Reduce tab clutter - prevent duplicate tabs, quickly search & switch tabs, and more...
- (2020-07-28) Michael Koren: I click on "Show list with duplicate tabs" and nothing happens, no loading screen, no new window. nothing. Version 8.22.14 When a window does open, its after 5 minutes, its super slow. the list keeps updating so when I decide to click something it just brings me out of focus an back to the top of the list all the time. its very frustrating. you can not do multiple, but, SPECIFIC selects, you have to manually click one [X] at a time. you can either close all tabs or close one tab, not specific multiple tabs all together just one at a time, its very slow. Every time you click on [X] the page takes about half a minute to refresh again during which no clicks work. Clicking on scroll sometimes does nothing when the window is stuck. I believe you should not force the window update rate to be so high all the time, prevent focus loss (middle or bottom scroll becoming top scroll) and basically detach the ui from the real time situation so that the user can take their time and launch a few commands that will take place async without effecting the user experience. My main problem with this extension is that while its loading after enabling it, it completely blocks regular chrome from working till it finishes loading. I can not use chrome at all till it finishes. Couldn't you make it's loading process be less blocking? This was made to fight slowness, not cause it :( Also - close all dup tabs could be super dangerous in making important work disappear, you should add a "are you sure you want to delete X dup tabs?" what if the user mis clicked it by accident? tons of lost work disappeared unwillingly. Make sure "OnFocus" to the extension window does not trigger any GUI button clicks, just brings the focus and that's it. a second click after focus achieved should actually trigger things, since this is dangerous! and unlike chrome's built-in undo close tab CTRL+SHIFT+T, in here there is no undo and no "are you sure you want to?" just a quick closing and your work disappears. The one good thing about this extension is that I feel safe about and I like is "search for tab by name"
- (2020-03-05) Lukas Folmert: Closing duplicated tab and focusing on original tab doesn't work correctly when those 2 tabs are in different windows!
- (2020-01-24) Jefferson Ogata: Used to work. No longer does in Chrome 79 on Linux as of 2020-01-25, possibly earlier. Fails to identify any duplicates.
- (2019-11-29) Ringo Seven: Worked for about 2 days then stopped. No clue as to why but it says there are no duplicates. I was using this for app development and debugging but now it's useless. Lots of other people reporting the same issue. Was using the latest version as of 11/28/2018. Will look for a working alternative.
- (2019-11-27) xiaopenger liu: 清楚的看到打开了几个标签，很好的插件。
- (2019-11-01) Heph Adams: It kept me from reopening (and losing track of) 80 github tabs this week!
- (2019-10-21) Adrian Staicu: It works, BUT it can't handle 1000+ of tabs. Chrome froze for about 4 minutes after install. I managed to open the duplicate tabs window and close a few tabs but it took a lot of time to update the list. Overall nice UI. And maybe it works better with less tabs.
- (2019-10-15) tomek szmuk: noice you could add history check so it woudnt open url if it already has been opened before
- (2019-10-08) QUI SA: Thanks search tab : hover switch ,delay too long
- (2019-09-25) L Guaire: Does exactly what I need, which is that every time I deploy to desktop from NSBasic, it removes the prev tab. PERFECT.
- (2019-09-17) 罗宾: 正是我需要的, 我喜欢
- (2019-09-15) Sebastian Jurk: Kills tabs open somewhere in the browser just because I open the same page again and want to create a different account. Now I have to search where the tab vanished. Also after a quick check there is no easily recognizable option to disable this nonsense. Will deinstall now.
- (2019-09-06) Schuyler Rice: The fact that the "white list" rarely works properly makes this extension EXTREMELY annoying to deal with. Pages can clearly be listed multiple times in the white list and even URLs with similar or even EXACT duplicate formatting are closed... so the white list functionality is BADLY broken and needs to be fixed immediately for this extension to not be... well... kind of bad.
- (2019-08-10) Andrew Thiyam: I tested this on Amazon with about 10 duplicate Amazon product listing pages opened. It only could detect a few. I like all the features except it doesn't do what it's meant to do. If the developer knows a workaround, kindly respond.
- (2019-06-01) Chris s: Instantly got a desktop popup upon installing and immediately uninstalled this extension.
- (2019-05-28) Joakim: This is now my favorite extension after adblock. 99.9% of the time you won't notice that it's there, it will just sit in the background and clean up your mess. Even when I only have a few tabs open, this extension will sometimes clean up duplicates for me. When I have 10+ tabs open it provides a significant productivity boost. I recommend skimming through the settings page though - there were a few things I didn't like, and I was able to fix all of them by changing the settings.
- (2019-05-16) Chunlin Li: That's the tool I am looking for. It's extremely useful for me who open hundreds of taps.
- (2019-05-03) Mark Gemmell: It's good. It simple and works and helps my browser and brain stay a bit more streamlined.
- (2019-04-27) Ali Douiyek: For some reason, recently it stopped working in private mode. It does detect the duplicate private tabs, but doesn't close them. I did enable the extension in private mode, and allowed access to the urls. Works well in normal tabs.
- (2019-04-04) Prabhash Singh: Feature Request: Please add feature to close all tabs open for current tabs domain name. Additionally it would be really good to have option to choose opting out from closing subdomain variants.
