Quickly find open tabs, see all windows in one view, find duplicates and limit tabs per window. The best Tab Manager for Chrome.
Tab Manager Plus =============== The Marie Kondo for your Chrome Tabs! Do all these open tabs bring you joy? Let's organize them ^_^ ❤❤❤ Recent reviews : ❤❤❤ - "The best tool to find, close, or switch to the tabs you want, when you have many tabs and windows." - "Amazingly useful. Can't believe I've spent so much time without a tool like this." - "In a world of ever-expanding tabs in the browser - this is a helpful addition to keeping them organized and quick switching!" - "Exactly what I was already looking for the last few months, almost started building it myself :)" - "This is exactly what I needed. Thanks for putting this together." - "Really useful. Added in my chrome extension list. Thanks!" If you like it, please leave a review! We read all the reviews ❤ ★ What is Tab Manager Plus? A simple and super-fast Google Extension to help you get the best overview over many tabs. It helps filtering your tabs, moving them, re-arranging them. Once you open Tab Manager Plus, you can type right away. The main focus in this app is speed - so you can find the tab you're looking for - right away! ★ Functionality: ➤ Display all Tabs & Windows quickly in current window ➤ Highlight duplicate tabs ➤ Select Tabs using Right Click, Ctrl, Cmd or Shift ➤ Quickly filter tabs by title and url ( just type - right away! ) ➤ Switch to found tab with "Enter" ➤ Move multiple highlighted tabs with "Enter" ➤ Switch to your latest opened tab with Shift+Ctrl+Space / Shift+Cmd+Space ➤ Limit open tabs - Tab Manager will open a new tab in a new window once your limit is reached ➤ Create new Tabs & Windows ➤ Move Tabs between Windows ➤ Delete Tabs & Windows ➤ Pin/unpin Tabs ➤ Supports incognito mode, if you enable it ★ Updates ➤ 5.2.0 ( 22nd June 2020 ) - Improves search! Searching for "google mail" will highlight tabs that have both words included #107 - Improves search! Searching for "google OR mail" will highlight tabs that have either of the worlds included #106 - Fix: Searching for the same string length would not trigger another search, but that could have stopped an accent selection #93 - Shift-right click will now select tabs in between the last selected tab #104 #94 - Design Fix: default font size set to 16px - Default popup size increased to 800x600 - Default design changed to blocks - Improvements: Background clean up added, to keep resources low - Improvements: Don't render windows in the background while the color/title selection is active - Improvements: Warn when trying to backup empty sessions #98 - Fix: Doesn't allow users to export empty session files, shows a warning instead - Fix: Don't show import/export options for sessions if the feature is not enabled #98 - Fix: Make it more obvious that you can type right away #86 - Fix: Pluralization fixes when only 1 tab was selected #87 ➤ 5.1.6 ( 17th June 2020 ) - Reduce options that would be restored in sessions, to limit conflicts ➤ 5.1.5 ( 17th June 2020 ) - Dark mode has now dark input fields, to ease the eye strain - Slight design and color adjustments - Fix: Properly close title/color popup after pressing enter/escape ( instead of closing the TMP popup ) - Fix: When selecting a tab in dark mode, the text was unreadable - Fix: Changed the way how tabs are counted - sometimes it was possible to open more tabs per window than allowed ➤ 5.1.4 ( 17th June 2020 ) - Moving multiple tabs would sometimes not work when using the button or [Enter] key. This should be fixed now ➤ 5.1.3 ( 7th November 2019 ) - Fix: Popup width adjustable again instead of stuck to 800px - Fix: Only open the popup from context menu if current browser supports it ➤ 5.1.2 ( 4th November 2019 ) - Overhauled and more friendlier context menu. You can now open the popup from the context menu, if opening as own tab is the default. You can now also access the changelog from the context menu - Increase popup size/width steps to 25 - Fix: Hide saved windows when a filter is active - Fix: Don't break rows on tabs based on the hidden tabs - Fix: Sometimes when using the keyboard the tabs would not highlight properly. This should be resolved now. - Fix: Background color for dark mode. - Performance improvements, such as not rendering hidden tabs to the DOM ➤ 5.1.1 ( 1st November 2019 ) - Fix: The "highlight duplicate tabs" button may have disappeared - it should be back now ➤ 5.1.0 ( 31st