Avoid downloads of files you already have!
Sometimes you might forget that you have already downloaded certain files which creates duplicates in your hard drive. This small and lightweight extension helps you to avoid these duplicate downloads and can even save you some bandwidth. When initiating a download the extension will check if the file already exists. If it does exist, you will be provided with a few options whether you want to download it anyway or open the already existing file. Simple and elegant!
- (2019-11-23) くり: ダウンロードを自動でキャンセルするように設定したい。 この拡張機能はダウンロードを停止するだけ。
- (2019-06-04) Bob t: oh. you deleted my review. thanks for that. this extension -sometimes- works. sometimes it doesn't. it could use extra options, like "have you saved this filename before". also it would be useful to be able to manually point it to folders so it can build a database, at the moment it appears to only monitor downloads while it's installed and active.
- (2019-01-18) gqq nbig: It works great so far. "Have I downloaded it before" doesn't work for me, however this extension works.
- (2018-12-01) Ansu Sherif: It is good
- (2018-09-27) Olli Männistö: Now if only there was a way around that "Allow No More Duplicates to open filename" prompt. You have to hit Open and then OK in another dialog to get that PDF duplicate to open.
- (2018-09-25) eros bontempi: molto utile peccato che individua il duplicato solo attraverso il nome
- (2018-09-25) Budi Kades 08: isthebes
- (2018-04-06) James Hartsell: Prevents Downloads you CLICK, but does not prevent duplicate Downloads that Happen automatically. Example, waiting for an ad to play or a timer to finish and then the download starts on it's own after a while. It will still download duplicates :( if you can figure this out you will have the best no Dupe mod on the market 100%
- (2018-01-23) Beebscalicor -: This is the BEST extension because it will pause your download to tell you it's a duplicate. The message will give you options to open the existing file, cancel the current download, or download it anyway. It's awesome, it saves me from my dup-download issues everyday!
- (2017-11-22) Danny O'Malley: Could there be functionality added to automatically open the original file? Without the need for click every time, possibly a function which could be turned on or off based on preference
- (2017-03-17) Warmuser: Works great, but conflict with the "Download Router" extension.. Please, fix these problem! :)
- (2017-01-09) Asit kumar sahoo: It's not working perfecetly
- (2016-12-26) Kris G: So far the best extension fulfilling it's purpose exactly how i want it. Tried other extensions but those didn'T prevent from saving a duplicate file, this one does and it does alow you to save same file multiple times but for that you have to hit the 'Download anyway' button in the bottom right corner. Very nice!!
- (2016-04-06) Anton Carlsson Tysk: Whoo! no more *filename*(1).file
- (2016-04-05) Andreas Lelli: Works exactly as intended. Great work!
- (2019-10-05, v:1.3) anaswara santhosh: no more duplicates
I have added the extension to my chrome,but still it is not stopping duplicate files. How to enable the extension?
- (2019-07-31, v:1.3) Ralph Parish: photo file downloads from sd card
I download fresh photos from my camera daily and have in the past utilised an Asus Transformer running Android. On this, I can insert my sd card which is retaining previous days photos as well as the new ones and select to paste the total at which point I am given the option of re-inputting all files or just the new ones. This makes for a very quick and easy process. I assumed that your app would enable me to do the same with my Chromebook but it does not appear to work. Can you please advise if this is a fault of my understanding of the app and if so can you offer any suggestions as to how I can obtain such a feature for Chrome ? Kind regards, Ralph Parish
- (2018-10-22, v:1.3) eros bontempi: non funziona
grazie utilissima, sarebbe fantastica se trovasse pure il duplicato visivo. purtroppo non funziona più. help grazie
- (2018-04-13, v:1.3) Jeff Grant: Finding Duplicates already on computer?
Looking for a good program to find duplicates already on my computer and Google Drive....does this do that?
- (2018-01-01, v:1.3) Avishek Das: Keeps crashing/error
only worked the first few times. love the extension. please fix!
- (2016-10-20, v:1.3) Jakob Sennerby: Fixed problem caused by changed API from google.
Google changed their API slightly which caused the extension to crash and caused all downloads to be delayed, this is now fixed. Sorry for that! I also noticed that sometimes files to be downloaded reports a file size of 0 which broke the way the extension looks for duplicates. In those cases the URLs are compared instead. Hope you enjoy the extension otherwise!