RSS feed reader in the style of Firefox's live bookmarks.
This extension mimics the excellent native handling of RSS and Atom feed reading in Firefox using live bookmarks. It does this by syncing RSS feeds with bookmark folders and syncing them at a configured interval. Install this extension and get back to non-obtrusive and easy to use RSS/Atom feed reading. * Supports import/export of feeds from other RSS readers using OPML. * Auto detects RSS/Atom feeds on web pages. (ported from Googles RSS Subscription). Chrome Limitations The Chrome API has limitations on the number of bookmark actions(add, remove, move) that extensions can perform in a period of time so this extension tries to do as little as possible. Even so it is possible(I never have though) to hit these limits and the extension will have to wait for an hour before it can continue. In that case you'll be able to see the error in the error log page which is accessible from the options page. If you use chrome's bookmark sync it will cause multiple items in the feeds since chrome will sync your feed folders as well. You shouldn't use this extension with the core bookmark feature. Some other bookmark sync extensions allow you to get around this by filtering out the feed folders. by: David Hamp-Gonsalves
- (2020-08-10) pigeons killer: Quite good extension even if could be better. Sometimes bookmarks are not updated (even for days), but most of all there is no way to change the order of bookmarks in the settings ...
- (2020-04-10) Randolph Pauker: Just what I was looking for, a replacement for the now discontinued Firefox native bookmarks RSS feed location. Thanks very much.
- (2019-11-07) Andreas Georg Mai: Schade das so ein Addon notwendig ist. Der Wegfall von RSS Feeds in allen aktuellen Browsern ist eine Schande. Sehr gut gemachtes Addon - 5* dafür
- (2018-12-30) Funktioniert perfekt, so wie man es bisher von Firefox gewohnt war.
- (2018-08-19) Gerd Gommel: It don't update the Feed anymore since the last Vivaldi Update. :-(
- (2018-07-25) Ольга Ряскова: ни один нужный мне фид расширение не видит
- (2018-07-20) BM: Works as described, thanks!
- (2018-06-11) Vassil Valchev: Exactly what I was looking for - simple, clear list of the headlines. Thanks!
- (2017-11-30) Paulo Vítor Ribeiro: o melhor que eu encontrei para o Chrome
- (2017-08-25) Jo Verrückt: The best our of (currently three in the google extensions store). Tried the others... waste of time. This is perfect. Exactly FF style I love. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
- (2017-05-16) Claudio Carlos López Cobas: Me Gusta, podrian añadir su icono a la carpeta en la barra de marcadores.
- (2017-04-30) Yamamoto Keen: クソ重くなったFireFoxからの移行を躊躇っている方にオススメ
- (2017-04-07) David Horkoff: Seems buggy. Does not measure up to Firefox at all.
- (2017-03-03) James Utting: I was hoping that this would provide Chrome users with Firefox style live bookmarks. But this extension simply fails to work as the live bookmarks fail to get updated even though those RSS feeds are updated daily in Firefox RSS feeds. This extension also frequently fails to get the correct information for setting up RSS feeds and error messages are presented which require you to manually correct certain things, Even when this is done this extension still fails in many aspects. This has been an extremely dissapointing extension and truly deserves a 1 star rating.
- (2017-02-13) Joe T.: Doesn't work with Chrome's sync system. The addon installs in other instances where i'm logged in, but the feed settings don't sync, so it can't update the folders i set up in the original instance. Also, didn't really see any sign that it was polling for new items - some feeds that i know update regularly didn't get any new items in the bookmark folder.
- (2016-12-13) Mac f: 4.1 との違いは？ 2016/12/11アップデートとあるが、githubには履歴がない。
- (2014-09-15) Great extension that eliminates a big deficiency in Chrome. Dev has fixed the ads problem where the opt-out was being ignored in some circumstances.
- (2014-09-09) Jamison Sheppard: This extension started injecting a script to display ads and it was very difficult to figure out why that was happening and how to turn them off. It started breaking a number of sites that also used fixed positioned modals. Go to options from chrome://extensions and check the 'do not display ads' checkbox.
- (2014-09-09) roy burgess: Even after disabling ads, they are still served - DO NOT USE!
- (2014-09-08) Matt Skerrett: Now trying to inject ads and still tries to even when you switch the option off
- (2014-09-06) James Doherty: Same as the others, this worked fine until it started giving me ad popups. Do not download, and delete this if you already have it!
- (2014-09-05) Robert Taylor: Very bad, as many of the reviews here state it has started adding adverts and tracking cookies, should be removed from the store
- (2014-09-05) Jeswin Kumar: Wow. I suddenly see 3rd party spyware and cookies. I checked the servers being used and it looks very, very shady. This app should immediately be banned from the store.
