Split your screen and stream multiple tabs at once to your Chromecast Device
Real Split Screen in one window! Now it's possible and it's super easy. The biggest advantage of SplitCast is that it allows you to stream multiple websites to your TV via Chromecast. Add, remove, resize, re-order, make a full screen, change automatically after X seconds - everything that and more in one tab. CHANGELOG Update v1.27 (20.10.2019) - added possibility to set a custom name for each site (new field in Add/Edit modal) Update v1.26 (20.09.2019) - fixed the problem with tab selector not working - improved the youtube link recognizer mechanism Update v1.25 (13.09.2019) - bug fixes 12.09.19 v1.24 - bug fixes and visual improvements 11.09.19 v1.23 - added 4-row layout - added possibility to edit the URL - moved the auto-change feature of the fullscreen mode into a popup - visual changes and fixes, reorganized bottom icons 27.02.18 v1.22 - added a possibility to change the layout - now you can organize your websites in 1, 2 or 3 rows 29.11.17 v1.21 - fixed a v1.20 bug with saving configuration (might clear your config once) - layout fixes 28.11.17 v1.20 - added an option to minimize the side panel - added an option to change the background color - added a drag&drop sorting feature - moved the logo to side panel and made it smaller - changed the behaviour of "Resize" option - all screens are in one line now - minor layout fixes and improvements Enjoy! 17.07.17 - Minor fix for performance 30.05.17 - Added an option to navigate through the screens while on fullscreen mode. =================== The main advantage of SplitCast is the ability to display two or more websites in just one tab. Do you have a Google ChromeCast streaming device? From now on, your experience of streaming will jump even higher. The idea is simple. You click the big "Add button", paste an URL and voila - it shows up on the left side. You add another one, it shows up next to it... You are able to resize each window, hide it, delete it. You also have the option to resize the whole area to fit your TV screen. Don't worry if you accidentally close your browser - SplitCast will remember all of your settings. Found any bugs? Got questions, suggestions? Visit the website http://splitcast.ovh SplitCast is free for download. Attention. The app is powered with iFrame technology, which unfortunately is limited. You will notice it sooner or later, some sites may have restrictions about framing, some might just not work at all.
- (2020-07-30) Michael Oles: Worked even better than I expected! Perfect for streaming multiple sports games at once to a large TV. Super easy to use and has every feature you could need - Thank You!
- (2019-10-25) Roger Ferrari: Is that possible to add suport for local files?
- (2019-10-16) jon martin grafil: When using url https://app.powerbi.com/home that is already signed in, it keeps on loading. Works fine with different websites.
- (2019-07-05) Julien Bellorgey: This extension is so helpful to me - A big thanks to the development team! I use it to monitor KPI's from different sources, all in one place on a large monitor hooked up on a wall. 2 suggestions for improvement: - Ability to have more than 1 splitcast "meta screen" (for multi-monitor use) - I can see this feasible on the UI side by adding a way to regroup the URLs and then select which SplitCast screen you want to display. - Ability to "lock" each URL screen to a specific scroll level (vertical & horizontal) in order to allow the display of a specific part of the page and keep it steady upon page refresh. but it is already an excellent product as is - Thanks!
- (2019-06-07) Btree Code Academy: Thanks. I wish you can open source this so that the community can build on top of it.
- (2019-05-10) Karanime Nielsen: An absolute life saver, but could be better. If you navigate to another page inside one of the split tabs, it will go back to the original page if the extension is refreshed. There is no way to open the URL of a tab to see, copy, or edit it, so you have to copy link addresses and paste them into new split tabs manually to preserve the URLs. A bit annoying, but it's 100% worth it to have this functionality.
- (2018-11-18) Perdeu qualidade com as atualizações do google chrome. Era muito útil quando podia colocar links de pdf para trabalhar com múltiplas telas.
- (2018-03-16) Luke Graybill: This extension is way nicer than I expected it to be! Well done - it does exactly what I needed.
