Extension to copy selected text as plain text. Also option to Append as plain text. Keeps carriage returns and line feeds.
Copy as Plain Text Extension to copy selected text as plain text. Also option to Append as plain text. Keeps carriage returns and line feeds. INSTRUCTIONS Select text in a page and then right click and click "Copy as Plain Text..." or use the button in the extension popup. NOTE: If you do not see the extension icon on the Chrome toolbar then click on the "Extensions" icon that looks like a jigsaw puzzle piece on the Chrome toolbar. Look for ⧉"Copy as Plain Text" extension and then click on the pin icon 📌 next to it. IN-APP PURCHASE OPTIONS * Use shortcut key ALT+C (or OPTION+C on Mac Keyboard) to "Copy as Plain Text..." * Works in Google Docs by using the "Copy as Plain Text..." button in the extension popup. * Append as Plain Text... (ALT+A) * Clipboard Viewer * Convert Clipboard to Plain Text * Replace smart quotes (curly quotes), apostrophes, ellipses and dashes with text equivalent. Append as Plain Text options include separating each append with any characters of your choice such as space, line feed or comma. This makes it easy to paste multiple plain text copies into Word, Excel or other application. HISTORY 8/8/2022 - Version 1.0.3 + Updated to Manifest V3 + Now works with the Chrome Web Store and special chrome:// pages, however it will not get linefeeds and the user has to use the right-click context menu > Copy as Plain Text... It will not work with a keyboard shortcut or the button in the popup. 10/11/2021 - Version 1.0.2 + Now works with PDFs using Google Chrome's default PDF Viewer, however it will not get linefeeds and the user has to use the right-click context menu > Copy as Plain Text... It will not work with a keyboard shortcut or the button in the popup. + Now works with Google Docs canvas element by using the "Copy as Plain Text..." button in the extension popup. It also preserves linefeeds and carriage returns. It will not work in Google Docs with the right-click context menu or the keyboard shortcut. 9/8/2021 - Version 1.0.1 - Fixed some license issues. 3/17/2021 - Version 1.0.0 - Fixed a bug for the full license where the clipboard viewer was not updating if the user pressed the "Copy as Plain Text..." button or the "Convert Clipboard to Plain Text" button in the extension popup. Convert clipboard button now also converts smart quotes if that option is selected. The "Convert smart quotes" option also converts primes and double primes now. 3/15/2021 - Version 0.9.9 - Added dark mode to popup. Also added new payments processor to purchase pro edition because Google has deprecated Chrome Web Store payments. Also fixed some scrollTop bugs when pressing the "Copy as Plain Text..." button or the "Convert Clipboard to Plain Text" button in the extension popup. 8/20/2017 - Version 0.9.8 - Now Copy as Plain Text works in Google Docs by using the "Copy as Plain Text..." button in the extension popup. (Note it does not work in Google Docs using the right-click menu or keyboard shortcut because Google Docs disables these from working.) Removed ALT- and ALT+ change_font function missing error from content.js. Changed chrome.tabs.executeScript in popup.js from "fontsize.js" to "content.js". 4/20/2017 - Version 0.9.7 - Added note in extension popup that explains that extensions do not work in special chrome:// pages or at the Chrome web store. 4/9/2017 - Version 0.9.6 - Some websites block the right click context menu so a button has been added to the extension popup to "Copy as Plain Text...". Also some websites such as Google Docs use their own secret way of editing and selecting text that does not work with extensions such as this one so added an option for "Convert Clipboard to Plain Text" which will convert any text in the current clipboard to plain text. 11/22/2016 - Version 0.9.5 - Bug Fix - Now only puts "Append as Plain Text..." context menu once instead of five times. 11/21/2016 - Version 0.9.4 - Bug Fix - Added max-width to Clipboard Viewer so it did not go off the screen. 11/17/2016 - Version 0.9 - Copy as Plain Text first release.
- (2022-09-24) Brijesh Patel: not working as simple pdf
- (2021-11-06) Pat MySecret: Apparently the free option only offers to copy as plain text, and not to append.
- (2020-11-15) Rachel Phillips: does not work , it don't work on facebook
- (2020-08-11) 彭浩鹏: 不错
- (2020-02-26) Luke: Copy as Plain Text has worked great for me for years. I'm finally uninstalling it because I no longer need it. Thank you for your service.
- (2019-12-12) Marat Bikmullin: Для копирования URL с кирилицей расширение не работает. Но есть простой способ: переходим в начало адресной строки; нажимаем пробел; выделяем (Shift+End) и копируем Ctrl+C остаток строки которая содержит нужный нам URL-адрес, и вставляем куда надо Ctrl+V
- (2019-11-03) Razz Tanwari: The extensions that worked in copying text from a webpage when other extensions failed.
- (2019-02-01) GreenSteve: Thank you! After months spent trying four other extensions, finally one that actually works with Excel. Using the Alt+C function to copy to clipboard then Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert to directly into Excel, without needing the mouse, or any other steps, or a three-key function. Well worth the $4 to activate all the extra options.
- (2017-12-23) Harry Windharto: loved it much easier to copy text without formatting
- (2017-11-26) chester s: The only one that I have tried that kept returns in place. It works perfectly.
- (2017-10-03) Tim Bourquin: Yeah! Keeps the line breaks in place! Thanks much.
- (2017-08-02) Ojo Torpe: En mi caso no funciona, copio datos de una pagina web a otra (que solo acepta texto plano) y copia tags ocultos. He probado reiniciar el navegador y sigue igual.
- (2017-03-03) Zach Saucier: Paste without formatting (Alt + A) doesn't seem to work for me. The copy command (Alt + C or right click context menu) doesn't seem to work on pages like Google Docs. Also doesn't allow for the keyboard shortcuts to be changed, which is disappointing.
- (2021-06-01, v:1.0.0) 只有一战: shortcut problem
I use shortcut( alt-c ) but not working, what's the problem?
- (2020-07-18, v:0.9.8) dinesh: copy only mobile nos.
I have successfully copied only mobile (10 digits) from website and pasted it in excel .but latter its not working.do i m forgetting something.please let me know the process.Thanks in advance.
- (2020-05-30, v:0.9.8) Copy as Plain Text
Hello! Thank you for the extension, only one that keeps paragraphs in the text! I need to replace smart commas etc. Please tell me how!
- (2017-06-08, v:0.9.7) Chris Bacak: Needed Enhancement
Could there be an option so that the following 3 characters are removed. We have a list of characters that cause problems if they get pasted into web forms. 1. < 2. > 3. & 4. @ 5. #