Blocks desired HTML contents (script, style, image, object, media)
HTML Content Blocker provides an easy UI to quickly block desired HTML contents (JS, CSS, IMG, etc.) on any webpage. To operate, just open the toolbar-popup and click on the desired icon. Some key features: 1. Enables you to block desired HTML contents. 2. Currently there are 5 items available to choose from (script, style, image, object and media) 3. To deactivate a function, simply uncheck the related item from toolbar-panel. 4. Toolbar badge-text, shows the number of blocked items within each page (changing the tab will change the badge number) Note: in order to report bugs, please visit the addon's Homepage (http://mybrowseraddon.com/html-content-blocker.html) and fill the bug report form.
- (2019-10-28) Saeed Daneshi: very good and useful.
- (2019-09-28) J J: DOSEN'T WORK AT ALL. USELESS!
- (2018-11-05) Sam N: It was great for awhile but now videos play even though media blocker is checked.
- (2018-10-17) Richard Remer: Does not work as advertised. It's not blocking anything and the documentation says there are no settings to configure.
- (2018-07-31) Owen Gray: Works excellently, often blocking ads when adblock and similar fail. Also speeds up browser significantly, and reduces memory. Unfortunately, the new whitelist feature does not work very well. You cannot add sites except by adding the current site, which does not work very well: When you click "add to whitelist" it uses the window you first opened in this browsing session, not the website open in the current window. This can make it extremely hard to populate the whitelist.
- (2018-07-08) multipletechnologies: Finally updated with a whitelist, making this the #1 best option for blocking content available. Thank you dev for implementing what was requested by so many.
- (2018-06-30) Giving 4 stars, as it does block the annoying autoplay videos that constantly pop up on the net these days and make your CPU whine like a pig. Agree with others that we need a whitelist to play videos on those sites without having to go into the settings and turn on/off.
- (2018-03-24) Muhammad bin Yusrat: I was completely fed up of stumbling upon 'Forbes' pages which automatically being playing videos that I did not want to load because I am almost always on a metered connection. This plugin solved my issue!
- (2017-12-28) James Kubczak: Dumping entirely too much information on a web page suddenly seems like the latest thing to do. the latest trend. etc. etc. Less is more. This extension allows you to cut through the obnoxious clutter which is destroying the web
- (2017-12-21) win teer: Does a good jobs and speeds up pages with annoying Ad- and media content (in some cases it renders those pages from being ususuable at all) BUT you have to alter settings manually for each page. This addon would be much more useful if it remembers the settings for each page or whole domains.
- (2017-11-25) Willy Werton: Как раз для экономии трафика при необходимости. Пусть появится возможность вписывать сайты на которых плагин не должен будет работать.
- (2017-11-21) Samuel Chen: yes, great app. I concur with others on ability to add sites to "white" or "black" list.
- (2017-09-13) Jason Lorenz: Works as advertised. Would be 5 stars if I could whitelist sites.
- (2017-09-06) Eden Mui: Fantastic app, had been looking for this for ages!!! Was wondering for videos, whether it is possible to load a thumbnail while blocking the video itself from loading?
- (2017-09-03) Hossein Gharibi: Fantastic. It would be great if it had an "exceptions" option.
- (2017-08-28) David Adel: Perfect
- (2017-07-03) じょいすじょん: Does not do anything
- (2017-06-16) Chris T: ah, blessed silence when opening huffingtonpost.com, etc. Still figuring out best way to use with youtube, but seems manageable.
- (2017-05-23) Robert Yerkes: awesome worked great blocking auto play videos. white list would awesome. also sometimes the media button becomes unclickable. when clicked it actually clicks the object button.
- (2017-04-26) J. Smith: Like the other two, doesn't work in chrome. STILL plays blasting videos and audio on weather pages. Yanking this worthless extension.
- (2017-04-21) Jason Burke: It is the only add-on I foundthat would stop videos automatically playing on sites. I do wish it had a blacklist option so I could then choose which sites it would work on. Most sites are fine there are only a few that autoplay videos.
- (2017-04-10) Art Archer: thank you sir and may i say that is the true video blocker extension on the whole chrome store if may we ask you to add the ability to right click on the video and make it play when we want we wait for more extensions from you
- (2017-03-09) Игорь В: Отличное расширение, но сделайте пожалуйста белый список