October 2019 ) - You can now see which tabs are playing sounds and/or music. For this you need to have the "animations" option turned on. The tabs with active sounds will pulsate - You can see now which tabs have been discarded by the browser to save memory - the icons will lose their color if they are in a discarded / memory-saving state - You can also discard tabs well. Simply select one or more tabs, and press the "discard tabs" button in the bottom right corner - New keyboard possibilities : Use the arrow keys to jump between tabs and windows. Use shift+arrow keys to select tabs. Press Escape to delete a search / unselect everything at once. - The big block view has now bigger icons. Easier to read on TVs and big resolutions - Small design fixes for dark and compact modes and the options page - Fix: Sometimes switching to a tab would not focus the new window properly - Fix: Sometimes "open in own tab" would not focus on the tab correctly if it was already open - Fix: Sometimes the bottom search bar would disappear / be pushed below. This should be resolved now - Scroll to the new window when restoring it from saved windows - Scroll to the new saved window when saving it - When drag and dropping a tab outside of Tab Manager Plus into another program or the browser ( which is not really intended/supported ) it will now paste the URL on drop - Under the hood : A rewrite of the extension and upgrade to the latest React version. A big change under the hood with slight performance improvements - General performance improvements - More options texts regarding shortcuts ➤ 5.0.8 ( 29th October 2019 ) - You can now backup and restore your saved windows - You can now select multiple tabs by using right mouse click while holding shift/ctrl or command. Select the first tab with a right click, and then select the last tab with shift+right mouse click, to select all the tabs in between. - You can now set in the options if you'd like to have the Tab Manager open as a popup by default, or in its' own tab - Design fixes to have the right amount of tabs per row displayed in the block view - Stops auto-scrolling to the first active tab, if the user has already started scrolling - Some small fixes to make sure we load correctly also on slower machines - Fixes to dark mode in its' own tab - the background was not displayed in the full window - Removed buggy animation transitions that would get stuck on hover ➤ 5.0.7 ( 28th October 2019 ) - Dark mode - you can now enable the dark mode in the options! - Close the popup when clicking on a tab, window or restoring a session, but don't close it when we're in a Tab Manager page of its own ➤ 5.0.6 ( 25th October 2019 ) - Fixed issue where current tab wouldn't be closed when pressing the "close tabs" button - Backwards compatibility with older browser versions ➤ 5.0.5 ( 23rd October 2019 ) - Removed unnecessary chrome permission - Slight performance improvements ➤ 5.0.4 ( 23rd October 2019 ) - Save/restore windows ( beta ) - you can now save and restore windows into your local storage. Please note : History of the tabs will not be preserved. ( Disabled by default ) - Fixes for search box displays on some configurations - Adjustments for wide screens - Various other small fixes - Close popup after pressing enter ➤ 5.0.3 ( 15th August 2019 ) - Added context menu to open Tab Manager in its' own tab - Small fixes for icon borders not rendering properly - Fixes for the search bar when the popup is too narrow - Added popup title and favicon - Disable popup auto-closing until we have a better solution - Fixed Firefox error where a new window would not be created ➤ 5.0.2 ( 6th August 2019 ) - Hotfix for Chrome to support the browser based api ➤ 5.0.1 ( 6th August 2019 ) - Fixes to rate and review buttons - Added donate option - thank you for keeping this extension alive! - Changed description of colorize button to include hint that the window name can be changed as well - Changed colorize button to settings - Adjusted fonts, so they look nicer - Font changes in options menu - Added title detection for the about: protocol - Launched for Firefox as well! ➤ 5.0.0 ( 5th August 2019 ) - Added rate and review buttons - Updated depreciated chrome api calls to newer ones - Prepared Firefox compatibility ➤ 4.9.9 ( 27th February 2019 ) - If the current tab is not in the initial popup screen, then we'll scroll down to it - "Minimize inactive windows" will only minimize windows on the same monitor ( requires additional permission ) - Small fixes to window titles from last update ➤ 4.9.8 ( 27th February 2019 ) - Add option to enable/disable window titles - Smarter window title detection, especially for super-long titles ➤ 4.9.7 ( 24th January 2019 ) - Fix small rendering issues - Re-arrange some options ➤ 4.9.6 ( 24th January 2019 ) - Nicer wrapping of windows - Show the tabs with the highest count first in the title - Fixes in list views for high width popups, sometimes the titles were cut off ➤ 4.9.5 ( 23rd January 2019 ) - Unnamed windows will show now the top domains in it instead - Added a close option to the naming and color popups ➤ 4.9.4 ( 28th June 2018 ) - Fixes to stuck tab counters - Auto-close forgotten tab managers after 100 seconds - Various bugfixes and style changes ➤ 4.9.3 - Fixes for older Chrome versions ➤ 4.9.2 - Fixes a bug when localStorage is empty ➤ 4.9.1 - You can now auto-hide Chrome windows that aren't active, having only one Chrome window in focus at a time - There's now a separate section for minimized windows - so it's easier to spot them - Clicking on a window will activate that window ( instead of having to click on a tab ) - Fixes to window coloring - sometimes the colors would be lost / applied to the wrong window - New options page ➤ 4.9.0 - Allows you to give windows colors - You can now minimize and maximize windows from Tab Manager - Minimized windows are now shown as faded out and at the end of the list - You can now set the width and height of the popup in the options Tab Manager Plus is open source. The main purpose of Tab Manager Plus is to find "lost" tabs easily. You can open the Tab Manager with a keyboard shortcut - Ctrl+M / Cmd+M or by clicking on the icon - and then you can type right away! The Tab Manager will then show you all tabs that match your search terms - by tab title, and by url. If you've found your tab, and it's the only one selected - press "enter" - and you will jump right to it! If you don't like one of the layouts, there's in total 4 more views available : ★ Block view ( Shows you groups of icons - each window is one group ) ★ Big block view ( same as above, but with bigger icons ) ★ Horizontal view ( every window is one line, and every tab is represented by an icon ) ★ Vertical view ( a list of all your tabs - with readable titles ) You can move tabs between windows in every view - and you can select tabs with your right mouse button ( or CTRL+click on Mac ). Once you have selected a few tabs, simply press the "enter" key, and all tabs will be moved to a new browser window. Are you stuck with lost duplicate tabs? Simply press the "duplicate tabs" icon, and Tab Manager will highlight the Duplicates for you. You can then press "Enter" as well, and they will be moved to a separate window. ➤ Don't like animations? You can turn off / turn on animations in the options. ➤ The window is too big - the tabs take too much space? Switch to a compact view in the options - it's less beautiful, but more space efficient. ➤ In each window you will find 2 action buttons. One + icon, that opens a new tab in that window, and a x icon, which closes the whole window. If you don't like these 2 buttons, then you can disable them in the options as well. If you want to have an overview over your incognito tabs as well - make sure to go into the extension settings, and to enable the extension in Incognito mode. ★ Additional benefits Depending on how many scripts are running inside your tabs, cleaning out duplicates from time to time can also speed up your computer by reducing the CPU load. Please take care of your computer. ★ Not so obvious nowadays, but important nevertheless : - We don't share ANY data with anybody. Everything happens offline and in your browser only. - This version does NOT have any malware or hidden ads. We made this, because we were fed up with the previous version that was infested with malware and ads. - We love Tab Manager - we hope you love it, too. ★★★★★ If you like it, please leave a rating. ★★★★★ If you have suggestions, leave a comment in the support box. ★ Legalitites : This app is not affiliated with Google or Google Chrome. Google Chrome is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. Tab Manager Plus does not monitor your links or page visits, and does not track any of your searches or filters. ★★★★★ Please enjoy this free Chrome Extension :-)
- (2020-06-30) Cathy wei: 可可爱爱，没有脑袋。希望出中文版
- (2020-06-29) Bowei Du: Very useful.
