Extra Options for Google Calendar
Be more productive with Google Calendar thanks to extra functionality provided by Google Calendar Plus. Recent Changes: Added Calendar selection for "Month Show Busy Dates" Fixed a bug preventing full screen use with GCalPlus Fixed bug where "Add Create Event for Year Previews" ignored the option setting. Fixed a bug with the option "Add Create Event to Year Previews" improved "Show More Events in Month View" to allow full screen mode calendar browsing with this option enabled. Please note: you must return to full-screen mode manually if the page is refreshed with this option set. Removed Alert when tokens are refreshed IMPORTANT: To enable GCalPlus functions after installation, please check the boxes in the pop-out that opens when you click the GCal Plus Icon in the Chrome navigation bar, next to your User Icon, top right. You will also need to reload the page for some settings to take effect, and "authorise" for other options. What can GCalPlus do? Months Show Busy Dates: Authorise GCalPlus and enable "Months Show Busy Dates" to see at a glance on which days have events in the selected calendar. This works in all month previews, not only the year view! Multiple Copy: First click "authorise GCalPlus" in the plugin settings popout and authorise GCalPlus to access to your calendars. When authorised for Google Calendar, GCalPlus adds a new "Multiple Copy..." entry to the Options menu for every event (top right menu in the tile that opens when you click an event). You can copy/duplicate events to the same calendar directly from any view - month, day, week, 4 day, year or schedule; You can copy events to the same date (duplicate the event), copy to a new date, or copy to multiple dates. Please note: repeat series will not be copied entirely, only the selected occurrence of the event will be copied. Please note: your system must use the same TimeZone setting as the Google Calendar for which you are copying events for the best results. More All Day Events: With this option you can display twice as many All Day events in the Weekly and Daily views. Show Titles On Hover: When activated, this option will display a popup of the full event title when you hover over events. Expand Overlapping Week Events: when you hover over timed events in the Week view this options expands the tiles to full width, and brings the event to the front for easier viewing. Show More Events in Month View: with this option you'll get see at least twice as many events per day in the 'Month' view, and the entire page will scroll. For this reason, the option "Use L/R Arrows and Disable Month Scroll" MUST also be enabled. Note: macOS users will not be able to use Google Calendar in Full-Screen mode with this option because it requires a very small window resize to force a redraw of the events.. Use L/R Arrows and Disable Month Scroll: Why not use the usual left and right arrows instead of 'n' and 'p' for the next or previous day/week/month/year? With this setting Google Calendar Plus will also disable annoying month scrolling without affecting other places you actually need to scroll. Hide Event Illustrations: use this to remove the pictures automatically added for events with keywords in the title. Alphabetical All Day Events: All day events used to be grouped by calendar, then were listed alphabetically regardless of which calendar they were in... and now they are grouped by calendar again. Use this option to list all day events alphabetically again. Large Dots, Small Weekday Numbers: This applies several custom styles to Google Calendar - compact day/week column headers and larger coloured bullets for timed events. Colour Timed Events / Timed Bars: These options allow you to change the way timed events are displayed in the Month and Year views. "Colour Timed Events" will set the text title colour to that of the calendar. "Timed Bars" will display timed events in the same way as "All Day" events, except with the time of the event. You can choose between dark and light title text, independently of the main colour scheme you use. These settings are not always applied instantly. Add "Create Event" to Year Previews. Click any day in the Year view to list the events on that day - with this option you'll also see a button labelled "Create Event" which allows you to immediately create a new event on that day. Day Start/End: This option allows you to hide everything before and after specified times. This only applies when the calendar has scrollable content; otherwise more end of day hour slots will be shown to fill the space available. Google Calendar Plus (GCalPlus) is brought to you for free by GCalToolkit, Power Tools for Google Calendar (http://www.gcaltoolkit.com) Please consider purchasing a subscription if you find this software useful!
- (2020-01-01) 泓毅何: Authorization failed.
