Helps you hide ads, avoid tracking, load pages faster, fight procrastination
Domain Blocker is written to be as efficient as possible, in terms of speed (CPU) and memory (RAM). The main idea is that there's little meaning to use predefined blocklist consisting of tens of thousands rules when you'll ever use only small percentage of it. In Domain Blocker you build the blocklist as you go along. 🚀 Hide ads ⭐️ by blocking advertisement domains you disable the display of some of those pervasive ads 🚀 Avoid tracking ⭐️ by blocking tracking domains you prevent the services to acquire information about your browsing behaviour 🚀 Load pages faster ⭐️ by blocking unnecessary domains (requests) you save traffic and make pages loading faster! 🚀 Fight procrastination ⭐️ just keep facebook.com out of the Whitelist and... do more! 🚀 Permissions explained ⭐️ "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit": to be able to intercept HTTP request before they leave your browser Completely free and with no ads Made with ♥ by Peta Sittek
- (2021-01-17) Judy Johnson: Simple. Copied a list of sites I want blocked, pasted it into the extension, and those sites are blocked. No limits on number of sites blocked, like BlockSite has (they limit you to just 6 in the free version!) Thanks Peta Sittek!
- (2021-01-10) Julián Soto: I use this extension to block G Analytics (Big Brother), and it works!
- (2020-12-23) M M: The simple machine and UI are great. However, it is very annoying that the tabs of blocked URLs are still open. I would like it to close it automatically!!!!
- (2020-10-10) David Invenio: As a fellow software engineer with 36yrs, most of which developing commercial applications, I have to say VERY NICELY DONE Sir - and THANK YOU for sharing your work and your talent with the world (for FREE). I VERY rarely give feedback, as I very rarely have much nice to say about most software out these days. And I was hesitant to use this extension, and have only 1 other that I use (uBlock Origin). But I am VERY happy I tried it out - it works EXACTLY as claimed, and PERFECTLY thus far which I expect will continue to do so. The UI is minimal, as it should be. Not overly complex, makes sense, easy to use. I could not ask for more. Andd I also very rarely recommend apps to friends and colleagues, but I have been recommending your app. So again - WELL DONE, very nice app, and THANK YOU again. Best Regards (from an old curmudgeon of a programmer!)
- (2020-09-15) Jon Chiappetta: Thank you for making this extension, I was able to use wildcards to block a ton of facebook related sub domains in Chrome!
- (2020-09-06) Allan Wilson: Thank you!
- (2020-09-06) alireza qaderi: Perfect!!
- (2020-03-16) Jose bouza prieto: PEPE
- (2019-09-19) Dane Chan: some domain like clean apple.com-clean-mac.site are very annoying. its good to block all of them
- (2019-03-02) Alexander Schikora: Don't waste your time on this one. Not working at all, instead of a proper red X you get blue asterix with obscure messages and it's not blocking the domain at all. Click to block also has no functionality, the domain stays checked in green... pointless extensions like so many others.
- (2019-02-19) Shubhashish Dixit: Perfect stuff, expecting login based storage so that whenever you migrate system you need not to type again.
- (2019-01-02) Vishnu Mohanan: The best domain blocker extension I've ever used. The interface is very friendly. Thank you for this.
- (2018-10-28) Makis Log: I am on my yahoo mail and there still is an ad on the top of my mailing list. Same thing with quora. The idea of domain blocker sounds good, but I am not sure it blocks everything (or I might not know how to make it work better)
- (2018-08-17) Mustang: This extension doesn't let you exclude specific subdomain from the block list if you blocked all subdomains with wildcard. Let's say you've blocked *.domain.com, now you want special.domain.com to be allowed - you can't do that. Also it has no export option to backup everything, you have to do it manually. And finally you cannot use specific path to block request. I see it's called 'domain blocker' but nevertheless it's a highly desirable feature. The only good thing about this extenstion is that it shows not every but most of the loaded domains on the page so you don't have to search them manually in devtools.
- (2018-08-01) olly love: Works like a charm!!.. I recommend this extension to anyone to replace adblock and similar, take your time to look into all the domains you wish to block and you're done!!.. and whenever you see a content you don't like, just copy the address link where it comes from and add it to the block list, it's easy!!.. thank you so much, Peta, great job!!
