Watch YouTube videos on any site in a floating player
NOTE: This extension will not be updated anymore, as Chrome will implement this feature soon (like Safari). We appreciate your support, and we're excited to build other things to share it with everyone. -----HOW TO USE----- * Scroll down to the comment section of a video to see it in action! * Make the VideoNail “follow” you to any tab or page by clicking the VideoNail icon in the YouTube controls section. * Start a VideoNail on any page by right clicking a YouTube video link or by clicking the extension icon and pasting in a video URL. Note: You may need to refresh your browser after installing VideoNail for the first time. -----FEATURES----- * Floating, always on top window that can be resized and re-positioned anywhere on the screen. The window can be minimized or closed at any time. * Supports all video types including playlists and live streams. * Uses the native YouTube player with support for all video controls (volume, playback speed, video quality, full screen, etc.). * Easily start on any site by right clicking a YouTube video or link. * Easily make video stays on whichever tab you navigate to by clicking on the VideoNail icon. * Automatically continues video from where you left off. * No ads, does not require any additional applications to be installed. -----PERMISSIONS----- In order for VideoNail to work, it needs permission to edit the website you’re on and store video metadata so it works on all pages. VideoNail never stores any user data. -----SUPPORT----- VideoNail is an open-sourced project and it is not associated with YouTube or Google in any way, shape, or form. We’d love to hear your feedback - if you find any bugs or have a suggestion, leave a comment in the Support tab! If you’re interested in contributing, check out the repo at https://github.com/pdtran3k6/videoNail. -----KNOWN ISSUES----- * Google released Chrome 66 on Apr 18, 2018 with a new feature that prevents videos from autoplaying - this directly affects VideoNail, and thus you may notice that videos do not autoplay on some sites. We cannot do anything to avoid this behaviour, however, we are optimistic that there will be an option to disable this feature in a future Chrome update. * VideoNail does not work on certain sites that have their server set up to block external content from being loaded (like a YouTube video). This is out of our control, but fortunately so far we have found very few sites that have this problem. Ones we have found are github.com and mail.yahoo.com. On these sites, you will see an error message displayed in the player. * VideoNail does not work with YouTube player in default view - this issue is being worked on. Currently, VideoNail will automatically switch to theater view (cinema view). -----PLANNED FEATURES----- * Allow customization of the player. (default position, header color, size, etc.). -----CHANGELOG----- v.1.0.4 - July 16, 2018 Added screenshot for video following feature. Fixed context menu. v.1.0.3 - May 18, 2018 Fixed CSS issue when displaying videos on certain site. v.1.0.2 - May 5, 2018: Updated short description. v1.0.0 - May 5, 2018: Added feature: video syncs across all tabs. Increased compatibility of sites that VideoNail works on. Fixed bugs. v0.2.8 - Apr 29, 2018: Optimized icons. Fixed bugs. v0.2.7 - Apr 23, 2018: Playlist bug fixes. Removed unnecessary permissions requirement. v0.2.6 - Apr 22, 2018: Added popup when clicking extension icon, close VideoNail window on middle click on header. Bug fixes. v0.2.5 - Apr 20, 2018: Fixed flickering bug introduced by Chrome 66. v0.2.4 - Apr 19, 2018: Minor bug fix. v0.2.3 - Apr 19, 2018: Added ability to start VideoNail by right clicking YouTube videos or links v0.2.2 - Apr 18, 2018: Added VideoNail functionality on all pages. Added feature: re-open videoNail with the same size, position, and with the previous state where users left off. v0.2.1 - Apr 4, 2018: Added border for resizing. Fixed incorrect scrubber position in progress bar. Fixed bug: always show border, lock aspect ratio. Added feature: allow dragging on top of YouTube navbar. v0.2.0 - Mar 25, 2018: Added draggability to the mini player. Utilized a different method to load mini player to improve video load speed, video continuity, and display videos regardless of YouTube other sites rule. v0.1.9 - Feb 8 2018: Horizontally center mini player dynamically. v0.1.8 - Oct 2, 2017: Removed buggy setTimeout calls; mini player only shows up when users scroll. v0.1.7 - Sep 29, 2017: Fixed bug: mini player disappears when opening a video in new tab. v0.1.6 - Sep 27, 2017: Improved boot time of mini player when clicking on a new video. Added feature: mini player won't show up when the video ends. v0.1.5 - Sep 23, 2017: Updated extension for new YouTube UI. Dynamic video's size based on available browser's size. Removed unnecessary white background. v0.1.4 - May 5, 2017: Fixed bugs where the playback speed of the mini player doesn't match up with the playback speed of the main player. v0.1.3 - Mar 19, 2017: Fixed bugs when it un-mutes the mini player even though you've muted the main player before you scroll down. Same thing for when you scroll up. v0.1.2 - Feb 22, 2017: Fixed bugs where a small player appears when you scroll down even though you're on YouTube's home page/subscription page/trending feed page etc. Fixed "invalid package" error in Ubuntu v0.1.1 - Feb 21, 2017: You can now use Adblock with this extension. Enjoy fam :} v0.1.0 Initial release
- (2019-11-02) Erik: Nefunguje
- (2019-10-17) KC Yang: Not working.