- (2014-09-05) Dagmawi Biru: BEWARE: This addon injects ad scripts into the DOM by default. I found various scripts being loaded on different pages and thought I had a malware infection but turned out to be originating from this extension. You can disable the ads but the checkbox is tucked away in the settings.
- (2014-08-11) Вячеслав Кузьменко: Вообще ни о чем. Снес сразу.
- (2014-07-23) Nick C: Bookmarks accumulated in the Feed folders causing Chrome to lag super badly even though Max Feed Items was set to 25.
- (2014-06-21) Phil Shrider: Love the extension. Only problem is that you must go into the setting for this to delete bookmarks. If you delete via Chrome this will put them back the next time the RSS is polled. Otherwise, a great addition for Chrome.
- (2014-06-07) Ross Teixeira: Exactly the add-on I needed, fixing one of the main things that was holding me back from switching from Firefox! You are David, savior of worlds.
- (2021-05-13, v:4.2) Noah Nobody: Badly listed in the chrome store
Not sure if you know about this, but just in case... It's very hard to search for this in the chrome store. I searched RSS and it didn't come up. I searched for Fox and it didn't come up. I even tried RSS fox, and nothing came up. Only when I typed in Foxish, is when it came up.
- (2020-05-22, v:4.2) Marius Merchiers: problem with rss
Hello, I want to add this rss feed https://www.4gamers.be/rss I placed it it in favorites bar; But It doesn't show me the feeds? Can you check its a problem with foxish or with the site?
- (2020-04-21, v:4.2) Ken Satterfield: Syncing
I moved everything over to a Windows 10 machine earlier this year (running Chrome) and some of my RSS feeds work while most do not unless I set it up again manually. Is there an easy way to fix this without having to start over? (No reply from a post I made in early February) Thanks!
- (2020-02-28, v:4.2) Ken Satterfield: Profiles not updating
As is mentioned on the general comments section, after I migrated to a new laptop, Foxish is not updating profiles. Is there a way to do a general reset without having to do each individually? (Plus, the developer's support site returns a 404 error.)
- (2020-02-08, v:4.2) kang zhang: bookmarks don't refresh when the extension is sync'd on a new chrome browser
hi, I've not seen this mentioned anywhere so i just wanted to let you know: every single time i install a fresh new chrome profile and let it sync to my Google account, it will sync the web extensions including Foxish Live RSS. When that happens, I get all the bookmarks correctly but they never refresh/sync. If I delete them and recreate them manually it works again without issue. The error log in empty in this case. ps: great extension otherwise, thanks for taking the time to make this
- (2019-08-03, v:4.2) Darth Biomech: Feeds do not contain items
A few feeds I tried to subscribe to do not produce any entries in the folders, there it's just a separator and a link. What would be the reason for that?
- (2019-02-06, v:4.2) Роман Папуша: Some settings
Can I ask for few settings to be added? I was used firefox before for long time and main link in it was first and not last. Also these dotes at the end... For me it points to about:blank (i think it's because I've set it as default page)...
- (2018-04-12, v:4.2) Permissions
Can someone explain the need for the new permissions? Change bookmarks I understand but read data on the websites I visit?
- (2018-03-04, v:4.2) S. Michael Nash: Not updating
It seems to be still using a list that is way out of date. Is there a way to refresh it?
- (2017-12-07, v:4.2) Not updating
Seemed to work initially. Then I noticed that it was not updating. Error log shows multiple timeouts. Firefox keeps chugging along.
- (2017-06-30, v:4.2) Paul Saxelby: Highlight on new item
Hi In 2014 someone asked whether the feed shortcut on the favourites bar could be emboldened when there are new items in the feed and you answered that it couldn't be done as "chrome extensions are very limited and bookmarks can't be modified visually". I don't suppose this has changed in the last 3 years has it? I'm sort of sticking with IE as it does this to prompt me to look. A sad reason I know but...
- (2017-05-05, v:4.2) Tim S: Hierarchical Bookmark folder selector
Hi, I've got a lot of nested folders in Bookmarks, some with duplicate names, can you please present a nested folder list to select from. Should be a quick fix as plenty of JS libs for this.
- (2017-02-22, v:4.2) Luka Romih: RSS title width
Is it possible to change (expand) the width of the RSS news titles? Most of mine end up with ... and I'd prefer to see whole titles.
- (2017-01-12, v:4.2) Matthew White: Ad enable/disable
the addin description mention that you can disable teh adds in settings , i cant see the option is this still a function in teh extension please ?
- (2014-09-09, v:4.0) ersin eroğlu: adware
i use this extension for 2 years. But it adds adware my browser.