Easy to use Spritz-type speed reader. Just select text and double tap shift!
Shifty Spritz is my own implementation of http://www.spritzinc.com/. I made it because I struggle reading fast. I found that the Spritz reader was perfect for me as I was able to read fast and with great comprehension. Although I found that Spritz and similar readers where to clunky and slow, so I decided to spin up my own. Shifty Spritz Speed Reader is open source and you can view all the code on https://github.com/andrewmilson/shifty-spritz. I hope you love using it as much as I do!
- (2020-02-27) Vinegar Legate: Really useful, doesn't show the hyperlinks in wikipedia which is a problem with other similar programs. 5/5
- (2020-02-09) Doge Doge: this. is. great.
- (2019-08-20) Dima Koss: Nice, simple and free. Gonna donate you guys =)
- (2019-05-22) Brody Self: Very handy, the only (minor) suggestion I have is to have a slider for the speed to allowit to be adjusted a bit easier, depending on the difficulty of the content you need to read (e.g. textbooks vs fiction)
- (2018-08-07) Alejandro Vargas: Excellent, simple and functional. Just the best.
- (2018-03-29) Baikal qwerty: Made really well
- (2017-08-19) Daniel Corner: good extension. notification "I changed the hotkeys" keeps popping up when I switch tabs leftward with ctrl+shift+tab... 9__9
- (2017-04-10) Edwin Reynoso: 2 Things, would love if I could set more than 1 word at a time. and a context menu option instead of double clicking shift
- (2017-02-22) Please remove alert about changed hotkeys
- (2017-02-07) Renbo: Awesome! Will donate if/when :D it gets similar algoritms that this plugin has: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/read/aiijjeoekhpdpfcnejiganpaaacdodko?hl=en I.e. option to control pause after dot, comma, paragraph etc etc. And centralize the text, dont want it to the left
- (2016-05-24) Hjalmar Otto Fjøsne: Very simple and clean! Like it very much!. There are some bugs where highlighted text in certain frames does not allow the reader to be initiated, especially comments or textboxes not belonging to the main article/text Suggestion: I guess it would be somewhat hard to implement, but it would be great if the current word is highlighted and centered on the site while the reader is running :)
- (2016-05-19) Ray Voelker: This is an amazingly great implementation of this technique! I only wish that it worked for google docs, or inside of gmail. I'm assuming there are some security concerns perhaps with allowing plugins to work for these things.
- (2016-01-24) Alessandro Jeanteur: Awesome extension, perhaps the most useful I use... but could you adjust relative speed so that longer words appear a little longer on screen? my android spritz app does it fine but this one doesn't seem to :)
- (2015-11-27) xi xa: Can we get this to work on pdf?
- (2015-08-27) Jorden B.: Really great extension. Just needs to fix rushing through hyphenated words, phrases, etc; other random punctuation marks including quotations mess with the speed of the reading as well. Overall fantastic though.
- (2015-08-08) Chris Ramos: all i want is an option to separate hyphenated words and then it's perfect. really impressed :D
- (2015-05-26) Ahmed Abdullatif: COOL!! i loved it, keep up the good work
- (2015-05-21) Luke Wiltshire: Simple and easy to use. A very nice application. ^_^
- (2015-05-11) Thought I'd try this before jumping in and buying the official Spritz extension. This does the job just fine.
- (2015-05-04) Robert Sells: Definitely the best Spritzing app available. The only thing I dislike is how the reader is uncentered.
- (2015-04-20) MikeDX: Just didnt work at all
- (2015-04-17) Brian Broom-Peltz: Excellent. Saves a lot of eye movement for fast readers. I think it would be nice to have a ramp up feature ... for the first x words for y seconds along some sigmoid ramp expression ... plz
- (2015-01-18) Jesse: way cool.
- (2014-10-30) Bauti Moni: not working
- (2014-10-26) Stephen Pihlaja: Love it. One request: full screen version? Now, if you highlight and zoom in to 500%, I can get close, but would be a nice add on. Also, maybe an automatic read, so you don't have to highlight? Still, best one I've seen!