Easy access to the Wikipedia universe
Black Menu for Wikipedia lets you access the best of the Wikipedia Universe, in a simple, easy, and convenient way. This extension has a comprehensive menu of Wikimedia Foundation projects. You can access them by browsing through the black menu entries. By clicking the menu entry of your choice, you'll go to the corresponding Wikimedia Foundation project in a new tab. Wikipedia – The primary page, containing a search box which lets you access the vast collection of Wikipedia articles right inside Black Menu for Wikipedia. This page also features today's featured Wikipedia article and recent news reported by Wikipedia. Wiktionary – Search for thousands of words featured in the Wiktionary dictionary and thesaurus. This page also features Wiktionary the word of the day. Wikiquote – Browse Wikiquote's broad collection of quotes using the search bar or search for quotes by categories. This page also features the Wikiquote quote of the day. Wikibooks – The Wikibooks page includes an overview of the Wikibooks project and a search bar to search and access an array of 2,600+ books. Wikisource – Browse through the ample library of Wikisource texts using the search bar at the top of the page. The Wikisource page also include the featured text of the month, new texts, and Wikisource highlights. You can also browse through texts by categories and author. Wikispecies – Search through Wikispecies' collection of organisms using the search bar at the top of the page. A featured author and the species of the week are also displayed on this page. Wikinews – Check up on the news as reported by Wikipedia. If you want to look through the news archives, just use the search bar at the top of the Wikinews page. Wikiversity – This page includes a introduction to Wikiversity and the search bar at the top of this page lets you search through Wikiversity's extensive assortment of educational resources. Wikivoyage – Explore the world using the free worldwide travel guide that anyone can edit. Search for travel guides by continent or use the search bar at the top of the page. Also look for itineraries, phrasebooks, travel topics and other topics. The Wikivoyage page also features the destination of the month, a destination off the beaten path and the featured travel topic. Commons – Search for and view all the media files Wikipedia Commons has to offer using the search bar. Also browse through media files by topic, location, type, author, license and source. This page also features the Commons' picture of the day. Meta-Wiki – This page includes an introduction to Meta-Wiki, the global community site for Wikimedia projects and the Wikimedia movement. Use the search bar to browse through various projects and pages.
- (2021-03-10) Jagannath Rakesh: Its a great extension, and i find real potential in this! I use the "Black Menu for Google" extension too, but I find one thing missing in this one, that you do find in the black menu for google, that is, there is an option to assign keyboard shortcuts for navigation through the different tabs provided in the extension pop-out menu (moving between sections like 'Wikipedia, Wikitionary, Wikiquotes, etc).The shortcuts could be assigned from the chrome extension shortcuts menu for black menu for google, i dont find the same for this one, other than the general shortcut to activate the extension... For people who use their keyboards a lot for navigation, that would be really helpful, so dear dev, if youre reading this, first, thanks for these great extensions :), second, please add the option to assigh more keyboard shortcuts, like the one i mentioned above.. Thanks for your time!
- (2020-10-01) mason *****: awesome so awesome i want more like more more
- (2020-01-27) Woot Woot!!
- (2019-12-19) parelle: I love this extension, but I can't download the Google version of Black Menu, it keeps telling me, " Package is invalid. Details: 'Name of a key "cj_i18n_#####" is invalid. Only ASCII [a-z], [A-Z], [0-9] and "_" are allowed.'. "
- (2019-10-29) Jozef Ševčík: Perfect, but please, the extension does not work if the extension Wikiwand is installed. Could you solve this? Thank you.
- (2019-07-06) Michael Murat: Amazing!!!!
- (2018-05-26) Aiva Light: Excellent!
- (2017-09-14) Lorenzo Mazza: Very useful extension but almost all options (such as "settings", "login", "edit history", "desktop"...) don't work. It would be nice if the search bar would be selected as soon as the popup is opened (instead of having to select it manually before starting to write). Sometimes it loads slowly.
- (2017-09-13) Peng Jiang: 很好的扩展，可以快速使用Wiki的 不同部分。
- (2017-03-26) TheSoggiestWanker: Great extension, works as claimed.
- (2016-07-15) Tenzin T.: Super easy und brauchbar!