- (2018-03-08) Krzysztof Suwała: Bardzo przydatne! Blokuje całe strony, nie tylko wybrane reklamy, co jest szczególnie istotne przy irytujących stronach wczytywanych wraz ze stroną którą oglądamy. Zablokowałem namolne ankiety gemiusa!
- (2018-01-20) Puts them on lock, without having to break all your other browsers with a systemwide smackdown. LOVE this extension. Easy to use, and makes up for all the lazy I have not wanting to learn more code. xd. Excellent helper, I tell all my friends :) # Performance booster, big time!
- (2017-11-24) WF: It's working well!
- (2017-11-16) Dave Piscitello: The wildcard feature is not delegation sensitive. For example, if you add *.link with the intention of blocking the top level domain, link, you will block not only the LINK TLD but pages that contain the keyword link, e.g., www.linkdin.com
- (2017-11-13) Svyatoslav Ischenko: It blocks the ads by domain.
- (2017-11-07) Szymon Sak: Very good :) Easier to block full domain than on other extensions. Thank you! :)
- (2017-10-25) Kyle Lamothe: Best blocker extension on the store. Super useful, powerful, and easy to use. Frequent updates and lately tons of optimization.
- (2017-10-22) Ilija Subanovic: Works great and it is easy to use. Supports regexp which is great.
- (2017-09-27) Marko Lange: Does exactly what it is supposed to do. Love the possibility to use wildcards. Replaced my adblocker and solved some problems with certain sites. Thanks for this useful tool.
- (2017-09-24) Bread Zessinthal: nice extension to block TLDs
- (2017-08-27) Lumehr: It's amazing, wildcard support makes it even more powerful. *.review *ad* *.xyz *redir* Are just a few domain keywords I had a bunch of problems with and were solved thanks to this extension.
- (2017-07-25) I've had this for a while, and had been hoping for wildcard support for awhile. Then it came! But I only just now realized I could 1. edit the list manually and 2. not only use wildcards to block whole domains but whole TLDs too! i.e. *.bla Wonderful!
- (2017-06-19) Emma: Es muy útil para bloquear publicidad, paginas web molestas y partes de páginas como statics y etc que espían y ponen lento tu navegador. Porfavor agreguen funciones de bloquear con clic derecho. Poner contraseña para evitar desbloqueos. Evitar desinstalación.
- (2017-04-20) Tim Keating: This is really helpful for procrastination. I was able to block facebook, youtube, and all my other distractions so I could focus on my assignment. It's really helpful.
- (2017-03-30) Andy Zhang: I would suggest adding a feature where you can sync the blocked list across different computers. Chrome has API to do this.
- (2017-03-23) Anne Nguyen: Great product. Can admin add the option to auto turn off the tab of blocked sites? Thanks
- (2017-03-16) Ian McAnerin: I use it and like it. The one additional feature I would like to see is the ability to block a domain from my history list. Sometimes spammy sites use a page to do a fast redirect to a different page, or a page pops up that contains malware. In these cases, I really DON'T want to load those pages again just to block them - the reason I want to block them is so I never see them again. What I'd love to see is either the ability to add blocked domains directly from my history, or to be able to copy/paste bad sites from my history into a blacklist. Otherwise, this plugin works great.
- (2017-01-04) Mike Giovinazzo: Great supplement for existing tools. Can easily block entire pages very simply. Absolutely needs subdomain wildcards to be perfect and autoclose blocked domain popups would be a lovely bonus.
- (2021-02-22, v:1.6.2) George Morgan: Whitelist mode or Blacklist mode
Please introduce the option to run either in "Whitelist mode" or "Blacklist mode". Whitelist mode would block all sites that are not on the whitelist.
- (2021-01-21, v:1.6.2) Martin Kocich: Security first
It would be nice to be able to set default option new domains. example new domain that is not in allowed list to be blocked/disabled, until you enable them yourself.
- (2020-09-18, v:1.6.2) jay surya: restrict requests to specific domains on a particular site
Consider adding a feature where we can restrict requests to certain domains on a site. So I can visit a site, but if the site is loading resources from domains I do not want to load, I will be able to restrict the requests.
