, v:1.5.9) Luis Zarza: Cloud-based extension instead of device-based?
Hi, when are you gonna do this amazing extension device-independant? At the moment it only stores the data on the computer you're using, but if I change computers and log in another computer with same session, I don't have the same history. Please do a cloud-based extension, where I can access my never ending Chrome history from whatever device at any moment. I'd pay for that for sure.
- (2019-08-30, v:1.5.9) Luis Zarza: Storage on cloud
Hi, When are you gonna do this amazing plugin device-independant? At the moment it only stores the data on the computer, but if I change computers and logging another computer with same session I don't have the same history. Please do a cloud-based plugin, I'd pay for that.
- (2019-06-25, v:1.5.9) Davi Hatum: History
I accidentally deleted my original question. Are you aware of any ways to access history past 90 days before installing this plug-in?
- (2019-06-02, v:1.5.9) Epicity: Is there going to be one for Firefox?
Would be good to support both browsers
- (2019-05-30, v:1.5.9) Toku McCree: History not downloading
I can't get the history export to work. I click the button the wheel spins and then there's not download. Can you help? - Toku
- (2019-05-15, v:1.5.8) n/a n/a: Add dark mode
A dark mode utilizing matte colors to reduce eye-strain in low-light environments would be appreciated.
- (2019-05-13, v:1.5.8) Cream Ice: Daily usage summary
Hi, Thanks for this nice extension! A little request - I'd like to know how was my time spent during the day within Chrome. I'd like to see a histogram with hours in the day as x-axis, and y-axis shows the top 3 frequencies of domain names visited in that hour with different colors, so that I can have a general idea about how was that hour spent. Will it be able to add such a graph to the summary/trend page? Since I cannot find the source code in the help page, I just ask here. Or I'd like to contribute to develop such a feature. Thanks,