Disable YouTube HTML5 player from auto-playing.
Disable Autoplay for YouTube™ is a lite extension that lets you easily stop YouTube videos from auto-playing. Toolbar button serves as ON|OFF switch for this addon. In other words, you can simply click on the toolbar button to enable or disable this addon. The icon will change color accordingly. Green color shows an active state and dark gray color shows a disabled state. Simply add this addon to your browser and start browsing YouTube. With this addon, videos are stopped automatically from playing when you open them. There is an option in the settings page to play or pause videos when a tab is focused or hidden (unfocused). These two options are not active by default. This addon works for all YouTube videos whether they are embedded or not. However, you can disable this feature from the settings page. Note: in order to report bugs, please fill the bug report form in the addon's homepage (http://mybrowseraddon.com/disable-autoplay.html).
- (2019-11-02) Gianmaria Bonici: this works great, finally!
- (2019-10-28) Brian W: As of 10.1.2019 this extension works nearly flawlessly. the video might run for 1-3 seconds, but it's so much better than an autoplaying ad.
- (2019-10-11) S: Only addon that de-facto stop playing background tabs with video from youtube
- (2019-06-30) Лапшинов Вячеслав: Добавьте возможность заблокировать кэширование роликов.
- (2019-03-02) Sourav Soni: not working
- (2018-12-08) Mm To: 10/10
- (2018-11-25) Animation Stories BD: Really working. I love it
- (2018-10-21) Phuong Tran: It works! But can you make it more perfectly by add more option like Stop video at the end? Thanks!
- (2018-09-30) Iwan Revyatskyy: it not working
- (2018-08-12) Дмитрий Нечаев: Не работает
- (2018-08-03) Nils Loewen: doesn't prevent CNN from autoplaying
- (2018-05-23) Ewder Silva: Muito bom, resolveu a questão.
- (2018-04-01) Alexander Antonopoulos: Finally It works!!!
- (2018-03-28) Galahad: Работает,но через раз
- (2018-03-26) John Smith: It does not work.
- (2018-03-19) Nick Albeat: it's working perfect. keep it up!!
- (2018-01-02) Shah: не работает
- (2017-11-27) Renato SDS: Does not work on Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (64-bit)
- (2017-11-27) Trent Isaacson: It stops youtube videos from autoplaying sometimes, but not all the time. I wish it were more consistent. :(
- (2017-11-24) malrepast: Malicious extension, blocked from google.
- (2017-11-21) W PM: Don't work
- (2017-09-01) Lieutenant BaconWaffles: I can open multiple youtube tabs & not have to go in & stop each one. Edit: Latest Youtube update disabled this app. :(
- (2017-08-31) SKCM from Tales of Victoria: Edit: New update actually broke it this time, reinstalling did not fix it. A youtube update broke every autoplay stopping extension I had. This is the only one that works now.
- (2017-08-30) Mohamed Samir: exactly what i was looking for thanks very much
- (2017-08-12) Daniel MacDonald: I hated opening the browser, going to a Youtube tab and the video start automatically. This is the first extension I've tried to fix the issue and it works. So it's staying. Lol