Splits the screen and loads all links in the second window
Use NiftySplit to split Chrome into two windows. Any link you click in the left window will load in the right window. Is this useful? Yes! You can now browse your favorite website and visit links without losing the main page. No need to use the Back button or open-and-close tabs all the time. This makes browsing websites like Reddit or Wikipedia a thing of pure joy. Give it a try and let me know what you think! *** now with multi-monitor support! *** New in v0.8: - multi-monitor support - more awesome all-round New in v0.7: - Shift-click to open links in the left-hand window - Window position can be customized and stored - Support for taskbar-on-the-left layout - Support for Incognito windows
- (2019-10-23) Michelle S: I have a love/hate at this extension. I've been using it for a few years, mostly for work things. I want to stop using it though, mainly because of the Resize Actions - glue windows together leaves an unacceptable gap between the windows, and Remember resized dimensions overlays the right window on the edge of the left, partially hiding any scrollbars on the left side 🤬 so then I have to manually windows+arrow to scoot the right window over a bit. THAT SAVES ME NO TIME FFS. I feel like there could be some chrome settings that could affect this and I'd fix that and keep using the extension if I can be bothered to dig around. I'm going to try leaving both of those settings unchecked... I feel like it still doesn't work right if I do that though.
- (2019-09-18) Deborah Hosking: Thought it was going to be just what I needed... until I found out I have to re-set it every time I want to use it.
- (2017-06-07) D Rock: Exactly what I was looking for! No one else has one that works.
- (2016-09-07) STORMY: Didnt work
- (2016-09-03) Muka Tsuku: quick simple returns to full single pane after quitting 2nd pane
- (2016-06-14) Christian Sprenger: Better than others but still, does not work in Full Screen.
- (2016-01-21) Peter Kapitola: Fantastic - this lets me do what I have been wanting to do with Facebook for so long! That is, keep the notifications list open and just review them one by one. No more clicking on the drop-down, scrolling to the right place, trying to work out which is read/unread because of the insanely similar colours Facebook uses for both! My only request would be so that you can change the zoom independently on each window. I'd like the left to be small while the right is large. But that's not a huge issue as I've found a compromise zoom that works for both. Thanks so much :)
- (2016-01-04) Lauren Posival: This is not HELPFUL AT ALL I revise to dowload the viris again!!
- (2015-11-16) modi X: Almost perfect. Sadly cancels full screen of YouTube videos in the second window.
- (2015-10-01) Pratha Cr: Helped more than expected.. Thank you so much..
- (2015-07-05) Bro Rat: . I couldn't make it work. . The DataRat .
- (2015-05-08) Harol Paramo: No funciona! :_(
- (2015-03-27) Robert Simmons: CONSTANTLY have to reset this in order for it to work right.
- (2015-02-16) Arny Hook: Nejdrive jsem byl nadseny - nove okno se objevovalo v prave pulce monitru. Jenze druhy den se to nejak pomotalo a co dam otevrit pres "NiftySplit", tak se roztahne na cely monitor a ja musim to velke okno rucne zmensit. Divne - jdu hledat jine rozsireni. A nebo toto stare odinstaluju a zkusim znovu... Ale jinak diky vyvojari ;)
- (2014-05-28) Gus Cannon: Great! I've been missing this feature ever since switching from Opera
- (2014-04-19) Wow, once I understood how to use the Ctrl and Shift keys to control where the link would open, I fell in love with this extension. Saves me so much time and frustration not having to constantly drag tabs around and rearrange windows. I can concentrate on my work instead. I can't even think of an improvement I would want! Even opens the NiftySplit window on my second monitor where I want it.
- (2014-03-18) Charles Thompson: Already, this has changed the way I search. Google search in the left window, all results in the right window. No more back and forth! Thanks for this awesome extension.
- (2014-03-04) Marcel Svoboda: Einfach gut!
- (2014-03-03) Tom Torgersen: Moves the 2 new windows to the primary monitor. :( I'd rather just drag the tabs apart and "throw" them at the walls myself. Same result, but I get to choose the monitor, and it only takes an extra second.
- (2014-03-03) John Mutch: Easy to use and works better than the competition. Believe me when I say use this program first.
- (2013-09-19) Jack Curl: For the five minutes I've used this, I think this extension is, well, nifty. Suggestion: when closing the nifty window, the original window should go back to its original size, not just maximize (I know it's easier, but less useful to the user). Perhaps allow overlapping windows as an option?
- (2013-09-17) Jonathan Sandoval Fonseca: Es la mejor extension que he probado. realmente es super comoda, puedes navegar mas rapido. y sin tanto abrir pestañas y sin perder el hilo de lo que lees es como un lector de feeds a nivel pro xD
- (2013-09-17) Scott Do: Best for my research reading!
- (2013-09-16) Luciano Paciornick: This extension is amazing. Exactly what I needed to make browsing Wikipedia and TV Tropes even more enjoyable! Like some other people have mentioned, it would be nice if it worked with multiple monitors (i.e. putting each window in a different monitor instead of splitting them 50/50 on the same one). Also, it'd be nice if it didn't move the split windows to the primary monitor.
- (2013-09-16) Michael Hocke: Please add support for multiple screens. Right now everything only opens on the first screen even though Chrome was running on the second screen before I invoked NiftySplit. Other than that this is an interesting concept.
- (2018-10-04, v:0.8.0) Please Add an option to make the Right Window the Master window.
The links I'm using are on the the far sides of the screen with your LEft as Master Default. It would be great if the master window could be swapped. Thanks!
- (2018-09-18, v:0.8.0) George Peklaris: Have to right click every link to open niftysplit, need it to be left click
See subject line. I have to right click every link to open in niftysplit. It is not allowing me to left click after the first time right clicking and opening the desired link in the app
- (2018-07-22, v:0.8.0) Chas Wms: NiftySplit to a tab
I would like the ability to open links in a new tab, rather than a new window. (This suggestion was also made by another user on February 11, 2015.)
- (2017-06-07, v:0.8.0) D Rock: hotkey
Be nice to have a hotkey for fewer steps.
- (2017-04-26, v:0.8.0) Edwin Reynoso: Nifty Split an already opened page
A way to split an already open page would be awesome
- (2017-03-14, v:0.8.0) troy liechty: jizz
i want a squrt
- (2016-10-28, v:0.8.0) Irina Svetlowa: Extension buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "NiftySplit". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2016-09-15, v:0.8.0) Fran Solovieff: Stop!!!
Opening at my login!
- (2016-07-04, v:0.8.0) James Bennett Saxon: My NiftySplit is grayed out and inactive???
So I like NiftySplit though I wish browsers did this internally! It's a great tool for splitting windows and managing them together. But my icon is grayed out, it does nothing when I click on it and also when I right click on a tab I'm given no options for splitting. HELP! I have tried uninstalling, disabling/enabling but no matter what, it doesn't seem to be working anymore.
- (2016-06-20, v:0.8.0) Marco Guariglia: keyboard shortcut
why isn't it possible to assign a shortcut to the extension in the extensions page? u have to open the window with right-click all the time?