- (2020-09-17, v:1.6.2) Steve Adey: Is your tool able to stop SPAM, especially regular SPAM
Hello, I hope you are still active????? Can I use your tool to stop SPAM? If so what info do I look for in the SPAM Header? If not can you make a SPAM killer as Gmail is not very effective. I want to stop certain words in the Subject line too. Delete them before getting to SPAM.
- (2020-09-11, v:1.6.2) Paul Spinner: wealthfront.com doesn't work with this extension
the page is not displaying.
- (2020-09-02, v:1.6.2) Paul Spinner: Why is this entry not being blocked?
The source is [email protected] via qvblhgkceudh.cloudapp.azure.com I have in my list h.cloudapp.azure.com and *.org.uk. And it's not being blocked.
- (2020-07-24, v:1.6.2) Suzanne Renfrow: Will this block a domain in Gmail?
Will this block a domain in Gmail? I'm getting bombarded with spam from .compute.amazonaws.com
- (2020-07-10, v:1.6.2) Fabian9799: Specific link blocking
Hey. Do you have any plans in blocking specific websites with the / link on your Domain Blocker extension? For example the rickroll link or something like this.
- (2020-05-13, v:1.6.2) Dean Menier: I want to block the .us domain from my gmail (incoming email). I hope that this note finds you safe, healthy and positive!
Hey Peta, This is Dean from Sunny and warm Florida. Here is what I need help with... I want to block the .us domain from my gmail (incoming email). Im getting 2-400 adult and sex related emails per day. They go to the spam and/or trash boxes, but I want them to be deleted when they are sent to me so that I'm not deleting them throughout the day. I tried looking for instructions on how to do this, but can't find any. Please Help! HAGO! Dean Menier
- (2019-12-04, v:1.6.2) Chadwick Jones: Wildcard Doesn't Work Right
Hey, I love your app. I'm having a problem with the wildcard functionality. I have *.pro blocked, but it also blocks bla.pro.words.andstuff.com but that should only be blocked if I have *.pro* in the list, which I don't
- (2019-10-07, v:1.6.2) Akshay Maldhure: Available for Firefox?
Is this available as an add-on for Firefox?
- (2019-07-04, v:1.6.2) Izaak Bozof: any chance to get this on firefox?
i'm dumping chrome for good due to google's abuse of privacy -- any chance to get this amazing app for firefox?
- (2018-11-19, v:1.6.2) Steven Josephs: Google News Articles will not open
Articles that appear on my Google news page will not open with your domain blocker active. The PC is windows 10 running chrome. When I tried to open the samed articles on my Chromebook the articles opened without any issues?
- (2018-07-31, v:1.6.2) Jeff Griffith: Routes
Unfortunately this won't block routes like the tracking on https://www.facebook.com/tr/* . Would it ever be considered? It's awesome for so many requests. Great job.
- (2018-03-17, v:1.6.2) Kuenley Chiu: block all g00.sfgate.com requests
Can I manually edit the to-be-blocked domain? WWW.sfgate.com is a tricky site that uses subdomains like xyz029349248.g00.sfgate.com but the g00.sfgate.com part is always the same. Yet it rotates the prefix so it generates tons of entries that are cumbersome to select individually. Can I just block all g00.sfgate.com ones somehow?
- (2018-03-11, v:1.6.2) Simon Knight: pause button
I think that this app is fantastic. However, the need to get rid of every setting each weekend, when I indulge myself is slightly annoying. Are there any plans to add a pause button?
- (2018-01-07, v:1.6.2) Jeonghu Tami Lim: Counters
After prolonged use chrome slows down significantly, clearing request counters lightens it back again. Is there some setting where request counters can be turned off?
- (2018-01-04, v:1.6.2) .co
*.co domain include the *.com too
- (2017-10-13, v:1.6.2) sibi go: A VIDEO TO HELP
THIS IS PERFECT .THANK YOU..BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO ADD RULES..I JUST DONT GET IT DONE..CAN YOU SHOW A VIDEO TO HELP PEOPLE LIKE ME ?? THANKS
- (2017-09-28, v:1.6.2) Garrett Fan: how to block .co top level domain?
*.co is blocking .co and .com domains.