Scrape data from any website & turn it into a spreadsheet or API in seconds!
Grepsr for Chrome is a free web scraping tool that allows you to easily extract any website’s data using intuitive point and click toolkit and turn it into spreadsheet in seconds. Better yet - plug and play Grepsr for Chrome into your app using a simple API and automate the look for new and fresh data. ## Start scraping at the click of a mouse Directly within your browser, simply point the data element you need and click it using our intuitive tagging toolkit, and save the data fields to process your scrape and we’ll get you the data you need. No more installing and going through overwhelming interface to build web scraping 'agents' ## Download data in any format Inside Grepsr's data report screen, simply click on the download icon and choose the data output format of your choice. Or deploy data using our built-in integration to popular document management system such as Dropbox, Google Sheets, Amazon S3, Box and more. ## Automate your scrape for new data Save time and avoid repetitive work. Schedule your scraper at any specific day or time-period using just a calendar to extract new and fresh data from the source, over and over again. Other web scraping tools only spit out the data. Grepsr goes beyond by providing suite of easy-to-use workflow tools, support and APIs to manage your data workflows better, every day. For more Info: https://www.grepsr.com/how-to-use-grepsr-for-chrome-to-scrape-the-web-for-free-699f27109bd2/
- (2020-03-09) Cenny Wenner: Completely useless. Unless you want to just convert a single list on a single page, don't bother; and even then, you'll probably off with a script anyhow.
- (2020-03-01) Wojciech Maj: Very good. Thx u.
- (2020-02-23) Станислав Буценко: Hi, Your extension throws an error in chrome dev console: "Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received". Please, fix it. Maybe this help you - https://stackoverflow.com/a/57608759
- (2020-01-15) samrat shakya: Great Extension to get data instantly!!
- (2019-11-06) Javier Juárez: It worked perfectly in mi case. Thanks
- (2019-09-06) Asad Raza: waste of time... i waste 1 hour to setup then it say "contact us" to activate
- (2019-07-30) Miranda Boolman: Doesnt work
- (2019-04-28) Jack Lee: BUG REPORT: Find BUG when trying to scraping some data on Goodreads Quotes. https://www.goodreads.com/quotes?page=1 When trying to scraping the data, Grepsr can not select the selector well. 1. I can see whole bunch of code in the result data 2. The selection doesn't meet my expectation Solution: I hope you could show me the CSS SELECTOR I chose. Your user interaction design is the best in between competitors, but the most important part, data scraper didn't do well. I will wait for your update. [email protected]
- (2019-04-24) Matias: I've been looking for a tool like this for a long time! thank you to the developers!!!
- (2019-03-13) Krzysztof Falkowski: Doesn't work - everythings fine until the end when its asking to sign in . When i type login and password green popup "succesfully logged in" appears but nothing happens, popup windows with sign in doesnt disappear
- (2019-01-20) Bel Raskr: Упоротый парсер,упоротый сайт. Хз как работать,да и разрабам все равно. Хотя 12к людей постоянно посещают сайт из закладок. Главное прайс !
- (2018-09-16) It's easy, but that's perfect for my purposes. It teaches me to understand the scraping mentality, so perfect for a beginner. It cannot download quite a few sites, but I just find another site rather than worry about finding a more complex scrape tool.
- (2018-07-25) Mouad EL: oh my god, the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest Ever
- (2018-06-01) A P: Fake. wants to get my data by creating an account. Shame on You.
- (2018-05-26) Joel Smith: Grepsr isn't designed to handle the complexity of most websites. For example, this site (which records US House of Representative roll call votes) is barebones, and grepsr can't parse it: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2017/roll710.xml If you choose the various text fields and the numbers, with the intent to export the data into a spreadsheet, G responds with "data is unstructured." And nothing more. No information as to how the user can overcome the deficiency in the app. Isn't that why we want a webscraper in the first place? To AUTOMATE (or corral) data into a structured format? If it can't handle text and numbers, it certainly can't handle complex sites.
- (2018-03-17) Gorgi Vasileski: Got the job done.
- (2018-01-15) Jack García: Like the old kimono, but still lacks features.
- (2017-11-06) Jurij Fedorov: The software itself did something no other software I used could do. Scraped data without me having to program anything for it or pick apart source codes of various sites. But I ran one single free scrape for a very small amount of data and already I'm -1000 on the account. That costed 2000 credits? What is a credit even actually? It's really hard to understand what the price is for the software. So, I ran it once successfully and liked it. But now it's completely useless for me. So the free trial basically is enough to make you a small Excel file.