- (2019-12-21) Steven James: Would love to give this 5 stars, but it is giving the dreaded "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app", therefore it doesn't work. If it gets fixed, please update us. I'd love to try it out. Seems exactly what I'd need when using multiple calendars with a ton of events. But until this is fixed, it isn't useful at all.
- (2019-12-13) Jasper Ruben: I get Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app when trying to authorise.
- (2019-11-29) Héctor Contreras: Is there a way of making the height of the row until is needed, so it will show all events but no extra space? Thanks
- (2019-11-21) Eloisa Bennetts: This app seems like it could be really useful and there has obviously been a lot of work put into it! However, when I try to show more events in month view, it stretches the days out vertically and lets me scroll (which is fine), but then doesn't actually show more than 2 events per day (it just shows "+2 more" like the page without the extension does). Being able to see many events per day in monthly mode is why I downloaded this extension, so this is a major issue for me. I did refresh the page so that may have caused the issue, but I reset it manually and it still isn't working. How could I fix this? I really think this would be a gem of an app if not for this issue.
- (2019-11-06) Mtn Man: Super awesome features! Great work!! Thank you for the amazing extension :)
- (2019-10-21) Zoltán Német: Truly a salvation, Magic Mouse scrolling 3-6 months when barely touching the mouse drove me crazy. Thank you!
- (2019-10-06) David Toussaint: Worked perfectly fine for a while, but now the Multiple Copy function doesn't work for me anymore; it only copies the event for the same day instead of me being able to pick the dates to copy to...
- (2019-09-15) Stéphane Lavergne: Argh, so close yet so far! I was hoping that "Show more all-day events" would expand Google's annoying collapsing of reminders, but alas I still just see a single "X reminders" instead of the actual reminders on days where there's more than one. :-/
- (2019-08-20) Noah Nichols: This is the greatest extension ever created!!! BE PATIENT when first downloading, I kept refreshing my page because it was not working immediately. About 12 minutes later the desktop Google Calendar app was running slow. I refreshed it again and everything was how it should be. You can view all your events without the "+2 more" problem, everything is just there. Each days box/cell is taller. Another great feature is that you can copy any events to multiple days at once. It also pops up in a neat little box & you can choose the days with a calendar design. Without the extension, you have to remember which date, and then choose it from a word list. All around amazing extension did exactly what I wanted it to do couldn't be happier!
- (2019-06-05) Jesse Matthewman: Only thing that I wanted- To be able to see my events in the year view, as most of my events range from the 2 week, to 3 month size, for work scheduling, and this is not possible despite it saying it is in the description. So: only thing I need it for and it doesn't do it. haven't been able to find a way to do this yet.
- (2019-05-23) Katie McGaffigan: I installed hoping that I could print a calendar with lots of "all day" events and have the calendar not end at 2:00 and smash everything into a tiny box at the end... but that didn't work. (Extension never said it would, but I had to try.) I'm having issues with the all day events though. Some times they pop up all condensed at the top of the screen, and other times they 're way stretched out with much more white space than there was before. I've tinkered with the different checkbox options, but I can't get it to be consistently one way or the other. :-/ I DO like that when I have the extension turned on that I don't accidentally reschedule a meeting when I try to open it. That's a HUGE plus when you manage multiple calendars and have a super touchy mouse.
- (2019-04-17) Denise Ackerly ParadiseInPenasco: I really wanted to alphabetize the all-day events when viewing multiple calendars at once. I have 2 vacation rental properties so I'd like to see when each is available. So "Apple St available" or "Apple St booked" would always show above "Banana St available" or "Banana St booked". So in theory it should work and always maintain the #1 and #2 rows at the top of each day. But it winds up overlapping timed events instead of the timed events showing below and actually leaves a blank row. Close, but no cigar. :(
- (2019-04-03) Nikolay Shevchenko: Thank you from the deep of my heart for providing option of hiding unuseful hours!
- (2019-03-28) Having a functional multi-copy for recurring events that don't fit Google Calendar's recurrence formulas has been such a time-saver that I feel compelled to give this extension five stars alone. The developer is very responsive to feedback, as well!