- (2019-07-31) me am: Fully working on my Chrome 56. Very good extention
- (2019-07-15) Owl Bird: its completely not working
- (2019-06-11) Jiaze Huang: It's useful.
- (2019-06-08) Gersivan Oliveira: Aqui também "dont work"
- (2019-04-27) Chakri Boon: it works
- (2019-04-05) Doggy Dogg: dont work
- (2019-03-01) Sir PixelBeard: Doesn't Work
- (2019-01-25) Michael Friedman: didn't work
- (2019-01-05) Mya Hammond: Not working! I went onto a youtube video after downloading the extension, but theres no videonnail logo on the video thing.
- (2018-12-08) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche pas
- (2018-11-25) Pedro Coelho: The app presents errors: 1) i can't find the config options - there is no options for customize the app in the chrome's extension manager as said in the description; 2) i can't resize the floating window of the app; 3) the floating window simply don't follow me as i change the tabs; 4) i can't open the floating window in a tab other than the youtube tab - after paste the url, it wont open;
- (2018-10-28) Mr Irshad: NOT WORK
- (2018-09-30) Vladimir the: Not working, go back to Opera
- (2018-09-20) Patryk Bernasiewicz: Doesn't work.
- (2018-08-26) John Appleseed: Extension made my youtube video black and it didn't work
- (2018-08-16) Ashley Hoang: Extension dùng tốt, nhưng hi vọng sẽ có thêm chức năng thay đổi kích thước player.
- (2018-08-12) Das_Unterstrich: Doesn't work at all.
- (2018-07-07) Ervien Edwin: Well, it's work. But, why it doesn't keep appear when i move between tab?
- (2018-07-02) Chris Poole: After some troubleshooting, i got it to work. Unfortunately, this product isn't what i'm looking for.
- (2018-06-17) Suranga Upul: Yeah finally I found it. It works like charm. Thank you very much for share it freely with us.
- (2018-06-14) Magical Msp: It did not go onto any of my other tabs and when I tried it broke on youtube I have no idea what I did wrong but it does not work.
- (2018-06-11) Queen Quanae: IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!
- (2018-06-01) Adam Vandermort: I can confirm it works with both normal + playlist links.
- (2018-08-15, v:1.0.4) Das_Unterstrich: Doesn't work
After I copied the URL in it and pressed Open, nothing happens. I tried it with right-clicking on a link, but still the same problem.
- (2018-07-02, v:1.0.3) Chris Poole: Doesn't work
Nothing happens after I paste the URL and press open.
- (2018-06-04, v:1.0.3) Ashley Hoang: Context menu
Hello, It showed up in context menu before. Now it doesn't. What happened?
- (2018-04-24, v:0.2.7) August Woo: Its a good idea but
its a very good extension and i love it. and the only thing i really wanna say is if you could ajust the size on the video when you scroll down then i think its perfect