An alternative implementation of the tinyMCE WYSIWYG editor for the Evernote web client.
AlterNote Editor offers tools missing from Evernote's web client. These include— 1. viewing and editing HTML block elements and source code 2. one-click addition of missing parent tags 3. inserting footnotes/sidenotes 4. creating local backup copies 5. editing image properties, including rotation 6. customizing table and list formats 7. collapsing nested lists 8. inserting current date and time 9. changing case of selected text 10. first-line indenting with tab key 11. adding quick links to other notes | Usage | Login to your account from the Evernote web client and select the note you wish to edit. You open that note in an editor by clicking on AlterNote's icon in the browser's toolbar or, when not in edit mode, in the context menu accessed from the note's text area. You can create a new note, as well as a copy of the opened note, by selecting the applicable command in the editor's File menu. You can specify the editor's default dimensions and base font/colors in the Options page. You open links by double-clicking them. You must save any changes you make to a note in order to keep them. Closing the editor before saving will result in the loss of your unsaved changes. When you save a note, that note is uploaded to Evernote's servers and saved there as the latest version. You can view your saved changes back in the Evernote web client by re-selecting the note, or by refreshing the browser. You may have to clear your browser's cache. You can also view saved changes in other Evernote clients after syncing those clients. AlterNote stops running in your browser's background when you don't have any editors open, thus freeing up your system's memory.
- (2019-09-07) Eduardo Pontes: I doesn't work more.
- (2018-09-14) Haijun Peng: 用了不支持印象笔记，要登录国际版才行
- (2018-08-19) Kevin Branson: I am stingy with extensions. Only those that are really helpful or necessary are installed on my Chromebooks, and even then, I toggle them off when they are not absolutely necessary all of the time. AlterNote Editor is THE most important extension that I have ever enabled now that I try to rely on Chromebooks instead of Windows. Evernote is a vital part of my personal and professional life. The Evernote web app is excellent, but is does not duplicate the Evernote desktop experience in Windows. Although 3rd party Evernote apps exist for Linux (which I can now run on my Chromebooks), now that I have found AlterNote Editor I don't need to rely on those Linux Evernote replacements. This extension is powerful and it is the final piece that I needed to make my Chromebooks the perfect devices for productivity at any level. You have made an elegant extension for Evernote users who do not want to be tied to Windows or Mac. Thank you, Sir!
- (2018-07-20) Yanyan su: evernote has another domain name called yinxiang.com ,it's for chinese version.could you pls add this domain to your support list?
- (2018-05-06) Balakrishnan Srinivasan: Now I can use Evernote on Linux.
- (2018-01-24) 明现崔: very useful addon to change the text style of evernote. the most interesting feature is the format tools.
- (2018-01-07) Emerald Green: 无法连接中国版Evernote
- (2017-10-23) Eszméletlen jó!
- (2017-09-11) Kipkemoi Kiptum: It is useful when working with Evernote on the chrome browser. It has _MANY_ more options than using the default editors and the result is more options to annotate notes. I recommend it highly It is still awesome. Greatful that it is still being managed.
- (2017-08-26) The greatest thing since sliced bread.
- (2017-07-25) Clint Walker: What Evernote should be. Would be willing to pay for a native windows / linux client
- (2016-09-22) Jeff Larsen: Nice work on this extension! Thank you, it's saving me a ton of time formatting notes that I need to present!
- (2016-05-22) Nathan Clements: I have lost several notes in this editor. I write in it, and close out of it, and the note in Evernote never updates, even after reloading Evernote. I even explicitly save the note in Alternote before closing it out. This extension had eaten so many of my notes, I have gotten more frustrated with it than any other Evernote client.
- (2016-04-29) Damon Tian: 可否支持“印象笔记”？谢谢啦！could you support the "yinxiang.com"? thanks!!
- (2016-04-07) Vitaly Zdanevich: Much faster than official Evernote client, but please add optional dark theme for working at night.
- (2016-03-24) William Larson: Love this extension. Thanks to the developer for making this available.