- (2020-06-29) Choris Steve: 很不错，非常好用。希望能支持重启后保存原来的窗口和标题。
- (2020-06-25) 劉大成: 感謝作者修復了shift+右鍵能選取多個分頁，這擴充功能非常好用，已經不能沒有這。
- (2020-04-16) Cory: the best
- (2020-04-14) River Brandon: Just started using this and I've had other utilities that allow me to search open tabs, but being able to see/organize them by windows and name the windows is awesome. Love it so far.
- (2020-04-13) Ashley Raiteri: It's so incredibly simple and useful. Combined with the great suspender I don't have to be good at organizing anymore. I manage my disk drive by keeping all documents in one bucket, with tagging, and search. Being able to view, merge, deduplicate, close windows, and search my open tabs PLUS much more without have to maintain some complicated bookmarking system means I never have to worry about having to many tabs or getting to ZERO TABS again. (combined with the great suspender)
- (2020-04-09) Po-Lun Wang: Pretty nice! I can manage tabs easily. Thank you!
- (2020-04-09) Mohammad Naseri: Amazing UX
- (2020-04-08) L Z: Very productive.
- (2020-04-07) Chris LaFave: Being able to select certain tabs and move them to another window, to get them out of the way for later, already made me fall in love. Everything else is a bonus! :)
- (2020-04-06) Mohamad Nossier: When I select only one tab then choose to move tabs to new window, It doesn't.
- (2020-04-05) eZ pZ: Found this after using the tab refresher for months. You are legend.
- (2020-04-02) Clark Owen: I just added this extension, so I'm not going to review the quality, but for those like me who are searching through the reviews for the info that is missing in the description: 1. Yes, this extension is open-source. 2. Yes, this will work with the Brave Browser. (Just as well as it would be expected to work with chrome, according to a previous reviewer.)
- (2020-04-01) Steven Bakondi: After about 10 minutes of exploring Tab Manager Plus I can see why this extension receives consistently high marks. I've been searching for Tab Manager's feature set for a while now (having tried 4 other tab managers) to better manage the 400-odd tabs that I invariably keep open in ~8-10 windows. I especially like the search feature and how I can use it to "round up" related tabs from various windows and corral them in a new window. Sweet! Keep the features coming, please!
- (2020-03-28) Jerzy Pieńkowski: Bardzo pomocny system porządkowania sesji przeglądarkowych.
- (2020-03-25) Leon: I love this extension. Thanks for make it happen. It will be greater if can make icons more lovable.
- (2020-03-21) Noppatee Mekiyanon: OMG when ii have this extension I got an A+
- (2020-03-20) Haddon Pearson: Pretty great for managing open tabs, thank you
- (2020-03-19) Laura Timmel: Fantastic tab manager! I've tried at least dozen different options, and this is by far my favorite. It makes it easy to save and restore windows, rearrange tabs between windows, find duplicate tabs, search tabs, etc. There are plenty of layout and style options too. It even works with pinned tabs! My only complaint is that the highlight color (for identifying duplicates and search results) is the same for dark and light mode, and in dark mode it makes it impossible to read the tab titles (white text on a bright yellow background). I reported this to the devs several months ago, and unfortunately there has been no change. 5* if this ever gets fixed.