- (2017-09-23) Pascal KOTTE: C'est génial et bien plus simple que l'outil complexe que j'avais essayé, nécessitant une installation et un programme résident Windows (mais permettant des schedules e batch) et oublié le nom... Juste un Bémol, la fonction 'sous-page' qui permet d'aller chercher des champs 'cachés' dans un sous-élément, à cliquer, un par un, ne traite que la première fiche de la liste pour créer le modèle d'extraction. Si la première fiche est mauvaise, c'est mort !! Ah si seulement il y avait 2 boutons flèches pour tenter et valider sur les fiches suivantes !!!
- (2017-09-23) Siegfried Schmitz: Great tool! Works perfect!
- (2017-08-31) Tyson Elder Franco: Support (Binodit) said the following "I've deleted few projects of yours. Please try and let us know if it's all good." Then when I re-tried to run it came up with I am maxed out again, so I went back to support. Their response was "You will be able to create new projects from 1st September." Testing out Gresp to see how/what it generated I ran a sample project/report and recieved 1 record. Which I found out later that the program restricts the amount of projects+reports per month to my plan being 15. I was under the impression my cap was 75k records, when that is not the case. Another issue I had was Grepsr only scraped 550 records at a time for the site I was using. Also multiple times it would only grab 25 records at a time, so I reached out to support asking them to credit back some of the failed reports/projects and they said they deleted some projects and I should be all set to then saying sorry you will have access again next month. This product was unable to do what it should of been able to do, and support wasn't helpful to come up with a resolution.
- (2017-05-22) Mathew Reiss: Was looking for a replacement for Kimono Labs and this is already perfect. It does everything KL did, and more, and it does it better and more intuitively.
- (2017-05-10) Roy Bernhard: Easiest scraping tool by far. Fantastic execution.
- (2017-04-18) Adnan Debs: it's very handy and smart app. i asked them about an error i keep getting and they fix it in just 5 min. Thank you guys
- (2017-03-22) Saku Mättö: Very intuitive to use and did exactly what I needed it to do. Thanks!
- (2019-12-31, v:0.10.9) Alex Kriman: Reviews
Hi, I can't tag the stars from Amazon reviews ? My idea is to get those stars into excel, so I can figure out how to count the stars when analyzing the reviews.
- (2019-08-23, v:0.10.1) Sarvesh Warge: I cant download the scraped data.
I scraped data from a website, It took around a hour to scrape 2000 records and then it stopped. but I can't download it in any file format. It says contact support.
- (2019-05-14, v:0.8.0) Magi Alukhava: Invalid links
How do I retrieve data for links that are invalid?
- (2019-05-12, v:0.8.0) Courtney Trusty: Won't pull data from simple website
I'm trying to use Grepsr to pull data from a webpage that has all the information on one page. No pagination, no infinite scroll, just everything on one page. Even though the tool shows it's selecting each element, and the data preview shows correctly. When the scrape is run, it doesn't pull the data. Is anyone else having this issue?
- (2019-04-21, v:0.7.0) Myles Kilgallon: Pagination/Details
Hi I'm trying to scrape two fields from a search results page and 10 fields from the details page of the items. However when I select the details page and add fields, the extension seems to start over and I'm only able to scrape the data from the details page. Hence when I crawl I only get one line of 10 detail fields in my report. Any way to fix this?
- (2019-02-26, v:0.7.0) Zakary M. Brown: Multiple Detail Pages?
Hi grepsr team, I am interested in scraping 2 levels of Detail. After the first main page I can select a link, add the URL, and continue to get a Details page. However, for my project I need to click on another link and get to a 2nd Details page. Does grepsr have this capability? How can I get nested Details pages? Thanks!
- (2018-08-16, v:0.6.2) did not scrape
gave me a perfectly fine preview file, then didnt work. this app needs improvment.
- (2018-04-23, v:0.5.8) Ewen Vile: email support
Are you supporting Grepsr via email? I'm getting no response.
- (2018-01-08, v:0.5.5) Md. Ali: can i crawl more than one page at once.?
Thank you for giving us this tools. can't crawl more than one page at once. can i start crawling all page or more than one page at once? i mean ,is there any way for it? thank you.
- (2017-12-19, v:0.5.4) sebiose: Login
Tool seems nice. But has some issues. I finished the selections and then it asks me to login, but I can't fill in any of the fields (login fields)
- (2017-10-15, v:0.5.2) Jessica Dreyer: Need Help
So far, I like this web scraping tool the best but the tool won't let me get data from additional sections of the webpage that is not visible until clicked. When the tool is in active mode for me to tag, I cannot get to this data. Instead, it thinks I want to tag the name of the tab. Sample URL: https://www.nashvillewraps.com/sku-B52138.html On the page you will see four tabs: Description which is defaults to, Details, General Info and Delivery Time. I need to be able to click on details to grab the weight and country and I need to click on General Info to grab that product desc. So, basically, if I can "pause" the tool so I can navigate to other portions of the website, this would be very helpful. What are my options now if any? Is there a trick? Can this be fixed? Help! Thank you, Jessica Dreyer