- (2019-03-12) Maurice Kindermann: This extension *almost* makes the Google Yearly view useful, but it still falls short. It will highlight each day red that has an event scheduled, but you can't toggle your calendars to change which days get highlighted, which to me, is what would make that feature useful. For instance, if you have a holidays calendar, and you're trying to see what jobs you have scheduled on another calendar, and anniversaries on a third calendar, you can't discern which is which and it becomes useless for a condensed scheduled job view. It works fairly well, but I would hope Google add some of these features themselves in the future. I guess we'll see.
- (2019-02-14) Sage Arbor: Awesome and saving time. I like the ability to see the whole year calendar shaded with busy days, and click on the day to see events.
- (2019-02-10) I'm trying to use this to see some kind of ANYTHING that makes it obvious in YEAR VIEW that there's an event on a particular day. I'm looking for ANYTHING. I gave the app the permissions but nothing seems to be changed... EDIT: You have to check the box for "Months Show Busy Dates." Wish the day was bolded on top of red because it's still a little difficult to see but I changed my review to 5 stars.
- (2019-02-10) tim floyd: Hi Neil Used this for a while and love it. But recently timed events stopped showing as a coloured bar - and returned to a dot. The only thing I can do now with your extension is change the size of the dot - nothing else works. I tried reinstalling - but with same results. Maybe I'm not reinstalling properly ?
- (2019-02-07) Bert Aquila: Not working for me, nothing happens.
- (2019-02-07) terdallaujar: Does not work properly. I attempted to add an event to 3 upcoming days in a different month. It added the event to the wrong days and only put the event on 2 days. Sure was hoping this would work.
- (2019-01-29) David Porter: Finally you have solved my biggest frustration with Google calendars - not being able to copy an event multiple times without it fitting into a regular recurring pattern! I used to have to do this on my phone using Business Calendar but this is great, thank you!
- (2019-01-20) This doesn't work at all unfortunately. I've authorised the extension and reloaded the page, but not of the options do anything. Looking in the console shows the following error when changing options in this extension "Error in response to storage.get: ReferenceError: $ is not defined"
- (2018-12-25) Jessica: I have ticked and unticked all the required boxes and set the time however nothing is working for me. Could someone please tell me how to get this extension up and running.
- (2018-12-04) Helga Walker: Hi, I have entered the times at the bottom of the box, refreshed my calendar page but it is still not working Pls advise?
- (2020-01-20, v:1.6.9) Sean Shea: disable scrolling on 4-week view?
I appreciate how your extension makes it easier to stay in the right place on my calendar without erratic unintentional scrolling (especially with my Magic Mouse!) in Month view. How about adding that feature for 4-week view (which I prefer to use most of the time)?
- (2020-01-15, v:1.6.9) Jessica A. Li: Hide Select Hours
Is there a way to keep early hours of the morning and hide, for example, 2am-9am? Thank you.
- (2020-01-05, v:1.6.9) Carsten Grimm: Year view of calendar events
Hi there. Is there any way to have a particular calendar displayed in the Year View? I just want some way when I'm in Year View of being able to - at a glance - see what events I have over the year. I don't mind having a dedicated calendar that is the only calendar displayed in year view - anything would help. Thanks!
- (2020-01-05, v:1.6.9) terdallaujar: GCal Plus Problem
Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.
- (2020-01-04, v:1.6.9) Kenji Shermer: Not working on Windows 10 Pro 64bit - Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88
Hi I cannot authorize through Google to use this app. I have no idea why this might be but have followed all instructions and have also uninstalled and re-installed the app. Could you please advise what is happening and how I can fix it? Thank you Kenji
- (2019-12-19, v:1.6.9) Renars Vimba: Can't authorize
Hi, Installed extensin, pressing Google Calendar Plus icon, then button Authorize GCalPlus and... nothing happens! Any sudgestions to solve the problem?
- (2019-12-17, v:1.6.9) Tyler Povanda: Cannot authorize
Excited to use the extension, though I (like others, it looks like) am getting this error message when trying to authorize: "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app This app has not yet been verified by Google in order to use Google Sign in."