- (2019-01-28) Nguyen Pham: tot
- (2019-01-13) Maxi Ostrower: Perfect, it does what I need
- (2019-01-10) Ted G: Im giving this one star because a chrome extension wanting me to sign up for a paid subscription is absolutely and utterly ridiculous. If it had asked me to donate like $5 for all features forever I would not had minded but a FREAKING SUBSCRIPTION for this??? Ya Right.
- (2019-01-06) Ɗσραмєαη єѕcσвαя σтмιc: One of the developers (I think) replied to my old post and informed me that it's been updated so all notification options could be selected. And I really needed that! I tried some other extensions with similar functions but none of them are as efficient or customizable enough to fit my particular needs as Clutter is so I was really hurting to use this extension again. So thank you to the developer(s) for your attention and your hard work. This is my favorite extension in the web store because even though it's not really something I see all the time, it's the one I utilize the most by far. **previous review** This extension worked best until the most recent update. I don't want the app's notifications on when it closes dupes, but there's no option to turn it off. The option to switch to Chrome's notifications doesn't even work and the notification will sit there until it's closed manually. Very annoying. Had to uninstall.
- (2019-01-03) Ryan Douglas: It doesn't do what it says it will. I primarily got this extension to work with React development so that when a dev server is restarted, the browser will simply go to the currently open tab. It doesn't work (or give the option) if you want to blacklist a whole location (e.g. localhost: 3000). Additionally the extension prevents me from opening a new tab on my browser, although that could be due to my use of Momentum (which is good) as the default new tab. Also the little pop out tab manager is largely unnecessary and is made worse by its UI. Definitely needs some more work before it's useful.
- (2017-03-03, v:2016.1114.2.14 release) Karol Depka Pradzinski: Bug - switching to a certain tab every few seconds
Hi. At some point the extension starts to stubbornly switch to a certain other tab every ~3 seconds. How to fix this? Thanks for your good work.
- (2017-02-15, v:2016.1114.2.14 release) Alison Sonnenschein: Viewing Duplicate Tabs
Hi, I was wondering if there's a way for me to see a list of sorts of all the duplicate tabs (or visual queue that helps user identify duplicate). I'm hesitant to delete all duplicates before actually reviewing what they are/what's being deleted. If you could let me know if there's a way to see a duplicate tab before deleting all duplicates, that would be a huge help. Thanks!
- (2017-01-12, v:2016.1114.2.14 release) Stephen Goult: Stay on source tab not working correctly
Hi, When I selected option 3 under duplicate link behaviour, I expected the foreground tab to remain open while the background duplicate would be automatically closed instead the foreground tab is closed as if option 2 were selected. Is this the intended behaviour? Thanks
- (2017-01-02, v:2016.1114.2.14 release) Mohammad Mahdi: Not working properly in Vivaldi Browser
Hi Thanks for the Extension but I can't Whitelist the empty tabs (speed dial page) in Vivaldi browser which I think is related to the fact that each and every tab in Vivaldi is named by a hash and not simply a name... could you please modify the extension so that it would work on Vivaldi (of course that extension works everywhere else in Vivaldi but you can't have multiple empty tabs open)
- (2016-11-25, v:2016.1114.2.14 release) null void: Statistics Notification & Duplicate Tab Shortcut
Could we get an option to disable the notification that tells how well the extension is performing? I love that the extension is working and I'm happy with how well it works, but it's becoming a bit tedious to dismiss the notification every time I log in. P.S. a "duplicate tab" keyboard shortcut would be really convenient and appreciated. Thank you!
- (2016-11-18, v:2016.1114.2.14 release) Max W.: occasionally preventing page loads
Hello Aditya, I think I've found another minor problem and it dawned on me that reviews aren't a good avenue for feedback. Since the recent update, on my system (Chrome 54.0.2840.87 64-bit on OS X 10.11.6) it sometimes prevents pages from loading. It doesn't matter whether I open a new tab and enter a URL, or CMD-click a link: in about 5% of cases, the tab will not do anything. CMD+L > Enter or CMD+R usually causes it to load properly, although it sometimes happens twice in a row. Disabling the plugin removed the issue. Best, Max
- (2016-10-03, v:22.214.171.124 release) doesn't work for all URI's
Doesn't detect trailing "/" and other URI prams.
- (2016-08-29, v:126.96.36.199 release) Jacob: Doesn't detect intranet links as same as internet links
Say you're running an internal tool, lets say jira. You can access it via jira/browse/xyz. If I get a link to the internet url like, jira.company.com/browse/xyz the tool thinks they are different.
- (2016-07-05, v:188.8.131.52 release) Iv She: ver 184.108.40.206
ver 220.127.116.11 after update have troubles in google docs (spreadsheets). Plugin redirects me to previous sheet when i navigate between them
- (2016-05-20, v:18.104.22.168 release) dragon788: Enable Chrome settings sync for this extension!!!
I love this extension, but every time I set up a new machine and install it I shudder because my whitelist doesn't sync so I've got tons of pages I open end up getting auto closed because I didn't update the whitelist to protect them.