TabMate helps you manage tab clutter. Easily switch between tabs across all open windows, save/restore set of tabs/windows
TabMate helps you manage tab clutter and be more productive. Stash a set of tab/windows that you want to save for later and easily restore them when needed. Use quick switcher to search among open tabs and stashes and switch to them. Drag and drop the tabs to rearrange them with in windows or stashes. Name stashes so you can easily remember the purpose for each set of tabs. Easily send tabs to named stashes through right click context menu. Common usages: - Quickly search and switch between all the open tabs and stashes - Save the pages you've visited during your research session and restore all of them later. - Logically group all the pages you visit often and load each group when needed. - Easily manage existing open tabs by saving unnecessary tabs as a session.
- (2021-07-17) Hicks W: 1. The text color is too light, I hope to change it to black! 2. The fonts of the current page should be bold and use different color! 3. The tab of the video or music being played should have an obvious speaker icon!
- (2021-06-06) Bethany Porter: This extension works well. I really like how I can extract tabs from any of the windows (even stashed ones) to go into a new one. The stash all button is a lovely way to quickly close all the windows without worry. If these changes were implemented I would LOVE this extension. 1. A button to jump to stashed windows or a separate section that I can switch to would be appreciated. Or even just a more clear separation of what windows are stashed and which are opened. 2. It would also be great if the current window would be on top of the list. I don't like how it makes the newest at the bottom of the list I wish it was reversed. 3. It scares me that every time I hit stash it closes the window. Maybe if after I hit stash it asked me if I want to keep it open or close it. It could also be a setting or even a separate button. But maybe I'm just not used to it yet. (edit: turns out if you right click the extension there is settings menu and you can turn this off) 4. A minor thing that bugs me is when I click off the renaming bar it doesn't save it, I have to press enter. I wish it would just save what I typed.
- (2020-11-10) P N: Please add the ability to save in the cloud (GDrive for instance) and make the UI more eye-friendly. More visible font, better color. The grey color of the font makes my eyes tired, and the icons are also pale grey, difficut to see. I will stay with tab managers that allows syncing for now.
- (2020-09-15) Taylor Reaume: I am looking for a chrome extension which allows me to automatically sort and group Chrome tabs...VERTICALLY. (not horizontally). I have just spent 10 hours trialing every tab organizer extension I could find, and none of them have this feature. for example, if I have 10 tabs open "domain1.com" it will nicely organize them into a vertical bucket, drop down etc, is that possible yet with Chrome? If you find something like this, can you message me on skype? SMARTCHOICEWEB p.s. I have an idea for a chrome extension, and seeking a developer
- (2020-02-11) Jindřich Prokop: Awesome! Works even with pinned tabs as well as suspended ones.
- (2020-01-24) Asen Anastassov: TabMate is a well-designed session extension which is flexible, handy and easy to use. The option to choose whether to open a saved stash in current window or in new window is very convenient. The support for drag&drop of tabs inside pop-up window (moving a tab from one stash to another) is also a great feature. What I miss is support for export/import of saved stashes to/from file. Support for export/import would highly facilitate moving saved stashes from one browser to another or from one machine to another. If such a feature is implemented a new button may be added to stash tool bar- Export, which saves the selected stash to file. Another button- Import, may be added to main tool bar, which allows the user to import an already saved stash. Any file format (TXT, JSON, HTML) would be fine but I would prefer HTML format as it is easily readable and can be opened in any browser or editor. I want to thank the developer for creating this very useful extension. For me the icon of the extension is nice so I hope that it would not be changed to some blander and duller monochrome nuisance- not everyone is using the ugly default theme.
- (2020-01-10) Jason Edwards: please dont randomly show up one day and not be able to load and just show a white screen, its hard to find a good pop out session manager, the ability to name the session would be appreciated
- (2019-12-05) 千千万万道不明: Can I add a delete reminder option? And put the tags in the bookmark folder to sync... Add like【Tab Session Manager】Delay label loading option... Add an extension to display a small number
- (2019-12-03) Brian Kim: Wow, this extension is surprisingly great!! It beats out what I was looking for in other tab managers by far!
- (2019-04-13) David Waters: I've tried a few others before TabMate, but this was exactly what I was looking for and works great! One feature request that would make it perfect: an option for a minimal/monotone icon would be awesome for those that would like to keep the extension button visible (not hidden in the menu). The blue branding looks great, but a more subtle option to blend with Chrome's design would be nice. The dark grey color of the bookmark star would match. Maybe even a making it slightly smaller to match other stroke widths, but just a simple grey would do the job nicely. You could also always just replace the default icon, but that would sacrificing some of the identity/branding effectiveness as a trade-off. I've seen a few other extensions that do this. To see an example of this in the wild, "Save to Pocket" is an extension many users would like to keep the icon visible for, so they switched to using minimal icon by default (it was recently updated to an even sleeker look) that doesn't distract from Chrome's UI. Anyways, I thought I'd share my suggestion and user feedback to consider in case you might find it useful. Thanks for making such a useful extension!
- (2018-11-17) Erik Alcala Salero: Hi, will this be updated ?
- (2015-03-17) Jonathan Boyko: Seems to work great. Allows you to save and name a session, and then restore it. Unlike others, allows to save tabs from a specific window quite easily.
- (2021-04-21, v:0.8.1) Jindřich Prokop: Cannot access stashed list
Clicking the asterisk does not bring up the list of stashes as it used to. On ubuntu 20.04, chrome 89.0.4389.114.
- (2020-12-02, v:0.8.1) Laura Larsen: Misspelling in tooltip
When you hover over the Window's actions, the close icon tooltip is misspelled: "Cloes Window".
- (2020-08-12, v:0.8.1) BogatyrUSA: Drop Down Menu
Starting today, when I right click on a web page, I do not get Tabmate in drop down menu. I have updated the computer and checked for updates in Google chrome.
- (2020-04-16, v:0.8.1) Morgan Benjamin: Sync progress?
Tabmate is great! You said you were developing Sync about 2 yrs ago? Any progress!? I could drop about 3 different extensions if you do! #fingerscrossed
- (2019-02-14, v:0.8.1) Lost Stacks on Tabmate
- (2018-04-05, v:0.6) Stefan Kampers: Sync
Wann kommt das Sync ?
- (2016-05-02, v:0.6) Rishi Shukla: Syncfeature
Does it support cross platform sync ? Can I store session on one PC and open it on another ?