Automatically changes HTTP protocol to HTTPS, and if loading encounters error, reverts it back to HTTP.
Smart HTTPS is an extension that helps you always use the secure HTTPS protocol if it is supported by the site's server. It automatically changes the HTTP protocol to the secure HTTPS, and if loading errors occur, the extension will revert to the original HTTP protocol. Key features a. Automatically change all HTTP requests to the secure HTTPS. b. All websites (addresses) that do not support HTTPS are remembered to speed up the protocol-check process. Note that you can see and delete these items from the extension's Options page. c. The toolbar button serves as the extension's ON|OFF switch. Blue indicates ON and Gray is OFF. d. Add desired websites to the whitelist (see Options page). Note: to report bugs, please visit the extension homepage (https://mybrowseraddon.com/smart-https.html) and find the bug report form.
- (2022-08-19) Nocturnal Owl Digitalist: I liked this as HTTPS Everywhere alternative but if we have enabled HTTPS in browser and added this addon or added this addon but not enabled HTTPS in browser, then there is no alert like HTTPS Everywhere that site is HTTP and will be upgraded by this addon to HTTPS. I wonder it works or not. I use chrome and opera but never seen it work or show itself working. If dev is updating this addon then show us when we are accessing HTTP site that this addon is upgrading it to HTTPS site. Until then it will be 2 stars.
- (2022-05-14) zTails Privacy: super
- (2019-07-03) Lecoin Names: works great!
- (2019-04-29) Tom Morris: latest update is corrupt and fails to enable and work properly
- (2019-03-30) Ovidiu: Despite being abandoned , this extension does the job in a much more reasonable manner than HTTPS Everywhere , without being a resource hog.
- (2018-12-19) Michael Kharitonov: Good idea, unfortunately this extension is buggy and abandoned. P.S. Rules disappearing and sometimes not working when open multiple tabs in a row!
- (2018-08-13) Gianluca Recchia: It's a much more reasonable solution than what HTTPS Everywhere does, which is rely on a crowd-sourced list of https-enabled websites. Smart HTTPS will always try to connect over https first and if there is an https version of the site, it'll switch you over; if there's not, it'll fall back to plain http. It's one of those extensions that you install once and forget it's there. It's worth mentioning that some websites may break - although it's never happened to me in two months since I started using it - because they might have an https version but it may be under development or not fully-functional. That's not a problem as you can blacklist websites and always load them over plain http. As an additional benefit, it takes up a quarter of the memory used by HTTPS Everywhere.
- (2018-04-12) NULL: Nice.
- (2018-02-09) Tiana Lemesle (KaKi87): Alors que les sites compatibles passent automatiquement en HTTPS, le CSS reste en HTTP, donc ne charge pas.
- (2018-01-09) Tomáš Jelínek: Just perfect, easy to use.
- (2017-10-28) Adelina Cano: mybe this is great for preventing traker phishing on http in https sites
- (2017-10-10) JON Cunningham: NICE & Easy on system resources as well. This is the best of the best!
- (2017-10-09) John L. Reed: Great.THANK YOU!
- (2017-09-15) patience pays: what happened to you guys ..suddenly couldnt find you in chrome store????