- (2017-12-15) Bradford Stricklin: Allows casting multiple tabs at once to a Chromecast. Easy solution to what shouldn't even be a problem.
- (2017-11-13) dronem10: Doesn't work for twitch
- (2017-09-05) Николай M: Идея крутая! Но хотелось бы ещё и скрывать панель сбоку.
- (2017-04-16) Tadija B: Is it possible to have real full screen, without white border? Or at least to have the border be black? I was able to have a setup where I had 2 Youtube tabs running at the same time - one as audio source and other as video source - but the video looks ugly with the border. Cool Chromecast trick tho!
- (2019-11-25, v:1.27) VMI VMI: Improvments
I would love to see the option to do columns as well as rows, so vertical split. I would also like to see the option to have each website that is added to the "auto Change" given the option to change their show times for each website. Instead of 10 seconds for each, perhaps 30 for one screen etc.
- (2019-07-19, v:1.22) Eli Heina Dadabhoy: Spotify and Google Play Music
Neither seem to work with this.
- (2019-03-13, v:1.22) Update when Casting
Hi, I love this extension! I use it to cast via chrome to a TV in my CEO's office. One problem we have is it doesn't automatically update. I have to stop casting and then start again. Any suggestions?
- (2019-01-18, v:1.22) Manny: Dotted border on computer screen?
Hello, I use your amazing app mostly just to have fullscreen splitscreen. So even with the black background, there's always white-black dotted lines around both my tabs. Any way to make that dotted border fade after a while or allow it to be colored so the black could cover it? I'd be willing to pay you guys for this (not a lot, I'm a poor student, but something reasonable?) Please let me know, thank you so much for making this!
- (2018-09-20, v:1.22) Angela Gant: Saving Layouts
Is it possible to save the layout with the websites I've selected? I would like to be set so that each time I open my browser and select my bookmark SplitCast will load the sites as I have saved them.
- (2018-09-05, v:1.22) Anders Asplund: Feature requests
Hello, I really like this plugin and I use it for a totally different purpose then you suggest on your extension page (http://splitcast.ovh/). Recently I started looking on stocks and it's very convenient to be able to place multiple graphs in one tab that I am interested in (I use https://www.marketwatch.com to do that). However, I would like to to split it up even more, ie like 10 windows or something. Unfortunately the minimum size (tiny) will not allow it. The smallest size will only allow a maximum of 8 windows when you split it up in 2 rows, and 3 rows will hide the actual graph on marketwatch. It would be really nice if there were some more flexibility when deciding the width of the window then the 4 selectable ones, perhaps a variable one would be nice? I also tried to open another splitcast tab, but it seems it can only handle one instance, because it only duped the first tab I had. I could modify the new tab, but as soon as I closed chrome, one of the setups was lost when I started chrome again. Last thing I think is missing, is the possibility to either change or copy the URL from an already created window. Maybe that's possible, but I have not found a way I can do it thou. I often find that I want to investigate a specific stock in it's own full tab when something is happening with that stock, but then I have to write the entire URL again from scratch. Also, is there any chance that you could place the source for this plugin on ie github? I think it might have lots of potential for further development and placing it on github might speed up the development and include ideas from more people.
- (2018-07-09, v:1.22) Eduardo Ibrahim: Access to portal.azure.com
I'm getting many errors in console trying to access portal.azure.com. Anyway to access it using your extension? Nice work btw ;)
- (2018-05-21, v:1.22) LYLE STILLWATER: MONITOR
I NEED SOMETHING TO USE 2 MONITORS DUAL SCREENS WHAT APP WILL WORK
- (2018-01-25, v:1.21) Landsil: auto refresh
Hi, would you consider incorporating auto refresh option? Possible separate one for every website added? Eg. window one will refresh every 5min, win2 every 30s. Again every useful fro showing live statistics.
- (2018-01-25, v:1.21) Landsil: Different space dividers
Hi, very useful ext. I think it would be great to have an option to change it from bars giving me vertical websites to squares giving me just 4 small windows with correct sizing. That would help with casting 4 statistics screens.