Highlights new comments when you revisit a comments page on reddit.
This extension highlights new comments on a link page in reddit when you revisit a link. To jump between "new links", simply use shortcut keys "Shift+Up" & "Shift+Down".
- (2022-08-25) Dangelman: Doesn't work with reddit redesign...
- (2021-02-21) Brian: Why can this extension see and change information to non reddit websites when it's designed solely for reddit? Kind of suspicious
- (2021-02-17) Raven: Doesn't work.
- (2019-04-04) Chris Doms: Doesn't work
- (2016-05-07) Tom Green: Works with RES but you can't change the colour so unfortunately it doesn't work well with RES night mode.
- (2015-11-04) Dmytro Berdnik: One of the best addons for reddit - simple and useful.
- (2014-09-01) K N: Works but it doesn't function with reddit moderator toolbox. Had to disable it.
- (2014-07-08) I I: Works, but i wish i can change the color. i'm on night mode on RES and it's hard to see the text when it's highlighted.
- (2014-05-12) Erhan Gucel: It's nice add-on indeed. But there should be option for changing the highlight color for matching it up with the "dark theme".
- (2014-03-15) David Paul: Helpful! All in all great extension !!!!!
- (2013-12-20) Reinis Ivanovs: Permission to access data on all websites, why?! No thank you!
- (2013-09-02) Ash C: Love this extension, have been using it for ages now. Perfect!
- (2013-03-27) Tom Downs: Perfect, just what I was looking for
- (2013-03-12) Chris Birkett: Another plugin like RES that adds incredibly useful basic functionality to Reddit. This is not a feature that should cost users $30/year for Reddit Gold. New comment highlighting with the convoluted threading system Reddit uses is the only way to follow a post in any meaningful way after you read it for the first time.
- (2013-02-10) Peter Kostovčík (k0sTi): Somehow does not work for me
- (2013-01-30) Alan Boguslawski: Works as it should. It would be nice if there was a setting to allow it to work better with night mode in RES. Right now, comments are hard to read if night mode is turned on.
- (2021-02-21, v:3.0) Brian: see and change information to non reddit websites
Why can this extension see and change information to non reddit websites when it's designed solely for reddit? Kind of suspicious
- (2018-06-24, v:3.0) John McGrath: Highlight color
How do I change the highlight color? Is there a how-to text anywhere.
- (2018-06-20, v:3.0) Updates?
Any updates so it will work with latest updates of reddit and also the old.reddit.com for legacy style?
- (2018-06-02, v:3.0) Ivan Zaitsev: Eats 100% CPU on Mac
Recently I noticed that "Google Chrome Helper" process consumes 100% CPU even when no heavy tabs are opened. I narrowed down the problem to this extension. Tried restarting Chrome several times, doesn't matter, 100% CPU usage, even when no reddit tabs are opened. Disabling or removing this extension solves the problem.
- (2015-09-28, v:2.0) Daniel Bethe: permissions
Why does this require new permissions? Particularly, to read information about *all* my web sites? Why not just reddit.com? Why would its permissions ever change?
- (2014-10-26, v:1.2) th_pion: Is there a way to get this running on FF?
The github page states that this extension works for Firefox as well. I have no idea how to install it for FF though? Any help? =)
- (2014-09-15, v:1.2) Vlad Sitalo: It's not working for me
Chromium 37.0.2062.120 (281580) (64-bit), Linux Using of extension don't provide any effect. New comments are not highlighted and navigation with shift+up/down is not working
- (2014-08-27, v:1.2) Devin Spikowski: Problems when voting and commenting
I have singled out this extension as the cause of some problems I've been having recently on reddit (and have not had since disabling it). When viewing a thread that contains comments highlighted by this extension, voting on one of them will cause all other highlighted comments to appear voted as well. I haven't tested this extensively, but there was more than one case I observed the wrong post getting the vote. And when replying to one of these highlighted posts, the reply will go to the wrong post, usually the highest on the page at time of reply. I originally reported these issues in this thread, wrongly thinking RES was the problem: http://www.reddit.com/r/RESissues/comments/2e6im5/wrong_posts_being_votedreplied_to/ It's worth mentioning that another user came into the thread with the same issues as me, and it turns out he or she also uses this extension.
- (2014-07-23, v:1.2) Permissions
Why does this need access to data on all websites? This should only need access to Reddit and affiliated sites.