Displays RAM Usage Information
This extension shows available memory at a glance in the icon in GB. For more detailed information, rollover the icon. Click the icon to display an infobar on sites, open a panel which stays in view (separate app required), and display an icon on the Chrome OS shelf (chrome://flags/#enable-panels required) Right click the icon and click options for customization.
- (2020-01-01) Greg Mawson: Simple, neat, does what it says. If possible I'd like the option to turn off alerts for when available RAM is low
- (2019-12-27) Mark Zinzow: According to the Google Chrome task manager this extension uses more ram than the one by pd4d10, so I've switched to that. This memory monitor uses somewhere between 22,704K and 115,704K, (typically ~49,000K) and the other between 21,904K and 40,056K. When running out of memory, I prefer the most memory thrifty monitoring, rather than the most full featured. Unregistering unwanted service workers helped free a lot more ram at chrome://serviceworker-internals. These numbers were checked on both my Win7 system and a Chromebook.
- (2016-03-29) Viktor Stremler: I like it. It's simple. But its showing free memory only. As cache fills up it goes towards 0. But really there is more memory for the browser to use. Would it be possible to show free+cache mem added together? Would be more useful in knowing how many more tabs I can handle.
- (2016-03-08) Guss Manning: This is a must have for anyone that wants to monitor their computer memory!! Excellent work! Keep working on it, kudos!
- (2016-02-09) john lindsey: just shows how bad 2 gig of memory is since it almost always just goes that 3 minues into using chrome. offers no suggestions on what could be done to clear the memory.
- (2016-01-15) Wong Hong Lo: Simple and does the trick. I just bought a gig chromebook and don't know if one really needs a 4 gig one or not. I have 15 tabs open and I'm streaming spotify with no trouble!!!
- (2015-12-12) Working well and properly informs what is available (so does also another extension: System Info but it says wrongly that it informs what is used in info text instead of what is available which is tha case!)
- (2015-05-21) Dominik Köhler: Funktioniert super :D geil für Chromebooks :D
- (2015-03-30) helpme96 helpme96: Still most versatile, and best Memory Monitor I've found.
- (2014-09-21) Patrick Vossen: I like it and its simple, and it allows me to check my resources quickly.
- (2014-08-31) Bill Koch: Great extension Daniel. It has wonderful utility on a Chromebook.
- (2014-05-28) Along Ikmal: Good 😂
- (2014-05-21) William: Simple - but easy
- (2014-04-05) Such a simple extension that belies the hours of development work behind it. Excellent.
- (2014-04-04) Frank Tedesco: Nice work, Daniel. Simple and effective, sitting up there in the extensions bar. And the latest update to put an icon in the tray is a great addition. And with it now "knocked out" [white/black], you have a winner. UPDATE: Daniel just keeps making it better. Now with "rollover" to get RAM info.
- (2014-04-03) Very nice. You don't even have to click on anything to see how much memory is left.
- (2017-10-12, v:11.0.3) Robert Jabaay: Memory going negative
Your display is going negative on newest Rev.
- (2016-11-19, v:11.0.3) Kelsey Tidwell: Icon on bottom shelf
I tried to add the icon to the bottom shelf, and the extension takes me to the chrome flags screen, suggesting the enable panels flag. But this flag no longer exists. Is there another comparable flag I can set to allow the icon in the notification bar?
- (2016-05-15, v:11.0.3) Tim: It cannot show 13.5G properly.
My Chromebox has 16G memory in total. It can show 8.5G but cannot show 13.5G properly. The number string is too long to show.
- (2016-04-22, v:11.0.3) Colin McLeod: warning notification non stop
hey i set my notifer to 1gb, and it keeps notifying me with a new message every second. i only need one notification when it drops below 1gb, i dont need continuing notifications when below 1gb. thanks
- (2016-02-14, v:11.0.3) C. M. P.: Monitor vs. Task Manager
My Chromebook has started randomly shutting itself down and restarting. Thinking that it might be a memory problem, I installed your Memory Monitor App (great tool, by the way - thank you!). The Memory Monitor keeps warning me that my "available RAM is low!" - usually less than 0.1. I don't understand why I keep running out of RAM on my Chromebook when I'm supposed to have 4GB, and the task manager says I'm only using a total of around 684912k (0.653183GB). Any ideas as to reconciling the difference between the task manager stats and the monitor?
- (2015-06-15, v:11.0.3) CleeLittle WoodenCloset: Megabyte Display Value
Could we get a megabyte value instead of a gigabyte value on all displays? My chromebook only has 2 Gb of ram so telling me I've got 0.1 available isn't that helpful. Thanks and lovin' the apps so far
- (2015-05-06, v:11.0.3) James Kendall: Interface
That number displaying in the middle of my web document (cpu?) is just plain IRRITATING.
- (2015-02-25, v:11.0.3) Text size control does not work
Hello. Changing text size do not affect the control display
- (2015-01-27, v:11.0.3) sharon parke: memory low
What should I do? I am running windows 8.1x64. I have memory available.so now what?
- (2014-11-26, v:11) Richard Grant: Popup Window
The popup window for Memory Monitor no longer works. If I click on the icon, I used to get a popup window with free memory info. Now it opens then immediately closes.