- (2019-12-16, v:1.6.9) Mark Lawrence: Cannot authorize
I'd like to use the multiple copy feature so I'm trying to authorize the extension but am getting the following message when I enter my account details: Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app This app has not yet been verified by Google in order to use Google Sign in. Any ideas ? Thanks
- (2019-12-13, v:1.6.9) Chris Frye: GCalPlus logs me log
Appears I have been logged out and have had to log into the extension a few times in the last week. Any thoughts? Very much like the copy feature. thxx Chris
- (2019-12-08, v:1.6.9) Scott Manning: Recurring events icon
Hi, How do I get the circle icon to appear next to the events that have a recurrence set. Google seemed to take that away.
- (2019-11-22, v:1.6.9) Michael Kiely: Print month w/o event boxes/frames
Will your app allow me to print months (for a family calendar) without event frames/boxes? Also, vary the lines in a day box? Thanks. Michael
- (2019-11-20, v:1.6.9) Jennifer Vendemia: Show more events in month view unstable
My events will show up in day view for a bit, but the next time I open chrome it goes back to the default view. I've connected GCalPlus, given permission through chrome, and refreshed.
- (2019-10-14, v:1.6.9) Somar Realty: Highlight feature
Hello, I can't get the calendar to highlight, it only has a dot beside it. Please help, thanks in advance.
- (2019-09-29, v:1.6.9) Lucinda Brown: imac software upgrade, now app crashes
Just had Mac system auto upgrade to 10.14.6. I loved the calendar control before that, hated to lose it. Crashes on restart. I can reactivate it every day, but a nuisance. Also program seemed incompatible with xfinity before but I could just open xfinity in another browser. Any help for restart crash? Thanks.
- (2019-09-25, v:1.6.9) Serena Watson: Disabling Scrolling Didn't work for Me
Any ideas why?
- (2019-09-02, v:1.6.9) Martin Brakke: Multiple Copy Function Copies to wrong Calendar
This extension is excellent for copying recurring events to random days. It populates quickly, and accurately, with one exception: The events seem to copy to random calendars not associated with the original event. I use about 5 calendars regularly and the events get copied to one of those 5. All of the events recur in the same calendar, and sometimes to the correct one, but usually not. This requires that I go back to each of the 100's of events I've created (now at the correct day/time but wrong calendar). Any suggestions?
- (2019-08-30, v:1.6.9) Zhana Morris: All Day Event alphabetizing recognizing times as times in month view?
Not sure this is possible, and by no means a deal breaker as I love just about everything else this is providing, but is there any way for the all-day event alphabetizing function to recognize a time in standard hh:mm am/pm format at the start of a title as a time instead of as text and put those in chronological order ahead of titles that start with a letter of the alphabet? Thanks either way!
- (2019-08-19, v:1.6.9) Paul de Barros: Multiple select / delete
It would be awesome if you could select multiple events at the same time (using ctrl or shift on the keyboard) and then apply the same change to all of them, like altering the event color or deleting them. This app is already great, but that feature would make it even better.
- (2019-08-18, v:1.6.9) Ruth Radwan: No multiple copy on drop-down menu
Hi - I looked at your interaction on Oct 21st: I have the same problem. I used this feature for 10 months last year and now the option has disappeared from the "Options" button in an event preview. I have reinstalled the add-on, refreshed etc. but no luck... Multiple Copy Feature Does Not Appear In Drop Down Menu All of the features in the drop down menu are present except for the Multiple Copy features. How can I enable this feature? I have authorised the extension to my google account/calendar. Thanks in advance for your help, cheers. Posted by A Google User - Oct 15 Reply | Hi, the Multiple Copy option should appear as an additional option in the menu that opens when you click the "Options" button in an event preview (three little dots, top right). It's the same menu you'd open to "Copy" an event using the built in copy function. Posted by Neil Gerstenberg - Oct 21
- (2019-08-12, v:1.6.5) Paul de Barros: Pop Out of Maximized Window Problem
This issue has returned. See the previous thread with this subject for more details.