- (2015-08-22) Daniel Hartzheim: Finally a solution for adding footnotes/endnotes to Evernote! Dear developer, please fix an issue I describe at the end of this video: https://youtu.be/4pz3mt9uSR8 Footnotes need the ability to be cut/pasted or dragged elsewhere in the document. One other bug I found on Mac. Chrome is in fullscreen mode. I select an Evernote note from the Evernote web app. I press the AlterNote Editor button to launch a new fullscreen window, but it ends up crashing EVERYTHING! Crazy. Crashes and relaunches not only Chrome, but Finder, and every open app including apps running in the menubar. The entire menubar has to relaunch including date/time, etc. I'm running Mavericks. Thanks!
- (2015-07-29) D: Way better than Evernote's Web editor. They should hire this guy.
- (2015-07-06) Dave Malby: Awesome!!
- (2015-05-04) Mark Sadler: The missing editor for evernote. This editor shows evernote how it should be done. It's great for taking control of notes and getting them look as you want. It has powerful features to provide consistent style, layout tables as you want and control images. If you have evernote you need this.
- (2015-01-22) Luciano Murta: Much better editor than Evernote's!
- (2014-05-22) Jose M Fernandez R: Good app, only need the capability to open previous notes created in evernote, to add or edit content
- (2013-12-19) Bill Adler: I rarely write reviews, but AlterNote is a must for Evernote users. It makes creating attractive, readable notes in Evernote a snap.
- (2013-10-19) Kevin Mullet: I can probably count on one hand, out of the thousands of Android products I've used and either embraced or discarded, how many I've given five stars to. AlterNote Editor is becoming more and more intertwined with all my workflows every day I'm a system engineer by day and student by night, and (like most other students) I HATE the dysfunctional editor in Blackboard LMS. I now edit in AlterNote exclusively, periodically save it to an Evernote Folder, then pull the html source out of AlerNote and paste it into BlackBoard. Easy-Peasy! I just want to ask one thing. PLEASE add an option for auto-save. Having to periodically press ^S seems so much like an application from antiquity. Otherwise, Bravo on an app well done.
- (2019-09-30, v:7.2.1) James Ramsay: Login Error
Thanks for the plugin it works great and speed up my template making! FYI - each time I open Chrome I get: Error: You need to log into your Evernote web account I can close it each time but it should not need me to be logged in each time I open Chrome. Thanks.
- (2019-07-14, v:6.09) Juergen Schubert: Attribute "data-resource-guid" must be declared for element type "div".
Open a note edited it and try to save it thows an error like: The operation failed because Evernote's servers detected an error with: Attribute "data-resource-guid" must be declared for element type "div".
- (2019-03-02, v:6.07) thx for great extension! and question: any shortcut for bullet/numbered list?
Hi! I'm really thankful for your great app, really make the evernote experience smoother and save lots of memory! just one question, any shortcut for bullet/numbered list? I tried google a lot but still can not find it. With thanks,
- (2018-06-26, v:6.04) Zhiding: Pasting Html Table
Hi, I went to this website http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat And copy the entire table with a header row, and 3 body rows. But when I paste into this editor, the background color of the cells seem missing, albeit the tabular structure is there. But when I paste into the evernote native editor, the pasting is perfect.
- (2018-06-26, v:6.04) Zhiding: Format Painter
Hi, I love your plugin, but it is missing one tool that many evernote users are wishing for - Format Painter. Truly wish that this can be included. Thanks!
- (2018-04-05, v:6.03) GenealogyEngland -: TAGS
CTRL-SHIFT-T brings up the tags list in the editor, is there any way to select a tag and then delete it, I can add tags but can't find a way to remove one. Thank you.
- (2017-11-07, v:5.13.24) Bart Blair: Unable to add note
EDAMSystemException: DuplicateNoteLimiter What is this? I uninstalled and reinstalled the extension but it keeps occuring.
- (2017-09-11, v:5.13.19) Kipkemoi Kiptum: Thanks for the app
It is awesome. Do you support it continously? Is it the same as the alternoteapp on the Mac? Again - it is awesome - just slight nags on how to use the notes but most of those go away when you follow a different sequence - or edit the HTML.
- (2017-08-19, v:5.13.17) Icon Color Change
A jet black icon against an small equally black shelf (taskbar) on the Chrome OS makes near invisible.
- (2017-07-16, v:5.13.17) Lbscribe: Can we turn off toolbar display?
First, thanks for a truly elegant, useful app! Second, is it possible to turn OFF the toolbars that occupy significant real estate at the top? For my taste, the menu dropdowns are more than sufficient. Please let me know... and thanks again for your great work!