- (2015-11-14) J Coleman: Something else from Carlos that is so good looking and useful that I feel guilty not paying for it.
- (2015-08-09) LX FENIX: As of the most recent update (7-24-15) its fantastic. Faster than previous versions, and the ability to view in its own window and open the same article in a new tab is an awesome feature to have. One of my favorite extensions on chrome.
- (2015-05-25) Elviro Ramos: Me gusta laaplicación
- (2015-05-11) Mr Gordo: i love black google so i thought i'd try this. Unfortunately the very first page is a mess; unreadable actually. tried re-installing, etc.
- (2015-03-08) carlos javier madrid martinez: Monton de Facilidades con Menu Wikipedia.oK
- (2015-02-03) QiLin 8C: As a constant editor of Wikipedia projects, this extension has made editing and browsing easier than ever!
- (2014-11-02) Floie Frazier: First Wiki add-on I've had for a long time that works as it's supposed to.
- (2014-10-25) Lekhraj Prasad: Best saving a lot of time and ultimate extension ever
- (2014-04-18) Munir Mbarouk: Totally perfect for everything you need, Black Google and Black Wikipedia. The only thing I want to say is that it would be cool if you allowed locking for the Wikipedia or Google just in case one is doing a report with Wikipedia as help. It's still excellent and the best app to get on Chrome Web Store. Keep being awesome!
- (2014-02-26) Andrew Cavanaugh: Make more black menus!!!!!!
- (2014-01-18) Pseudo Nymous: Thank you sir!
- (2013-09-23) Thanks alot!!
- (2013-08-29) dennis j: My ESET-NOD security would not allow me to download due to spyware/adware piggybacking on Wiki info
- (2013-08-08) gokhan dirik: More panel! GreaT!
- (2013-07-28) Stephanie May: Beautiful and just perfect! Very easy to use and very time-saving. Thanks for crating this extension! I recommend this to everyone!
- (2013-07-05) Colin G: Cool, now where's the Wiki Leaks tab?
- (2013-07-03) Darrin Gustafson: Beautiful extension. Makes research much closer at hand; a wikimedia wonder worker.
- (2013-07-02) James Walker: Open as Chrome Panel option please
- (2014-11-08, v:1.2.2) Quality Fail!
Woah... After using, and LOVING Black Menu for Google, I was expecting the same level of quality and design in the Black Menu for wikipedia. Unfortunately, I think this one slipped past quality control. When I search, I can type text and hit enter, but the text does not show up as I type. All the icons are the wrong size, AND I cannot open the menu on left side. (the three lines next to the W icon next to the search bar from left to right.) It also loads VERY SLOWLY! It looks like my screen size is simply not supported. Bad. Very Bad.
- (2013-08-15, v:1.1) Elisha Ben Meir: רוצה וויקיפדיה אנגלית
למה black menu שולח אותי אוטומטית לוויקיפדיה עברית? בשבילי הדף העברי הוא בשימוש לעתים רחוקות ואני יודע לנווט אליו לבד. אני מציע שתאפשרו למשתמש להגדיר באיזו שפה יהיה הדף הראשי שאליו הוא ישלח ברגע שיקליק ב BM אלישע ב"מ
- (2013-07-01, v:1.0) Ian Glendinning: Can I create entries?
They won't by any means be the most detailed or even prettiest entries but I usually get inside knowledge on internet drugs/legal highs/reasearch chemicals much earlier than many it so seems. Wikipedia is usually a first line of learning for someone ingesting an RC and I think I can (extensively possibly) submit information that's not well known or debunk myths going around about new compounds.... Basically, I'd like to help! Thanks Ian [email protected] P.S. just latter 19th century medicine forward is what I understand, really.... so basically from the first time a morphine addict got put on the safe replacement by bayer 'heroin' because it was much safer is around the start of my expertiece with pharmacology and it goes until now with many research chemicals, reagents and even pharmaceuticals (in school for it) Get back to me, thanks!
- (2013-06-30, v:1.0) Alejandro López: Idioma o cambio de lenguaje.
No hay opción para hacer cambio de idiomas o multi lenguaje en el menú.