- (2020-03-16) Amanda Bates: I had this extension for my work computer and decided I needed it on my home computer as well--I don't know how I ever lived without it! I can get a bit crazy with the number of tabs I have open and I love the search function in this extension. 10/10
- (2020-03-12) Euros S.: Wow! Excellent Extension! Very convenient and time saver. it has all the features of an extension of this kind. I like mostly the "horizontal view" option. Because i can see the names of each tabs. And especially the best feature is that it Automatically "auto-SCROLL" down to the specific tab you are working in at the moment. 👍🏻
- (2020-03-11) Jordan Walsh: Im in love with this extension 1000/10 && 5*10 stars ;-D SOOOO much faster to organize windows and AUTOMATE the right number of tabs for me!!!!!! THAAAAANK YOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!
- (2020-03-03) McSega: how do i sort tabs
- (2020-03-02) Marek - Gharou: I like it. The concept is great. Love the simplicity! There's some space for improvements, just to mention possibility of naming saved windows, but I wouldn't like if the extension grew to some kind of oversized multi-tool. Do one thing, and do it well :)
- (2020-06-27, v:5.2.0) Lorin Halpert: Automatically move certain URLs to different windows?
I always wanted all my 'media' sites (Youtube, Soundcloud etc) to be in their own window, comics in another, etc. Would it be possible to create domain lists - that when detected get moved to specific, pre-defined windows?
- (2020-06-25, v:5.2.0) Web TCI: Coloring tabs
Once a tab is colored in the popup, after clicked on the color thumbnail, the popup disappears and shows the dashboard with only that tab while all other tabs disappear.
- (2020-06-22, v:5.1.6) Roy Haroush: "Switches to previously active tab" does not stick.
"Switches to previously active tab" does not stick. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. happens both on edge chrome, chromium and chrome. https://i.imgur.com/R0mAjdE.png I can set it, and it will work great, then restart and it will not, trying a different key sometimes works, sometime doesnt. Please take a look, this is one of the most important features imho since when you set it to global you can call the last used tab from anywhere (when chrome is not in focused), which is a really big time saver ! Thanks !
- (2020-06-20, v:5.1.6) Vitaliy N: auto scroll
hello please fix auto scroll to bottom when many tabs! or make option to deactivate this, because it slow the work and wrong tab select occur.
- (2020-05-31, v:5.1.3) Sarah: Saving names of windows
Hi! I really like the idea of this extension but I am having a problem. Whenever I restart chrome, I lose all the names and colors of the windows, so it is starting from scratch. I have tried to activate the "Save windows for later" option but it won't work. I am not sure if it is supposed to work this way or I am missing something.
- (2020-05-18, v:5.1.3) Roy Haroush: Switches to previously active tab - works sporadically
when ever i restart my browser i need to assign a keyboaerd short again to the above action. it's still there, it just doesn't work... even after assigning it doesn't always work .. or doesn't work most of the time.
- (2020-05-15, v:5.1.3) David Dows: Missing button for duplicates
What happened to the button to highlight duplicates? Also the button to the right of that one? Both buttons to the left of the "eye" button are missing now. I've tried removing TMP from Chrome and adding it back, but they are still gone.
- (2020-05-08, v:5.1.3) Tim Hockin: small UX issues
I really like this. I keep having a couple small UX issues. 1) When I click the icon and see a window list, clicking the name opens the edit screen, but I don't want that. I want to choose that group. There's already an edit icon. This matters when I am using the most compact view, especially. 2) When I click the edit icon, there's nothing focused. It would be good to put the cursor in the name editbox (since that is what I do most) 3) When I am in the edit screen, edit a name, and I hit enter it opens a new window. Not helpful.
- (2020-05-04, v:5.1.3) Augusto Quintero: is there any limit for the saved windows number?
is there any limit for the saved windows number?
- (2020-04-27, v:5.1.3) BeatBullz: Please add an Tab / Right-Click / Close this Tab - Button
Please add an Tab / Right-Click / Close this Tab - Button
- (2020-04-27, v:5.1.3) Jul Star!!: its amazing
its amazing i love it
- (2020-04-26, v:5.1.3) Dr Sherwood Tucker DDS MAGD: How to to use ? Any directions?
Need some docs to learn how to use?
- (2020-04-23, v:5.1.3) Domokos Balázs: Save tab list for bulk reopen.
Hi, Some times I lost all of my pined-opened tabs, because of wrong order of closing opened chrome windows. I have to search tabs from history to reopen and repin all, very annoying wahhh. All of my friends, colleagues hate when lost 20 tabs used every day. This will be a great feature in your plugin, to save a list of (pinned) tabs to be able reopen all by one click in the current chrome window :D Thank you for your time! Best regards, Balazs
- (2020-04-22, v:5.1.3) Dan Hurley: Naming a tab group
Excellent extension! Small issue: When I go to 'Change window name and color', I can change the color, but the name textbox does not permit a name change. This occurred in Chrome in both Windows and MacOS. Thanks.
- (2020-04-17, v:5.1.3) M.Mojtaba Monemi: Shift+Right mouse buttun not working!
Shift+Right mouse buttun doesn't do anything!
- (2020-04-16, v:5.1.3) PEPÓN RAYA Luima: cual es el codigo de mi cuenta
cual es el codigo de mi cuenta
- (2020-04-10, v:5.1.3) M.Mojtaba Monemi: Select All Tabs
Hello, Please add an option for selecting all tabs.
- (2020-04-06, v:5.1.3) Alex Neth: Allow URL entry in search field
I engage the plugin, type something like "mail.go". If a gmail tab is open, it finds that - great! Works just like spotlight. If a gmail tab is not open, I'd like to be able to type mail.google.com and hit enter to open a gmail tab. Maybe even add autocomplete. Extension works great, however this would add some convenience. Thanks!
- (2020-04-03, v:5.1.3) Peyton Hanel: Allow for copying of URL with ctrl-c
Hi, I really love this extension! I think that it would be a good feature to allow for a tab URL to be copied (with ctrl-c) when there is one selected. So that way when I search for a tab I can instantly copy it. Maybe if multiple tabs are selected than ctrl-c will copy all urls and organize them into a list? Thanks!
- (2020-03-25, v:5.1.3) Alex B: Export tabs/windows issue
When I click the export button after clicking the wrench key (at top right), the file that is downloaded is empty, with none of the webpages/tabs/windows showing, which I was expecting to be find there when I click the file. Have I missed something?
- (2020-03-25, v:5.1.3) Migotes: Animation to jump to the active tab
Hi, is it possible to jump to the active tab in the popup window from Tabmanager plus without the scrolling animation?
- (2020-03-24, v:5.1.3) Aashish Sharma: Saved Windows
Hello there, am really liking your extension, its really great! One thing I wanted to know is, would it be possible to save windows and, if you save again, the saved window with the same name is just overwritten instead of being duplicated? That would make the workflow of saving windows at the end of the day much smoother over the long run and no duplicates! Many thanks!
- (2020-03-23, v:5.1.3) Maciej Kowciak: No duplicate tabs button
I have installed your Tab Manager Plus for Chrome extension and I like it very much, but I cannot seem to find the duplicate tabs function anywhere. Here is how the window looks for me: https://imgur.com/a/QcpUgty Is the duplicate tabs button supposed to be at the bottom next to the search window? I would greatly appreciate your help!
- (2020-02-29, v:5.1.3) Kristian Peterson: Please add a sort function and allow windows to be locked in manager
When searching through multiple tabs at times, it can be difficult to identify duplicate tabs due to them being in their original order. Would it be possible to reorder the tabs in a window alphabetically by page title with a simple click from the manager? I feel this could improve the identify duplicate tabs function. I was also wondering if there was a way to prevent windows from changing places within the manager based on which window was made active? While moving tabs from one window to the next can get tedious when there are a large number in certain windows that cause the entire layout to shuffle when changing between windows (i.e. using manager in one window while comparing and selecting tabs in another will cause the two windows to constantly change places in tab manager)
- (2020-02-15, v:5.1.3) Przemysław Sekuła: Current window
Hi! Is it possible to open saved pages in the current window and not always in the new one?